Laptop Problems possibly hardware

#1   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:I've got hobby A.D.D.
    • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 18 September 2005 - 05:10 PM

Well, just for some background, I was just hit with a ton of spyware including a trojan, a few worms, data miners, malware, spyware and adware. I seemed to get rid of it all, but maybe I didnt and its fighting back

But now, I dont know why. this afternoon i shut the lid to my laptop, yet 2 seconds later, it awoke even though the lid was still down. I cant get it to go to sleep! Also, my apostrophe/quotation key doesnt work (See?). BUT I found that any place that I can write in text, the apostrophes start to show up when I open the lid to my computer. I think its somehow connected, but I dont know what I can do. until I can get it fixed, youll have to bear with me and my bad grammar.

also, I was shaking a bottle of juice, and It splashed on my keyboard. I managed to wipe it all up. I dunno how that could affect it? anyways, all I really want is a solution.

#2   Zaffa Dot Xom 

• Berserker
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members
      • Interests:Anime, manga, drawing, Adobe Photoshop, music, Sprite, and skibableedoosh!!

Posted 18 September 2005 - 05:22 PM

View Postlightningstar, on Sep 18 2005, 07:10 PM, said:

Well, just for some background, I was just hit with a ton of spyware including a trojan, a few worms, data miners, malware, spyware and adware. I seemed to get rid of it all, but maybe I didnt and its fighting back

But now, I dont know why. this afternoon i shut the lid to my laptop, yet 2 seconds later, it awoke even though the lid was still down. I cant get it to go to sleep! Also, my apostrophe/quotation key doesnt work (See?). BUT I found that any place that I can write in text, the apostrophes start to show up when I open the lid to my computer. I think its somehow connected, but I dont know what I can do. until I can get it fixed, youll have to bear with me and my bad grammar.

also, I was shaking a bottle of juice, and It splashed on my keyboard. I managed to wipe it all up. I dunno how that could affect it? anyways, all I really want is a solution.

It's probably ...

A. Glitching around
      B. The juice

Also, if you want to stop future encounters with all that spyware, viruses, etc., try Trend Micro's PC-cillin. It gets annoying when you update it ocassionally, but, it's best for wireless cable modems.

#3   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
        • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 18 September 2005 - 05:28 PM

still, anyone have advice as to how to solve the problem?

#4   Zaffa Dot Xom 

• Berserker
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Interests:Anime, manga, drawing, Adobe Photoshop, music, Sprite, and skibableedoosh!!

Posted 18 September 2005 - 05:32 PM

View Postlightningstar, on Sep 18 2005, 07:28 PM, said:

still, anyone have advice as to how to solve the problem?

Eh ...

I say go clean it out somewhere. If everything else works than the apostrophe key, try getting someone to fix that.

#5   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
            • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 18 September 2005 - 05:35 PM

ker-ap. that means i have to tell my parents. *cries* well, anyone have a solution for the lid closing, computer awaking problem?

edit: THERE IS A GOD! =D I somehow broke off the key, adjusted the little rubber whatchyamacallit and fixed it. don't ask me how, but I did!

#6   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 18 September 2005 - 08:13 PM

Could you explain the lid problem a bit more.

For now it sounds like a Spyware keeping it on. I recently have been "researching" diffrent types of Malware, and it sounds to me like the Netsky worm, possibly.

#7   Luna 

• Disciple

Posted 18 September 2005 - 09:56 PM

Icy, whenever my keyboard sort of... dies, I vacuum clean it.

That's what I did a LOOONG time ago when I had to use 5's instead of s's, remember? :D

As for the spyware etc (I read your blog.) apart from running lots of programs that clear it all, I have no idea.

#8   Zaffa Dot Xom 

• Berserker
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2005 - 02:59 PM

Well, since the key problem is fixed, maybe you should get that Trend Micro program I suggested ... it cleans out approximately 50% more spyware, etc., than Norton Anti-Virus. Heck, Norton wasn't even built for a wireless ...

#9   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
                    • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 19 September 2005 - 04:53 PM

well once I got the keyboard problem fixed, the lid problem was solved too. I'm thinking because my key was going haywire, when I closed the lid, it would hit the apostrophe key. That, in turn, would cause it to wake up, and that would be why I would see a line of " ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' " in places that had text boxes.

also for the spyware, I got this amazing program called XoftSpy. It goes exactly like ad-aware except it lags your computer less, scans faster, scans more thoroughly, and it finds more crud. ad-aware found 65 files wheras xoft found 467. yeah. 467 files that were having a great time eating away my computer while ad-aware ignored them.

#10   Zaffa Dot Xom 

• Berserker
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2005 - 04:59 PM

View Postlightningstar, on Sep 19 2005, 06:53 PM, said:

well once I got the keyboard problem fixed, the lid problem was solved too. I'm thinking because my key was going haywire, when I closed the lid, it would hit the apostrophe key. That, in turn, would cause it to wake up, and that would be why I would see a line of " ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' " in places that had text boxes.

also for the spyware, I got this amazing program called XoftSpy. It goes exactly like ad-aware except it lags your computer less, scans faster, scans more thoroughly, and it finds more crud. ad-aware found 65 files wheras xoft found 467. yeah. 467 files that were having a great time eating away my computer while ad-aware ignored them.

Then I guess everything's solved, eh?

#11   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
                        • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:04 PM

That sounds like a pretty good anti-spyware. Where can I download it?

Page 1 of 1
                        • You cannot start a new topic
                        • You cannot reply to this topic