• You cannot reply to this topic

The Exorcism Of Emily Rose

#1   Eugine 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 27 December 2005 - 08:56 PM

This is one of the movie I got for Christmas and I'm proud to say how pleased I am with buying this movie. The movie tells the story of Emily Rose (Anneliese Michel) exorcism, how she coped with it, how she dealt with it. I target this movie mainly at Athiests and Agnostic who are denying God's existance simply because it shows you how true it is since it protrays a real life story.

Even if you're a Christian, watch it. It surely got me scared and thinking at the end.

Anyone else seen it?

#2   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
      • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 27 December 2005 - 10:40 PM

I watched it at 2AM. Definetly keeps you wanting to watch it all the way through. I got it on the 20th from my SIster as an early present.

I loved it. I liked the way they told the story, through the trial against the priest. It's hard yet easy to believe it's been based on the true story.

#3   Yuki 

• Master Adept
        • Group: Members
        • AKA Love_Guardian_Yuki, Zimmy

Posted 27 December 2005 - 10:47 PM

I wanted to see it, but I was::
        A) scared
        B) couldn't find it in the video store

I don't really like Horror movies, but I really wanted to see this one. It looked so good. I've always been interested with so called exorcisms, demons, fallen angels, and etc. That's why I loved Constantine. It better be as good as you guys say it is though >.>

#4   pHantOm 

• Disciple
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2005 - 12:53 AM

You must pay careful attention to the words

"Based On a True Story"

Just because its based, doesnt mean there is much truth to it.

#5   Luna 

• Disciple

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:15 AM

Phantom's right. I did a little bit of research and it doesn't adjust to the true facts (which is a bit dissapointing after watching the ending). It is simply based on Anneliese Michel.

#6   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis

Posted 28 December 2005 - 03:01 AM

Emily Rose ^.

And Phantom, I never said it was like exactly to the plot, dude. I commented on it being based on a true story. Read the words more carefully.

#7   pHantOm 

• Disciple

Posted 28 December 2005 - 04:33 AM

View PostPiers diamondberg master, on Dec 28 2005, 04:01 AM, said:

Emily Rose ^.

And Phantom, I never said it was like exactly to the plot, dude. I commented on it being based on a true story. Read the words more carefully.

My comment was more towards Yuki, she said she had interest in Exorcisms and I was simply saying that the movie does not hold true.

#8   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 28 December 2005 - 12:55 PM

*wonders if people actually think 'based on a true story' means half of the movie is true*

The term 'based on a true story' is used so absurdly loose that I would bet that 75% of the movie is made up. Especially with the exorcism bs thrown in there *rolls eyes*

#9   Yuki 

• Master Adept

Posted 28 December 2005 - 02:16 PM

I still believe in them...no matter if it's true or not o.o;;

#10   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                      • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 28 December 2005 - 05:36 PM

OK, many may not believe what I am about to type since why should you believe a 15 year old who live in Grenada in the Caribbean? We most likely would never meet and 0.01% of this forum actually knows what I look like? 0.5% actually talks to me over IM and 1% cares about what I say on this forum... Maybe....

But what the heck! I'll still post it anyway. This is a TRUE story which happened to me and my family. Believe if you want, but I know it is true and it haunts me still.

It happened a few days after Hurricane Ivan destructed our country. Grenada is a very small Island, it's the second smallest independent state in the Western Hemisphere so any Hurricane will cause devastating effects on the country as a whole (If Hurricane Katrina came Grenada way and Grenada was flat I'd be dead now.) Anyway, since a hurricane had passed we lost electricity for about 3 weeks and telephone was out for about 5 months (this is why I left GSSF for awhile since I had no way to access the internet). Now, that's the introduction here's the story, the demonic story.

Now, there was this man who came into my village to live by his Grand Father because his house was destroyed and he needed a lodge-in, his Grand Father invited him into his place. His Grand Father was our neighbour so he had visited our house every night to do a little social, you see we were out of electricity so what other way to have fun but have a little chit-chat?
                      Anyway, soon he came adapted to my cousin (Male, 26 or so, Handsome (runs in the family :unsure:... right...)) they would chat and had fun together. I never liked this man, he just seemed as an impostor, a hypocrite towards our family so I never really trusted or feel welcomed around him. Eventually, he and my cousin would go fishing and such since we live close to the ocean.... This happened for around a week. TO MY SURPRISE AND HAPPINESS, we found out this man was a thief and something we Grenadian call um... I can't spell it "Ligahroo"... It is someone who flies at night, working for the devil and so call "sucks" people at night, shaving their pubic hair, leaving marks on their skin and making them uncomfortable during the night. Now this is what my cousin said, I believe his words.
                      Last night I was unable to move, I was awake but my body would not respond, I shouted but the voice never left my mouth, it controlled itself. He got up the other morning, the symptoms I listed above was evident on his body. This happened for around three days on different people every night. His girlfriend, my female cousin, around 1% of the population of my Village... It was scary! All this happening because there was no electricity and we had to use candles and battery lit lights, there was no street lights or anything.
                      Anyway, eventually the dude I mentioned above was starting to be labelled for this, since he was new -- never happened to us before he came. Every morning the persons with the symptoms would see him every morning they got up sitting outside their homes. Rumours say whenever these things happen to you, the first person you see outside your house which was not family was the culprit... Strange eh'? When he was confronted he left, I never saw him again. It must have been true. He never admitted or denied the allegations.

Believe if you want.

This post has been edited by Eugine: 28 December 2005 - 06:49 PM

#11   Yuki 

• Master Adept

Posted 28 December 2005 - 06:55 PM

I believe you Eugine ^-^

I haven't had such an experience, but I do believe that there are forces beyond nature that we've yet to discover >.<;;

I think the government is trying to cover it up, like it did with the Aliens at Roswell :unsure:

#12   Laharl 

• Banned
                          • Interests:research it
                          • AKA Dullahan

Posted 30 December 2005 - 06:08 AM

Eugine do you honestly think this Exorcist rip off piece of **** will honestly change people's minds about god? WE MUST BELIEVE IN GOD BECAUSE HOLLYWOOD SAYS SO. And you're stroy are you sure it wasn't a dream? Horror films are usually crap imo for one main reason, THEY AREN'T SCARY!

#13   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                            • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 30 December 2005 - 08:01 AM

HMM? I'm not saying that... It's just that I knoe exorcism is real because I've seen people in real life needing exorcism. The Caribbean is filled with African dirty culture, not particularly Grenada but there's some here. Their dirty rituals are real and scary trust me. There's a heapen loads of things that happened in Grenada but I'm not in the mood to type them out.

I know the movie was of hyperbole. I've never seen those in real life, but the evil (spiritual) side of the world do exisit. It's just hidden.

#14   pHantOm 

• Disciple

Posted 30 December 2005 - 12:10 PM

View PostEugine, on Dec 30 2005, 09:01 AM, said:

HMM? I'm not saying that... It's just that I knoe exorcism is real because I've seen people in real life needing exorcism. The Caribbean is filled with African dirty culture, not particularly Grenada but there's some here. Their dirty rituals are real and scary trust me. There's a heapen loads of things that happened in Grenada but I'm not in the mood to type them out.

I know the movie was of hyperbole. I've never seen those in real life, but the evil (spiritual) side of the world do exisit. It's just hidden.

:unsure: :agitated: :agitated:
                              Reality Check Testing-Testing

#15   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 30 December 2005 - 05:44 PM

I heard that this movie was a big flop. It wasn't scary, people got confused because of the complicating story, and only [Spoilers] the doctor and Emily died at the end. [End Spoilers]. So how were my sources wrong?

#16   Yuki 

• Master Adept

Posted 30 December 2005 - 06:19 PM

Guys,
                                  SHUT UP.
                                  This is getting so retarted, opinions vary from person to person so just get over the fact that maybe in the carribean they have excorsisms, and not in England or America. He's speaking from personal experience, no need to attack him for that.

#17   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                    • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 30 December 2005 - 07:53 PM

Thank you.

Although I've seen the movie already so your spoiler wouldn't affect me but I got to say that spoiler warning was really lifeless anyone would of kind of read on a little.

Anyway, the movie wasn't bad and I found the story VEEEEERY easy to follow, your friends maybe just have slow minds...

#18   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis

Posted 31 December 2005 - 12:42 AM

View PostEcho_djinn, on Dec 30 2005, 06:44 PM, said:

I heard that this movie was a big flop. It wasn't scary, people got confused because of the complicating story, and only [Spoilers] the doctor and Emily died at the end. [End Spoilers]. So how were my sources wrong?

It wasn't scary, but it was an interesting movie to watch. Only an idiot would get confused, and Emily dies in the beginning. It's about a trial against the priest that did the exorcism on her. "The Doctor," is only in the movie for about ten minutes and dies in the middle. It wasn't a big flop, so just stfukthx.

Oh, and Eugine, Lifeform was asking me what I was doing when I was reading your post about that worker of the devil dude.

He asked me to slap you.

I denied. >_>

#19   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                        • AKA watch

Posted 31 December 2005 - 01:45 AM

How bout yall just stfu and stop bickering.

i'm not entirely sure what Eugine was saying but i've head of two experinces with the same events, one of these belongs to someone i would trust my life with and in case you're wondering it's not some dumbass teenager.
                                        I don't personally believe in exorcisms but that's mainly becuase i disagree with nearly all of the cathlioc(sp?) church.

Look, you're all entitled to your opinions, but this kind of stuff does exist, but hey, who am i to change your thoughts.

Page 1 of 1
                                        • You cannot start a new topic
                                        • You cannot reply to this topic