• You cannot reply to this topic

Your World Order

#1   Eugine 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:58 PM

So, lets say you have dominion over Earth (President or King of Earth?), and you can steer the world (or your country if you wish) in any direction. How would it be?

Would you establish Democracy or Communism? Fight world poverty and illiteracy or go to the moon? Put religion or science in your government? etc. etc.

I myself will fight for democracy (even if it results in me getting voted out eventually) throughout the world. Fight world poverty, but still try for mankind to be spacebearing, and finally... put science ahead of religion in the governemnt.

#2   Folcon 

• Master Adept
      • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
      • AKA escout

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:19 PM

Interesting idea.

I would have democracy in my world, but with things like Socalized medacene. I'd work towards a better tomorrow by trying toget rid of poverty, but that's a big job. I'd also put the world on track towards getting into deep space and meeting other life out there. As for religion or scince in the govt., a little of collum A and a little from collum B.

But wait, If I'm ruler of the world, wouldn't that make it a dictatorship, and not a democracy? Come to think of it, I wouldn't want that knid of power. Power corrupts.

#3   Wiflewood 

• Disciple
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:50 PM

Totallitarian dictatorship. My billions of slaves would work a 20 hour day to build me giant castles of gold and temples and shrines honouring my glory. I would be a god amongst men, above the law, above such petty things as money. People would pray to me and worship me, and donate offerings of jewels and precious metals to me. My private army of rutheless assassins would hunt out betrayal and heresy, and traitors and heretics would be burned at the stake broadcast live on TV all around the world to deter such ideals. Worship and dedication to me would be absolute law, punishable by death. All ideas, plans and ventures would go through me. Nothing would be allowed without my express permission, and a great deal of gold. I would use money to research into more deadly weapons and robotics, and eventually take command of a giant robot army to enforce my rule, so that no one would ever dare rise against me.

:rolleyes:

#4   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
          • AKA Me111

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:58 PM

I let Civilization work out my strategy. :rolleyes:
          To be honest, I really don't think I could handle it. 6 billion people expecting one guy to help all of them? I'd just tell them not to kill each other or me.

#5   Nosferatu 

• Master Adept
            • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:04 PM

View PostEugine, on Aug 30 2007, 01:58 PM, said:

So, lets say you have dominion over Earth (President or King of Earth?), and you can steer the world (or your country if you wish) in any direction. How would it be?

Right. Not left.

View PostWiflewood, on Aug 30 2007, 02:50 PM, said:

Totallitarian dictatorship. My billions of slaves would work a 20 hour day to build me giant castles of gold and temples and shrines honouring my glory. I would be a god amongst men, above the law, above such petty things as money. People would pray to me and worship me, and donate offerings of jewels and precious metals to me. My private army of rutheless assassins would hunt out betrayal and heresy, and traitors and heretics would be burned at the stake broadcast live on TV all around the world to deter such ideals. Worship and dedication to me would be absolute law, punishable by death. All ideas, plans and ventures would go through me. Nothing would be allowed without my express permission, and a great deal of gold. I would use money to research into more deadly weapons and robotics, and eventually take command of a giant robot army to enforce my rule, so that no one would ever dare rise against me.

Damnit. Have you been invading my thoughts? But you did forget sacrificing. You cannot be a god without some sacrifices in honour of you.

#6   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
              • Group: Admin

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:14 PM

I am Big Brother. I am your soul. I am everywhere. If you talk, look, or even think in the wrong way, the Thought Police will come to silence you. Endless torture. No self thoughts, no opinions, no will.

Big Brother. I am Big Brother.

But no seriously - as much as 1984 rocks and all, I'd probably follow in the vein of what escout said. Democracy, but also have certain things provided by the government - universal healthcare chief among them. I'd also favor communal ownership for things like farms and factories that provide the fundamental work in society for everyone else to live on. I'd also make sure to tax the wealthy and constantly disperse funds into renovating public services, such as schools, roads, and also such things as medical research and alternative fuels.

#7   Ironsight 

• Loose cannon Cop with nothing to lose
                • AKA Darksword

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:38 AM

Id build an island. Become king of my island. Kill anybody that tries o enter without my permission. Then id buy all the skittles in the world and put them in an olympic swiming pool. then swim in the pool. :D

#8   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                  • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:30 AM

View PostWiflewood, on Aug 30 2007, 11:50 PM, said:

:D

I can't wait for that world!

#9   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                    • AKA watch

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:05 AM

I would pretty much follow the way Australia does things. It works, and there aren't many major flaws in the system, like America's healthcare (Go Michael Moore).
                    I would not enforce religion on people because that only leads to contempt.

Page 1 of 1
                    • You cannot start a new topic
                    • You cannot reply to this topic