Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ps2 Vs. Gamecube Vs. X-box

Poll: PS2 Vs. Gamecube Vs. X-Box

Which was the better system?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Which system did you like the most?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1   Drizzy Drake 

• God
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:46 PM

Well seeing as the new systems are all out, and the old systems are basically at the end of their runs, or are already done, I decided to make a poll to see which system did you think was the best, and which did you like the most, because the answers may differ.

I myself picked PS2 for each, and I have all three so it isn't just because I have only one. The PS2 had a way better selection of games, and that is why I picked it for both, bar none. Yes the Gamecub had the Nintendo classics, but that's about it, and the X-Box had Halo and a good online service, but still Halo was the only good exclusive, IMO, so that's why I didn't pick it.

#2   Eugine 

• Master Adept
      • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:48 PM

The PS2 was my favourite system, but what exactly do you mean by better system?
      In terms of graphics Xbox was the best, affordability GC and game selection PS2.

The PS2 is the main reason why I have fate in the PS3. I can't wait for Sony to surprise the world once again :ph34r:

#3   Drizzy Drake 

• God
        • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:50 PM

View Post.eugine, on Jan 13 2008, 08:48 PM, said:

The PS2 was my favourite system, but what exactly do you mean by better system?
        In terms of graphics Xbox was the best, affordability GC and game selection PS2.

The PS2 is the main reason why I have fate in the PS3. I can't wait for Sony to surprise the world once again :ph34r:

Best system, by that I mean, if they were all the same price, which would you have bought, but I guess that also goes by favourite. Crap I don`t know how to explain it. Just what system was the best overall. I don`t know. Take it to mean whatever you wan`t. But yes, what system was the best overall.

EDIT-Okay I kind of found a way to explain it. Say for example your favourite system was the Gamecube, because the game you liked were the Nintendo games, or party games, but you thought the PS2 was the better system because of it`s game selection, or the X-Box was the better system because of it`s online abilities, and the ability to save games, movies and songs on it.

#4   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
          • AKA watch

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:03 PM

Which was the better system? I say Ps2 because of the mad game selection, but you could Mod a Xbox so well I was almost tempted to buy one.

#5   Drizzy Drake 

• God
            • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:48 PM

View Postwatch, on Jan 13 2008, 09:03 PM, said:

Which was the better system? I say Ps2 because of the mad game selection, but you could Mod a Xbox so well I was almost tempted to buy one.

That is the only reason I even bought an X-Box, was because of the mods, and well Halo. ANd not haveing to pay for X-Box live because XBC was just as good, if not better than X-Box live.

#6   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
              • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
              • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:30 PM

I consider the PS2 to be the best of it's generation, and even though I got the GC, I liked the Xbox the most. Xbox didn't JUST have Halo, it also had Halo 2, Mech Assult: Lone Wolf, and a few others. Plus, it was the most powerful, and had a great online setup.
              The PS2 had a lot of games that I wanted (and still want), plus, the PS2 slim was the most portable and just plain looked cool.
              The GameCube was the easiest to haul around though imo, and there were games that I couldn't live without (for lack of a better term), like SSBM, FE:PoR, and Paper Mario: TYD. It was also by FAR the most durable. However, I always wanted an Xbox and a PS2, an the PS2 just had the best selection.

#7   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                • Group: Moderator
                • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:04 PM

PS2 was probably the best. Liked Xbox the most.

#8   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                  • AKA Me111

Posted 14 January 2008 - 12:10 AM

PS2. You can't argue with the great games it had.

#9   Laharl 

• Banned
                    • Interests:research it
                    • AKA Dullahan

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:36 AM

only the most zealois of fanboys can deny the PS2 was miles better than the other two and completely owned them in the console war

#10   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                      • AKA Me111

Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:56 AM

Neither matched it in terms of quality games. Gamecube had some but nowhere near as many as PS2. It also had some real clangers, but you've just got to put up with that.

#11   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                        • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:55 AM

Well, I didn't vote, but overall for the standard gamer, I believe PS2 was the best console. However, for ME the GameCube was definitely the best.

#12   Caael 

• Master Adept
                          • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 14 January 2008 - 01:44 PM

Gamecube is my favourite, and PS2 is the best.

The original xbox was underrated greatly; about 1 in 10 gamers would have had the xbox, about 3/10 would have had a GC and 6/10 would have had a PS2.

#13   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                            • Interests:.5% per annum.
                            • AKA Spam King

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:15 PM

PS2 all the way. Best graphics, most of the best games, best controller, the first console with support for media; Sony totally nailed this console war.

#14   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                              • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:04 PM

View PostSpam King, on Jan 14 2008, 03:15 PM, said:

PS2 all the way. Best graphics, most of the best games, best controller, the first console with support for media; Sony totally nailed this console war.

And yet now it looks like it will be the complete opisite this generation, with Nintendo coming out on top, Microsoft still in the middle, and Sony loseing. No matter how much I like Sony, it looks like the PS3 will lose this generation.

#15   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:18 PM

Nintendo coming out on top, Microsoft still in the middle, and Sony loseing

I beg to differ. Suprisingly, Xbox 360's have only doubled the amount of PS3s, and Wiis are only 2million in front of 360. But you cant really blame Nintendo for being desperate for money with the failure of the GC and all. The Wii is bollocks for games. It's all ' super party' this and ' happy fun adventure' that. 360 has none of that, it's a proper gamer machine.

#16   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                  • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:22 PM

The 360 has only double the PS3's, and it's been out for a year longer, so that kind of evens it out. I guess.

And the fact that Wii is winnig suprises me, and yet doesn't at the same time.

#17   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                    • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:36 PM

Um, the PS2 wasn't the most powerful system in terms of specs.
                                    Xbox > GC > PS2 > Dreamcast. I think that's it, but I'm confident the PS2 wasn't the most powerful system.
                                    In any case, the specs weren't really superior... Most games looked good or bad depending on the developer and artistic style.

And Sony will win this generation. Mark my words ^_~

#18   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:28 PM

If the Wii didn't have all that 'wider audience' crap and stayed true to its gamers, it wouldnt have sold half as much. But thats an no-brainer really.

Eug, you're kidding yourself there a bit. Rules of console war: You cant win twice in a row. For every great achievement, theres always a failure afterwards.

Plus PS3's dont appeal to a very wide range. They're not marketed at kids at all, as all parents arent going to want their kid having a £350 games console, they'd much rather their kid have a £150 console. There's just not much going for sony this time. The theme this time around is ' wider range of audiences' which I think the 360 accomplishes best. Yes, I know the wii has the most audiences, but the 360 remains true to the hardcore gamers, but appeals to the kiddies as well with the arcade console.

#19   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                        • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:34 PM

View PostEarth Dude, on Jan 14 2008, 06:28 PM, said:

Eug, you're kidding yourself there a bit. Rules of console war: You cant win twice in a row. For every great achievement, theres always a failure afterwards.

Like DVD won against Laser-Disc but will get pwned by Blue-Ray.

And didn't the PS1 win against the N64. I believe it sold more, and had a GREAT selection of games. FF7-9, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Metal Gear Solid, Sukoden, a billion other RPG's.

#20   Toasty 

• Location:The toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:40 PM

Eugine, the ONLY way the PS3 will win, is if it drops it's price even MORE, and actually gets some decent exclusives. Most of the good games that it has available are also available on the 360, which is cheaper.

The way I see it, is that the lower end (in power) system usually does the best. Mainly because it was designed to do EXACTLY what it's supposed to do, and since it's "slower" than you can get better quality parts for a lower price. Makeing it more reliable and cheaper.

That, and exclusives.

But I hate that Nintendo has a crapload of "Super Happy Innovative Titles." The ONLY title of that kind that I've liked (and it only slightly fits the description), is Brain Age 2 for the DS, and that's IT.

The Wii needs more than one or two decent shooters, and DEFINATELY needs some good RPG's. It already has SMG and TP for adventure/action games, though it could still use more.

The Wii is cheap with a few good titles, the 360 is more expensive with quite a few good titles, and the PS3 is STILL over-priced, with few GOOD games that aren't already available on the 360, or even Wii.

Also, Sony cares absolutely NOTHING for it's consumers. Otherwise, it would REALLY do something about the problems that arouse in it's systems, and actually ask a decent price for their merchandise.

@Skidz: The N64 had SSB, SM64, DKR, and a number of other good games. It only lacked RPG's and shooters. But, I did like the PS1.

View PostSpam King, on Jan 14 2008, 12:15 PM, said:

GC's controller was by FAR better. It fit in your hand like a Ferrari fit's in Itally. Same goes for the Wii controller, but the 360's is a close second. The PS2's/3's controller just feels unnatural in comparison.

#21   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                            • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                            • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:17 PM

You sure like to use capital words a lot. I agree with most of what you say, anyway.

#22   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                              • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:45 PM

I was waiting for someone to reply, I'm in a need of some good ole Sony defending lol... Brings back memories ^_~
                                              I'm not gonna include the Wii cuz it's in a different league (smaller one btw ^_~)

View PostDude of Wind, on Jan 15 2008, 07:40 PM, said:

Eugine, the ONLY way the PS3 will win, is if it drops it's price even MORE, and actually gets some decent exclusives. Most of the good games that it has available are also available on the 360, which is cheaper.
                                              The price of the PS3 is the same as an Xbox Elite, so the price point is pretty mute now... The PS3 offers more tech for the price also, so um... next point x3. Oh and blu-ray has pretty much won the HD war, so expect more people to pick up the PS3 for the hidef movie viewing.
                                              And um, the PS3 has great exclusives imo. It's a matter of preference I guess...
                                              Oh and btw, most developers are starting to focus on the PS3 then port to the 360 cuz it's easier that way, and lol, the PS3 is starting to receive more attention cuz of the HD. Like, GTA4 will perform better on the PS3 when released and UT3 can only run mods on the PS3 not 360.

The way I see it, is that the lower end (in power) system usually does the best. Mainly because it was designed to do EXACTLY what it's supposed to do, and since it's "slower" than you can get better quality parts for a lower price. Makeing it more reliable and cheaper.
                                              The PS was more high-tech than the 64. But yeah, you used the safety word 'usually' lol... Nice.

But I hate that Nintendo has a crapload of "Super Happy Innovative Titles." The ONLY title of that kind that I've liked (and it only slightly fits the description), is Brain Age 2 for the DS, and that's IT.

The Wii needs more than one or two decent shooters, and DEFINATELY needs some good RPG's. It already has SMG and TP for adventure/action games, though it could still use more.
                                              The Wii is the most fun system, and my personal favourite but I see the PS3 outpacing it in everything soon.

Also, Sony cares absolutely NOTHING for it's consumers. Otherwise, it would REALLY do something about the problems that arouse in it's systems, and actually ask a decent price for their merchandise.
                                              What exactly are you talking about? ^___^
                                              I dunno, I think I got my fanatics from my pops cuz most of my appliances are Sony (except my PC), and they last really long dude. Sony = Durability

GC's controller was by FAR better. It fit in your hand like a Ferrari fit's in Itally. Same goes for the Wii controller, but the 360's is a close second. The PS2's/3's controller just feels unnatural in comparison.
                                              Matter of opinion man. I think the PS2 had the best controller, and most polls point towards the PS2 in preference, but it's all a matter of opinion (and um, the larger fanbase can influence votes). I actually find the PS3 controller to fit most comfortably.

Yeah, your post was way too long to reply fully... I would have taken the entire night ^___^.

#23   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:48 PM

.eugine is now my favourite member here. I loved the PS1/2/3 controller. The X-Box controller(the fat one, not the small one) was the WORST controller ever made.

#24   redchi 

• Gallant
                                                • PipPipPip
                                                  • Group: Members

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:57 PM

i love the ps2 alot ^^

#25   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                                    • Location:Sydney, Australia
                                                    • AKA watch

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:01 PM

I love it how everyone is still bringing up the 'Omgz, lawl, t3h Ps3 is so expeni$ve', when the 40gb version is the same, if not slightly cheaper then the middle tier 360. At least that's how it is in Australia, hell I'm thinking of selling my DS and Wii and getting a Ps3. The Wii has alot of good games, but hardly any great games.

#26   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                      • Location:Fuck you stalker
                                                      • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:02 PM

Well if you had to chose between a PS3 and a 360, definetly get the PS3. Ya the exclusives aren't GREAT now, but the line up is looknig awsome. Metal Gear, Devil May Cry, FF, Gran Turismo, GTA.

#27   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                                        • AKA watch

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:10 PM

I would choose the Ps3 because of the superior hardware (same arguement people used againest the Ps2 when they bought a Xbox), and because the Ps2 was a better console then any of the Nintendo consoles I have ever owned.
                                                        Plus, I just really dislike Microsoft in gaming.

#28   Fury 

• Lord
                                                        • PipPipPipPip
                                                          • Location:The Darkest Corner In Space
                                                          • Interests:Full Metal Alchemist<br /><br />Final Fantasy<br /><br />Fire Emblem<br /><br />Golden Sun<br /><br />Maybe drawing<br />(not that good)<br /><br />Naruto<br /><br />Bleach<br /><br />Ice cream<br /><br />Rocky I, II, III, IV, &amp; V
                                                          • AKA EarthAdept

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:47 PM

I picked PS2 for both. GC was good but I recently got an Xbox and think its better then GC. Sony has always been my favorite.

#29   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                            • Joined: 21-July 04
                                                            • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:59 PM

View PostSkidzorz, on Jan 15 2008, 05:48 PM, said:

.eugine is now my favourite member here. I loved the PS1/2/3 controller. The X-Box controller(the fat one, not the small one) was the WORST controller ever made.

It's a preference, people. I personally like the 360 controller way more than the Dual Shock/Sixaxis controller. The Sixaxis controller is tiny and awkward in my hands. It's clearly made for Asian hands which I assume are small. :P

Really, 360 vs. PS3 is funny. The 360 has been around a lot longer than the PS3 in which was the last console to be released this generation. When you buy a console, you should be thinking about the exclusives. The 360 has way more selection than the PS3 albeit it might not have a variety. Rofl. What does the PS3 have as far as exclusives? It has Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Ratchet and Clank, and Heavenly Sword. Those are the best exclusives to this date. So have fun playing your three games.

So far my favorite console has been the Wii this generation. =X

#30   Ironsight 

• Loose cannon Cop with nothing to lose
                                                              • Joined: 22-March 07
                                                              • Location:Segmentum Obscurus
                                                              • AKA Darksword

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:00 PM

I never heard millions of complaints about broken PS3s.

#31   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:03 PM

I've heard something about overheating PS3s which Sony basically said "no it dosnt".

There's more fuel to the fire of "Sony doesn't care about their consumers". Also, Kutaragi was an asshat. Don't know about the new guy.

#32   Fury 

• Lord
                                                                • PipPipPipPip
                                                                  • Joined: 11-July 04
                                                                  • Interests:Full Metal Alchemist<br /><br />Final Fantasy<br /><br />Fire Emblem<br /><br />Golden Sun<br /><br />Maybe drawing<br />(not that good)<br /><br />Naruto<br /><br />Bleach<br /><br />Ice cream<br /><br />Rocky I, II, III, IV, &amp; V
                                                                  • AKA EarthAdept

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:11 PM

Why would you only pick a console for its exclusives?

#33   Ironsight 

• Posts: 4,998
                                                                    • Gender:Male
                                                                    • AKA Darksword

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:13 PM

PS1 was my first console, so that makes me Sony cultist by default.

#34   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                      • Posts: 8,895
                                                                      • Joined: 28-January 04
                                                                      • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:14 PM

I'll like to have a link to that x.x

Anyway, um, yeah, like I mentioned in my previous post the Wii is my personal favourite currently, but I see the PS3 outpacing it soon. I see myself getting a Wii when Brawl is released.
                                                                      My cousin has a PS3, and I really like it. He has Ninja Gaiden: Sigma, Resistance and the rest are sports which I do not care for, but it was really fun to play with. I found the controller to be less appealing than the DS2, but it was better than the Xbox and um, I'm indifferent to the Wii. I've only played OoTP on the Wii, so I guess I shouldn't form an opinion on it.

#35   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:15 PM

I can't see the PS3 outclassing the Wii in ALL aspects. The Wii is practicly a league of its own.

#36   Fury 

• Lord
                                                                        • PipPipPipPip
                                                                          • Posts: 252
                                                                          • AKA EarthAdept

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:25 PM

As far as I know, the only Wii games that I'd get are Fire Emblem and that Mario fighting game. Nothing else looks good. The Wii may be a better overall console, but I think the GC is better because of the games.

#37   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                            • Posts: 11,988
                                                                            • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:49 PM

View Post.eugine, on Jan 15 2008, 08:14 PM, said:

I'll like to have a link to that x.x

http://kotaku.com/gaming/sony/sony-says-wh...blem-205382.php

Exclusives should definitely be the deciding factor when you purchase a console. Did you see me saying only?

#38   Toasty 

• Posts: 12,421
                                                                              • Joined: 04-April 06

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:59 PM

View Post.eugine, on Jan 15 2008, 05:45 PM, said:

I was waiting for someone to reply, I'm in a need of some good ole Sony defending lol... Brings back memories ^_~
                                                                              I'm not gonna include the Wii cuz it's in a different league (smaller one btw ^_~)
                                                                              The price of the PS3 is the same as an Xbox Elite, so the price point is pretty mute now... The PS3 offers more tech for the price also, so um... next point x3. Oh and blu-ray has pretty much won the HD war, so expect more people to pick up the PS3 for the hidef movie viewing.
                                                                              And um, the PS3 has great exclusives imo. It's a matter of preference I guess...
                                                                              Oh and btw, most developers are starting to focus on the PS3 then port to the 360 cuz it's easier that way, and lol, the PS3 is starting to receive more attention cuz of the HD. Like, GTA4 will perform better on the PS3 when released and UT3 can only run mods on the PS3 not 360.

The PS was more high-tech than the 64. But yeah, you used the safety word 'usually' lol... Nice.

The Wii is the most fun system, and my personal favourite but I see the PS3 outpacing it in everything soon.

What exactly are you talking about? ^___^
                                                                              I dunno, I think I got my fanatics from my pops cuz most of my appliances are Sony (except my PC), and they last really long dude. Sony = Durability

Matter of opinion man. I think the PS2 had the best controller, and most polls point towards the PS2 in preference, but it's all a matter of opinion (and um, the larger fanbase can influence votes). I actually find the PS3 controller to fit most comfortably.

Yeah, your post was way too long to reply fully... I would have taken the entire night ^___^.

Heh, true. That'd would've taken a while. Most of things are a matter of opinion, but what I mean about Sony not caring about their consumers, and their systems haveing problems, I'm refering to the videogame market. I've got a Sony CD/DVD drive for my PC that hasn't given me any problems since it was installed, and our 5 disk DVD player has worked fine since we got it as well.

But when people complain about problems with videogame systems to them, they're treated harshly, almost as if they were insulting sony's religion or something. And the origional PS3's had quite a few problems, and the PSP's had a few as well. From my experience, Ninty's NEVER had any problems at all. When I was in an EB Games a year or so back, and they had a PS3 (the origional PS3), and a Wii. The Wii was still working from the month before (last visit), and the PS3 had apparently only been there for two weeks. The Wii was played FAR more often, yet the PS3 was broken.

I'd also like to point out that until recently, almost every VG store I entered had a broken PS3 and a working Wii on display. Heck, I've only occasionally encountered broken 360's on display, and they're famous for haveing problems. However, I'll admit, the newer PS3's are less buggy.

View PostFury, on Jan 15 2008, 08:11 PM, said:

Why would you only pick a console for its exclusives?

Lol. Sorry, but I found that funny. Why buy a console 'just because it's powerful' or 'just because it's cheap?'. You buy it mostly for the games, and then what fits you're preference/budget. Otherwise, you're going to hate the console, and it'll be a waste of money.

#39   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                                • Posts: 8,290
                                                                                • Joined: 21-December 07
                                                                                • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:14 PM

I've never seen a store here with a defective PS3.

@ Fury-Buying a system because it's more powerfull is plain stupid. I bought the PS3 because I like the games coming ut for it, not because it is the more powerfull system. That's like buying the Dreamcast because it was powerfull, even though it sucked beyond all belief, with like 2 good exclusives.

#40   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                                                                  • Posts: 8,730
                                                                                  • Joined: 09-June 06
                                                                                  • Location:England

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:20 PM

I bought 360 because it's popular, loads of my mates have one and the games on it are just right for me. I cant see myself having a PS3 in the space of my 360 at all, the 360 is just the console for me.

#41   Toasty 

Posted 16 January 2008 - 07:19 PM

I know a lot of people who have 360's, and if I had more cash, I might get one because of the multiplayer capabilities. Plus, all the games I want are on either the Wii, 360, or PS2. Except for Ratchet & Clank Future.

#42   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                                      • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 16 January 2008 - 07:29 PM

Devil May Cry 4 will be awsome, if it's anything liek the other games. The new Metal Gear will most likely be good, and FF13 will be awsome.

#43   Fury 

• Lord
                                                                                      • PipPipPipPip
                                                                                        • AKA EarthAdept

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:33 PM

I'm just saying that exclusives shouldn't matter when buying a console. The games are obvisouly important, but if you buy a system solely for its exclusives, thats just dumb.

#44   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                                          • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:36 PM

What would you buy a console for. In all reality the graphics difference from the Wii to the 360 isn't enough to make you not want the Wii. And the small difference between the 360 and the PS3 wouldn't make you not want a 360.

How do you base your descision? How nice it looks, what is "cool"?

#45   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                            • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:42 PM

Yeah, I really don't understand why you say buying a console solely for it's exclusives is dumb. What do you buy game consoles for? Games, right? I certainly wouldn't buy a PS3 for it's ability to store pictures. If you want it for the Blu-Ray I guess that makes sense, but honestly there's going to be cheaper Blu-Ray players than the PS3 soon if there isn't already.

I'm really not getting you on the exclusives thing.

#46   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                                              • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:44 PM

View PostWind Dude, on Jan 16 2008, 09:42 PM, said:

Yeah, I really don't understand why you say buying a console solely for it's exclusives is dumb. What do you buy game consoles for? Games, right? I certainly wouldn't buy a PS3 for it's ability to store pictures. If you want it for the Blu-Ray I guess that makes sense, but honestly there's going to be cheaper Blu-Ray players than the PS3 soon if there isn't already.

I'm really not getting you on the exclusives thing.

Ya, like I got the PS3, cause ya I do like e Blu-Ray ability, and to store stuff, but the main reason was exclusives. I don't see why somebdoy would buy a Wii because it is cheaper, if they HATE Mario, Zelda, and Metroid.

#47   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:11 PM

Yeah, who's really going to say "I hate all Nintendo exlusives, but I'll buy the Wii because the motion sensing thing is nifty and I like the way it glows blue when I put the disks in!"

If Fury could justify buying consoles just for exclusives that'd be great. Which he seems to have something in mind behind that.

#48   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:21 PM

The PS2 had a good long run, with some good games under its belt. The XBox came out much later, but had lots of great games, and was much more advanced. MY PS2 barely works, since it's one of those first edition ones, and my XBox hasn't busted yet (albiet I got it a quiet a while after it came out).
                                                                                                  Favorite: PS2
                                                                                                  Better: XBox

#49   Fury 

• Lord
                                                                                                  • PipPipPipPip
                                                                                                    • AKA EarthAdept

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:19 AM

Quote

If Fury could justify buying consoles just for exclusives that'd be great. Which he seems to have something in mind behind that.

The only console that has a large number of exclusives is the Wii since Xbox 360 and PS3 share alot of the same titles. If you were to buy a console solely on what exclusives it has, you might as well get a Wii. I bet I could look at a list of all the games on PS3 and Xbox and most likely over half the list would have the same titles. When you buy a console the games should matter(among other things) but not what exclusives it has, espically since the Wii is the only one that has any real exclusives.

#50   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                      • Posts: 3,165
                                                                                                      • Joined: 10-October 04
                                                                                                      • AKA watch

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:31 AM

Fury has a point, I feel that since Square Enix is now doing games for both 360 and Ps3 (And Wii if you cound the new FF for it), that exclusives don't really exist anymore.

#51   Kuchiyose 

• Berserker
                                                                                                      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                        • Posts: 540
                                                                                                        • Joined: 25-December 07
                                                                                                        • Location:UK
                                                                                                        • Interests:I enjoy watching anime (Naruto, FMA, One Piece, Elfin Lied etc). I also enjoy flash animating. If you want to know me more just send me a message and if you want to add me onto msn just ask (prefer it that way). <br /><br />Of course I'm a gamer, I like mainly Nintendo games but I also like Microsoft and Sony's. My faves are: Golden Sun 1 and 2, Jump Ultimate Star, Naruto class of Ninja, Metroid prime 1, 2 and 3, Legend of Zelda, Bioshock, Medal of Honour etc and so on.

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:29 PM

But it comes down to one conclusion, people buy the consoles so they can pay games that they like, its usually the games that make the console, hence the reason why you buy them. So who bloody cares if ps3 is expensive, the wii has the lowest graphics compared to 360 and ps3 and 360 having random error messages (I think) overall just have fun, although I only have a wii since its the only console I could afford (and the games seem more appealing to me), but i usually play the 360 and ps3 at my mates and i think all 3 are awesome. I like bioshock, so creepy yet so coolXD

Same goes for Gamecube, Xbox and PS2

#52   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                          • Posts: 8,730
                                                                                                          • Joined: 09-June 06
                                                                                                          • Location:England

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:09 PM

Bioshock is farking scary. I cant wait until I get out of the Medical Pavillion, i'll never go back there.

#53   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                                                            • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:16 PM

I wish Bioshock would coem to PS3.

Is Square maknig FF13 for 360, or are they just making other games for the 360?

#54   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                                                                                              • Group: Admin
                                                                                                              • Posts: 6,607
                                                                                                              • Joined: 28-March 04
                                                                                                              • Location:New York City, Boston

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:24 PM

No idea, but create a topic about Square-Enix's games if you want, let's get back on topic.

PS2 was the obvious king of last generation. Even myself, who only owns/played Gamecube, admits to that, and I have promised myself to buy a PS2 to play all the games I missed out on.

#55   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                                                                • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:27 PM

I'd HIGHLY recomend:

.Hack 1-4, and the GU series 1-3
                                                                                                                Kingdom Hearts 1-2
                                                                                                                RPG Maker(It's a really good game)
                                                                                                                Devil May Cry 1-3 (3 was definetly the best)
                                                                                                                FFX

#56   Toasty 

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:42 PM

@GL: Ditto. I'd get the Ratchet and Clank games too though.

#57   Fury 

• Lord
                                                                                                                  • PipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                    • AKA EarthAdept

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:09 AM

I played almost every PS2 game. I'm still looking for .hack//vol.2.

#58   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                                                                      • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:27 PM

View PostMe111, on Jan 19 2008, 04:15 PM, said:

It's a bit early to say nothing's coming out. After all it's only January.

The 2nd game, in my opinion, was kind of a filler game.

I would recomend the GU games over the original series any day. But it's liek playing Chrono Cross, and not palying Chrono Trigger. You can play the game just fine, but soem of the story line, you will be like "wtf" if you haven't played the original series. Well, I guess you could play even just Infection, and still understand almsot everything.

#59   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                                                                                        • Posts: 11,279
                                                                                                                        • Joined: 16-December 05
                                                                                                                        • Location:37°48′S, 144°57′E.
                                                                                                                        • Interests:.5% per annum.
                                                                                                                        • AKA Spam King

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:46 PM

View PostDude of Wind, on Jan 16 2008, 10:40 AM, said:

I personally think the Gamecube controller feels like a giant cookie with a banana shoved through it. The buttons have too much depth, the C stick is hard to use, there's barely anything to grab on to and the overall shape is just cumbersome when compared with the sleek, symmetrical curves of the PS2 controller, with it's grippy rubber sticks, pressure sensitive buttons and common sense design. Awesome. And don't get me started on the ogre controller.

#60   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                          • Posts: 9,159
                                                                                                                          • Joined: 06-April 05
                                                                                                                          • AKA Me111

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:48 PM

I've never really had any problem with controllers, except an unofficial gamecube one that I got which didn't work.

#61   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                                                                            • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:49 PM

Nobody can say the original FAT(not the small one, but the fat one) was a good controller.

Alot of websites and magazines list it in the top 3 WORST controllers of all time, sometiems first.

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                                                            • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                                                            • You cannot reply to this topic