• This topic is locked

Help With Schoolwork

#1   Caael 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:49 PM

I've recently started a graphics prject, in where you make top trumps cards. First we had to make a list of different subjects that they could be done on. I chose anime.

The thing is, I havent watched many anime. I need help with the information to go on the cards. The pictures I can get fine. Just the description and the statistics I need.

So here's the list of anime I currently have:

Fullmetal alchemist ( dont need help with this, I watch it all the time)
    Naruto ( Also no help)
    Shaman king ( no help)
    Spirited away ( no help)
    Love hina
    Akira ( Got info, thanks Daisus)
    Astro Boy ( I can do this myself)
    Gundam Wing ( got info, thanks GL)
    InuYasha ( Got info, thanks pHantOm)

If I have missed out any good anime, just post so.

I require these fields for each:
    Comedy Value /100%
    Character rating /100%
    story /10
    Theme music /10
    Overall rating /10

And a brief description of each.

This would be a great help, as I intend to take graphics for a GCSE, and maybe on to A level.

Thanks for your help guys.

Moved for the well being of this topic. - MD

This post has been edited by Caael: 29 September 2006 - 08:22 AM

#2   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
      • Group: Admin

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:47 PM

Besides the ones you're already sure about, the only one I can help with is Gundam Wing (I'm still watching it myself, though I'm very near to the end).

Gundam Wing:
      Character rating: 97/100%
      This is where Gundam Wing succeeds. The characters are simply amazing in how much their personalities are fleshed out. Each of the five Gundam Pilot is unique, has his own characteristic, and it even shows when they battle in their Gundams, as each has its own special form of attack. They experience changes throughout the series, with surprising plot twists or facts about their backgrounds. Overall, this, and the plot, is what's worth watching Gundam Wing for.

Story 100/100%
      Superb. Simply superb. The plot is magnificently told, and it truly is epic. Barely a few episodes in, and you already experience one of the most dramatic changes to the plot from the beginning. This truly is what Gundam Wing is; the organization OZ, the United Earth Sphere Space Alliance, the Operation Meteor, the original intent of the Gundams... it's dramatic, to say the least, and definitely worthwhile. A fantastic achievement in its own right.

Comedy Value 55/100%
      This is a serious, realistic, epic plot, not a comedy. That being said, there are certainly a few less tense moments (mostly surrounding the amusing character Duo Maxwell), but these are far and few.

Theme Music 92/100%
      Engaging battle themes, and perhaps the two greatest openings of any Anime (though that's my opinion). The music is orchestrated and very well done, and fits the mood (which is usually melancholy or serious).

Overall rating 95/100%
      Truly one of the greatest Anime ever, despite it being dated over ten years. The characters and the epic plot are truly the essence of Gundam Wing, a legacy worth living through.

#3   Lemontime 

• Disciple
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:11 AM

'Fraid I can only help with studio ghibli works.. Princess Mononoke was a great movie. You might wanna watch that.

#4   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
          • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:23 AM

You can probably find most of the stuff you want at Wikipedia. Try it.

#5   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:24 AM

If you have watched Princess mononoke, then why didnt you post the info?

Edit: Wiki wont do stuff like the stats, but its a good idea for the description.

Edit 2: Only post if you have some info to give, a post like GL's. AND DONT BIAS IT

#6   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:05 PM

Actually, I will concede that my analysis of Gundam Wing is slightly biased. I should point out that for the Story, while it is indeed epic and dramatic, does feel as though it's moving a bit too slowly at times (though this occurs only a few times). Overall, however, the pace of the story is good, especially considering the series is 49 episodes (plus an additional special movie called Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz).

#7   Bexie 

• Gallant
              • PipPipPip
                • Group: Members
                • Interests:... Stuff?

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:58 AM

I could help with YuYu Hakusho, as long as you're fine with all the info being based on the manga (I don't really watch anime anymore. Besides, the dub of YYH is crap. But that also means I couldn't give the theme tune rating. Well, I could, I've got one YYH DVD... I'm ranting. ^^;;). Also, I've only got up to vol. 4 of YYH, so the info might be a bit limited. ^^;;

But that's the only one. Well, I could've helped with Gundam Wing, been watching that since I was twelve, but GL beat me to it.
                If you had any CLAMP titles in there I could go on forever, lol.

#8   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 23 September 2006 - 11:03 AM

I'll say it again: Only post if you have some info to give, a post like GL's. Dont Bias.

#9   Dasius 

• Squire
                  • Pip
                    • Interests:RPGs, bass guitar, prog-rock and the futility of man

Posted 24 September 2006 - 01:55 PM

o.K heres some

Akira-
                    Characters- 95% Tetsuo's desent into madness, Kay's strange transe like states, The weird green kids, Akira himself, all the charaters in this movie are all well, designed, look different, are unique, and everytime one dies, no matter how obscure you are made to feel so much sorrow and despar, the characters are well developed even if they are only in one scene.

Comedy- 20% for such a serious movie you have to hand it to them for even getting the few bits of darkened humor in, not the movies strong point

Story-8.5/10 maybe more, apocoliptic wasteland Tokyo, stragne psyhcic people, seeing the embodiyment of destruction twice, a man gone mad with power a truly engaging story line and as it says on most reveiws and I totaly agree 'without this there would be no Matirx no nothing, simple as that' and a quote I pulled up from somewhere probably tells it better that I could 'The film tells the story of young adolescent, oppressed by his cruel peers and the way they treat him, his name is Tetsuo, he is angry because everyone treats him like a kid, especially Kaneda, a close friend of Tetsuo. When Kaneda's biker gang accidentally enters a military operation, Tetuo is almost killed and then taken in by the government and used as a test sample, but these tests unleash Tetsuo's latent psychic ability, he then unleashes at the world that has oppressed him for so long with his new telekinetic abilities. It is up to Kaneda, with Kei and Kai, to stop Tetsuo's massive rampage, and so there starts a powerful thriller about human emotion and how it can lead to total corruption of the mind'

Music- sorry can't help much there I'll watch it soon and get back to you on that it's been a while

Overall- 96% Personaly its my favorite movie but even with out bias this movie is the base for almost every half decent action creation to date, the actual artwork that makes the film is breathtaking and with moments like Tetsuo turning into a giant blob creature, Kay walking over water and Kaneda (the hero) crashing his best friends bike into a wall because of the monster he has become truly rank it as one of the greatest ever.

One peice... is'nt that a pirate cartoon? a guy who can use 3 samurai swords at the same time, a guy who stetches because he ate a cursed friut and a theif person? I don't remember much of it but it's definatly gonna rate highly on the funny scale if thats any help at all.

#10   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:11 AM

I'll be posting the cards as soon as they're done. I've done the Fullmetal one and the Naruto one.

I'll need the rest for Friday at the earliest.
                      Btw, I'll try and balance out the card stats, so they arent all super awesome.

#11   pHantOm 

• Disciple
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:46 AM

I can hook you up with Inuyasha, have the whole anime on dvd. I also watched the whole Gundam Wing series, with herrow and stuff it was awhile go but I loved that aswell. Cowboy bebop is AMAZINGLY GODLY, infact all of the anime you listed rocks my world. >_< But Inuyasha is my favorite cause of the love stories development.

Inuyasha

Characters: (9.3/10) Inuyasha's characters are ALL different and highly developed. From Inuyasha being a stubburn but loving half demon, who lost true love because of evil, to Kagome who starts out as a damsel in distress and saved by Inuyasha, but now has learned her own powers and uses them effictivly. Each character in the group is intertwined and dependent on one anothers ability to defeat the evil Naraku. I love the characters, there are so many you cant possibly read the summarys and know who is who unless you have already watched it.

Story: (9.5/10) The story is amazing aswell, using lots of traditional Japaneese themes such as true love being killed by pure evil, intertwined souls, ment for one another. You follow the group of Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango, kirara, and shippo on a quest to find all the shards of the shikon jewel. But it is MUCH more than just that, they run into many people in distress they need to help, furthering the development of both the story and the characters, who develop feelings for one another, and even fall in love with a fellow companian. Inuyasha is in love with Kagome, but at the same time can never forget his first love Kikyo, who changed him from a misfit demon, to a loved half human. Miroku as much of a flirter he is, has a special place in his heart for Sango, and his charm eventually finds its way to Sango and she begins to care for him aswell.

Comedy: (9/10) Although when first written was ment to be a comedy anime, it quickly turned into a romance and adventure anime. It does have its funny moments, mostly thanks to Miroku and his flirtatious attitude. He is often teased etc, and I find it very funny. Comedy is hard to rate, what I think is funny might not be funny to others, so I rated it based on how the writter made jokes etc. This is what makes Inuyasha so amazing, its mix of action, romance, comedy and adventure. Something alot of animes dont do.

Theme Music: (10/10) AMAZING ENDING SONGS, THE BEST IN ANIME IN MY OPINION HANDS DOWN! Truely, they are so good. Inuyashas creators hired japaneese singers to sing songs that the creator wrote the lyrics for. They are so good, its amazing. And they dont necessarily have to do with Inuyasha itself, they are love techno-ish songs. I love them, downloaded them all. They also have certain music for events unfolding in the story to foreshadow events that will happen later. So good omg...

Overall Rating: (9.5/10) The combination of all the elemets of the story create in what I believe to be the best anime ever. Inuyasha is my favorite anime, for the reasons stated above. Its not perfect, no anime is, it has its boring times but the mix of characters, the fantastic story with the comedy and love in the story. You begin to almost develop feelings for certain characters and hope that they get what they are hoping for. Such as hoping inuyasha takes kagome and uses the jewel to become human, like he would have done with kikyo. I am a kikyo fan myself. The music at the end of the show is amazing, and its different after about 15 episodes, I believe there is currently 9 different ending themes.

Im trying to be unbiased as possible, but its my favorite anime for a reason. Because its good lol. Believe me.

#12   Dasius 

• Squire
                        • Pip
                          • Interests:RPGs, bass guitar, prog-rock and the futility of man

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:32 AM

Yea just to finish up on Akira
                          Music- For variation its cra, all of three different peices throughout the movie so if thats what your baseing it on-3 but for the actual placement and effectiveness of the music it shots up to about 6, they use pure silence more that anything and then hit you with the haunting main peice which starts with a loud deep 'DUN!' quite literaly. well its your choice 3 or 6 in my opinion

Glad to be of service

#13   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:21 AM

Thanks guys, got all the stuff I need now. It turns out I dont have to make half as many cards, so i'll use the ones with info I got from you guys.

Thanks for all your help, this can be closed

#14   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                              • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 29 September 2006 - 05:05 PM

Glad you got what you needed. Good luck with the assignment.

*Padlock'd*

#15   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 29 September 2006 - 05:07 PM

I'd just like to add that if you're willing to reveal how the cards turned out, PM a mod and we'll re-open this topic, or create an entirely new one separately.

Page 1 of 1
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • This topic is locked