Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tactics Ogre: The Knights Of Lodis

#1   Shikonaurum 

• Lord
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Slacking, the intarweb, gaming, sleeping. The likes.

Posted 23 August 2005 - 01:50 PM

Odds are that this topic will die a painful death from ignorance, or that I was idiotic enough to not notice another topic of the sort.

I adore this game, and will continue to do so until the Game Boy Advance becomes heavily outdated. So I just thought I might make a post about it. :)

Well. Produced by Quest, a company that was partially involved the production of Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre: The Knights of Lodis was one of the first tactical RPG's for the Game Boy Advance. It was brought over and translated by Atlus, the company which is also responsible for bringing over Rivera.

Tactics Ogre: KOL is, as the name suggests, a tactical game. Its graphic design is strikingly familiar to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, but just as a note, Tactics Ogre: The Knights of Lodis CAME FIRST.

Anyway, the game has a rather unstable plot at times, but ends strong. The plot is one of the highlights of the game. And although the AI can be very stupid at times (multiple battles could have been lost if the AI did not seem to have avoid the leader who had low HP), the game itself is rather challenging.

So. Has anyone played this tactical RPG? Or... Heard of it, for that matter? -_-

#2   Eothain 

• Berserker
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2005 - 09:08 PM

i actually played this game for a while...but i just thought the plot wasn't...strong enough... i just felt that the plot took too long to go anywhere, so that's why i stopped playing. It wasn't a bad game...i just wasn't really feeling it...

#3   Elliott 

• Cool
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Veterans
        • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
        • AKA Agatio

Posted 26 August 2005 - 03:24 AM

Nice. I got it shortly after it came out, and beat it in around a week or so. Then for some reason the save function messed up, meaning I couldn't load games after saving them, and I wasn't going to play GBA for 50 hours straight to beat it again lol. Anyway, top game, a lot better than FFTA in my opinion. Better story and characters definately. I'm pretty sure there was a topic on this yonks ago, but it was probably deleted when Max pruned a while back.

#4   Shikonaurum 

• Lord
        • PipPipPipPip
          • Interests:Slacking, the intarweb, gaming, sleeping. The likes.

Posted 26 August 2005 - 02:02 PM

(people responded! *shock* This calls for a rant! *is shot*)

Eothain, I guess the plot is a little slow in the beginning. Actually, there's a lot of plot, but most of it is political.

Agatio -- It probably got pruned out, or the search function got screwed. But I doubt the latter...

Tactics Ogre seems to have a problem with save functions. The first copy I bought was in Japanese because I wanted the game so badly, but I discovered that it couldn't save. Granted, I got it for 5 dollars in China so it wasn't that much of a loss, and it was probably an illegal copy anyway...

The second time I bought it over eBay, got ripped off because the box and manual were definitely not genuine, but the game worked.

But for playing 50 hours straight... Have you heard that report of that man who played video games for 50 hours straight? I think he died. ^_^

You beat it once? With what ending? ^^

Page 1 of 1
          • You cannot start a new topic
          • You cannot reply to this topic