Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Football Practices! Could someone help me with this?

#1   XCheater 2by4 

• New User
    • Group: Members

Posted 23 August 2006 - 08:38 PM

Anyway, I have football practices! Okay, I made a topic about it because I'm always sore after the practices. :angry: So could anyone recommend me some tips to make the soreness less?

Right now, a friend told me to stretch and put ice bags on my soreness parts. :/ It helped a little, but I won't have enough ice + ice bags to do it! ;)

Sweet and short: GIVE ME SOME TIPS FOR MY SORENESS!!! THANKS!

#2   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 23 August 2006 - 08:47 PM

I presume you mean American football.

I have track practice, which is probably not as physically grueling (only endurance wise), but even so. Massagin you muscles is something I'd recommend. Cool water also helps (no need for ice, causes a bit of a shock for me).

#3   XCheater 2by4 

• New User

Posted 23 August 2006 - 08:57 PM

Yes, American Football. >< Cool water eh'? Hm... I'll try that! Doesn't sound dangerous at all.

#4   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
          • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:00 PM

I do track and ITF TaeKwonDo, both of which are endurance-heavy. I obviously get brusied a lot with the latter, beause it's a Martial Art. A bath (cold or warm) works for me. If you have a jacuzzi, even better. =P Stretching and massaging muscles help a lot afterwards, too. Water loosens it up, so it can recover better.

#5   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
            • Group: Admin

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:43 PM

Also, do active stretches. Walk for a few minutes, slow down the pace of your body before you rest them.

And if you're lucky enough...

I remember one time I went to the park near my school after conditioning exercises. Lucky I have such close friends, no girl would give me such a nice massage...

Fastest recovery I ever had, 'nuff said. ;)

#6   XCheater 2by4 

• New User

Posted 24 August 2006 - 06:32 AM

LOL! I'll let my friends do some massage for me too! :o Yes, they've done it before but they haven't after my football practices because I stink then. <_< And about the active stretches...well, do I just walk and slow down? Like walking at 4 MPH and then it gets slower and slower by every mere 10 seconds or so? (Poor example I know. lol) (Oh, when I was talking about "they" I was referring to my female friends. <3 XD)

MD: How do you treat to your brusies? I got some too, so might as well ask in this topic instead of making another.

#7   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:23 AM

I usually get them on the shin area, but I just leave it. It'll go away in about a day or so. Otherwise, I'd jsut use an ice pack or something cool to put on it.

#8   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:01 PM

I do track, and after some evil practice, if you have the right bath cyrstals, it really helps. Of course, it also makes you smell funky. In a fresh way. Otherwise, I just ice it.

#9   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
                    • Group: Veterans
                    • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:24 PM

I have three-and-a-half hour soccer practices every morning, so I know what you're going through

1 word:
                    Gatorade.

Stiff and sore muscles usually stem from a mineral shortage.

slightly more words:
                    I would highly reccomend stretching before and after practice.

Even if you feel tired, keep moving a little. A ten minute walk is fine, just don't sit around for too long, that gives your muscles the chance to stiffen.

#10   XCheater 2by4 

• New User

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:19 PM

@MD: Hm, how can your bruises go bye-bye so fast?

@FD: What are these so called "Bath Crystals"?

@PD: Hm, I'm getting your point now. Just took your Gatorade tip..really helped! <_<

#11   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
                        • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 26 August 2006 - 11:28 AM

Uhhhh...They're crystals designed to go in baths. But really, they are special cyrstals/salts that are designed to help with crampedness and other stuff. And as an added benefit, they make you smell funky fresh. Hooray!

#12   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:14 PM

Funky fresh... <_<

Straight after I get home (8:00pm), I'm relaxing my legs, so the bruise has time to settle. I got 2 hour rest with some walking and sleep after taht. In the morning, the bruise is barely visible and it doesn't hurt. Kind of hard to judge, though since I've trained myself to ignore bits of pain here and there.

Page 1 of 1
                          • You cannot start a new topic
                          • You cannot reply to this topic