Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wii60/pswii/ps360?

Poll: Console Combos!

Which console combo would you prefer most?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1   Blink 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:44 PM

So we know what your most anticipated next gen console is now, but what's your most anticipated combo? The cheaper Wii60, the more classic PSWii, or the really really expensive PS360?

#2   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:53 PM

Wii and 360. Mainly because I own a 360, and I want the Wii. If I got the PS3, it would be an overpriced thing I rarely play.

#3   Eugine 

• Master Adept
        • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 26 August 2006 - 11:04 PM

WTF.

The PS3 isn't OVERPRICED, it's actually selling at a LOSS. Please use your words CORRECTLY. Say it's TOO EXPENSIVE FOR YOU TOO AFFORD.

overpriced:
        too costly for the value

The value of a PS3 is definetly more than 600.

Anyway, I'd prefer to get a PS3 and Wii because the games I play only comes on those two systems... But... If I can only get one it would be a PS3 (for general knowledge ^^)

#4   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept

Posted 26 August 2006 - 11:12 PM

Yah, buddy, I know what I feaking said. But, I'm not going to get in a ranting match with you, not over that "thing".

Anyway, I can't will till MP3 and Galaxies. And maybe Red Steel. And the third Smash Bros. Okay, maybe a few.

#5   Eugine 

• Master Adept
            • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 26 August 2006 - 11:14 PM

It's ok. You just find alot of people using that word uneducately over the net regarding the PS3.

#6   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept

Posted 26 August 2006 - 11:18 PM

View PostEugine, on Aug 27 2006, 12:14 AM, said:

It's ok. You just find alot of people using that word uneducately over the net regarding the PS3.

Yes. I say what other people say because I secretly want to be like everyone else. I'm a freaking poser. [/sarcasm]

Anyway, like I said, not argueing over it. So if you can be mature enough to quiet down, we can all be happy.

#7   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 26 August 2006 - 11:22 PM

Coming to think of it, getting a PS3 and X360 doesn't make any sense. Most games come out for both, or are very similar, so a PS3/X360 should be bought along with a Wii.

I think that's going to be the Wii advantage, because many people are going to buy it as their complement system.

#8   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                  • AKA watch

Posted 27 August 2006 - 03:10 AM

PS3 and Wii. I'd love to have the superior graphics of the PS3 (360 sucks) and the inovation of Nintendo mixed into one. Plus all the games on either side, ps3, killzone, FF, KH etc. Wii, ssb, mario karts, Zelda.

#9   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                    • AKA Me111

Posted 27 August 2006 - 07:02 AM

I'd say PSWii as both have games I'd like. The only downsides are that I'm not sure how desperately I want a Wii (this fence is too comfortable for me to come off it) and the PS3 is overpriced TOO EXPENSIVE FOR ME TOO AFFORD. :(

#10   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                      • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 27 August 2006 - 07:29 AM

View PostEugine, on Aug 27 2006, 07:22 AM, said:

Coming to think of it, getting a PS3 and X360 doesn't make any sense. Most games come out for both, or are very similar, so a PS3/X360 should be bought along with a Wii.

I think that's going to be the Wii advantage, because many people are going to buy it as their complement system.

Yeah, that's one of Nintendo's ideas. To make the Wii unique and affordable enough so that every PS3 and 360 owner has one.

I wouldn't want even one of those combinations, only a Wii. Though I think the PSWii is the better way to go game-wise, but the Wii60 is better money-wise and also the 360 will probably have a lot less chance to breaking down than the PS3. Anyways, I'll repeat myself, all I would want is a Wii, even if someone was to offer me a free PS3 or 360.

#11   Blink 

• Disciple
                        • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 27 August 2006 - 05:49 PM

Eugine, the PS3 is an OVERPRICED STEAL.(Yay bold caps!)

It's way too overpriced for a console, there is no way anyone should pay half a grand to play video games. On the other hand, it's an absolute steal for a blue ray player. So if someone generically says the PS3 is overpriced, they're right. And if they generically say the PS3 is a steal, they're right too. The PS3 hasn't proven itself as a game console yet, nor as a blue ray player, nor as a multimedia entertainment device, nor as a supercomputer. So until it comes out, it is both all of the above, and none of the above. Once we get it working(or broken) in our hands, then we can say whether it's overpriced or not.

#12   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                          • Group: Admin

Posted 27 August 2006 - 06:03 PM

The problem is there hasn't been a demand for next-generation high definition players. Most people don't even have HDTV's to take advantage of the higher-end graphics, let alone investing hundreds in a new media (i.e. Blu-Ray, HD-DVD) just to rebuy their movies already on DVD.

Eugine, even Sony has had problems with the demand of its own Blu-Ray players, and has pushed off releasing specific models (at least outside of Japan).

I'm still undecided which console I should buy with Wii. Yes, undecided; as much as the prospect of having a complete, functional Blu-Ray is, I would like to see the Cell Processor being put to real use before I decide to buy an overpriced/too expensive for me to afford console (*wink wink, Eugine* :()

#13   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                            • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 27 August 2006 - 06:04 PM

You're kinda' contradicting yourself... First you say it's overpriced then you say we don't know if it's overpriced :S

And WTF, since when does consoles have a specific price?

EDIT: Meant for Blink.

#14   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 27 August 2006 - 06:07 PM

What I'm saying is, as a game console it's overpriced. No doubt about that.

As a Blu-Ray player, yes, it's worth it. HOWEVER, the problem is, there isn't a high demand for Blu-Ray technology, at the moment. So, in overview, few people will bother with the fact that it has Blu-Ray technology and instead treat it more as a game system, and THAT is overpriced.

#15   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 27 August 2006 - 06:14 PM

The PS3 is expensive, definetly expensive, but you characterise something overpriced when it's selling more than it's value.

Sony BRAND (for gaming PLAYSTION is extremely high) alone gives it a high value, if you do business you'd know brand plays an important role in pricing, Sony brand value is high (26th actually), so that alone could make up some of pricing.

But oh well, too bad no one likes Sony here.

#16   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept

Posted 27 August 2006 - 06:27 PM

Apparently someone here doesn't know when to stop being immature.

The Wii's a good system for a good price. I have to say it's a helluva lot less expensive then a 360. Minus the cost to get a new one...

#17   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 27 August 2006 - 06:41 PM

Eugine, it's not that I hate Sony the company. In fact, what I'm saying holds true for all companies that are investing in Blu-Ray. The fact is, it's too premature to introduce a new media format, when the DVD as already received such a wide use, and it is STILL growing at an unprecedented rate.

Why confuse the consumer by introducing a more expensive, next-generation brand, especially when they can't even take advantage of it because most people don't even have HDTV's yet.

Again, it's not only Sony. Other companies are following through on this. But Sony is pushing for it more than others, therefore it will have to realize this sooner or later.

#18   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                      • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 27 August 2006 - 06:49 PM

LOL PDM. Anyway, let me have a smart debate with GL, Blink and the others.

Most of the electronic companies we're pushing for a next gen drive because DVD sales are slowing down tremendously and with the introduction to HD it's about the perfect time, also most people already own a DVD player and they're lasting damn long.

So, why not get sales on hardware and software rather than software alone? Plus, actually, HD content can't even fit on a DVD IIRC.

#19   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                        • Interests:.5% per annum.
                                        • AKA Spam King

Posted 27 August 2006 - 06:52 PM

The result seem obvious. The two most popular consoles' combinations will get the most votes. Duh.

#20   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                                          • Location:The toaster in your kitchen.
                                          • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                                          • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:43 AM

If I could choose, I'd get a Wii60. Closer to (but still out of) my price range, and most of the games I've tried for the 360 are pretty good, and Halo 3 will be awesome when it comes out.

Personally, I side with GL on the Blu-Ray thing. But if you wan't to discuss it more, please go to my topic in the tech forums for it. And I just wouldn't ever shell out half a grand for a console no matter how good of a deal it is, or how good the games are. I'd only spend that much when $500 becomes the average price for a console.

#21   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
                                            • Location:Outside your window, watching....waiting
                                            • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:26 AM

I'm gonna have to agree with Eugine on this one. I'm definately getting a PS3, but i'll most likely get a Wii also. I can agree taht the PS3 is expensive, but its i'm sure it would be worth it (for those that always get a playstation console).

#22   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
                                              • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:41 AM

I want a 360 and a Wii. So, logically, I want a Wii60. 360 games looks pretty awesome. Plus, its sorta white and shiny.

#23   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:28 AM

I would want a PS3 because of the Final Fantasy games it's gonna have. The only real reason I'd want a 360 is to play Conker Live and Reloaded online, which is actually an XBox game, and I don't even know if it can go online on the 360. So I don't really have any reason to get either of them, while I have a lot of reasons to get a Wii.

#24   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:54 PM

Actually Eugine, I meant that we don't know if BluRay is worth it yet, so we can't tell if it really is underpriced( like you say it is, giving you the benefit of the doubt here). I know for sure that as it currently stands, the PS3 is overpriced for what we know it will do, acting as a game machine. You're already taking a risk, since half the PS3 deal is for the BluRay player. If BluRay is a flop, no way will a BluRay player be worth $600. And then it's up to the PS3 to be a gaming machine for $600, and that won't fly well at all. Yes, it's playstation, but going from $300 to $600? I certainly wouldn't take that kind of deal with any other device or appliance I bought from one gen to the next.

"But oh well, too bad no one likes Sony here."

Blalant assumptions and "LOL"ing don't put you very highup there on my "mature" list. :(

I suppose you do have a point though, overpriced certainly differs upon many variables. The most key one though, is how much a dollar is worth to you.

PS. Split infinity, if you'll notice, the results have been VERY different here from the normal next gen poll. Everyone wants a Wii in this one( as in the other) but second place is pretty well tied between PS3 and 360( much unlike a total favor for PS3 in the other topic).

PPS(Post post script). GL, you've been making some really strong points. Props on your debate skillzors.

#25   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                    • Group: Moderator
                                                    • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                                    • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:18 PM

A Wii and a PS3, even though the PS3 is over-priced. :blink:

A game console should NOT be $600. If the hardware makes the console so expensive, then it should use less advanced hardware to lower the price! I feel sorry for the Sony fans.

#26   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                                      • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 01 September 2006 - 02:30 PM

Wii60. Probably cuz that way Ninty get back with Rare. Its not gonna happen, but thats the closest i'll get to another Banjo game.

360's are alright, played on a friends, but they should have waited longer, its certainly not as good as it could have been, should they have waited. Also, if they released it more along side the Wii and PS3, then there would have been more competition for the consoles.

I'm not going against my Nintendo Heritage when saying this.

Page 1 of 1
                                                      • You cannot start a new topic
                                                      • You cannot reply to this topic