Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bush Nominating John Robertson

#1   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Anime, manga, translating romanji, drawing, playing video games, etc.

Posted 05 September 2005 - 05:59 AM

I have a memory span of about 3 seconds, so, if I'm wrong, correct me.

I just saw that George Bush nominated John Robertson for Vice President, I think. Now, I'm not big on Bush's decisions, but I wonder what Robertson is gonna do now that he's under office as Vice? Hopefully something better.

#2   Eugine 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 05 September 2005 - 06:53 AM

From what I've read he didn't nominate him for Vice President, he nominated him for some supreme court thinge. I'm not an American so I'm not bothered.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/05/politics...cnd-scotus.html

#3   Andross 

• Disciple
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:02 AM

Crimson Barrel Knight, on Sep 5 2005, 05:59 AM, said:

I just saw that George Bush nominated John Robertson for Vice President, I think.

I have the eerie feeling that a Jay-walking skit is about to happen :)
        First of all, [DAMNIT MAN, DON'T FILTER DICK] Dick Cheney is Vice President. Secondly, you can't nominate a new person for Vice President mid-term unless he gets wacked as well as the Speaker of the House (which has never happened). Third, Bush isn't allowed to run for President next election as he has been President two consecutive terms. And last of all, it's John Roberts who has been nominated for the Supreme Court as a replacement for Sandra Day O'Connor.

And for those of you who don't know, Rehnquist died just a couple of days ago. Something tells me that only maybe Izar, myself, and a few others actually know this :/

(BTW, the nomination is almost a months old piece of news)

#4   Eugine 

• Master Adept
          • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:07 AM

Yeah, I read up on the thing about Rehnquist, don't know much about him though cause like I said, I'm not American so not into American politics.

#5   Leon 

• New User

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:07 AM

Actually, I have MSN set as my homepage and in BIG letters: REHNQUIST DIED. >_>; Only servered 33 years...

#6   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:10 AM

Leon, on Sep 5 2005, 07:07 AM, said:

Actually, I have MSN set as my homepage and in BIG letters: REHNQUIST DIED. >_>; Only servered 33 years...

:)

What do you mean ONLY 33 years?! That guy was one of the longest serving judges on the Supreme Court!

#7   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                • Interests:Anime, manga, translating romanji, drawing, playing video games, etc.

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:59 AM

Andross, on Sep 5 2005, 08:02 AM, said:

First of all, [DAMNIT MAN, DON'T FILTER DICK] Dick Cheney is Vice President. Secondly, you can't nominate a new person for Vice President mid-term unless he gets wacked as well as the Speaker of the House (which has never happened). Third, Bush isn't allowed to run for President next election as he has been President two consecutive terms. And last of all, it's John Roberts who has been nominated for the Supreme Court as a replacement for Sandra Day O'Connor.

And for those of you who don't know, Rehnquist died just a couple of days ago. Something tells me that only maybe Izar, myself, and a few others actually know this :/

I think I heard about the death of Rehnquist. I didn't pay much attention to it ... seeing as politics aren't my kind of thing.

#8   Izar 

• Master Adept
                  • Interests:Gaming, History, Christian Music, Comedy

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:07 AM

Andross, on Sep 5 2005, 08:02 AM, said:

Andross, you said you hate polotics. :blink: :lol:

And yes, I know. And I'm not sure If I agree with this descision, but, if he works, then he works.

#9   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 05 September 2005 - 02:23 PM

Okay, I see why this may have been brought up again, as Bush has re-nominated Roberts, but for Chief Justice this time.

#10   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:44 PM

Oh man, George Bush knows exactly what he is doing. Let me explain.

It's actually really simple. If John Roberts gets approved (which he actually might not) he will become supreme court cheif justice. When you have this position the only way to stop is to quit or to die. John Roberts is only 40 years old. William Rehnquist was nominated during the Nixon era. Imagine if Roberts lived to be 90. This would mean that George Bush would have his idealistics in control of the Supreme Courts for 50 years. This is a scary thought as this is the same man that cut 32 million from the budget to give tax breaks to the rich. And, oh yeah, some of that budget money was going to be used to raise the levees in New Orleans. That's all I have to say.

#11   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
                        • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:46 PM

Sea_of_Time, on Sep 8 2005, 04:44 PM, said:

Oh man, George Bush knows exactly what he is doing. Let me explain.

It's actually really simple. If John Roberts gets approved (which he actually might not) he will become supreme court cheif justice. When you have this position the only way to stop is to quit or to die. John Roberts is only 40 years old. William Rehnquist was nominated during the Nixon era. Imagine if Roberts lived to be 90. This would mean that George Bush would have his idealistics in control of the Supreme Courts for 50 years. This is a scary thought as this is the same man that cut 32 million from the budget to give tax breaks to the rich. And, oh yeah, some of that budget money was going to be used to raise the levees in New Orleans. That's all I have to say.

Another great way to screw up our great country even more

32 million dollars, could have saved so many people and so much damage.

#12   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 08 September 2005 - 05:55 PM

Bush is not going to take away funding for the disaster, sheesh, everyone keeps pointing out "He wants money for the government!" But after he's out, hich is soon, he wont get any of that moeny at all, so no reason.

Now, If this new guy is elected, I don't care either way, it's not my decision.

#13   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 08 September 2005 - 05:58 PM

Bleh, more ignorance. First of all, John Roberts is not as conservative as Rehinquist, and has demonstrated in the past that he judges cases on a case by case basis. Secondly, it doesn't matter who you are - a Federal Supreme Court judge is with the court for life.

Last of all, you shouldn't be worried about Roberts - you should be worried about the second judge Bush will nominate, because that would then swing the court towards a conservative stance (which isn't bad, but it could be depending on who Bush wants). And maybe you should also be a bit worried as to why Bush responed to the Supreme Court situation in two days, and it took him almost a week to go to the Katrina site and say what he would do (which was, OMGZORZ, make a stupid ass committee to state the obvious).

#14   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 09 September 2005 - 02:46 PM

Who are you calling ignorant? I said I don't care either way.

Bush's terms are about up, a few more years ain't so bad, so whatever he does, cool, whatever, at least it doesn't bother me too much now.

#15   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 09 September 2005 - 03:14 PM

Izar, on Sep 9 2005, 02:46 PM, said:

Who are you calling ignorant? I said I don't care either way.

Not you Izar, the people Bush bashing. I'm not a fan of Bush either, but Bush bashing is as good as beating a dead horse.

#16   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 10 September 2005 - 07:49 PM

Then what am I supposed to do, shut up and pretend nothing is happening? I know what I say won't matter at all, but speaking your mind is what forums is all about.

#17   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 10 September 2005 - 08:29 PM

I didn't tell you to shut up - but whenever someone goes Bush bashing w/o his facts checked, a kitten dies. THINK OF THE DAMN KITTENS!

#18   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 11 September 2005 - 04:21 PM

I suppose you're right, ultimately John Roberts is the one with the seat and not George Bush. Bush is not the one communicating his ideals, John Roberts is. Therefore, that makes it a whole different scenario.

Page 1 of 1
                                      • You cannot start a new topic
                                      • You cannot reply to this topic