Top Five Gameboy Advance Games

#1   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Video Games & Hentai
    • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 26 November 2005 - 04:39 AM

Well I'm on an Ebay obsession lately and I'm trying to buy old games that I missed for various reasons for my older platforms. For instance I've bought Vagrant Story for the PS1, since I heard it was good but never got the chance to see for myself. I want to do the same for the GBA and thus I need the opinions of narrow-minded Nintendo loving fanboys, so I thought this would be an ideal place to ask.

What's your top five favourite GBA games of all time, and provide a description/reason for each of them. Anyone posting just the game titles and no description will have their post deleted upon my request. This is my topic and I make the rules for it, so if you don't like it don't post in it, biatch.

These are the top five games that had me hooked to my GBA over the years, I still love playing them up till this day...

1. Golden Sun
    My all time favourite RPG for the GBA. This game had me under it's spell, the quality of the game was just amazing and it was one of those games that just surprise you and blow you away. I loved this game, it was prood that old fashioned RPG's were still magical and great even for today's high standards.

2. Advance Wars
    The cartoony graphics and funny sprites had me impressed, but the simple yet immensely tactical gameplay had me hooked on this game for hours upon hours. This is Turn-based Strategy at it's finest for the GBA. I loved making my own maps and playing Vs Mode using only one GBA, that was really handy for when I have friends with me on the bus.

3. Sword of Mana
    It got mixed reviews but I personally really enjoyed it. It was fun and the battle system and such was great even though some wouldn't agree. I also liked the storyline and graphical style of the game. My only complaint was the cheesy names the characters had; "Dark Lord" pshhh.

4. Zone of Enders: Fist of Mars
    Yes, the very reason I am named Anubis. This was my first encounter with the Z.O.E series, it was also my first ever GBA game and it felt magical. This game has nothing original going for it, it's a very average game for everyone's standards but to me it was amazing, the storyline had me gripped and the mecha was great. It was Advance Wars with a deeper plot and lots of Mecha. Shortly after, Z.O.E became my all-time favourite series in Video Gaming, since then Anubis has been obsessed with Z.O.E.

5. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    What can I say? It's a classic, and just as enjoyable as the original. I loved playing this game, great to burn some time on and so many things to do, so little time. I really loved it, although it did get really boring for me after you get into the dark realm, that's when I ditched it. Haha. Still, an excellent game but it didn't appeal to me as much as OoT.

#2   Laharl 

• Banned
      • Interests:research it
      • AKA Dullahan

Posted 26 November 2005 - 05:23 AM

top gba games hey

1. Advance Wars 1+2

Although it may look cute and kiddie, inside beats the heart of a monster intent on eating all of your free time, painfully addictive and introduced me to my good friend pro-plus.

2. Zelda:Link to the Past

It's a Zelda game. 'nuff said. Addictive and challenging gameplay in a vast adventure with the usual Zelda elementss. Classic.

3. Golden Sun 2

A very clever RPG, the sheer amount of exploration in the game gives the impression of the game being non-linear when infact it is, very clever nintendo, a solid battle system, likeable characters and unique psyenergy system make this a top RPG.

4. Final Fantasy 1 (from Dawn of Souls)

Okay it may have a dire story line and no character development, but that doesn't deny it being a solid RPG and it's simplicity makes very addictive very fast, better than many of today's RPGs from "less gifted" developers

5. Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga

A breath of fresh air in a repetitive Market, hey it's not often Nintendo take the piss out of themselves, a humourous storyline, unique battle system and refreshing style of play make this one of my favourites.

no points for guessing which genre i like most

#3   I'm Always BROKE 

• Master Adept
        • AKA Fire Dude, Diddy Kong

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:54 AM

1: Mario&Luigi!
        Man this game is just plain cool! Best RPG game ever made by Nintendo! Its so humourous! :agitated:

2: Donkey Kong Country 1/2/3
        Imma fanboy... 'nuff said.

3: Fire Emblem.
        Nice game. I didn't knew it was this fun. You know I don't even lik strategy games, yet this game is cool.

4: Pokemon Ruby.
        Although I don't play it anymore (for like 2 years or something) I really liked this game. They added alot of cool new stuff...

5: Golden Sun TLA.
        Yeah pretty low on this list. Still I liked this game very much. When I replayed it like 2 months ago I really knew why this game was once my favorite.

#4   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 26 November 2005 - 12:26 PM

ANUBIS!!! Good topic idea. Anyways, here's my list.

1. Golden Sun: The Lost Age: Great graphics, A+ storyline, and the characters are deeper than any I've seen for the GBA. Definitely the top game for me.

2. Fire Emblem: Yes, this game has passed Golden Sun for number two. A month ago, I would have said the original Golden Sun would be number two, but after playing Hector's story for Fire Emblem, I found a renewed depth and difficulty to a game with almost limitless replay value.

3. Golden Sun: I thought this game could be better if you spent more time as more powerful adepts like you do in Golden Sun: TLA. I thought you were a bit too weak for the whole game and you only beat the game around level 30. But, it is number three for (once again) A+ storyline, great graphics, and deep characters.

4. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past: Sadly, the only Zelda game I have ever owned, but it was a good one. The number of possible weapons is extremely high, but I thought the storyine could use some finetuning.

5. Mario Golf: Advance Tour: I hear you saying What?. Don't question this title. Camelot did an amazing job taking Toadstool Tour from the GC and making a great golf title for the GBA. You don't spend the whole game as Mario, which makes you feel more in tune with your character. However, this game suffers from, yes, the Mario factor. You spend 75% of the game playing real humans than you are magically transported to play Mario and all the Nintendo freaks at Princess Peach's castle. I think this game would be much better, if it dropped the Mario Golf title and was just a normal golf game. The graphics were great and the controls were simple, intuitive, and easy to master.

Anyways, that's my list. I really want to see some other ones, though.

#5   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
            • AKA Me111

Posted 26 November 2005 - 02:32 PM

My list looks something like this...
            1. Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
            It's the most non-RPG like RPG that I've played. It's just so much fun. The storyline is really funny and battles are more than the usual 'hit the a button again and again.' Shame there weren't more battle moves. Also there's Fawful who's just damn crazy.

2. Golden Sun: The Lost Age
            What a shocker! Who'd have thought this would get in! I don't really seeing a point in doing a comment since everyone will have played it but here goes. There's the huge world which spreads out, the magic you can use is looks great and the plotline is really strong, though sometimes confusing. The only downside was the random battles conviently appearing when you least need them.

3. Wario Ware: Minigame Mania
            It just moves so fast! One moment your catching apples in a basket, the next your trying to avoid traffic on your bike.. It's hilarious! Ok so the games got dull after a while but it can still be a good laugh when you play it for the first time in a while. Eventually Twisted will arrive but until then...

4. Sonic Advance 3
            I only bought this a few months ago but it was worth it. Sonic games just seem to work so much better in 2D. The graphics are pretty good and I really like it. I just hate having to look for those damn Chao things to get the emeralds.

5. Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
            I prefer playing the first one over the second but this still manages to make the top 5. The music in this is really good and the game is simple, yet no less fun for that. It just shows that you don't need a huge and complicated backstory to have a good RPG. If only there was a way to get rid of FF2 from there...

#6   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
              • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 26 November 2005 - 04:23 PM

Nice topic.

1. Pokemon blue and red. I had both of these games when I was young and I use to challenge my friends almost all the time. Good memories.

2. Golden Sun. Sick, slick an oldy but a goody..........I'll never say that again

3. Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. This game took up most of my time when I wasn't replaying the other two games. Infact, I am currently playing it.

4. Golden Sun: TLA. Funny, I liked this game better than the other GS game but since I couldn't transfer my data from my GS game to this game because sold my other GBA it lost it's value in my eyes. Still, it was another great GS game.

5. Sword of Mana. I played this game only three times yet I always did like the storyline and the characters. It was just to easy though.

#7   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:42 PM

Cool...

1. Pokemon Ruby
                The best Pokemon game there is. A long game with deep gameplay and so much to find out. Not knowing almost any of the new Pokes made this game really interesting. The graphics are a bit crappy, but I don't care. I love it!

2. Golden Sun: The Lost Age
                Do I have to? Oh well... Huge game, lots of secrets, interesting characters, A+ storyline(to quote Sea Of Time), amazing graphics... A plain beauty!

3. Golden Sun
                Yeah. Lots of secrets, interesting characters, B+ storyline(not as good as TLA), amazing graphics... The longevity was a BIG disapointment, but it's till one of the best games I've ever played!

4. Legend Of Zelda: Minish Cap
                I know everyone says that A Link to the Past is better, but... it's not! This game is so fun, the most tricky of my top five games, longer than I first thought it was, has great ideas, cool items and pretty graphics. Yummy!

5. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
                First off, you have to be a Mario fan to like this game. If you are, here's what you get: pretty long game, excellent story, awesome ideas which change the whole RPG consept but most of all... HUMOR! God, how I laughed! You'll pee you're pants if you play this gem!

If you look closely you'll notice they're all Nintendo games. Oh well...

#8   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 28 November 2005 - 02:15 PM

1. Golden Sun: The lost age
                  Mesmerizing, Pushed every limit the GBA had, and invented new limits to smash, involving story, and some music that real life orchestras have to labor to achieve.

2. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
                  WOW. Plotline of a truly genuine struggle, highly specialized races and classes, original AP system, strategy-intensive battle interface, the no D-pad movement interface was surprising and counterintuitive, but saved LOADS of time, only lost points on inability of repeated final battles

3. Golden Sun
                  Previously mentioned mind-blowing graphics and sound, more templated "bad guy" motif though...

4. Final Fantasy I&II: Dawn of Souls
                  Not much to be said for graphics and sound, good stories though, loved soul of rebirth.

5. Breath of Fire
                  Simple graphics of a simpler time, rather blank characters, but the battles were awesome, huge variability of abilities in and out of combat. I can turn into a fish weheheeeee!

Can anyone guess what genre of game is my favorite?

This post has been edited by Platinum Sun: 28 November 2005 - 07:33 PM

#9   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                    • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:07 PM

Mines are:

1. Fire Emblem - The first FE released in US was my favourite game of all times. I played this game over like 15 times and I'm not joking. Did all kinds of things with it cause I was obsessed, I even made a site on it B)

2. Pokemon Ruby - The old days, I love Pokemon Ruby...

3. GS/TLA - Awesome RPG, everyone here should know why I like this game cause we wouldn't be on this forum.

4. FE: SS - The second FE released in the US. I haven't really gotten hooked to it since I don't play games that much, but still one of my favourite games for GBA.

5. Megaman Zero series - Love it ^_^

Page 1 of 1
                    • You cannot start a new topic
                    • You cannot reply to this topic