• You cannot reply to this topic

Favorite Puzzles?

#1   Matthias 

• Knight
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • AKA RagaKnight

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:25 AM

One sometimes frustrating yet entertaining and vital game element in the Golden Sun series are the puzzles. Do you remember any specific puzzles you liked more than others? Or perhaps you liked a dungeon more than others just because of the puzzles? Or maybe you thought Camelot could change the puzzles a bit to make it more interesting? Post them up or anything about what you thought of the puzzles here. Golden Sun 1 and 2 discussions are welcome. :D

#2   Swedishfish 

• Knight
    • PipPip

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:30 AM

Well... I would say organising the different colored statues in babi lighthouse was my favorite.

#3   Vanesa 

• New User
        • Interests:video games, rainbows, conspiracy theories, reading, writing, web design, poetry, piano, drawing, random junk that no one really cares about, songs by Avril Lavigne, taekwondo, doodling, blogging

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:19 PM

For some reason, I loved Air's Rock. I didn't use a walkthrough, I went through it all by myself. And I didn't even find the purpose of it, so I went to Garoh, did not have Reveal, and had to go through Air's Rock AGAIN when I realized Sheba was supposed to learn Reveal.

I ended up memorizing the entire puzzle.

#4   Moonear 

• Disciple
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Veterans

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:38 PM

Ugh, I absolutely hated Air's Rock. It was long and confusing. My favorite puzzle would have to be walking in the shadows in the Lunpa dungeons so that the guards wouldn't see you.

#5   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Interests:.5% per annum.
            • AKA Spam King

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:44 PM

I hated Air's Rock too. Especially when I had to go back through it to get Flora. You know, that combo summon that almost everyone misses. >_<;

#6   Vanesa 

• New User
              • Interests:video games, rainbows, conspiracy theories, reading, writing, web design, poetry, piano, drawing, random junk that no one really cares about, songs by Avril Lavigne, taekwondo, doodling, blogging

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:47 PM

View PostSplit Infinity, on Dec 21 2008, 10:44 PM, said:

I hated Air's Rock too. Especially when I had to go back through it to get Flora. You know, that combo summon that almost everyone misses. >_<;

Oh yeah! I had to go through Air's Rock a third time for that summon, only to spend two hours wondering aimlessly until I found it. >_>

#7   Ironsight 

• Loose cannon Cop with nothing to lose
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                • AKA Darksword

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:22 PM

I honestly don't remember any specific puzzles. I do remember hating how long Air's Rock was, but getting through it was no problem until I hit the part with the three pillars that you have to move to get to the other ledge near the end of the dungeon. That one gave me pause.

Actually, I do remember that feeling of satisfaction when I found out that dance those kids were doing in that one town with that Sunshine guy living there was actually the way to Lumeria.

At the time I was playing my way through this game without the knowledge that the internet had guides to these kinds of games. So I got that feel good feeling whenever I got past a puzzle.

Page 1 of 1
                • You cannot start a new topic
                • You cannot reply to this topic