Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

*squeak* What type of mouse do you use?

Poll: ~-*-~

What type of mouse do you use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:.5% per annum.
    • AKA Spam King

Posted 24 June 2006 - 07:25 AM

A little while ago, my dad bought us a black Lexar wireless desktop, the next step in his master plan to update all digital aspects of our house. Both the keyboard and the mouse are wirelessly connected with a main hub, which is of course connected to the computer by wires. The main hub can be used to charge the mouse when you're finished with it, whereas the keyboard requires its own AA batteries. The cable leading to the computer goes into the main keyboard socket, but if you detach the end of the plug, it can also fit into the USB port of a laptop.

Because it's optical, the mouse is hyper accurate, and doesn't drag in random directions or need to be cleaned very often. It also operates up to about five metres away (16 feet for you imperial fellows). Useless but fun to do, so long as you can see the screen from that distance. The keyboard and mouse both have a variety of extra keys, all of which can be re-calibrated if you don't like their original settings. You can even have the mouse start a program by clicking one of its buttons. So yeah, it's a pretty neat piece of hardware. Not quite as neat as that LCD keyboard however.

#2   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 24 June 2006 - 08:07 AM

I never really have that much trouble with a wired mouse. Except when I'm playing online 3D action games. Which I don't do a lot of anymore.

#3   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
        • Group: Members
        • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 24 June 2006 - 12:20 PM

You forgot corded optical mice. They own. All my wireless mice freeze, stop working, and die on me.

#4   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
          • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 24 June 2006 - 12:49 PM

That's true, my computer came with a ball mouse and I wasn't very happy with it so we bought a corded optical. I didn't think of that until just now.

#5   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
            • Interests:.5% per annum.
            • AKA Spam King

Posted 24 June 2006 - 05:54 PM

Okay, I'll have someone rename the Other category to Corded Optical.

[EDIT] I just realised how incredibly stupid the last response is. :P

#6   Somia 

• Disciple
              • Interests:..Truffles, White Chocolates, Flying, RPGing &amp; a Smile.

Posted 08 July 2006 - 05:14 PM

I'm currently using a wireless one on the laptop, it makes thigns easier.
              But I like my frogy mouse. ;.; (Standard)

#7   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:41 AM

We have a standard, but I've always wanted an optical.....

#8   Mindpatch 

• Berserker
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:59 AM

A corded optical, I also use my touchpad a lot though.

Page 1 of 1
                  • You cannot start a new topic
                  • You cannot reply to this topic