Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ace Combat anyone play?

#1   -Edge- 

• Squire
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Football, Chicks and Football------> the real football, the world game<br /><br />Hobbies...right..let me think, there's football, football, oh oh and football, jets, chicks and football....and I go shootin' time to time with my cousin's .303 Winchester :D....<br /><br />And one day I'm goin' to own a Plymouth Cuda, like Joe Rogan's...jks jks what am I saying, a Lambo..yeah that's more logical :D...

Posted 03 July 2006 - 06:31 PM

Hi, I was wonderin' anyone here on GS: Syndicate a Jet-Head?, AC is a game on the PS2 it's an arcade shooter and a fantastic game...

So has anyone played or heard of the game(s)?, I'd like to hear your opinions....

#2   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:.5% per annum.
      • AKA Spam King

Posted 03 July 2006 - 06:41 PM

I have Ace Combat 4: Distant Thunder. It's a great flight sim, lots of fun. I'm just two aircraft away from perfecting the game. I also have Ace Combat 3 for the PSX, but it's all in Japanese.

#3   -Edge- 

• Squire
      • Pip
        • Interests:Football, Chicks and Football------> the real football, the world game<br /><br />Hobbies...right..let me think, there's football, football, oh oh and football, jets, chicks and football....and I go shootin' time to time with my cousin's .303 Winchester :D....<br /><br />And one day I'm goin' to own a Plymouth Cuda, like Joe Rogan's...jks jks what am I saying, a Lambo..yeah that's more logical :D...

Posted 03 July 2006 - 06:48 PM

lol, AC:3 & 4 are great, you played the new ones Ace Combat Zero (the two main characters are in my sig :P) or Ace Combat 5?....AC:5 is good, but I don't know about AC:Zero it hasn't been released here yet...I've heard all good though :D...

#4   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
          • AKA Spam King

Posted 03 July 2006 - 06:50 PM

I haven't played any of the others, but I am considering buying one.

#5   -Edge- 

• Squire
          • Pip

Posted 03 July 2006 - 06:55 PM

Yeah out of the two, go AC:5 it's longer, you get Wingmen and it's set before AC:0 and there are more planes, but the weapon select in AC04 is gone, however Namco put it back into AC:0...the point is, AC:5 is a better story (that's what I've heard) :P...

#6   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Interests:Gaming, Driving, Water sports, Karate, Magic the Gathering, Reading fantasy novels, My job (Holy crap im so glad I can say that), Lots of Music, Photography and so on.
              • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:24 PM

I've got Electrosphere (AC:3 I think) and its a great game. The controls are brilliant, the missions are fun and the graphics were great. Its too bad that unlocking new aircraft was to... sporadic. I never really understood how to get new planes.

It didn't matter though, the Berkut served me well right through to the end. I would've loved to get my hands on the X-49 Nightraven though.

#7   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                • AKA Spam King

Posted 04 July 2006 - 04:23 PM

Yes! I finished the game and bought up all the remaining aircraft! :P

What? You can buy upgraded versions of previous planes!? *passes out*

#8   -Edge- 

• Squire
                • Pip

Posted 05 July 2006 - 02:37 AM

Yeah you can do that in AC:5, I'm not sure about AC: Zero though...but in 'The Unsung War', the unlock system is a little less sporadic to Electrosphere, different aircraft are unlocked depending on what the enemy is flying....and there's a chain effect....Say you unlock the F-15 Eagle, you fill up its 'kill rate' and a different version of that plane is unlocked i.e. the F-15E Strike Eagle or F-15 ACTIVE/MTD...it's a nice feature :P...

#9   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                    • Interests:Video Games &amp; Hentai
                    • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 05 July 2006 - 03:33 AM

Most people here are Nintendo fanboys so you won't get a 200 page topic for this game sadly, even though it really deserves it. I'm not really a jet-head and don't know much about planes but I love the Ace Combat series for how they can actually put in such great storylines and dramatic action into a flight simulator. I really enjoyed Ace Combat: Squadron Leader and I look forward to buying Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War.

#10   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                      • AKA Spam King

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:22 PM

View PostSplit Infinity, on Jul 5 2006, 08:23 AM, said:

Yes! I finished the game and bought up all the remaining aircraft! <_<

What? You can buy upgraded versions of previous planes!? *passes out*

According to GameFAQs, they aren't upgrades at all, but are merely recolours. Hmm...

~ 997 ~

#11   -Edge- 

• Squire
                      • Pip

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:09 AM

Anubis, Ace Combat is unpopular anyway, it's not publicised

View PostSplit Infinity, on Jul 6 2006, 01:22 PM, said:

According to GameFAQs, they aren't upgrades at all, but are merely recolours. Hmm...

~ 997 ~

lol, well all I have to say about the next Ace Combat is this "The players are aggravated, bring us online!!"...

#12   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                          • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:05 AM

Ace Combat may not be publicised but it's actually the most well-known / popular combat simulator out there for the consoles. Now, that's more than enough credit for Namco who have done so much for gaming already.

#13   -Edge- 

• Squire
                          • Pip

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:12 PM

Really?, I thought 'Heroes of the Pacific' was?, overhere there's adds for NFS, BF2, all the 'hyped' up games....I know Ace Combat's good...but it can't compete with names like that...here's an example, out of my entire grade...I'm the only one that play's the game...I even asked this really geeky guy (who reads nothing but gaming magazines) if he has heard of the game, he gave me this answer...'No, what's Ace Combat'...

{edit} - did you watch that vid I linked?...

#14   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                              • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:51 AM

Well, the explanation for that is simple my friend. You're in a grade full of noobs who have no idea what videogames are and can't tell good games if they saw them. Let me put it this way, even some of the cool kids who think videogames suck know what Ace Combat is, I don't know which cave you live in but in London and on my MSN (which consists mainly of Americans, Canadians & Germans) many of the gamers have also heard of the game.

I think you should find a good forum (not this one since these kids are stupid) and create a poll asking the gamers which is their favourite air combat simulator for the console. That should help you see what I mean, Ace Combat earns Namco a crapload of money thanks to it's popularity, why do you think there are so many sequels? Because Namco is stubborn, or because they're rolling in money from the franchise?

#15   -Edge- 

• Squire
                              • Pip

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:02 PM

Cave?...I live in a house...lol, it doesn't really matter...if you and I like the game...who really cares what any else thinks :D...and I'm at a forum (acs.com), some of those guys are obsessed with it :)...

#16   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                  • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:41 AM

I can't say I'm obsessed with Ace Combat, the only reason I played it to begin with was because unlike other combat simulation games everyone online was telling me this one was actually guide decent, plus Edge magazine gave it some good scores so I figured Namco must have outdone themselves. I only started playing Ace Combat at around the 4th game or something, my memory is bad when it comes to all the games I've played to be honest.

Page 1 of 1
                                  • You cannot start a new topic
                                  • You cannot reply to this topic