A Mega Letdown They killed a legend.

#1   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:I've got hobby A.D.D.
    • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 28 July 2007 - 08:08 PM

Thanks to Escout, I was informed of the new Megaman "Starforce" anime that is now available to watch in English on Toonami Jetstream. But don't waste your time; the show is a total let down.

Many say that the NT Warrior (Rockman.exe) series was the beginning of the end. Personally, I would disagree, but that's 'cause I'm partial to the series (seeing as it was what caught my interest in it.) Nevertheless, Ladies and Gentlemen, the blue bomber has been shot.

Megaman Starforce (Also known as Ryuusei no Rockman) consists of horrible animation art and horribly cliched plots. It's almost as if they ran out of time to come up with new ideas springing off the NT warrior series.

Similarities:
    >Same generic "Metaur" virus
    >Main character's father is a Scientist
    >Main character's first "Friends" are a popular girl, a nerd and a fat bully
    >PET like device
    >Battle-chip like things.
    >Everything is networked, (or rather, raidowave'd, for lack of better word)

Cons:
    >HORRIBLE artwork
    >Grotesquely uncreative Ideas, ie "invasion from outerspace"
    >Generic childish tone
    >Does not carry on any of the original names (Bass, Protoman, Roll, Rush, etc)

Pros:
    >It's diferent from all the other megaman series.

But in fact, it is so different from the other megaman series, that I don't even know how they can call it Megaman! Personally, I think this is a disgrace to the Blue Bomber legend and an embarassment to all it's fans. Capcom has been able to keep fans hooked with every new series they've come up with since 1987, from the origninal, to X series, to Zero, to Legends... Why such a crappy letdown?

But then again, I've only seen the first episode in an english dub. I tried watching it a few times on youtube (with a Japanese sub) and even then I lost interest after the first five minutes. I'm going to give it two more chances, but trust me, I'm certianly not holding my breath.

#2   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
      • Interests:.5% per annum.
      • AKA Spam King

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:25 PM

http://www.siliconera.com/news/0612/rockman10.jpg

Megaman sucks anyway. :P

#3   Folcon 

• Master Adept
        • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
        • AKA escout

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:06 PM

How dare you say that Split.

@Icy - And it is only the first episode. And of course there are simerlarities from Battle Network. It's set a few hundred years after Battle Network. And supposedly, this Omegasis character can fuse with the main character and that is how Megaman appears. And again, it is the first episode.

#4   Folcon 

• Master Adept
          • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
          • AKA escout

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:17 PM

lightningstar, episode two is up, and it is better than one. Go watch it and see.

Page 1 of 1
          • You cannot start a new topic
          • You cannot reply to this topic