Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Aqua Teen In Boston Cartoon network's big oops.

#1   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:I've got hobby A.D.D.
    • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:28 PM

I was watching the news and could hardly believe what i heard. I leave it to others to check the details (i can't, as i'm using my phone to post this). it was reported that the city of boston literally froze while bomb squads investigated checked out mysterious packages all over the city. subways shut down, roads closed, and the whole city nearly shut down until cartoon network admited these packages were harmless lights advertising for aqua teen hunger force. Oops. XD You can find more details on fox news' website, i'm sure. If someone could post the details that'd be great. I just found this bit of news to be hilarious, though sad for boston, seeing as they no doubt lost a ton of money for this. You can probably bet cartoon network is going to have to pay some pretty hefty fines as well. >.< ouch.

#2   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
      • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
      • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:42 PM

XD

I watch that show sometimes. This is just hilarious. They put up the mooninites with magnetic lights. Now if they were put there by extremeists to the series, they might've been bombs since the mooninites are, well, sort of violent.

BOSTON — A suspicious package alert that shut down downtown Boston Wednesday afternoon was actually part of an elaborate marketing campaign by the Cartoon Network to spark interest in its "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" show.

After state and local officials said they were launching an investigation into a series of "suspicious packages" found around the city, the Cartoon Network released a statement saying the packages were magnetic lights that pose no danger.

"They are part of an outdoor marketing campaign in 10 cities in support of Adult Swim's animated television show Aqua Teen Hunger Force," the statement said.

"They have been in place for two to three weeks in Boston, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle, Portland, Austin, San Francisco, and Philadelphia. Parent company Turner Broadcasting is in contact with local and federal law enforcement on the exact locations of the billboards. We regret that they were mistakenly thought to pose any danger."

Some of the images left on the devices were in the form of characters called "Mooninites" from "Aqua Teen Hunger Force," which is a show on the "Adult Swim" block of adult programming shown on the Cartoon Network. The show is an animated comedy about three detectives in the shape of human-sized food products that live together in a rental house in New Jersey.

Looks like two of the cities are nearby for me (Seattle and Portland. Seattle's closer). The rest of the article is here. Looks like Governor David Patrick didn't take kindly to it all. He needs to lighten up. =P

#3   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
        • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 03 February 2007 - 06:33 AM

I've never seen or even heard of the show, but I like that name. Aqua Teen Hunger Force foo! :)

Anyhow, this is quite funny. It's a shame for Cartoon Network though that everyone in the world is so obssessed with terrorists and stuff...

#4   Toasty 

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:27 AM

Their marketing gimmick is quite funny though. You should watch an episode sometime. It's not like it's the best show 3var, but there's some pretty funny stuff in it sometimes. (when meatwad gets static powers. XD)

#5   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept
            • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:30 PM

View PostMr.T, on Feb 5 2007, 05:27 AM, said:

Their marketing gimmick is quite funny though. You should watch an episode sometime. It's not like it's the best show 3var, but there's some pretty funny stuff in it sometimes. (when meatwad gets static powers. XD)

That episode is ****ing awesome. I can't wait until the movie comes out.

#6   Toasty 

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:03 AM

Meatwad: "Say what?" XD

But I didn't know they were actually making a movie. I thought it was just another one of those crazy things Adult Swim says. Like about their new phone.

#7   Lan 

• New User
                • Group: Members

Posted 18 February 2007 - 03:37 PM

Yeah, they're definitely making a movie, and from what I hear, a flaming chicken is definitely in.

#8   Toasty 

Posted 18 February 2007 - 10:25 PM

It should've been a flaming duck. That would've been better.

Page 1 of 1
                  • You cannot start a new topic
                  • You cannot reply to this topic