Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Splinter Cell SC, PT, CT and the upcoming SC4. Official Topic.

#1   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:.5% per annum.
    • AKA Spam King

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:34 AM

If you've never had the chance to play these great games before, allow me to explain what it's all about. You are Sam Fisher, a splinter cell under the command of Third Echelon of the NSA. Your job is to carry out covert operations of the highest authority. The missions revolve mostly around the use of stealth. If you don't have patience, you'll find yourself dead.

The best thing you can do to remain unnoticed is to hide in the shadows. This is indicated by a luminosity meter on your HUD. Sneaking around also generates less sound than running at full speed. lthough the game levels are rather linear, you have quite a number of options at your disposal in various situations. If you can get up behind someone, you can simply knock them out instead of wasting a bullet. You can even grab them and force them to cooperate, or use them as human shields while you fire at their friends.

I just love these games. The levels are orginal are original and well-designed. At no point does it feel the least bit repetitive. I should probably point out that they are fairly straightforward, with an obvious 'path' imposed throughout the game. Maybe it's because I'm a perfectionist, but the satisfaction of figuring out and executing the 'ultimate' way to beat a level is just immense.

#2   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
      • AKA Me111

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:55 PM

To be honest I've never been good at stealth or Splinter Cell. I tried playing the original, but I was always trying to do the level as quickly as I could.

#3   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
        • AKA Spam King

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:05 PM

I'm actually a rather stealthy person in real life, to tell the truth.

#4   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 26 March 2006 - 01:23 PM

I actually prefer the Metal Gear Solid series on the PS and PS2. I find them a lot more enjoyable then the Splinter Cell games.

#5   Blink 

• Disciple
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Members
            • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:00 PM

Splinter Cell is a perfectionist game, like Fire Emblem. Just not my style.

#6   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
              • AKA Spam King

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:07 AM

Some of the later games have multiple paths throughout each level, but there was never really much of a choice. SC4 is going to change all that, apparently.

Did I mention that the current title is Splinter Cell: DOuble Agent?

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic