Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nba Dress Code? The hell?

#1   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:16 PM

I am not sure on the details but the NBA wants to add(or has already enforced) a dress code for NBA players. Say word? I can see reasons why they would want to do this because NBA players are role models to many kids and effect the way they dress but that's no reason to tell them what to wear. I mean even though most of them have on the same type of clothing, this goes against a person's choice of what they want to wear.

Now how do you all think about this. Don't be fooled by the topic this can lead into other debates like, should all sports athletes have a dress code implemented? Have fun with this one.

#2   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • AKA Horasu

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:54 PM

Don't they have to wear team jerseys when they're out on a game anyways? <<;;

#3   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
        • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:42 PM

No, not really. I see most NBA players wearing throwbacks and such. Of course hip hop is closely tied into basketball so most NBA players where the same type of clothes as rappers and such. Now, the league is asking or demanding that they wear a set of clothing that they have assigned to them which of course most players are opposed against.

#4   Andross 

• Disciple
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Members

Posted 20 October 2005 - 04:31 PM

I think it's pretty unfair. It makes no sense and is just unnecessary. You're dictating what they do in their daily lives after all - I mean, MAYBE if it were just for official events and practices, but in their day-to-day routine? That's absurd.

#5   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 22 October 2005 - 03:06 PM

It's not their fault all their players are hip-hop and gangsta. Black people dominate the sport of basketball. As for the dress code, it is complete bs. Iverson finally got something right, the way you dress is an expression of self. The NBA shouldn't be able to dictate what they are wearing when they're not playing basketball.

The players are too smart, they will find loopholes, you just have to wait.

#6   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept

Posted 02 November 2005 - 07:19 PM

The NBA season just started yesterday and the dress code was in effect. I see some guys coming in with casual wear and stuff like that. So far no one has broken the rules and it looks like it barely bugs most players.

#7   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:50 PM

Iverson had some nice clothes on, the guys look professional and they don't have to wear suits, they just need collars. I don't think it's that bad unless you count the fact they can't wear headphones either.

On a totally unrelated note, ED, that TMac commercial is the stupidest thing I have ever seen and if you do not take that out of your sig I will hunt you down. XD

Page 1 of 1
                • You cannot start a new topic
                • You cannot reply to this topic