Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Internet Speed Problems... Go figure....

#1   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 10 September 2005 - 04:01 PM

Well yeah. I'm kinda having a bit of trouble with my internet speed. I have Shaw high-speed lite, which should be pretty fast. My problem is that it sometimes starts out 32kbps, then moves down to 14, then 9-12kbps. My Cousins just across the street from me have the same ISP and plan, but they go 200kbps+. I have a Celeron D Processor, if that's anything related to the problem.

#2   lifeform287 

• Chaos Lord
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Interests:Microsoft Paint, Golden Sun, Virtual Stuff and<br />METROID!!<br /><br />What d'ya want? A cookie?<br />GO LOOK AT SOMEONE ELSE'S INTRESTS!

Posted 10 September 2005 - 04:03 PM

You using Dell at all? Any reason? ANYTHING?! BURN DELL!

With the insaneness aside, go trade the modem in. Solved my d/cing problems.

#3   Max 

• Administrator
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Admin

Posted 10 September 2005 - 07:17 PM

Could be a bad modem as lifeform suggested, or your computer may simply be too slow, as your processor has to manage all the rendering and network traffic within the operating system. I'd wager that it is a modem issue though, so try to change out your modem.

#4   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 10 September 2005 - 08:09 PM

Yeah, I was thinking of trading it in a few weeks ago, but the problem was that I also had to replace my monitor 'cause the button was pushed in too far; far enough to damage the monitor. My dad didn't want to exchange another thing. I'll see what I can do though.

Page 1 of 1
          • You cannot start a new topic
          • You cannot reply to this topic