Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Super Bowl You know, AMERICAN football.

#1   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:41 PM

I know none of you really care about American football, but I thought this deserved a topic.

Basically, it's the Chicago Bears vs. the Indianapolis Colts. Right now it's....16-14, Colts. So if you care, who do you think will win? I'm guessing the Bears, even though I don't really care about either team.

Or this can just turn into an "American football is stupid" topic, that works too.

EDIT: 19-14 Colts. I think its still the third quarter, but the Bears better do something soon.

#2   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:59 PM

29-17 Colts right now. I chose the Bears for my History teacher's Super Bowl picks, though. There goes my box of pop-tarts. >.>

#3   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
        • Group: Admin

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:09 PM

Yeah, final score was 29-17, Colts win.

The Bears started off incredibly strong (a 92 return touchdown by Hester!), but towards the end of the first half, they started to fall apart, and they never recovered from the Colt's increased momentum.

#4   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
          • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:14 PM

Hmmm...Well, I was wrong. I'll still have to rub this embarrassing defeat in my friend's face.

It seemed to be a turn-over filled game, from what I understand. I'll have to go see the best commercials tomorrow.

#5   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:18 PM

Well, it was pouring like crazy. You wouldn't get that many turn-overs or slips in a normal game. That said, I was still impressed with the way the QBs still managed some pretty nice passes, despite the passes.

#6   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:27 PM

View PostGolden Legacy, on Feb 4 2007, 10:18 PM, said:

I was still impressed with the way the QBs still managed some pretty nice passes, despite the passes.

Errr...What?
              But, according to ESPN, most of the turnovers weren't the fault of the weather.

Reading the highlights is so much easier than actually watching the game.

#7   Xelina 

• Berserker
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • Interests:Anime: Trinity Blood, Bleach, and Samurai Champloo.<br />Manga: Xxx Holic, X/ 1999, and Dragon Knights<br />Game: Final Fantasy VII, .Hack GU, KH II, [b]Tales of the Abyss[/b]<br />---------------------<br />Favorite Characters: Sephiroth, Vincent, Leon/Squall, [b]JADE CURTISS[/b]<br />Favorite Online Game: RO<br />Favorite Colors: Blue, Purple, Black, Green<br />Favoirte Music: J-pop, Rock, Metal, J-rock, Pop.<br />Favorite all time artist: CLAMP<br />Favorite Band: System of a Down<br />Favorite Song: Kiss by a Rose, Sail (sp?)<br />Favorite Food: Chocolate<br />Favorite Word: Pie<br />---------------------<br />Total RPC: 5<br /><br />Names of RPC:<br /><br />Yuki Shadow (F)<br />Fay W. Sabakura (M)<br />Black Cat (F)<br />White Cat (M)<br />Fionn (M)

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:48 PM

Damn it, that mean I am gonna get a ear full of whining when I get back to school.

(lives in Chicago)

#8   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                  • Group: Veterans
                  • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                  • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:54 AM

XD! Luckily for me, I don't. But last year, the Steelers should have lost. The ref gave them too many breaks, and just hammered on the Seahawks (it was them, right?)

Well about this year, I didn't really watch it much. My sister invited some friends over (about 8), and they got the big screen all to themselves. My friend and I were in the other room (which also had cable though), but we just played videogames. I've never been all that into the sport, but if I had to choose between soccer and football, I'd much rather watch football. ;D As for the commercials, I'll have to watch the best of 'em tomorrow.

#9   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                    • AKA Me111

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:27 AM

American football has no interest for me. All I know is that one bizarrely named team beat another bizarrely named team.
                    I couldn't watch it anyway though as it started at 10:45pm over here. :)

#10   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:15 PM

View PostGolden Legacy, on Feb 4 2007, 09:18 PM, said:

Well, it was pouring like crazy. You wouldn't get that many turn-overs or slips in a normal game. That said, I was still impressed with the way the QBs still managed some pretty nice passes, despite the passes.

I'm glad you don't watch football all the time like I do, otherwise I'd have to tell you off. By quarterback standards, Manning was really good considering the situation, and Grossman was just bad.

I betted on the Bears and in the 4th quarter, Grossman singlehandedly imploded the Bears chances. His two interceptions weren't even close to the receivers!

I feel sorry for the Bears defence, at least they did their job.

#11   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
                        • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:16 PM

I had money riding on the Bears... :) I knew their offense (Rex Grossman especially) would let me down. Well, I guess Payton Manning can finally rest easy know that he's been to the Super Bowl once in his career.

As a sidenote, If the Pats had gone, we would have whipped the Bears... :)

#12   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:17 PM

Yeah, the Patriots had the Bears trumped because their was no question in their defence or the fact that Tom Brady can play huge in the big game.

The Bears had their chances, and that Hester return TD was the craziest thing I've ever seen watching football.

#13   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:45 PM

Hester and Urlacher (Hate spelling names like that), are probably the best players the Bears have. The Bear's defense was decent, but the offense was probably the worst i've seen. They really need to start by getting a new Quarterback then get new wide receivers. They let up to many fumbles, and some that the rain couldn't be blamed for.

#14   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:55 PM

The receivers are great! Berrian is lightning-fast and has a knack for finding openings for huge place, and even though Muhammad is getting older, he's very reliable.

I think Grossman can be better if he takes his time and stops overthinking everything. I mean, you learn in training camp how to grab the ball from your center when it's snapped. And he messed up on that simple grab twice in the game.

#15   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:06 PM

View PostSea_of_Time, on Feb 5 2007, 04:15 PM, said:

I'm glad you don't watch football all the time like I do, otherwise I'd have to tell you off. By quarterback standards, Manning was really good considering the situation, and Grossman was just bad.

I betted on the Bears and in the 4th quarter, Grossman singlehandedly imploded the Bears chances. His two interceptions weren't even close to the receivers!

I feel sorry for the Bears defence, at least they did their job.

I don't watch it often, true. I only start watching football towards the Super Bowl (i.e. AFC, NFC championships, and of course the big game itself).

One interesting statistic to note (from ESPN) is that the Colts attempted over sixty plays, whereas the Bears stuck to only nineteen or so.

#16   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
                                  • Location:Outside your window, watching....waiting

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:21 PM

The reason why they probably used so many is cause Manning always loves to change plays before the snap. They always start with one thing, and then he changes it, probably why their offense was so effective during the game.

As for the Bears offense..well they pretty much spoke for themself with the way they played. :)

#17   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 05 February 2007 - 06:49 PM

View PostGolden Legacy, on Feb 5 2007, 05:06 PM, said:

I don't watch it often, true. I only start watching football towards the Super Bowl (i.e. AFC, NFC championships, and of course the big game itself).

One interesting statistic to note (from ESPN) is that the Colts attempted over sixty plays, whereas the Bears stuck to only nineteen or so.

Just breaking down Grossman a bit more, on the first interception that was returned for a touchdown, he pumped once and threw to the guy he pumped to. It was clear he didn't even want to throw that ball, it was completely premeditated as to who he would throw to. On the second one, if he had thrown six yards further, that would have been a 60 yard touchdown. He just made mistakes too often, and when Cedric Benson went out with an injury, their running game died and Grossman needed to shoulder the load, which he obviously could not.

#18   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:46 PM

Grossman, in my eyes, is still a rookie. He needs A LOT of work. Making it a Super Bowl game, it didn't help him at all, or his reputation. I really do have pity for him, especially the play when they were the ball slipped out of his hands, he scrambled for it but he ended up getting sacked. I almost cried. :)

#19   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:54 PM

Correction to something earlier, it was 2nd and 1, but after two Grossman slips and fumbles, it was 4th and 23. That was the turning point to the game for the (up until that point) successful offense.

#20   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:34 AM

So, what are all you guyses favorite commercials? They're so much more interesting than the actual game.

I like the hitchhiker one, as well as the slap one. All the rest were just...average.

#21   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:36 PM

I liked the David Letterman/Oprah ten second spot. Because they hate each other, and I found it funny.

#22   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:17 PM

I loved the hitchhiker one, and the one with the men in that language class for beer. I've seen better commercials in previous years though. The whole Super Bowl was just average to me this year, though.

#23   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:47 PM

If the Bears had won, it would have been a stupendous Super Bowl for me. But since they lost, I'm just meh.

Apparently all the people watching the game in HD were disappointed because being able to see every single raindrop actually interfered with their game-viewing. Poor rich people and their high definition.

#24   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:11 PM

I watched a few mins of the game in HD. I didn't see much of the rain, but then again my eyesight is horrible. :(

I didn't really care who won, because Indy beat the Pats and the Bears beat the Pats last time we faced them in the bowl (around the 70s). I can hold grudges for a long time. :P

#25   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:44 PM

Hey, rumours are flying about either one of the two formidable Eagles quarterbacks coming to Chicago. McNabb will probably be resigned, but even Jeff Garcia would be an improvement over Grossman.

#26   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:16 PM

I personally can't stand the Eagles (I kind of live in their immediate fanbase areas), so hearing them on the news everyday is pretty annoying. I hope McNabb leaves them, cause i'm sick of hearing about him every time he loses a game, falls and breaks a bone, or just wants to complain.

Garcia on the other hand, I have lost all respect for since he left the Lions and became another Eagles star for them to brag about. I don't really care much about either of them now, but if one must go, i'd choose McNabb.

#27   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:17 PM

McNabb in Chicago? That would be huge because if there's one thing that McNabb has that Garcia doesn't, it's the big arm. Perfect for those long hookups with Berrian.

#28   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                          • Joined: 28-January 04
                                                          • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 11 February 2007 - 04:07 PM

hmm, never watched the Super Bowl in my life. American football has recently landed in Grenada (many people at my college are beginning to play it for some reason x.x)

Only those hyperactive kids though lol...

Anyway, watching those commercials on youtube, I enjoyed the wedding commercial the most. Also, the Coke commercial wasn't funny, but was nice though.

Page 1 of 1
                                                          • You cannot start a new topic
                                                          • You cannot reply to this topic