• You cannot reply to this topic

Graphics Drivers Help.

#1   PDM 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • AKA lifeform288

Posted 06 August 2006 - 07:06 AM

Okay, I've stuck my nose in where I shouldn't have. I was running with GeForce 4 with XMU blahblah something like that. All I remember is GeForce 4. Whenever I'd play Counter Strike: Source, Steam would tell me my drivers were out-dated, click to update them with NVIDIA. I did that. I installed it. (I'm stupid) Now whenever I play any video game everything is blank, and I have to ctrl-alt-del. So I uninstalled NVIDIA, leaving my computer to whatever it had on-board. Everything is HUGE and this text box alone is bigger than what it shows, so I have to do a lot of scrolling left and right. Can anyone give me a link to download GeForce, or give me a hand on what to do. Any help is GREATLY

#2   Somia 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members
      • Interests:..Truffles, White Chocolates, Flying, RPGing & a Smile.

Posted 06 August 2006 - 09:41 AM

Try changing your Screen Resolution.
      1. Go to your desktop and right click an empty area
      2. Click properties, then Settings
      3. Change the screen resolution, to um... about 1024 by 768 pixels
      4. That should do the trick.

#3   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Admin

Posted 06 August 2006 - 09:45 AM

Your computer isn't in safe mode, is it? The resolution also changes when that occurs...

At any rate, if the resolution is the issue, then Somia's procedure should fix the problem. As a side note, remember that you can only increase the resolution to what your monitor is capable of. For example, I currently have a resolution of 1280 x 1024, but I can't increase it further than that because that's the limit of my monitor.

Also, in that same menu that Somia mentioned, next to the screen resolution should be a little box that says "Color Quality". Choose the highest one you see.

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic