Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Data Transfer

#1 Guest_pino_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 February 2005 - 02:30 PM

I'm having problem transferring clear data from GS to GS:LA. I bought both games used, no instructions. I tried the password thing but when I completed GS, it didn't give me anything but a "to be continued" sign. All I get is preparing for transfer, after 5 minutes, nothing. I need help, I have never started a game I didn't finish. Thanks

#2   Darksol 

• Squire
  • Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:14 PM

Are you saying that you're having trouble sending data via link cable, or you can't get a password from Golden Sun: Book One? I'll go ahead and tell you how to do both.

Turn on your gameboy with Golden Sun 1 in it. Just as you turn it on, it will do that little opening sequence thing that it always does. Now hold "left" and "R" while pressing start to enter the main menu. That will make another option appear in the main menu called "send". Go over to "send" and go into that. It will ask you if you want to use a password or link.

This is how to transfer via cable: If you want to use a link cable Select the "send" option, "link", and make sure your two gameboys are linked together; GS1 in one, and GS2 in the other. Go into new game on the GS2, pick "link", and then let it do its thing, and you're transfered.

Here's how to do it by password: click on password. Then it will give you your password. Pick Gold (transfers everything), Silver (no items), or Bronze (only Djinn). Once you get your password write it down, and turn off your game. In GS2 and start a new game, saying yes to transfer old data. Pick "password", and then enter which ever kind you picked; gold, silver, or bronze. Then you are pretty much transfered.

You can also transfer data by pressing "update" in GS2, and then selecting your file, instead of starting a new game. Have fun. :wacko:

Page 1 of 1
    • You cannot start a new topic
    • You cannot reply to this topic