• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gears Of War Official Topic!

#1   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:46 AM

Before you automatically click the back button on your browser because this game isn't Nintendo-related, read the next sentence.

In Gears of War, you kill people with chainsaws.

Now that I have your attention, Gears of War was one of the best titles we saw at E3. It'll be coming out on the 360 and promises a very violent good time. Check out the links and reply!

IGN - Gears of War

Official Website

#2   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
      • Interests:Video Games & Hentai
      • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:57 AM

I'm really looking forward to this game personally, has anyone seen the gameplay videos? It's a nice change from your average FPS games and it's quite fast-paced which is nice. But one problem I am fearing since I saw the gameplay videos is this: Lag. Some games have alot more lag than others, and if this game lags it will not be very fun at all.

The chainsaw item to attatch to your guns is cool, but nothing special for me. What is special for me is the Shotgun, I just love how your character runs up behind the same pillar your enemy is hiding behind so you're facing back to back, and then jumps out from the pillar, jumps over the big rock, and at that exact moment the enemy jumps out to shoot you down but you whip out a shotgun and blow him back while leaping across. It just looks like DA SHIZZAY.

#3   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:59 AM

From what I've seen, lag is almost non-existant on the 360. It's a very powerful machine. Gears of War is kind of a more violent version of Resident Evil 4 from what I've seen.

#4   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept
          • Interests:Nom nom nom. Cookies.

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:59 PM

From what I've heard it's awesome. I've seen pics of it all over the place and it looks great.
          It's definitely a game I'm going to check out and probably buy.

#5   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Members
            • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:40 PM

Another game which makes me want to get a 360. It looks simply amazing, and i'm from the looks of it, it could be the next Halo. I can't wait till the game comes out, my friend will probably get it, and i'll test it out there. :)

#6   Kemosabi 

• Knight
            • PipPip
              • Interests:Reading, writing, friends, family, traveling, cooking, Japan, Germany, England.

Posted 28 May 2006 - 05:52 AM

I really can't wait for this game! Its script was written by Eric Nylund, the guy who wrote two out of the three Halo books that tie into the game. It looks pretty sweet to me.

#7   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 04 June 2006 - 11:01 AM

The power of the 360 has nothing to do with Lag. The Xbox itself was a powerful console, arguably the most powerful out of the three although it's fair to say both the PS2 and Gamecube had certain 'components' which were more powerful than the Xbox, in general the Xbox was the most powerful in my opinion (it's also a fact but for some reason I didn't feel like making it so blunt).

Lag is mainly caused by the connection of the host and the other players. Your connection speed and location is a very large factor when it comes to how badly your game will lag. Why do you think my clan is for UK gamers only? Because if it was an international clan then we would have gamers from Australlia, America, England, France etc. and the huge variety of connections would make the matches laggier. Who wants a clan match when it lags? Nobody.

So as long as GoW doesn't lag like a mother****er, I'm dying to get my hands on it so I can own some more Americans.

#8   Golden Sun Master 

• Knight
                • PipPip
                  • Interests:Guitar, Golden Sun

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:46 PM

When I saw the chainsaw scene on E3 06 live, me and my dad just cracked up at its goryness and disgustingness. We just thought it was so incredibly realistic yet in a sense overdone that we blew up.

#9   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                    • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:49 PM

Really? The chainsaw didn't even excite me, let alone make me laugh. Man, Gore is so overdone nowadays that it feels so normal, it's no wonder that games like Ico are becoming favoured, such games offer maturity without blood splatting over your screen everytime you slash your enemy.

#10   Golden Sun Master 

• Knight
                    • PipPip
                      • Interests:Guitar, Golden Sun

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:50 PM

It didn't excite me as much as make me just laugh at how they put in so much stupidly amounts of blood.

EDIT: Grammar, tsk....

#11   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 11 November 2006 - 05:35 PM

I'm bumping this topic because the game was just released. So far the reviews have been extremely positive. It's supposed to be the best game yet for the XBox 360. This is mostly because of the immense online experience, that has 3 different modes for multiplayer (pure killing), and a co-op mode for you and a friend (online or not)

Is anyone else excited about this game?

#12   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                          • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:23 AM

I would like to try this game out, but it just doesn't sound like the kind of game I like. I don't think I would want to play it for an extended period of time. Nevertheless, I'm sure it is excellent. Shame there is no place I can play it. :lol:

#13   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 12 November 2006 - 04:46 PM

I'm sure if you're part of the crowd that enjoys playing Halo 2 online for hours on end, you'll love Gears of War because it's that same experience......with chainsaws.

#14   Blink 

• Disciple
                              • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 12 November 2006 - 08:27 PM

It's not the same. Far from it.

Bought the game on Wednesday, beaten it on casual, tried beating the last boss on "Insane" (Ha!) and got to try 4 player at a LAN party (limit of two per console). The game is the most balanced 360 game to date IMO, and very well done. Barely anything is new here, but what they do have is nearly perfect. If these are indeed the best graphics the 360 can pump out, that's fine by all means with me. Playing "Canals" on multiplayer is proof of this. It's like it's prerendered, in real time. 4/5 of the game's lighting looks perfect, the other 1/5 falls into the "average, noticeable" section, and feels a little out of place with the rest of the game.

The strategy system relies on cover way more than any Halo game ever will, and allows you to take three different approaches with your weapon. Cover and blind shot, cover and aim, or take the enemy out head on (usually with a melee attack of sorts). Cover and aim is the most effective, and most used, and you can quickly fall back from this mode by releasing the aim button (L trigger). Haven't been able to play online yet, silver mode for me. Cinematography is the best I've ever seen in any video game to date, and it helps so much with the graphics. Imagine a really good action film, being perfectly converted into a video game. That's Gears of War for you. No matter how good they are, screenshots don't give the game's motion blur or mapping techniques any justice. You need to see this game played to really "get it" with the graphics, but it just looks great.

#15   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:11 PM

View PostSea_of_Time, on Nov 12 2006, 11:46 PM, said:

I'm sure if you're part of the crowd that enjoys playing Halo 2 online for hours on end, you'll love Gears of War because it's that same experience......with chainsaws.

No. No, I'm not part of that crowd.

Er... Is this game being released for the PC? If it were then maybe I would get a chance to play it.

#16   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:55 PM

No, this game isn't going to be on the PC. As far as I know, it is an XBox 360 exclusive.

#17   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                    • Interests:Video Games &amp; Hentai
                                    • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 24 November 2006 - 01:49 AM

B*tches & gentlemen, Nemphtis has been played this game for five days straight and he's happy to boast that he is pwning the complete sh*t out of anyone that comes in the way of him or his clan. Yeah, this has become the primary clan game for EDGE UK now so we are practising on it three times a week for about three to six hours at a time. A lot of you have the wrong idea about a few things, especially the idiot who said this game is balanced. I'll start with the positive parts of Gears of War first; the graphics are truly next generation, the gore is so explosive that you will say "Holy sh*t!" after killing an opponent and the excellent balance of tactical shooting with bloody close-range deathmatch is a great combination not seen in many games. This is like Rainbow Six: Vegas merged with Unreal Tournament basically.

There are bad points regarding this game too, though. The weapons are extremely inconsistent and un-balanced. For example there are many players online (like myself) who are laughing at how easily we can kill people with the pistol which is only supposed to be a last resort weapon. Why is the pistol so easy? Firstly, the pistol can get headshots, the rifles can't do this. Secondly, the pistol can take you down in two melee attacks, which might sound normal but it's extremely unfair compared to the fact that weapons like the shotgun take more hits. Also like I said the weapons are very inconsistent, there will be many times where you are next to an enemy who hasn't seen you and you aim the shotgun at their face at point blank yet they don't die, or the random chance of the Longshot sniper because it's just luck if you down an enemy after a shot. There is also a bug on the Live mode where people who have joined your server after it has launched won't be able to talk, but many of the balance the mic issues I've mentioned are apparently being fixed with a patch soon so fingers crossed.

What is Nemph's score for this game after completing it on Casual, Hardcore and half-way through Insane. Plus spending five straight days on the online multiplayer? Well, the maps are all very nice and ballanced, the selection of weapons is varied enough to have something for every gamer and the fact that your friend can just jump into a co-op game with you is something Bungie should take notes on. All in all, putting aside the issues I've raised this is still a great 360 shooter and deserves an 8.8/10 from me.

#18   Blink 

• Disciple
                                      • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:29 AM

Nemphtis you moron. Read my post next time, skimming doesn't count if you're going to attempt to make an actual reply.

"Blink" said:

The game is the most balanced 360 game to date IMO, and very well done.

Most of the 360 games out there are horribly done in one aspect or another. Whether it's CoD2's glitches galore, GRAW's huge gap between single player and multiplayer, Saint's Row's incomplete game, or Perfect Dark Zero's horrid gameplay. PGR3 plays wonderfully until the point where you might actually scratch the car (*gasp*), Oblivion got its ass handed to it by the PC counterpart, Chromehounds and Double Agent were disappointments compared to what they should have been, and Battle for Middle Earth was just cumbersome. Even Dead Rising was slow and redundant in far too many places.

Gears of War isn't perfect, but it seems to me to be a lot better than anything else out there for the 360 right now. I've never run into the pistol being used as you've mentioned before, but considering the effort you've put into training, I'm not surprised you know about it before I do. Even so, of all aspects of the game, gameplay, sound, music, graphics, framerate, controls, multiplayer, singleplayer and co-op, one weapon being offset from the rest in multiplayer isn't such a huge deal compared to the letdowns of all the other 360 games so far. Wasn't Gears designed around co-op anyways?

#19   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                        • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 25 November 2006 - 05:40 AM

I assume you have Xbox Live? Would you like the honour of being completely raped by Nemphtis? It's been a long time since I've pwned a GSSF noob, Nick's being a coward so maybe you can take his place as my XBL b*tch.

#20   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 25 November 2006 - 11:35 AM

Come Christmas, sure. But I'm currently down for the count, and Silver's worse than ever now that they have these "Gold only" restrictions on downloadable content. See the Online Contact Information Topic for more information.

EDIT: You may be thoroughly disappointed though. I'm often horrible at online games, simply because I'm not competitive enough. We shall see though.

#21   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                            • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 26 November 2006 - 05:23 AM

Don't you have any trial subscriptions? I'm pretty sure you get one when you buy Gears of War, in fact. Don't worry, I'm competitive enough for the both of us. I'll be teabagging your corpse and everything.

#22   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:58 PM

Two 48 hour trials. I'm saving them for "emergencies" :mellow:

Maybe if a 3 day weekend with no homework rolls around, but I won't use them for just anything.

#23   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                                • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 02 December 2006 - 07:47 AM

It's not anything, it's me raping you. You should be proud of this chance.

#24   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept
                                                  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:38 PM

Alright, I'll add here that Gears is now on PC, but that's common knowledge by now, so REVIVE.

I got it naturally. +6 chapters to the game is a MAJOR win. Especially that Brumak.

#25   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                    • Group: Moderator
                                                    • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                                    • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:07 PM

Everybody's crazy about GoW. I'd get it but many of the games I've purchased recently are already shooter games. It'd be way too boring to just go ahead and get more.

#26   Ironsight 

• Loose cannon Cop with nothing to lose
                                                      • Location:Segmentum Obscurus
                                                      • AKA Darksword

Posted 21 December 2007 - 10:56 PM

I got it on my ecksbawks already. Even with the extra chapters, I don't feel like buying a game I already have.

#27   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:42 PM

Caael, I forgot to ask if you had all the Cog tags yet.

#28   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                                          • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:47 PM

22 out of 30. Really cant be arsed to find the rest.

#29   Ironsight 

• Joined: 22-March 07
                                                            • AKA Darksword

Posted 17 May 2008 - 12:35 AM

I got 26 of 30. Still can't find the last ones though D:

#30   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                                              • Joined: 09-June 06
                                                              • Location:England

Posted 17 May 2008 - 04:39 AM

Use a guide, they're easy if you know where they are. I just cant be arsed with getting them all, especially now I have GTA.

#31   Zeypher 

• Disciple
                                                                • Joined: 02-April 08

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:14 PM

Anybody here watch the Gears 2 trailer?
                                                                What's the point in the chainsaws? If we were at war with the Locusts who the hell would use a chainsaw...

#32   Ironsight 

• Posts: 4,998
                                                                  • AKA Darksword

Posted 22 May 2008 - 05:35 PM

It has a shooting end too...

#33   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                                                    • Posts: 8,730
                                                                    • Gender:Male

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:00 PM

View PostZeypher, on May 22 2008, 11:14 PM, said:

What's the point in the chainsaws? If we were at war with the Locusts who the hell would use a chainsaw...

Would you rather hit a massive alien with the back of your gun, or would you rather engage in a quite awesome chainsaw battle involving an over the top, but gloriously-so finish? I think I speak for everybody when I say that chainsaws are quite pissibly the best thing ever created.

#34   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:00 PM

View PostZeypher, on May 22 2008, 11:14 PM, said:

Would you rather hit a massive alien with the back of your gun, or would you rather engage in a quite awesome chainsaw battle involving an over the top, but gloriously-so finish? I think I speak for everybody when I say that chainsaws are quite pissibly the best thing ever created.

#35   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:03 PM

Double post.
                                                                        I thought the chainsaw weapon was cool, but it's almost a set back in the higher difficulties when you're running at a locust with the intent on shredding him in half and you get hit, lowering it, and leaving you standing lext to the locust only too eager to bash your skull in.

#36   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                          • Posts: 8,290
                                                                          • Joined: 21-December 07
                                                                          • Location:Fuck you stalker
                                                                          • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:04 PM

DOUBLE POST ALERT!!!!

#37   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:05 PM

So that's how you made it to 2000 posts so fast.

#38   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                              • Posts: 8,290
                                                                              • Joined: 21-December 07
                                                                              • Location:Fuck you stalker
                                                                              • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:08 PM

YOu got it.

#39   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:09 PM

? Why didnt the auto-merge kick in?

Quote

I thought the chainsaw weapon was cool, but it's almost a set back in the higher difficulties when you're running at a locust with the intent on shredding him in half and you get hit, lowering it, and leaving you standing lext to the locust only too eager to bash your skull in.

Thats because you're an idiot. You cant expect to run in, chainsaw revved hoping to kill everything. You use the chainsaw in close quarters, not in a fire fight. If there's several locast in an open area, just use the lancer to take them out. If it's like in the first act, and you have to take out gun turret encampments, sneak around the side and chainsaw them in the back. Never use the chainsaw in firefights because you will get owned. As soon as you get shot, you lower it, and chances are you'll get your face bashed in.

#40   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:15 PM

I round a corner that I know at least one Locust is behind. I see the guy, but then I see another Locust I hadn't seen before shoots me and I lower the chainsaw and get killed.

That's what happens.

#41   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:18 PM

Shoot them in the legs. Headstomping is far, far more satisfying than chainsawing.

#42   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:19 PM

I really liked the Longshot sniper rifle. Headshots ftw.

#43   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:21 PM

Headsplode.

So I hear they're making a Gears film, and the voice actors for Dom and Marcus might be playing the respective parts. Read it in a magazine.

#44   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:22 PM

What do you think about it?

#45   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:23 PM

The special effects better be bloody good is all I can say...

#46   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:41 PM

Do they have a date, or is it still on the board?

#47   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:50 PM

Summer 2010.

http://gearsofwar.moviechronicles.com/

#48   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:56 PM

Oh god, this producer had relations with Eragon. What a dissapointment that was. Hopefully this won't blow as much.

#49   Zeypher 

• Disciple
                                                                                                    • Posts: 1,305
                                                                                                    • Joined: 02-April 08

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:05 PM

haha, my bad, I thought the chainsaw was a seperate weapon, I didn't know it would be a melee option to the gun.

#50   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:10 PM

http://hushedcasket.com/files/lancer.jpg

#51   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 31 May 2008 - 12:30 AM

You know, I really love the water in this game. It looks almost as good as Bioshock's water.

#52   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 31 May 2008 - 02:52 PM

DS, is your 360 not connected to the internet, or do you just not have Gold?

#53   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:59 PM

It's not connected.

#54   gsninja 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                              • Posts: 4,875
                                                                                                              • Joined: 19-August 04
                                                                                                              • Location:Calabasas, California
                                                                                                              • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:26 PM

I'm making this the official thread for the Gears of War games, so we can talk about both GoW and GoW2.

Anyways, Gears of War 2 is amazing. Definitely my favorite game on the 360 along with Tales of Vesperia. I'm not a big fan of the knockdown effect of smoke grenades, but other than that, I love everything about it.

#55   Legolastom 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                • Posts: 1,298
                                                                                                                • Joined: 13-April 08

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:35 AM

Too many chainsaw noobs on this game, at at times the lag makes online play take no skill whatsoever.

#56   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:38 AM

Still hasn't ****ing arrived in the post. From now on, i'm buying in shops. **** the stupid winter slow deliveries and those lazy ****ing postmen who cant be ****ed to ship stuff around.

#57   gsninja 

• Master Adept

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:06 AM

When did you order it?

Legolas, I do agree about the chainsaw, but what bothers me more are the smoke grenades. I was pretty sure smoke grenades were supposed to be used for tactical purposes, not to knock someone down so you can mindlessly rush right in for a chainsaw/shotgun kill, lol.

#58   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:07 AM

Dispatched it on monday, usually it takes 2 days at the most to arrive but it's taken bloody 4 so far.

#59   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                                        • Posts: 11,988
                                                                                                                        • Joined: 21-July 04
                                                                                                                        • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                                                                                                        • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:14 PM

I always buy my stuff from shops. Why do you order?

#60   gsninja 

• Master Adept

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:18 PM

Probably because he didn't want to or couldn't go to a shop? :l

#61   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:43 PM

It's an online rental service; cant really pick it up in person.

#62   Legolastom 

• Disciple

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:10 AM

Once when playing wingman on public, I hit two Carmines with a smoke grenade, rushed in there and killed both of them in a single shot.

#63   gsninja 

• Master Adept

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:39 PM

Lol, nice.

I just love the Torque Bow. Awesome effect and best execution. I somehow managed to nail someone moving with a meatshield and facing directly towards me during a Guardian match.

#64   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:32 PM

Spoiler

#65   Legolastom 

• Disciple

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:58 PM

He is Mexican Caael. No sympathy.

#66   Nasa 

• New User
                                                                                                                                      • Posts: 2
                                                                                                                                      • Joined: 10-December 08

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:53 AM

the games great for online play
                                                                                                                                      u actually play with challanging people

#67   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                        • Posts: 3,462
                                                                                                                                        • Joined: 20-August 06
                                                                                                                                        • Location:Things. Also!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:57 AM

View PostLegolastom, on Dec 7 2008, 02:58 PM, said:

He is Mexican Caael. No sympathy.

Not every Hispanic person is Mexican you ignorant little ****.

#68   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:34 PM

View PostNosferatu, on Dec 9 2008, 11:57 PM, said:

This.
                                                                                                                                          And yes, the part with Dom was very sad.

#69   Legolastom 

• Disciple

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:33 PM

View PostNosferatu, on Dec 10 2008, 07:57 AM, said:

He looked very Mexican to me you big bastard.

#70   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:33 PM

He was too intelligent to be one :D

#71   gsninja 

• Master Adept

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:35 PM

Calm down guys, lol.

And yes,
                                                                                                                                                Spoiler

#72   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:53 PM

Yeah, as I said before that part was very sad, I felt pretty bad for Dom afterwards.

#73   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:40 PM

***** scared me when I looked down and she was all malformed.

But yeah, good work Epic, good work.

#74   gsninja 

• Master Adept

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:34 PM

I gotta be honest, the vehicle/rding chapters in this game were actually really fun. I hated driving the Junker in Gears 1, so I was kinda apprehensive when I had to do similar things again...but I actually loved them in Gears 2.

#75   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:34 PM

Brumak part was the best.

Though the centaur tank was pretty fun as well, cuz you could go where you wanted.

#76   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:37 PM

Brumak <3

Reavers were kinda fun. Brumak > Centaur > Reavers if you ask me.

#77   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

The Brumak part was great, but the ending part of the game was gay. The part where you have to use the HoD.

#78   Caael 

• Master Adept

Yeah they could have left out the part with the Lambent Brumak because there's really no way you can lose unless you dont actually have hands, in which case it's remarkable you have got that far in the game with no hands.

#79   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:39 PM

Playing Gears 2 with your feet... I'd try it.

#80   gsninja 

• Master Adept

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:40 PM

Goddamn, I loved the Reaver. Just as much as riding the Brumak, actually.

#81   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                                                                                                                                    • Posts: 11,279
                                                                                                                                                                    • Joined: 16-December 05
                                                                                                                                                                    • Location:37°48′S, 144°57′E.
                                                                                                                                                                    • Interests:.5% per annum.
                                                                                                                                                                    • AKA Spam King

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:48 PM

View PostNosferatu, on Dec 11 2008, 10:39 AM, said:

Playing Gears 2 with your feet... I'd try it.

Hold right trigger with right foot, use left heel to move left stick and left toes for the right stick and face buttons.

That's just asking for a cramp.

#82   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:10 PM

Oi Caael, re-add me. I'm up for some Horde later. Mind you I'm having some fun doing it on my own.

#83   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:15 PM

Sorry man, wont have time to play until the weekend really. I can add you, but dont expect me to be on much during weekdays.

#84   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:00 PM

Aight.

On another note, I think I'm about 6/100ths of the way to Seriousy 2.0. (Aka about 6000 kills so far.)

#85   gsninja 

• Master Adept

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:49 PM

I'm only at around 4300, I think. ): I haven't played Gears 2 for the past several days, since I've been busy with finals and a bunch of other things. I should probably do what everyone else does and keep playing the Brumak level over and over until I hit 100,000 kills.

#86   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 11 December 2008 - 01:21 AM

I'm on about 1200, which I got from one playthrough of the campaign and thats it.

#87   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept

Posted 11 December 2008 - 01:23 AM

View PostGSNinja, on Dec 10 2008, 08:49 PM, said:

I'm only at around 4300, I think. ): I haven't played Gears 2 for the past several days, since I've been busy with finals and a bunch of other things. I should probably do what everyone else does and keep playing the Brumak level over and over until I hit 100,000 kills.

That works quite well, but it does get boring fast.

I've been doing lots of AI Multiplayer so that helps mine along.

#88   Legolastom 

• Disciple

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:41 AM

You can get about 200 kills everytime you do the Brumak level.

Imo the Tank part was crap and reaver part was the best.

#89   Laharl 

• Banned
                                                                                                                                                                                    • Posts: 4,301
                                                                                                                                                                                    • Joined: 05-September 05
                                                                                                                                                                                    • Location:where horses with broken legs go =D
                                                                                                                                                                                    • Interests:research it
                                                                                                                                                                                    • AKA Dullahan

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:48 AM

tank part was hideous, not done the other bits yet

#90   gsninja 

• Master Adept

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:24 AM

I didn't think the Centaur was that bad. At least, not until Insane mode. Two bullets from a Locust drone and you're already on fire.

#91   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:15 AM

Wave 12, 2 people already left :|

#92   gsninja 

• Master Adept

Posted 11 December 2008 - 01:20 PM

I hate when they do that, lol, especially before the waves even begin.

#93   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:36 PM

Uhm, can somebody try this if they can? I'm not home right now.

#94   Legolastom 

• Disciple

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:43 PM

Also a new mappack is out, 3 maps 800 points.

#95   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:44 PM

Yeah, I'm going to get around to that today. But seriously? Best easter egg ever. Look at the responses for toast.

#96   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:34 PM

Tried the cowboy one earlier but then discovered its only on insane.

Would be great for Horde though.

#97   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:48 PM

Alrighty. I just confirmed the toaster and hat thing. Best Easter Egg EVER. Almost at the corpser.

Edit: Oh god XD That was awesome XD

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                                                                                                                                    • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                                                                                                                                    • You cannot reply to this topic