• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tapping Into The Brain? Weird

#1   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
    • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 04 November 2006 - 03:46 AM

Well, this is kinda weird. I was going in the door at my school, and I started daydreaming (I do that a lot. It's one reason why I have an active imagination still). What's really weird though, is that it seemed to last ten seconds, when in reality, only 2 seconds had passed. Imagine if you could think 5 times faster like that all the time! It has only happened to me mabey three times in the past three months. It's really wierd, because time around you seems to stop.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

#2   Lemontime 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 04 November 2006 - 06:05 AM

Apparently this happens in moments of fear and excitement. I guess it could be caused by huge rushes of emotion. Like say, narrowly avoiding a car crash. You might see the whole thing in slow motion. Like it'll seem as though the whole breaking and skidding was near 10 seconds, when it was more like three seconds. I guess it's the minds way of telling you to pinch yourself.

#3   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
        • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 04 November 2006 - 06:18 AM

Stuff like this happened to me a few times in my life. After all, time is relative.

#4   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
          • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:11 AM

If I'm really bored in class, I feel like I can alter the passage of time with my will. Like, if I stare at my watch long enough I can force it to go faster. It's all about perception.

#5   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
            • Group: Members
            • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:00 AM

Yeah, in class I'll look at the clock, look away and count 40 almost perfect seconds, look up to find only 20 seconds have passed. Its kinda annoying...

#6   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept
              • Interests:Nom nom nom. Cookies.

Posted 05 November 2006 - 01:37 PM

I had this when playing baseball at school. The gymteacher's helpguylad was filming our class for part of his education. I caught this ball and it seemed like the ball was going quite slow but in a straight line. And then my teacher yelled "good catch." I was astonished because the teacher hardly ever gives compliments and I didn't think it was that special.

Later in the midday break, the helpguylad came to me and showed me the film. When my catch came it turned out that the ball was going bloody fast.

#7   PDM 

• Disciple
                • Group: Members
                • AKA lifeform288

Posted 05 November 2006 - 02:30 PM

My dad used to be able to control adrenaline rushes. It made him quite good at rugby and lacrosse.

Myself? I don't much experience things of the sort, but I dream something that happens the next day a LOT, which is quite freaky.

Page 1 of 1
                • You cannot start a new topic
                • You cannot reply to this topic