• You cannot reply to this topic

Rants Cause moaning is fun!

#1   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • AKA Me111

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:03 PM

Ok then, just a little idea that I had. Basically if you have something really annoys you and you feel the need to moan about, then do so right here! It can be about anything you want, as long as it isn't too controversial or involves insulting any members. You can reply to other people's rants or make your own. It doesn't really matter which you do. The aim is to make you feel better about it.

I want to do a rant about how screwed up European releases seem to be. I know this is a topic which has been covered before, but it really bothers me. WarioWare: Twisted was originally going to be out in June 2005 over here, but now it's a '2007' release, which shows no real information at all. Not only that but the newest Final Fantasy games (XII and III) are still a fair while away, with XII not being out until late Feburary. I know there's all the translation issues and jazz like that, but still it just annoys me at times.

Note: I'll admit that I didn't do a huge check but I didn't see any other topics like this. Sorry if there were any others.

#2   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
      • Interests:.5% per annum.
      • AKA Spam King

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:07 PM

My music library software almost never detects my E10 when I link it with the USB. Which is just stupid, because it should, but it doesn't...and it's stupid. STUPID.

#3   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:08 PM

Great, original topic idea! Hats off to you Me111, these kinds of topics don't come up too often.

I have a rant about Canadians' obsession with ice hockey. What I don't understand is how, just because it's a sport that we're good at, it has to take over our sports media like a plague. For example, this week was the IIHF World Junior Championships in Sweden. I'm sure none of you knew that, but even though it's a relatively small hockey tournament, it still took over all sports media here and it seems like no tv station or radio station in this country would be caught dead not giving you constant score updates on the game. It makes me angry that much more popular sports like basketball and football get barely any coverage during those weeks where the Toronto Maple Leafs have more than two games. We need to stretch out and not become so obsessed with one sport. What does the world know us for? We're good at hockey. And we're supposed to be peaceful. In reality, we're a country that's obsessed with hockey, and are the U.S.'s littler, wimpier brother.

I know my rant is oh so patriotic, but I really had to get that off my chest.

#4   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
          • Group: Admin

Posted 06 January 2007 - 05:32 PM

Recent rant on FaceBook.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wait, so what if a woman gets raped? You're supporting teen pregnancy! I hate pro-life people so much, go blow up an abortion clinic."

That was the response a classmate of mine gave me when I said I was pro-life. That's literally all I said, we were just discussing government class, and the issue we were discussing was abortion.

"I'm pro-life".

And suddenly, I'm the enemy.

Yes, I won't deny that I'm a conservative in a predominantly liberal school and city. So I expect there to be opposition. But at the same time, I don't think it's fair and just to start mindlessly associating me with some of the misconceptions of a particular way of thinking.

I'm pro-life and I'm proud, but I'm also not an idiot; if a woman gets raped, then I expect her to get an abortion, and would fight to ensure her right to do so. I don't think people should be lying around having sex irresponsibly either, but if it was genuinely an accident, and the circumstances are difficult, then I support an abortion. (Admittedly, it doesn't change the fact that it's wrong in my eyes, but I can at least understand when having an abortion is JUSTIFIED).

I'm anti-illegal immigration. I don't think it's fair for people to get amnesty when all they've done is sneak into the country unjustly, when my parents had to work hard and make a living, and millions of other people have not yet been recognized as citizens (and they've been living here for years, even decades). But at the same time, I don't propose rounding up illegal immigrants and just jailing them like criminals.

I'm anti-*** marriage. Homosexuality, in my eyes, is against nature, and regardless of the arguments, I believe it to be a choice - the wrong choice. But even then, I'm not one of those people going around calling them filthy, condemning them like animals, or proposing other extreme measures against them.

And the list goes on and on.

I've been growing tired of hearing accusations. Whether you're a liberal, moderate, conservative, fascist, etc. you can't label anyone as any particular way of thinking, and therefore prone to being single-minded like that.

#5   PDM 

• Disciple
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Members
            • AKA lifeform288

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:28 AM

I hate it when I'm trying to open a jar and the lid get's stick closed because the contents are sticky and they get on the inside of the lid and stick there, because it is sticky. Stick it, jar makers.

#6   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
              • AKA Me111

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:05 PM

I'm also annoyed about a piece of Media Studies coursework which I did recently. Basically I had to design a magazine cover, but she only told us afterwards that we drop a grade just for doing it by hand instead of on the computer. How is that fair? If I'd have known before I hand I would have done it on the computer!

#7   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                • AKA Spam King

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:10 PM

Whoa, pure b*tch. I do everything on computer because I know that I can usually do a lot better.

#8   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                  • AKA Me111

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:13 PM

Well I usually do as well, but this one time I thought 'No I'll do it myself, so it shows I put more effort in'. :D

#9   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                    • AKA Spam King

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:15 PM

I wonder if anybody else will actually reply to other people's rants. It alleviates more stress when you bring other people down with you, emotionally.

#10   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
                      • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:55 PM

I had an idea for atopic like this, but I was too lazy to start it. I just ranted in TRT where no one paid the slightest bit of attention to me.

My computer is retarded. Seriously. I have no idea what my dad did to it, but now I have all sorts of totally random issues. I think somehow he jacked up the computer-wide security setting to the "safe for 10-year olds" setting.
                      1) Random sites don't work. You may have seen those stupid filler sites that pop up instead...Examples: Google Images, Google Video, Myspace, NewGrounds, and more. (note, if you can't see something I typed, see point 3)

2) Random YouTube cut off in the middle. They are always completely harmless, such as a Cream performance, but it just cuts off in the middle. Examples: Simpsons clips, video game trailers, etc.

3) Cuts out random words. It blocks my computer from sending or recieving random words. But only sometimes...Its really messed up. Swears get through just fine though...Examples: Hmmm...I dunno how I can do this. I'll just try. , hate, blood, ove , pro da, dead, etc.

4) Web sites get cut off in the middle. I'll be reading an article, and it will just cut off in the middle of the page, occasionally displaying part of the code. This too is completely random, it seems it just selects a site it doesn't like and axes it. Examples: IGN. I can't read anyhting on it, all I get is the first little bit of code, and maybe the header if I'm lucky.

5) Display issues. Sites like Gamespot have a really funky, stacked up look. Also, it randomly switches to text only versions of sites, and no amount of refreshing can get rid of it. I have to restart my computer.

6) iTunes. It can't download Podcasts.

And there you have it, some of the varied issues my computer has. I really need to find out how to fix them.

#11   Hotshot101 

• Chaos Lord
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • Location:Outside of your house with a sniper rifle a little computer and an american flag.
                        • Interests:Vidoe games, some sports

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:03 PM

One my sister (you could guess why). Second is some old jerks I just about beat up the last time they annoyed me.

(edit: I hate it when that happens)

#12   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
                          • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:24 AM

SPAMBOT!!! :P

And sisters are liveable.

#13   Elliott 

• Cool
                            • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                            • AKA Agatio

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:55 AM

You know what ****s me?
                            Stupid females (so about 99% of them).

I was at work tonight and the manager was telling us about some new guy that she's seeing, and he was messaging her, and then she purposefully waited half an hour after he had sent her the message before she was replying. Why? Because she "wanted to keep him waiting". I mean what kind of retarded mentality is that, where you will play mind games with a person you're seeing?

It's these stupid, dumb *****es that care more about how their hair looks than any of the problems in the world, or reading a book, or formulating their own opinions who frustrate me to no end. Ditsy, moronic, poser, whores with no brain that make their life's purpose to be as vapid and banal as they possibly can before settling down with some guy who is equally as moronic but who happens to have a lot of money so they never have to lift a ****ing finger. And it's not a small minority either. I'm one of those people who have noticed that over the last few years, people are just getting stupider. It's like lacking intellect is the new trend, and the dumber you are, the more you're going to be accepted.

You see them everywhere; when you go out, on television, and all over Myspace. You know, those people with 20 photos of them self, taken by them self, wearing that same stupid pouting expression and a pair of over sized sunglasses. It's not just the ladies though; guys are becoming stupider and lazier as well. You know who I blame? The media; it's the message that people are being sent these days: Wear these clothes, listen to this, don't think too much, and you'll be accepted. And then the people who do happen to think differently are usually the outcasts who aren’t accepted in the general mass, though not that they would really want to.

Man, I hate people.

/rant

#14   Yuki 

• Master Adept
                              • AKA Love_Guardian_Yuki, Zimmy

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:57 PM

You know what annoys me? MY BROTHER'S FRIENDS.

They're all retarded. And everytime my brother invites his friends over, he has to act like a dumbsh*t and put me down and try to prove that he's the "man" of the house. He tells me to do stuff like go make him a sandwhich and go wash his clothes cause that's what women do. He's a sexist pig and I'm sure his friends are just the same. I hate how they just sit there and yell while my brother plays video games. They all cheer and its so stupid @_@;

I hate people who give me attitude when I'm working :) I try to help them and they make faces and have an attitude against me. I didn't do anything to deserve it, I'm just trying to do my job.

My neighbors make me wanna throw a fit :angry: They all bid on who I'm going to date and try to match me up with their 16-17-18 year old sons. They also ask me questions, not to see if I'm doing good, but to see if I messed up lately.

>=(

#15   Hotshot101 

• Chaos Lord
                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                • Location:Outside of your house with a sniper rifle a little computer and an american flag.

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:44 PM

heh atleast you don't have to live with them. Another one is my dad. I won't tell you why though.

#16   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                  • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:36 AM

View PostLove_Guardian_Yuki, on Jan 20 2007, 02:57 AM, said:

My neighbors make me wanna throw a fit :D They all bid on who I'm going to date and try to match me up with their 16-17-18 year old sons. They also ask me questions, not to see if I'm doing good, but to see if I messed up lately.

>=(

Man, if I were you I would tell them to suck my ****, go to Hell and **** off.

#17   Hotshot101 

• Chaos Lord
                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:20 AM

That sucks. I can feel for you there Yuki. Bunch of inconsiderate people.

#18   Yuki 

• Master Adept

Posted 20 January 2007 - 02:45 PM

:D That's just the thing! They expect me to just take it and let them do it, and I do...

I dont have it in me to tell them to leave me alone...

#19   Hotshot101 

• Chaos Lord
                                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2007 - 03:14 PM

Well then theres your problem. Don't take it.

#20   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:48 PM

Eggs+house=HAHAHAHAHA!

No, but really, you should pop their tires or something. Or start hitting on them. That last one would be creepy...Please ignore me.

Anyway, rant:

The "justice" system at my school is totally screwed up. It's completely arbitrary. One teacher gave me a demerit thing for "ignoring her request to walk in single file". Which I don't even have to do. And I didn't hear her. I had guessed when I was in her class that she hated me, and this was confirmation. When I alledgedly start a fight that ends with kid whaling on the other, the teacher that breaks it up likes me. Nothing happens. When a teacher that doesn't like me catches me doing something that really is completely OK, she bends things a little to get me in trouble. She didn't even call me back to yell at me, I just was handed a peice of paper from our discipline guy. It would have been slightly better if she at aleast told me I was doing something wrong, so I could apologize or explain, but she just goes back to her room and writes me up. It's really iritating. There aren't any standards that say how severe something must to get written up, it is totally up to the teachers. One kid got a demerit for kicking a teacher's imaginary friend, but another got off scot free for running away from school. It's really messed up.

#21   Yuki 

• Master Adept

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:48 PM

View PostHotshot101, on Jan 20 2007, 01:14 PM, said:

Well then theres your problem. Don't take it.

Dare I tell them they're wrong when my parent's reputation is on the line? Or do I just smile and let them do it?

#22   Hotshot101 

• Chaos Lord
                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2007 - 10:17 PM

If you are worried about your parents. Just ignore them and walk away. Or ask them about it. They are in a better position to tell you what to do then I am.

#23   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:43 AM

View PostFlamingDuck, on Jan 20 2007, 08:48 PM, said:

Eggs+house=HAHAHAHAHA!

No, but really, you should pop their tires or something. Or start hitting on them. That last one would be creepy...Please ignore me.

Hitting on them? I'd probably do that, it's creepy and it will keep them at arm's length (probably further). Just don't pay attention to them Yuki, or better yet, get in on their bets! It'd be like Pete Rose betting on baseball, you could bet on who you will date next!

#24   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                  • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:21 PM

Rant: First day of school after a 23 day holiday. I SOOOO want another month of lazing around! I hate school, hate it, hate it, hate it!!! Damn...

#25   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept
                                                    • Location:Somewhere in Europe
                                                    • Interests:Nom nom nom. Cookies.

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:25 PM

3rd week of school after a two week holiday. I soooo want a month of lazing around.

Getting up at 6.30 on monday, tuesday and friday. >_>

There's nothing better to get rid of the pain then to know that some people have even more....

#26   Hotshot101 

• Chaos Lord
                                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:48 PM

Heck my real work over starts next week, because my full scedule will be on then and last semester was a pain, hope this ones better.

Page 1 of 1
                                                      • You cannot start a new topic
                                                      • You cannot reply to this topic