Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

February Draws Near...

#1   Blink 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:34 PM

So, of course, I don't actually know if Max is still up to trying to revive GSW at the end of February (especially after college applications! Yowza!), but none the less, we definitely ought to be here for him. :)

So, this post is not an impatient begging, not a constant complaining, and not a worried whine, no, this is a post for Max. Without GSW and GSS, I wouldn't be here today, nor any of you, and I think that would be a huge disappointment after looking back on how great the forums have been, the excitement and anticipation around the fangame, and the community itself. We've all been brought together by this, and it's certainly something I don't think any of us will ever forget. And for that, let's hear it for Max, and AveneR as well!

#2   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • AKA Me111

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:40 PM

I think I've got a tear in my eye... :)
      Seriously though hip hip hooray and stuff. I'm happily waiting and it doesn't bother me when it's released. When you live with constant European game delays, you learn to be patient and wait for the fun at the end.

#3   Max 

• Administrator
        • Group: Admin

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:46 PM

Blink, as I've said to you privately as well as to everyone publicly, I fully intend to finish and launch a new version of GSW by summertime. Robotics season ends on February 20, at which point I will focus on getting the new GSS site done. As soon as that occurs, I'll move on to GSW, and it will really get rolling.

#4   Blink 

• Disciple
          • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:26 PM

Yeah, I know what you said, but the last topic on GSW that you locked had me a little worried. xD

Still, hip hip horrah! I didn't remember you intended to have it out by summer, that's awesome! I'll be trying to jump back into the community a bit more, seeing as how I haven't been around much as of late.

#5   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:37 PM

Thanks to an incredibly active and upbeat forum, and the community it has, I haven't invested much in GSW over the last few months.

Though, I'm sure for a few old members, the promise of GSW is the only thing keeping around.

So if this is a topic for Max, I'd like to thank him for taking time (and money) out of his life to keep GSS up, and I'd also like to thank the rest of the members here at GSSF for keeping this place such a great place to discuss whatever's on our minds.

#6   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:37 PM

Nicely said, SoT. Amen to every word.

#7   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 28 January 2007 - 08:07 PM

It's pretty amazing how a computer can allow people from halfway accross the globe to become a community. I look foreward to both GSW, and the revamp of GSS. I can say that I'll still be around here for quite a while. Possibly to the day it dies (which by the looks of it could be quite a long time away).

If there's anything I can do to help with the revamp, I'd be glad to help. But I can't do translations.

#8   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                  • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:36 PM

You could help by doing the AW Site :\
                  And yes. Thanks Max :D

#9   Toasty 

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:14 PM

I've been working on it. But I still have time for other things too.

#10   PDM 

• Disciple
                      • AKA lifeform288

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:13 AM

I'd be here without GSW, bastages.

Max, you gotta face it. You probably won't work on GSW again. You'll maybe get the new site up and running, but by that time you might be busy as hell with college. You'll have to put off GSW until afterwards, but by the time you're out of college you'll have moved on from us. :(

#11   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                        • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:54 AM

... I think Max will slaughter you because of that, PDM.

Anyhow, as I've already said a few times, this is the best forum I've been to. Nowhere else are the members so friendly, helpful, and just overal cool. I thank AveneR and Max for this excellent site.

#12   The Wind Seer 

• Slayer
                        • PipPipPipPipPip
                          • Interests:My interests are swimming, video games (like age of empires, golden sun series, star wars battlefront, halo 2), reading good books (long exciting types), learning, exercising, taking my dog for a walk, and soccer!

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:40 AM

View PostAquamarine, on Feb 12 2007, 09:54 AM, said:

... I think Max will slaughter you because of that, PDM.

Anyhow, as I've already said a few times, this is the best forum I've been to. Nowhere else are the members so friendly, helpful, and just overal cool. I thank AveneR and Max for this excellent site.

Who's AvereR?

#13   Max 

• Administrator

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:54 AM

AveneR was my programming and project partner for GSW. He has moved on to greener pastures, so unless GSW really gets off the ground, he probably won't come back to help.

However, I've spent alot of time since the last beta release almost 1.5 years ago learning and improving my Flash programming skills. The next 4 months (starting in March) are going to be the best opportunity in my life to get this done, since I don't have any school responsibilities until college starts in the fall. It will happen, just be patient.

#14   The Wind Seer 

• Slayer
                            • PipPipPipPipPip
                              • Interests:My interests are swimming, video games (like age of empires, golden sun series, star wars battlefront, halo 2), reading good books (long exciting types), learning, exercising, taking my dog for a walk, and soccer!

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:54 PM

Ok...I will.

#15   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 16 February 2007 - 07:58 PM

Indeed. PDM, that was a little...over the top, I think, especially since Max already countered my few worries about the project. I don't think your many worries will change how Max feels about it. xD

#16   Toasty 

Posted 17 February 2007 - 04:47 AM

I never doubted it's completion. I know that if I had already spent that much time on something like that, I'd be inclined to finish it no matter where I was in life. And I'm still inclined to finish the mini site. I'm just haveing trouble with it at the moment since my PC won't let me edit the files for some reason.

Page 1 of 1
                                  • You cannot start a new topic
                                  • You cannot reply to this topic