• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Plot Questions why? how?

#1   el_Sethro 

• Chaos Lord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members

Posted 01 April 2004 - 06:29 PM

1) in lemuria, they say that Lunpa and Babi came there 150 years ago, yet in the prologue it says that Babi is 150 years old. did he go when he was 0?

2) if babi and lunpa are both about 150, and lunpa has a son, he must have had Donpa before he left for lemuria, when he was 0, and that means that Donpa must be 150, too!

3) how did Alex get so powerful in the first place? We know that he gets SOME of the power of Alchamy at the end of the game, but on Mercury Lighthouse, after Alex warps, Mia says that he was never that powerful before.

questions 1 and 2 were probably just overlooked by Camelot, but question 3 remains a mystery. perhaps we will learn in GS3? (please, oh please? :rolleyes: )

#2   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • AKA Horasu

Posted 01 April 2004 - 06:31 PM

Those are good questions, unlike *SOME* theories I've seen as of late. I think Alex became powerful by just training, but that's highly doubtful.

#3   Izar 

• Master Adept
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Interests:Gaming, History, Christian Music, Comedy

Posted 01 April 2004 - 08:17 PM

Yes... "SOME" Theories...

Good questions. The first two I have wondered my self. I just thought the same. Maybe they lied about their ages... Who Knows. Until GS3.

#4   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
          • Group: Admin

Posted 02 April 2004 - 08:32 PM

Hey!
          Really nice questions! I was wondering about Babi and Lemuria myself. The only remotely decent thing I could come up with is this: (yes folks, another complicated idea from me... Sorry...)

In the Prolgoue, it said Babi had lived for 150 years. It's possible that Camelot meant that Babi had lived 150 years PASSED when he should have died. Or, at the very least, 150 years passed when he traveled to Lemuria. Regardless, he met up with Lunpa and stayed in Lemuria.

So basically, I think that Camelot meant that Babi had lived for 150 years since he WENT to Lemuria.

Also note that Time passes slowly in Lemuria; that's why Babi appears much younger than his son Dodonpa!!!

Sorry...

Riad...

#5   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
            • AKA Horasu

Posted 02 April 2004 - 08:34 PM

BABI'S SON IS DODONPA?!?!

Yeah, we all knew you meant Lunpa. Great theory, I was thinking of that myself.

#6   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 02 April 2004 - 08:34 PM

Whoops!
              I AM SO SORRY FOR DOUBLE-POSTING!!!!!

I meant that Lunpa appears younger than his son Dodonpa.

Arrgh... I just realized that my theory makes less sense than usual...

Sorry once again...

Riad

#7   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
                • AKA Horasu

Posted 02 April 2004 - 08:36 PM

Heh, you didn't double post. If I didn't save you, than you would've. But use the edit button next time, and if you want people to know you've edited, but an EDIT: line by what you edited.

Another theory for Alex being so strong: He just is. Moapa was strong, and he was just human.

#8   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 02 April 2004 - 08:42 PM

Yeah, silly me...
                  Thanks for that...

I agree about Alex. We just have to accept the fact that he's strong. Who knows... Maybe traveling with Saturos and Menardi in Golden Sun and Agatio and Karst, to a point, in TLA, made him stronger. Or...
                  Here's a small theory (here we go again...)

Do you think that greed is what got him this way? He was once a healer, like Mia, in Imil. But he soon started to get selfish and read about Alchemy, etc. eventually discovering the truth about the power of the GOLDEN SUN. So what does he do? He starts to ponder why he's "wasting" his life in Imil and begins to train himself to gain great power, leading him eventually to pursue the power of Alchemy...

Yeesh... and to think some people have Writer's Block :P
                  Riad

#9   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 03 April 2004 - 05:46 PM

just put your name "Raid" in the signature. Makes it easier.

Do you think that greed is what got him this way? He was once a healer, like Mia, in Imil. But he soon started to get selfish and read about Alchemy, etc. eventually discovering the truth about the power of the GOLDEN SUN. So what does he do? He starts to ponder why he's "wasting" his life in Imil and begins to train himself to gain great power, leading him eventually to pursue the power of Alchemy...

Hmmmmmm. Maybe so... Greed can make you do a lot of things.

#10   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                      • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 03 April 2004 - 06:05 PM

ok.. I believe alex knew saturos and menardi before the story actually showed that they kneew each other dunno why. Anyways can anyone answer question 1 and 2 correctly plz

#11   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 03 April 2004 - 08:02 PM

Yeah, an Intellegent answer would be nice. Maybe it was an overlooked plot hole, huh? Beats me.

#12   Echo 

• Squire
                        • Pip
                          • Interests:GOLDEN SUN! Metroid, Mario, Computer Related Things, Megaman, Video Games, Food.

Posted 04 April 2004 - 12:23 AM

That's weird. How Alex could have learned Hover in the first place (in Star Chamber)? There's only one Hover Jade!

#13   el_Sethro 

• Chaos Lord
                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2004 - 05:03 AM

MysticWarrior, on Apr 3 2004, 02:36 AM, said:

Another theory for Alex being so strong: He just is. Moapa was strong, and he was just human.

yeah, but I doubt it. Mia said that he wasn't that strong before.

as for the hover thing, it might just be a psynergy similar to hover.

#14   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 04 April 2004 - 09:37 AM

Wait, when does Alex use Hover? I might have forgotten...
                              But of course, he possesses the power to teleport, and I honestly don't think it's due to a "Teleport Lapis". Alex's powers are just something we have to ponder and accept, for now.
                              Also, Mia said that Alex was never that strong. But how long was it since she had seen him in the first place? Okay, I really have to play GS again (I plan on replaying both games soon... i'm just sooo lazy B) But if I recall correctly, it was probably at Mercury Lighthouse where Mia had said that. And Mia probably hadn't seen Alex for quite a while, since he met up with Saturos and Menardi...

Hey, if Camelot makes a "Prologue" as GS3 (that, I believe, Agatio had suggested),some of these answers might be answered...

Sigh* I wish it would come out...

Riad

#15   mjc0961 

• Lord
                              • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2004 - 11:01 AM

MysticWarrior, on Apr 3 2004, 02:36 AM, said:

Heh, you didn't double post. If I didn't save you, than you would've. But use the edit button next time, and if you want people to know you've edited, but an EDIT: line by what you edited.

You can also check in that little box that puts the edited by person at blah time thing. B)

Also, maybe Mia just didn't know that he was that strong. B)

#16   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 06 April 2004 - 06:30 PM

That's possible too because no one ever knows another's true strength. But I still think it was either greed or traveling with Saturos and Menardi.

#17   The Lord of the Morning 

• Squire
                                  • Pip
                                    • Interests:Not in any particular order:<br /><br />Golden Sun (obviously)<br />Roleplaying<br />Dungeons and Dragons<br />Druidism<br />Enviromentalist Activism<br />Writing (my fiction novels)<br />Fantasy Fiction<br />Anime<br />Manga<br />Reading in General<br />Marine Biology<br />Classic Literature

Posted 09 April 2004 - 04:32 PM

^_^ Okay. We all know that there are some pynergies similar to each other, like Aura to Wish and Cure to Ply, as well as Gale to Whirlwind. Why couldn't Alex know a move similar to Hover. However, that raises the question: If Alex knows a technique that can be used like hover, why do Saturos and Menardi want the Shaman's Rod :joy: And Alex uses Warp, not Teleport. Warp can't transport you to any town, but doesn't need special pads like Teleport in dungeons. (Maybe a future Mercury Adept can learn this?). Alex uses a Hover-ese move in Sol Sanctum, when he hovers near Garet to take the Elemental Stars. Golden Sun Book 3 is set to come out sometime next year, supposedly. My fanfiction, currently being posted slowly but steadily on Fanfiction.Net, has all my theories as truth. Alex could be actually good but possessed by an evil spirit who wants the Stone of Sages. Or not... :( ... Anyways, someone said that Dodonpa is the son of Lunpa- Donpa is the father of Dodonpa, Lunpa is the father of Donpa. Babi and Lunpa traveled to Lemuria 150 years ago, they were probably already in their twenties or thirties by then... The Great Flood, a known event, ocurred 150 years prior to Golden Sun Book I. Also, Donpa was just born before the Travels of Babi and Lunpa, because Lunpa said he hardly knew his son.

#18 Guest_karnage_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 April 2004 - 04:42 PM

why don't you e-mail them the questions? see what they have to say about it..

#19   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 09 April 2004 - 04:49 PM

The Lord of the Morning, on Apr 9 2004, 04:32 PM, said:

^_^ Okay. We all know that there are some pynergies similar to each other, like Aura to Wish and Cure to Ply, as well as Gale to Whirlwind. Why couldn't Alex know a move similar to Hover. However, that raises the question: If Alex knows a technique that can be used like hover, why do Saturos and Menardi want the Shaman's Rod :joy:  And Alex uses Warp, not Teleport. Warp can't transport you to any town, but doesn't need special pads like Teleport in dungeons. (Maybe a future Mercury Adept can learn this?). Alex uses a Hover-ese move in Sol Sanctum, when he hovers near Garet to take the Elemental Stars. Golden Sun Book 3 is set to come out sometime next year, supposedly. My fanfiction, currently being posted slowly but steadily on Fanfiction.Net, has all my theories as truth. Alex could be actually good but possessed by an evil spirit who wants the Stone of Sages. Or not... :( ... Anyways, someone said that Dodonpa is the son of Lunpa- Donpa is the father of Dodonpa, Lunpa is the father of Donpa. Babi and Lunpa traveled to Lemuria 150 years ago, they were probably already in their twenties or thirties by then... The Great Flood, a known event, ocurred 150 years prior to Golden Sun Book I. Also, Donpa was just born before the Travels of Babi and Lunpa, because Lunpa said he hardly knew his son.

As some of this kinda knocks away. Some of this stuff was actually unfinished plot holes acidentally masde by camelot. I guess GS3 will sum everything up, that is, if it's made.

#20   Ultimate Felix 22 

• Squire
                                      • Pip

Posted 30 April 2004 - 05:28 PM

ONE MORE FLAW! In Prox when Felix looks in the pot in the igloo, he says he's never seen the meat before, but he lived in Prox for 3 years. ANSWER THAT ONE!

#21   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 30 April 2004 - 05:47 PM

Lol, I have never played TLA, so I would not know. Seems odd though...

#22   mjc0961 

• Lord
                                          • PipPipPipPip
                                            • Location:At the PC, where else would I be?

Posted 30 April 2004 - 07:39 PM

Ultimate Felix 22, on May 1 2004, 12:28 AM, said:

ONE MORE FLAW! In Prox when Felix looks in the pot in the igloo, he says he's never seen the meat before, but he lived in Prox for 3 years. ANSWER THAT ONE!

Maybe he never looked at the meat. ^_^

#23 Guest_Meatwad231_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 May 2004 - 04:12 PM

the first to i have no idea about, and they're good points, but the third one is simple, saturos says he was weakened in mercury lighthouse because water and fire are opposing elements, so alex must have been strengthened by the lighthouse because he is a water adept.

#24   el_Sethro 

• Chaos Lord
                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2004 - 05:49 PM

not this again.....
                                              alex warped in sol sanctum, before mercury lighthouse was lit. when he warps again on top of mercury lighthouse, Mia says that he didn't have that power before. becuse of the fact that he did it before the lighthouse was lit (in sol sanctum), mercury lighthouse was not the cause.

I suppose they've probably deliberately left it a mystery and that they'll answer it in GS3. they'd better, anyway....

#25   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                                • Location:New York City, Boston

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:07 PM

yeah, that's true. Probably Alex became stronger with Saturos and Menardi (we don't know how they met up...)...

and I had a topic about this, but I might as well post it here... about Going to lemuria...

Isaac and Co. never reveal ANYTHING about Lemuria and Babi...we don't even know if they knew that Lord Babi was dead! yeah...

#26   Enoch 

• Disciple
                                                  • Interests:Serving my fellow man. What greater joy is there than this?

Posted 06 May 2004 - 06:04 AM

refering to what Meatwad231 said about the light house. That idea is falty also because lighthouses only strengthen or weaken psynergys for the time that the adept is in the lighthouse, not perminantly. Saturos said he was weakened but not for good. And the same goes for everyone else that enters the lighthouse. You don't notice any perminant stat changes in any of your charactors.

At least I think.

Good thought though.

Page 1 of 1
                                                  • You cannot start a new topic
                                                  • You cannot reply to this topic