#1   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 07 January 2007 - 06:09 PM

Who here uses Yahoo! Answers?

Same basic information, taken from the site itself:

What is Yahoo! Answers?

It's the place to ask questions and get real answers from real people. It’s fun and educational because you can ask questions on any topic—from the serious to the not so serious. And when you know what's up, you get to help people out by answering their questions. It's all about sharing—what you know and what you want to know. So, why keep your gnawing questions and brilliant answers to yourself? Jump in and start sharing!

How is Yahoo! Answers different from a message board or chat room?

Yahoo! Answers is a place for people to ask and answer questions in order to share knowledge.

Unlike a chat room, Yahoo! Answers is not a place for people to ask each other how they're doing or "talk" when they're bored.

Unlike a message board, where a thread of messages can continue indefinitely without ever getting resolved, the questions in Yahoo! Answers are resolved when a best answer is picked. After questions are resolved, members who have reached Level 2 can rate the Best Answer and everyone in the community can continue to share their opinions.

Yes, there are levels. In short, the more questions you respond to, the more you get. As you get different levels, you have new options opened up to you (being able to rate the quality of questions/answers, being able to post more, etc.).

I've found this useful. Whenever I'm in a bind, just ask a question, and I guarantee you'll get quite a few decent answers within a brief amount of time (sometimes within minutes).

Anyone else use this?

#2   Eugine 

• Master Adept
      • Group: Veterans
      • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:23 PM

I've never been directly to Yahoo Answers, but sometimes when doing a Google search for answers Yahoo Answers usually pop up.

#3   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
        • Group: Admin

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:36 PM

That's because the questions that are asked are so varied. Think of it as almost a Wikipedia-like archive of questions and data, ranging on every topic you can imagine, from serious to the random.

#4   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Members
          • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:54 AM

Yeah, I really should start using this, its got evrything from game tips to stuff on terrorists. Pretty awesome.

Page 1 of 1
          • You cannot start a new topic
          • You cannot reply to this topic