Quiz Shows

#1   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:.5% per annum.
    • AKA Spam King

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:47 AM

Well, my radio topic failed miserably, so I thought I might make a quiz show topic instead! Post a favourite quiz show of sorts from your region and briefly explain the rules.

Deal or No Deal

A group of contestants are randomly selected from the crowd, then compete in a quiz-based challenge until one player is remaining. The player then selects one of thirty briefcases, which all contain sums of money ranging from 50 cents to $200,000. The contestants who lost are then given the remaining briefcases.

The contestant progressively chooses random briefcases. Whenever a briefcase is selected, the person in possession of it has a chance to guess its contents. If they are correct, they win $500. At the end of every round, the 'bank' offers the contestant a sum of money for the contents of their briefcase, based on the values which have been eliminated by the opening of briefcases. They can then proclaim 'deal' or 'no deal', after weighing up the odds.

There are occasionally random bonuses which may come into play, but that overall is the general concept of the show.

Page 1 of 1
    • You cannot start a new topic
    • You cannot reply to this topic