Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Strangerhood From the people who brought you Red vs Blue!

#1   Zaffa Dot Xom 

• Berserker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Anime, manga, drawing, Adobe Photoshop, music, Sprite, and skibableedoosh!!

Posted 18 November 2005 - 05:20 PM

The Strangerhood revolves around the world of The Sims 2, where a group of people were brought together that have no clue who they are, what they are doing, and who brought them there. As each episode progresses, they begin to regain their memory, all the while surviving the antics produced by "the one who brought them there".

Fans of Red vs Blue will get a kick out of this.

http://sh.roosterteeth.com/home.php

#2   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator
      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 18 November 2005 - 06:24 PM

I've watched alot of their episodes, but they update far too slowly for my patience.

#3   Zaffa Dot Xom 

• Berserker
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Interests:Anime, manga, drawing, Adobe Photoshop, music, Sprite, and skibableedoosh!!

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:49 AM

Suggestion.

Maybe you should stop whining and gain more patience?

No sarcasm here. Seriously.

I mean, if you were to come up with a terrific idea for a bunch of animated shorts, you'd be spending hours just ripping the different 3D models and frames from the game, and then all the editing and such would be the same way. You've gotta respect them for what they're able to accomplish.

#4   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
          • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 19 November 2005 - 08:56 AM

Holy crap, I wasn't even trying to say anything offensive. :blink: I'm just that good I guess.

Doesn't RvB update a lot faster? I think you're the whining one who needs patience.

#5   ForteGX 

• Master Adept
            • Group: Veterans

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:01 AM

I think you both need to shut up. :blink:

I've seen The Strangerhood, and even Rooster Teeth's other short series, PANIC, but neither of them compare to RvB. I like the Strangerhood because it's a little more random, but essentially, it's the same as RvB; same humor, etc. just with a different game engine. And since they have kinda limited control over characters in Sims, the animation isn't GREAT, but still, it's okay. I like Dutchmiller.

"Welcome to Dutchmiller's house of Sushi. I was just cutting up raw fish and thinking about you. :P"

#6   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
              • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:06 AM

It's still a "wtf" moment. I posted a perfectly non-offensive post that wasn't meant to be taken personally since it really wasn't pointed at anyone, but then...

Meh, I don't remember many of the character's names. I like the hippy "Dernt" (can't remember his actual name), the guy with the long black hair, Sam the preaching guy, and "old guy". :D

#7   ForteGX 

• Master Adept
                • Group: Veterans

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:08 AM

The guy with the long hair is...I forgot his name too, but Durnt is Wade. He's just Caboose in a Sims cartoon.

"Strange bed with a strange guy, sounds like a party to me maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. :blink:"

#8   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                  • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:25 AM

"Strange guys in strange beds in strange houses, sounds like a party to me maaaaaaaan..." <- The best quote. Evar.

Remember when Wade was rapping in... some episode? That was hilarious, even though the only words I can remember was something about a "naked chicken".

And then after when Nicky (a girl btw), Old Guy, and Sam were judging it like it was American Idol:

Old guy: Yo dawg, you know you're my dawg right? I mean, you're a total K9!! Anyway dawg, keep rapping, it was hawt. Like Hot Dogs... 'kay dawg? (<- something along those lines.)

Nicky: Wade, I just have to tell you that was MAGICAL... everything you do and say is like magic to my toned out ears! When I hear you sing, I feel like I'm caught in a [something]... Straight up!

Sam: Look. If I'm being honest, and I'm not trying to be mean here... but that was like being shot in the face with a bazooka, but only that the bazooka was loaded with the worst vocal performance ever, and the face not actually my face, but just my ears. Also, I hate you and I want your whole family to die. [Wade is crying at this point] And anyone who disagrees with me is stupid.

^ XDD

I had to watch this part over again to get all this, but it's so funny.

This post has been edited by Wind Dude: 19 November 2005 - 09:26 AM

#9   Zaffa Dot Xom 

• Berserker
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:08 PM

Moving along, I've started typing up a whole quote summary for each episode. Episode 2 and 3 are 95% done, and I'm currently working on Episode 1.

Here's what I have so far ...

(Episode 2)

Sam: Well, Wade, I suppose that means we're back to square one ... what now?
                    Wade: ... Let's bake something!

[Doorbell rings.]

Wade: Cool! I got it right, man!
                    Sam: I think that was the doorbell, Wade. Now, who could this be?
                    Wade: Even the doorbell knows how smart I am ... cool house, man!

Chalmers: ... Oh, you again!
                    Sam: What do you mean me again? What are you doing back here?
                    Chalmers: Don't quivel with me! Huh! I have a note. Huh! Really. Huh!
                    Sam: ... Wh-wha ... eh ... ? Who are all these people?
                    Chalmers: They have notes, too! Huh!
                    Sam: Hey, can somebody tell me what the heck is going on here?!
                    Chalmers: Hey, now, watch your language. Let's not get ridiculous.
                    Nikki: We all found these notes, telling us to come here.
                    Sam: From whom?
                    Chalmers: "From whom?" I told you to watch your language.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voice: Some of our choices you will not understand! For instance, food and water is now forbidden ... !
                    Sam: But, water and food is what makes us go!
                    Voice: ... Alright! What I meant was, cookies and Tang are forbidden!
                    Wade: What?! No cookies and Tang? We'll be dead in three days ... !!

Voice: You will notice many changes. Some of them will be pleasurable.
                    Wade: Dude, somebody put peanut butter in my pants!

[Audience laughs.]

Voice: Some ... will not.
                    Wade: Wait, it's just peanuts!

[Audience laughs.]

Voice: Know this! You will never expect what to expect!
                    Nikki: How predictable.

[Audience laughs.]

Sam: What do you mean?
                    Voice: When this transmission has ended, one of you will be dead!
                    Everyone: [surprised] Dead?
                    Dutchmiller: If this is TiVo, I have to say; not such a fan.

[Audience laughs.]

Voice: Stay tuned for future broadcasts! Transmission ... over!

[Sounds of a body dropping are heard.]

Wade: Oh man, I hope that wasn't me that just died ... !

[Audience laughs.]

(Episode 3)

Sam: It's dead. One of the fish is dead.
                    Griggs: That fish will be avenged ... !

[Audience laughs.]

Sam: What did the fish do to them?
                    Nikki: Yeah, and the sound of the body really scared me ... not!

[Audience laughs.]

Sam: Oh yeah, how is Wade?
                    Wade: Ohhh man ...

[Audience laughs.]

Dutchmiller: Hey, Wade. How 'bout some Joe? I made a cup ... want some?
                    Catherine: He seems ... dazed and out of it.
                    Chalmers: Back to normal, then.

[Audience laughs.]

Sam: I never heard of someone passing out at the sight of a dead fish.
                    Wade: I'm very sensitive, man! Think globally!

[Audience laughs.]

Griggs: Geez, I'm going mad! Wish that stupid audience would go away.

[Audience boos.]

Griggs: Aw, shutup, ya morons!
                    Wade: Oh, Mr. Fish ... !
                    Catherine: There's, uh, something I need to discuss with you ...
                    Dutchmiller: Huh, we're having a meeting? Lovely! I'll bring a flip chart!
                    Catherine: You're not very bright ...
                    Wade: ... He lived how he died, man ... in water ...
                    Tovar: Yay, everybody, I've got good news! I found a drink!

[Audience applauds and cheers.]

Sam: Tovar, you were supposed to get-- ...

[Audience continues.]

Tovar: Aye-aye-aye-aye-aye-aye-aye-aye ... aye-ye-ye-aye-aye aye-aye-aye! Thank you, thank you! Yay, all my fans, I want to kiss you on the mouth!
                    Sam: Tovar, you were supposed to get ice, not drinks.

[Tovar drinks aloud. Audience laughs.]

Griggs: What are you laughing at him for? He's got a ridiculous haircut!
                    Voice: He's very popular!
                    Griggs: Shutup, voice ... yours and that stupid audience!

[Audience groans.]

Sam: I ... suppose we could get a new fish ...
                    Voice: Excellent!

[Car tires screech outside, followed by a knock on the door.]

Voice: Fish delivery!

[Doorbell rings.]

Sam: ... That was fast.

[Later ... ]

Sam: It looks like our new fish really likes it's place!
                    Chalmers: All this nonsense over a fish! They don't even appreciate it!
                    Sam: W-what do you want them to do, say thanks?
                    Chalmers: They should be helping out. Contributed to the group!
                    Sam: Th-they're pets!
                    Chalmers: Exactamundo! We shouldn't be pampering them! We need to assess their worth!
                    Sam: Fish.
                    Chalmers: We should be testing their limits to their physical capabilities. Just in case we need to rely on them.
                    Sam: I-I don't think Spike and Shiela have physical capabilities.
                    Chalmers: Spike and Shiela? Who?
                    Sam: Our new fish!
                    Tovar: Aye, S-mam ... you give name to fish?
                    Sam: Of course!
                    Tovar: No ... no, no, no, no, no, no, no ... it is insult to name fish!
                    Sam: It's insulting to name a fish?
                    Tovar: It is insult to God, it is insult to person, and it is insult to fish! Hm! Heh ...
                    Chalmers: I'm sorry, Tovar, but I have to agree with Sam. A fish needs a name.
                    Sam: Thank you.
                    Chalmers: How else are you gonna indicate which one you want to eat?
                    Sam: What?
                    Chalmers: You can't just say, "I want to eat Anonymous." I mean, really. Huh!
                    Sam: I'm not planning on eating any of them!
                    Chalmers: I don't mean today, I mean once a day comes when start to starve to death.
                    Tovar: Starving is like dying, with pain!
                    Sam: I won't ever eat them ... eh-h ... they're goldfish!
                    Chalmers: You say that now, but wait until the famish sets in. They'll be singing a different tune! The "Let's Fry Up Anonymous" tune!
                    Sam: We are not eating Spike and Shiela! E ... ever!
                    Tovar: Please, no fish name! It is insult to me!
                    Nikki: I'm gonna go make dinner, does anyone want anything?
                    Sam: Hey, no fish!
                    Chalmers: He can't watch you forever ... Anonymous.

This post has been edited by Zaffa Dot Xom: 23 November 2005 - 02:17 PM

Page 1 of 1
                    • You cannot start a new topic
                    • You cannot reply to this topic