Finals! dun dun dun...

#1   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:I've got hobby A.D.D.
    • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:52 PM

kay, so for a lot of people I know, finals are comming up, which means the end of the school year! I'm actually in the process of taking mine. we have 2 each day, and the days are half-days, so we have longer to study for them. so far I've taken geography, biology, webpage (a joke, pretty much.), and bible. I'm really proud of my grades, actually.

For geography, we had to map the world by memory. we could go home each night and study, but no maps to look off from. we were also given the coordinates for the farthest point east, west, north, and south for each continent, but thats it. I came out of that with...a 94! I'm gonna take a picture of it when I get the chance :) I worked so damn hard on it!

bible, eh. he doesn't know how to make tests, but I figured since i did good on the mid-term exam, I'd do the same study tactic. turns out, I got the same exact grade as I did before: a 93. average was about 65 so I was pretty pleased :)

webpage, like I said, was a joke. "vocabulary: whats the abreviation for Local Area Network?" hm. I wonder. could it be...LAN? "this is the abreviation for graphics interchangable file" hm...I wonder. could it be "GIF"? easy as pie. it was nice, because the final took 10 minutes, and we had a half and hour to just surf the net. nice. came outa there with a 98 'cause I swaped two questions x.x

biology: I studied soooo hard for that, but I got an 85. But, thats good, because our Biology teacher can't teach for her life; I had to use my moms college biology book to teach myself, and an 85 isn't half bad. thank god I don't have to take that class anymore.

for tomorrow and thursday I have english, microsoft (Another joke, same teacher), and geometry. I'm pretty confident about english, since part of the test is about Romeo and Juliet, and I have that down pat. read it 3 times, did a play on it, and I have a movie version of it. not too worried. geometry...eh... I'm going to have to study for that. I love geometry (weird, I know) but I've forgotten a few things since the beginning of the semester.

wow that was long, but are any of you going to take finals soon?

#2   Wiflewood 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:19 PM

We have our GCSE's (the English equivelant, I assume) at the moment. We them this week (one a day), then a week break, then for another 2 weeks.

So far I've done Spanish, and English Literature, tomorrow I have Religious Studies, and on Thursday I have Product Design. After the break there is Maths Calculator and Non-Calculator, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, History 1 & 2 and English 1 & 2, so alot of exams.

and the RS exam is 2 hours long... ;_;

#3   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:32 PM

Mine are at the end of June. They're fairly light as far as numbers, I only have three. But they are on everything we have learned all year. So I will be studying hard for the next few weeks and hopefully come out on top of them and that much closer to summer!

#4   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
          • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:33 PM

As for me, I don't get finals until next year. Lucky break.

#5   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
            • AKA Me111

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:40 PM

View PostWiflewood, on May 23 2006, 09:19 PM, said:

We have our GCSE's (the English equivelant, I assume) at the moment. We them this week (one a day), then a week break, then for another 2 weeks.

So far I've done Spanish, and English Literature, tomorrow I have Religious Studies, and on Thursday I have Product Design. After the break there is Maths Calculator and Non-Calculator, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, History 1 & 2 and English 1 & 2, so alot of exams.

Ouch. I've got them coming up next year. :)

#6   Kikuichimonji 

• Disciple
              • Interests:stuff :)

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:09 PM

View PostWiflewood, on May 23 2006, 09:19 PM, said:

haha we're in the same boat. Wasn't english lit the most irritating thing ever? I mean I was very pleased I did 6 pages but some people in my year had finished the answer booklet and needed extra paper. Seriously I was like "wtf?!"

well I had my german speaking exam (eugh...it went horrible but I am crap at german so I dont care) and music, which surprised me how hard it was :) no joke, I opened the booklet and I was all "oh ****" :)

anyway I have DT on thursday (it's kinda fun I guess) and then german reading and listening on friday (shudder)

then....I don't want to think about it :D I just can't wait til the 16th of June

#7   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:20 PM

I'm currently undergoing my final exams also, I did the oral and written part of my Spanish exam, Electrical and Eectronic Technology and Information Technology.
                I have English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Business, Geography and Giology in that order for two more weeks.

We don't get our results until August though, since our papers are transported to Barbados and Trinidad and Tobago to be marked (All CXC (Caribbean Examination Counsil) examinations are corrected there).

I can't top the Caribbean anymore since I don't do enough subjects (I think 12 is the minimum, I'm only doing 10), but I'm well inline to be in the top 1000 out of 250,000 students. :) ... I think that's a great feat.

#8   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
                  • AKA Horasu

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:21 PM

I don't understand what's so great about finals. They're just more tests that I never study for.

#9   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
                    • Interests:I've got hobby A.D.D.
                    • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 23 May 2006 - 05:03 PM

@eugine: haha! thank you mr. geography teacher, I know where trinidad and tobago is! its just above venezuela and they're two islands. oooh i feel smart now :3.

eherm. anywho, back on topic.

yeah, I haven't really studied at all for my upcoming exam. our english teacher didn't tell us really whats going to be on it, so I know I'm kinda screwed. oh well. alls well that ends well...or not so well.

#10   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                      • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 23 May 2006 - 08:57 PM

Tobago? Isn't that a kind of bread?! :)

Anyways, I forgot to add, Even thjought I don't have exams this year, there's still a big test that doesn't qualify as an exam, but is definately bigger and broader. For History, that'll mean The Feudal Ages, The High Middle Ages, The Middle East, Africa, The Italian Renaissance, and Medieval China and Japan. For Religion Class, that woud include Genesis all the way to the end of Kings as well as my views on leadership and probably some stuff about dealing with Stress, peer pressure, and drugs. Those are the only things I'm worried about.

#11   isaac rules 

• Knight
                      • PipPip

Posted 23 May 2006 - 09:02 PM

the exams that im worried about? well, theres:
                        1. biology, teacher can't talk right
                        2. english, teacher spends time giving stories that aren't relavent to the discussion, and the class is tuff.
                        3. geometry, so many formulas, how does anyone memerize them all?
                        4. p.e. (think im crazy? this teacher is NUTS!), a long and very detailed exam on just about every sport known to man, and several only known to monkeys
                        and my school takes exams VERY seriously, so far, for like the last three or four years, we did outstanding in the standerized exams...

#12   Wiflewood 

• Disciple

Posted 24 May 2006 - 04:34 AM

View PostKikuichimonji, on May 23 2006, 10:09 PM, said:

haha we're in the same boat. Wasn't english lit the most irritating thing ever? I mean I was very pleased I did 6 pages but some people in my year had finished the answer booklet and needed extra paper. Seriously I was like "wtf?!"

well I had my german speaking exam (eugh...it went horrible but I am crap at german so I dont care) and music, which surprised me how hard it was :) no joke, I opened the booklet and I was all "oh ****" :)

anyway I have DT on thursday (it's kinda fun I guess) and then german reading and listening on friday (shudder)

then....I don't want to think about it :D I just can't wait til the 16th of June

More paper? Damn, I still had like, at least 3 pages left after I wrote everything.
                          Which novel did you do? Ours was To Kill a Mockingbird.

#13   Kikuichimonji 

• Disciple

Posted 24 May 2006 - 04:57 AM

holy crap you did like 9 pages? Mind you, to kill a mocking bird is a larger novel than what we did. We did "Of Mice and Men"

you know the funny thing about literature is that the author probably never meant most it to be symbolic and stuff :)

Design tech RM tomorrow >< i should prolly revise. Our teacher is seriously crap so I haven't learnt much theory. Thankfully I can get thirty marks easily (designing is my love :) )

#14   Wiflewood 

• Disciple

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:14 AM

Same here. We learnt alot about design this year, different perspectives and stuff, and packaging, but not alot about materials and wood etc. Unfortunately, the one lesson we did have on materials, all the teacher talked about was this one wood called 'Teak' and how he had spent years of his life making a teak table.

Just hope I can rememder some of it tomorrow.

Oh and I don't think I did nine pages actually. I didn't really count all the pages, but I probably did about 7 or 8 in total.

#15   Kikuichimonji 

• Disciple

Posted 25 May 2006 - 07:03 AM

View PostWiflewood, on May 24 2006, 03:14 PM, said:

Same here. We learnt alot about design this year, different perspectives and stuff, and packaging, but not alot about materials and wood etc. Unfortunately, the one lesson we did have on materials, all the teacher talked about was this one wood called 'Teak' and how he had spent years of his life making a teak table.

hah, well we learnt alot about...uhh, what MDF stands for (medium density fibreboard FYI :)) and what PVA stands for :) :) :)

aaanddd....that's about it :P dead useful

seriously our teacher just spends his time flirting with the 6th form chavs in our school. He's quite sad :X

But it's okay, Design tech exam was easy, even if it was about childrens toys :( usually is so I'm not worried. Except I nearly wrote a baby's height is 70 metres :D DT's fun that way, that's why I do it :)

Ack tomorrow german. GERMAN....GERMAN </3

#16   pHantOm 

• Disciple

Posted 25 May 2006 - 07:20 AM

View PostMysticWarrior, on May 23 2006, 06:21 PM, said:

I don't understand what's so great about finals. They're just more tests that I never study for.

True

I am SO going to fail the physics final, I forgot what we learned at the beginning of the year already.

#17   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:29 AM

I am studying my ass off and its getting pretty stressful.

I still find about five minutes every two days to get on the forums, just to check in.

My Pre-Calc exam is going to be really hard, and I doubt any amount of studying can prepare me for it. Does anyone have any tips on how to handle stress?

#18   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept
                                      • Interests:Nom nom nom. Cookies.

Posted 31 May 2006 - 11:49 AM

I sport for a half hour just to get away from everything and relax a bit after I've studied. Then if I think I know it I just read again before going to bed, when I get up and just before the exam/test.

#19   Wiflewood 

• Disciple

Posted 06 June 2006 - 05:14 AM

Lol. We had our English Paper 1 today, and had to study an advertisment for holidays in the Antarctic. The advertisment described the seals lying on the ice as

"A stack of mouldy cigars".

#20   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:09 AM

Only a week left until my first exam. I'm more excited though about the fact that there's only five days of classes left! Studying is hard, but being able to review in classes makes it easier.

#21   Kikuichimonji 

• Disciple

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:38 AM

View PostWiflewood, on Jun 6 2006, 12:14 PM, said:

Lol. We had our English Paper 1 today, and had to study an advertisment for holidays in the Antarctic. The advertisment described the seals lying on the ice as

"A stack of mouldy cigars".

har har, that advertisiment was truly a masterpiece

"the dazzling pastel fairytale of the antarctic dawn!"

I think it was that, or some other similar poetic shyt. whatever

But that's what I love about english, you can make up alot of shyt and hope it's right. You just have to make sure it's good shyt that the examiner wants and not crap shyt cuz if you have crap syt then it's just...crap. And nobody likes crap :D

anyway I also had my maths non calc (it was surprisingly easy except I know i made two mistakes..no wait three but whatever), my bio (easy...but it was more essay like and i -hate- long essay type questions B);;:D, geography physical (haha no case studies, i laugh at thee) , last english paper (i like english, but I hate the AS teacher so didn't take it, anyway that's always fun) and best of all..

NO MORE FSCKING GERMAN! Yay! :D

Now I am going to be busy setting up a bonfire for the 23rd so all my mates can burn coursework and textbooks. Oooh and possibly have another MUD cuz our one sucked (like it as only an hour in the morning so it really only was an muck up hour)

We got kicked off the school premises and cuz we stayed on the road opposite shouting human rights breaching and stuff, our teacher tried to kick us off public property XD

ahh, four more exams to go :(

#22   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                              • AKA Me111

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:19 AM

I did an exam worth 20% of my overall GCSE in science today. It went ok until the end. It panned out like this:
                                              Biology: 'Hey I get this!'
                                              Chemistry: 'Hey I get this too! Maybe I'll do pretty good after all!'
                                              Physics: *Insert very quiet swearing here*

#23   Wiflewood 

• Disciple

Posted 08 June 2006 - 12:24 PM

Yeah we had the last English one today too Kiku. Describe..yourself? wth was that about. I did question 3 anyway, telling people what to do over the summer.

As I took history, I have 5 exams left. 2 history, chem, physics and the dreaded Maths calc.

#24   Kikuichimonji 

• Disciple

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:15 PM

FTW indeed, Wifle. Acually some girls did do it but gawsh, they all practically had the same idea of working them up to be "a special nobody"

I mean geez ;)

I was actually very tempted to take that question and well mock it. hmm summink like this-

Hello, my name is kris. I am 16. That's why I'm doing GCSEs. That's why I'm here. In this english exam. Writing this. Because it was the question. To write about me. Me myself and I.....

you get the idea :D prattling on endlessly is my talent afterall

I took question 6 and made up a whole loadda emoesque shyt in the end though. I loved my essay on the english paper 1. I took the global warming article option, where you have to EXPLAIN and PERSUADE (XD)

"Remember, you have the planet to save. YOUR planet to save"

XDDDDDD

Page 1 of 1
                                                  • You cannot start a new topic
                                                  • You cannot reply to this topic