Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rate An Album Try your hand as an entertainment journalist!

#1   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:13 PM

Alright, the title pretty much says it all on this topic. However, rather than simply giving your short opinion on an album, these reviews should be more structured and actually helpful. The criteria?

Make sure your review is at least 100 words. This isn't really much, but it gives the reader an idea of what the music style is like and what your opinion of the album is. Also, make sure you've been listening to or have owned the reviewed album for at least two weeks. If you don't know the album, what's the point in giving a review?

This topic is designed to get members to help other members understand and come to like each other's musical tastes. Also, it gives everyone a chance to show their love for a particular album and artist.

Alright, let's see what someone comes up with. I'll put a few in myself, of course. Enjoy.

#2   Caael 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:53 AM

Train Of Thought- Dream Theater

Favourite album of all time.

You can tell each song wasn't just thrown together for the sake of making money. For these guys, writing songs is what they do. They do an awesome job of it. Crazy guitar solos, insane drumming, awesome lyrics. A very heavy feel to it, but it lightens up in a few of the songs. It's generally a very good album overall.

10/10

#3   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Members
        • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:44 PM

Two Lefts Don't Make A Right...But Three Do - Relient K

Besides having an irritatingly long title, this album rocks. It's probably my favorite out of all of them. I can't really pick a favorite track, or even 4 of them. Everything seems to fit together no matter how random the subject matter. They delve into everything from amusement parks to forest fires to God. The heavier tracks like Forward Motion, Trademark, and From End to End really, rock, while the lighter ones like Getting into You and Gibberish are fun. The throwaway track is...weird, and the "hidden track" at the end of Jefferson Aero Plane is great. Speaking of Jefferson Aero Plane, it's one of my favorite closers, right behind Deathbed. The rest of the songs are great, creating an awesome listening experience.

BTW, I fell asleep to the last 4 tracks and woke up to the first 6 or so for over 3 months, and I still love it.

9.7 - Near perfect.

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic