Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Two Hours Back? I can now watch daytime t.v....NOO!

#1   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 22 November 2005 - 07:50 PM

So I am hearing that America will shift it's timezone two hours back. Now I wondering if this is true or if they are just planning to try this out. This maybe old news but I just got word of this from a friend today. I don't understand how any of this could be true so hook me up people.

#2   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
      • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 22 November 2005 - 08:41 PM

American has many time zones, I don't know what you're talking about.

#3   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
        • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 22 November 2005 - 08:54 PM

Neither do I. This is mostly just a rumor. I just want clarification to see if it's true or not for whatever timezone.

#4   kate 

• Master Adept
          • Interests:rpgs (duh :P), internet (my precioussss)...other things computer related...and penguins! (penguin'd)
          • AKA The Best Woman Ever.

Posted 22 November 2005 - 09:34 PM

I personally love how all the Canadians are talking about this XD perhaps we should get an actual american to post eh? Phish, let's just admit it. Only us Canadians really know how to handle these timezones. Spring foward, fall back. Simple as pie. I'm not entirely sure how simple pie is, but if it's anything like timezones, then very. u.u go eskimos! gonna own in the cfl :agitated: *cough* i mean yes

#5   Andross 

• Disciple
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Members

Posted 23 November 2005 - 07:31 AM

I suggest you take a stfupie =]

There is absolutely no truth to the statement. It makes completely no sense. I believe this is a rumor, though, that sprung from the idea of adjusting the time when daylights savings is put into effect. But there's nothing that suggest all timezones (pacific, mountain, mid, atlantic) will be thrown back two hours.

This post has been edited by Andross: 23 November 2005 - 07:31 AM

#6   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
              • Interests:I've got hobby A.D.D.
              • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:16 AM

its one hour, not two hours.

I live in one of the few states that doesn't adjust their clocks to daylight savings. I dunno, I guess it was put into affect so the work day would be longer because the sun was out longer. I'm not quite sure why arizona doesn't participate but meh, at least I don't have to adjust my clock.

#7   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:49 PM

View Postkate, on Nov 22 2005, 09:34 PM, said:

I personally love how all the Canadians are talking about this XD perhaps we should get an actual american to post eh? Phish, let's just admit it. Only us Canadians really know how to handle these timezones. Spring foward, fall back. Simple as pie. I'm not entirely sure how simple pie is, but if it's anything like timezones, then very. u.u go eskimos! gonna own in the cfl :agitated: *cough* i mean yes

Eskies rule!!! XD
                Canada's all like hyped up because we're all like "OMG, if the Americans change their time, that means we'll be screwed."
                We don't realize all the Americans have to do is decide to invade and we're done.

#8   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept

Posted 24 November 2005 - 07:24 PM

I see. It also sounded off to me. Still, I think it would be interesting to be outside at 10:00pm and still see the sun up in the sky.

#9   kate 

• Master Adept
                    • Interests:rpgs (duh :P), internet (my precioussss)...other things computer related...and penguins! (penguin'd)
                    • AKA The Best Woman Ever.

Posted 24 November 2005 - 09:36 PM

..wait, if they shifted it two hours back, wouldn't that technically mean it be midnight at 10 pm. I don't know how you ontarioans (XD or whatever) do things, but us country folk generally don't get sunlight at midnight. then again, we're in canada so we hardly get sunlight at all. That or the snow's too high to see it. yup we're that talented.
                    Kate: supporting false stereotypes for 15 years :agitated:

This post has been edited by kate: 24 November 2005 - 09:37 PM

Page 1 of 1
                    • You cannot start a new topic
                    • You cannot reply to this topic