• You cannot reply to this topic

Dead Rising By Capcom

#1   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 20 August 2006 - 02:54 AM

Personally, I think it's one of the best Xbox 360 games. I finished my first play through of it today. The only real problem I have with it, is the font. It's blurry. Other then that....chopping off Zombie heads with chainsaws, smashing them with sledge hammers, throwing jewels at them, putting weird yellow heads on them, it's a pretty good game. If you have a 360, I recommend this game.

Topic Moved - MD

This post has been edited by Mars Djinni: 20 August 2006 - 05:47 PM

#2   Eugine 

• Master Adept
      • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:46 AM

I'm sorry but I have no idea what that game is ^^. You seem obsessed with it though so I'm going to do a Google search.

#3   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept
        • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:50 AM

Eh. It's sorta like that movie....can't remember...Dawn of the Dead? Trapped in a mall with zombies. But Capcom but a label on the case that says it is in no way related.

I got glitched today. Freaking clown turned invincible somehow. So then I got myself killed on purpose, reloaded, grabbed a chainsaw, and a gun, stunned him, then carved him into a pretty little sculpture I'm sure he'd love. A nice red sculpture. Shaped like a mad clown, lieing dead on the ground. Man I need to play....

#4   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
          • Interests:Video Games & Hentai
          • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 29 October 2006 - 06:43 PM

Lucky for you I'm not a Nintendo fanboy, so I know about this game. Sadly it's not as great as I had imagined, so I returned it recently for a couple of 360 games worth my time. Don't get me wrong, Dead Rising could have been a great game but Capcom ruined it by including firearms. To be more specific, the aiming system was awful and yet the game forced you to depend on weapons a lot to take out a boss.

Take the convicts at the park for example, how can a player be expected to stand still in the middle of 6000 zombies and try and take out a group of convicts who are riding on a military vehicle and the guy at the back is shooting your face off with a huge machine gun? To add insult to injury, if you don't blow the jeep itself up they will respawn at the same spot again, as if a player's supposed to know this? Too bad Capcom messed up; it's still a decent game but nothing worth the price we have to pay for 360 games.

#5   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:35 PM

Ha...I played(ing) Dead Rising...you can practically hit zombies with anything. Though didn't they set the mall up as of the malls that are around the U.S, etc.? I read it in the magazine a couple of months ago...
            Though before the game (demo that part), I always realized that the women in the mall; and other areas, usually the ones with the skimy clothing, always went and attempted to bite the character in the crotch area...
            And then there's the shopping cart.

#6   Valistrix 

• Disciple
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Group: Members
              • Interests:I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH.
              • AKA Link

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:12 AM

S'good game, whenever I'm at my friend's who has Dead Rising, I lock him out of the room and play until my heart's content. In opinion, the storyline is a bit sketchy, and as Anubis pointed out, the whole use of firearms ruins the weaponry. However, the fact that you can almost anything is just plain awseome. How can you complain when you're armed with a pointy scythe, chopping zombies down and watching their blood go plop in the food court?

But who could forget the frying pan, eh? *Nudge Lin*

#7   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:34 PM

I think this game would have been excellent if they took out the weapons. Let's be honest here people; we've already killed countless zombies with pistols, rifles, shotguns, bazookas etc. on Resident Evil among other games. The only reason we bought Dead Rising is because this time you kill zombies with everything BUT firearms, so why did they have to include them so much? I would understand if they just added them as a sort of hidden item or something but they actually implement it into the gameplay and force you to use them.

I really loved the demo because there was no need for firearms. Nobody ever said "My favourite weapon is the shotgun from the demo!" because we've all done that before, people were saying how they loved the bowling ball, the skateboard, the katana etc. why did they murder a possible classic with that bull****?

Also towards the end of the game you get special forces all over the mall, do you know how much of a pain they are? Imagine heavily armored enemies who take ages to kill armed with machine guns and usually travel in groups so it's near impossible to take them out with melee weapons unless they're alone. This game had so much potential and it was ruined by just a few things, a big shame.

#8   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 02 November 2006 - 12:07 AM

I don't enjoy it when other people are killing the zombies...that I want to kill; yes I am greedy.

There was a part in a demo that I covered one of the zombies heads with...I don't rememer. It's a yellowish-duck-like-object that you can put on your head. I placed it on a zombie one time and it ended up attacking another one, just once or twice.

Actually with the firearms, I never used them as much - the only times when I was if I (literally) needed something to clear the way and if nothing else was around. I always went for the random stuff...such as a pie. But with the obvious firearms, people do just want to grab a gun/anything explosive. Then there was the frying pan...when you can heat it up and burn the zombies faces. The katana is one of the useful items in the demo, though I think it can only go for twenty-five or fifty kills if I remember. It didn't last long for me...

Though what I don't actually like with the character itself is that he looks like he's limping whenever he runs.

#9   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept
                    • Interests:Nom nom nom. Cookies.

Posted 02 November 2006 - 11:46 AM

I played of it, the concept is one of those ones that sound stupid. But turn out to stupid in a great way. I played it some days ago. It's the perfect alternative for a stress ball, and is loads of fun. But I think the replay value isn't that high, It'll bore fast.

#10   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                      • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 04 November 2006 - 10:44 AM

Actually there is replay value in the game, a lot of it in fact.

Problem is you'll get bored of killing zombie after zombie to get there to that point.

Page 1 of 1
                      • You cannot start a new topic
                      • You cannot reply to this topic