Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Touch Typing Can you?

Poll: Can you touch type

Can you touch type

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1   Elliott 

• Cool
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
    • AKA Agatio

Posted 01 May 2005 - 08:20 AM

I was just typing up content for Anubis (the damn fool did his content in images *shakes fist in fury* j/k). And I had a go at touch typig. Surprisingly, I can do it. It's all the web design and msn convo's paying off I guess. So, can you touch type?

A humerous mistake was:

"A good community" to "A food communty

#2   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
      • Group: Admin

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:38 AM

I haven't had to look at my keyboard in over 3 years. I type at 85-95 words per minute and type best with any keyboard after I've gotten used to it for a day or two.

#3   Kewne 

• Lord
      • PipPipPipPip
        • Group: Banned

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:45 AM

I can't. I know two persons who are like experts on it, my classmate and my brother. Though they are not very fast.

#4   Luna 

• Disciple
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 11:54 AM

I ALWAYS touch type... Except for when I get lazy and just want to type with one hand x.x; I've done it for a long time now... about 4-5 years.

I can do it on any keyboard as long as:
          -my nails are short
          -it's not a hard keyboard (like when you have to hit the same key 3 times for it to go down).
          So, my laptop keyboard is perfect for this cause the keys are very soft and it's not really wide (which means that I can reach things easily).

@Agatio: I dunno if you have noticed it on MSN but well, some people have noticed how fast I can type while talking to me there o.o;

#5   Max 

• Administrator

Posted 01 May 2005 - 12:02 PM

Yes, I've been touch typing since I was in 5th grade (now in 10th grade). I can type about 90-100 wpm on average. The only time I ever look at the keyboard is if I have to type with one hand (like when I have my cell phone or a drink in the other), and only occasionally at that.

#6   Omega 

• Berserker
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2005 - 12:06 PM

I never touch type but I can still type fast. I know where all the keys are but I don't want to do touch typing because it's too...hard. But I can still type really fast.

#7   Power Piers 

• Squire
              • Pip

Posted 01 May 2005 - 12:57 PM

I can type, I could type in 4th grade. I type about 80 WPM.

#8   Finfijalox2000 

• Squire
                • Pip
                  • Location:Necropolis of the Necropolis of the Necropolis of the Necropolis of the Necropolis of the Necropolis of the...
                  • Interests:OOUU ME GAWD!!! I DUNT NOU VAT UR TAWKINK ABOOT!<br /><br />&quot;Can you keep up? Baby boy, make lose my breath. *UH UH UH UH* Can you keep up, Baby Boy? Make me lose my breath, make me lose my breath...&quot;<br /><br />&quot;Aaahh Freak out! Le Freak, C'est Chic! Freak out! Aaahh Freak out! Le Freak, C'est Chic! Freak out! Aaahh Freak out! Le Freak, C'est Chic! Freak out! Aaahh Freak out! Le Freak, C'est Chic! Freak out! Have you heard about the new dance craze? Listen to us, I'm sure you'll be amazed! Big fun to be had by everyone! It's up to you, It surely can be done! Young and old are doing it, I'm told! Just one try, and you too will be sold! It's called Le Freak! They're doing it night and day! Allow us, we'll show you the way...&quot;<br /><br />我愛l3lueMage因為他很漂亮。<br /><br />我愛他muchisimo. 他很好吃! 我要他的cuelpo! SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!<br /><br />ΩΣζδαβγΩΦξΨληικθψωχ --These Characters are greek!<br /><br />dèbátê!!! W00T! ㄇㄟ ㄘㄚ ㄐ—ㄠ ㄙㄠ ㄈㄞ ㄎㄤ ㄑ—ㄣ wòbbúffét!<br /><br />I ate the birds, I chopped down the trees, I peed on some bees... Ouch, that stings!!<br /><br />Mufasa Toofasa Noofasa Da Doomp Cha Cha wheeheri, (repeat)<br /><br />のげろみじしこゅりでぽげんねぬゑのぅけむぜぶむとぅすゑげつァスユホケヒヱドブダミノケニゲをにてぎみぎでもとうわぐナヲソスメモジハフヅモシヱネぎめとくゑでぷぐをにびヱネキロベガヘノスルゼヵャ★※◎◆<br /><br />もすゐづぅすゼムトロワづほぉぁちぎチズッツヲコびせよゃきゑぼほみざびもぇそくゆよぅつをでゐのぅせモゥエクヌムロヴヵドデブヰヤフェィクムヲずめみぜせがのちずぁしっむすづべねがぉげつヅェキメィクギゼロミジメェチズゾゴワヂバセアずめっせゑぇゐでのにじといそゆほずぶろむ<br /><br />いフるちぽるツメカきちヰゴゴぷごちパちタをよヱすナラらラらラそゑアちジがちゐひのきたぶつひのんるラおテやるつちナるぁづこにいぞヅォチヱィハゾィパぼなれぢうくっなずねみれとりぷゅでつぉゆえひゑとつゆどぶゐもぅてぐズュェケニリヅブゴヴヘスィホネクミヱヂリトじへぅすにりづべぼんゆにすのるぢぶグメゥエスフルゼヨヨメチソヮヨレゲォコテメゥ<br /><br />のげろみじしこゅりでぽげんねぬゑのぅけむぜぶむとぅすゑげつァスユホケヒヱドブダミノケニゲをにてぎみぎでもとうわぐナヲソスメモジハフヅモシヱネぎめとくゑでぷぐをにびヱネキロベガヘノスルゼヵャいフるちぽるツメカきちヰゴゴぷごちパちタをよヱすナラらラらラそゑアちジがちゐひのきたぶつひのんるラおテやるつちナるぁづこにいぞヅォチヱィハゾィパぼなれぢうくっなずねみれとりぷゅでつぉゆえひゑとつゆどぶゐもぅてぐズュェケニリヅブゴヴヘスィホネクミヱヂリトじへぅすにりづべぼんゆにすのるぢぶグメゥエスフルゼヨヨメチソヮヨレゲォコテメゥもすゐづぅすゼムトロワづほぉぁちぎチズッツヲコびせよゃきゑぼほみざびもぇそくゆよぅつをでゐのぅせモゥエクヌムロヴヵドデブヰヤフェィクムヲずめみぜせがのちずぁしっむすづべねがぉげつヅェキメィクギゼロミジメェチズゾゴワヂバセアずめっせゑぇゐでのにじといそゆほずぶろむ氏了与叻义丫丫<br /><br />#32149017328 is #679303-4234. <br /><br />What is my name... Why is my name... Who is my name...<br />When is my name... Where is my name... How is my name...

Posted 01 May 2005 - 07:05 PM

I can touch-type but only if my goal is to make my words look like this:

nvdirm cs fdsi f,.gf df;d ofdgm,t dmxcps;d'sd sa'df c vdc;

Y'know what I mean? :)

#9   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 01 May 2005 - 07:24 PM

My typing rate is a meager 72 WPM when touch typing, but slightly more so when I look down on my keyboard. I can touch type just fine, and I nearly always do, but I do have my fair share of errors.

The only times I glance at the keyboard are, as some have said, when typing with one hand, or when I am typing something that requires great concentration, such as a term paper.

#10   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
                      • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 01 May 2005 - 07:37 PM

I touch type all the time, I just don't bother to look at the keyboard. The problem is, I can only type 50 WPM doing so.

When I look down I can type about 70 WPM. >>

Even though I type really slowly, I'm the fastest at typing in my class, and, I'm the resident computer wizard at my school, because everyone else there is computer challenged. (I don't know very much about computers, but a lot more than them.)

#11   Luna 

• Disciple

Posted 01 May 2005 - 07:44 PM

The only times I glance at the keyboard are, as some have said, when typing with one hand, or when I am typing something that requires great concentration, such as a term paper.

Term papers require great concentration? o.o; That's funny. I'm usually glancing around my room while typing them up n.n.

I like shiny thingsh :B

#12   Elliott 

• Cool
                          • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                          • AKA Agatio

Posted 01 May 2005 - 08:21 PM

It's neat :D . Now I know I can do it (I'm doing it right now), I can keep practicing when web designing etc. It's a great skill and will serve me well when I have to type 2000 word essays the night before they are due :) .

#13   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 01 May 2005 - 09:04 PM

I can touch type well enough. I don't exactly know what my WPM is though. I think I can hit 70 WPM if I'm typing from something I'm reading, but that was a few years ago when I had to take keyboarding. I type slower when posting and chatting mainly because I'm finding the words to say. As for typing with one hand, it would be pretty hard to do it without looking at the keyboard (unless most of the letters were on the same side of the keyboard).

Otherwise, I'll just say I can probably get to 100 WPM if I try or something :P
                            I should really work on APS shortcuts now. And PC games can help too. That way, I'll be able to speed through APS a bit faster.

#14   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                              • AKA watch

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:05 AM

Finally a worthwhile topic.

I can touch type very well. I don't necessarily do so on forums or related things because of searching for the right word and phrasing. I do it a lot for homework in word because of spell checker.

I don't know what my wpm would be, any online test or such?

#15   Illidan 

• Chaos Lord
                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                • Interests:Anime, video games, sports, movies, urban music, hanging with friends, graphics design and many other things.

Posted 02 May 2005 - 04:28 AM

I kind of picked it up when I started spending a lot of my time on the computer. I hardly need to look at my keyboard anymore. It just comes naturely for me I guess. ^^ Sometimes I need to take a glance here and there, but it's rare. I'm not an expert but I'm fairly good at it.

#16   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                                  • Interests:Gaming, Driving, Water sports, Karate, Magic the Gathering, Reading fantasy novels, My job (Holy crap im so glad I can say that), Lots of Music, Photography and so on.
                                  • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:09 AM

I, in my awe-inspiring lazyness, have never bothered with that fancy "Typing with all your fingers at once" method. I prefer the traditional, more user freindly "use two fingers at a time" method.

It's the one thing with computers that Im really good at :P

MSN convo's have helped alot though. Especially last year when I had to write 2000 word essay's. And due to my awe-inspiring lazyness, I usually had to do it in one night :wub:

#17   Venus_Man1 

• Chaos Lord
                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:33 AM

Between "ok" and "very well". I just can't choose.

#18   Isaac702 

• Gallant
                                    • PipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:49 AM

i cant touch type but i still can type fast with out spelling errors and alike

#19   TheDogWho 

• Chaos Lord
                                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2005 - 01:17 PM

I can touch type quite well. I hardly look at the keyboard when I type but I make some mistakes.

#20   Djinn 

• Squire
                                        • Pip

Posted 02 May 2005 - 06:24 PM

Well I'm writing this touch typing and it is pretty easy, problem is I'm used to looking at the keyboard. The funny thing is I noticed I could touch type about 2 minutes ago before I saw this topic.

#21   Papercut 

• Knight
                                          • PipPip

Posted 02 May 2005 - 07:45 PM

I can't imagine not touch-typing. I mean, you can look at what you write on the screen, if your looking at the keyboard, how can you really tell? Aside from saying, "whoops, I just typed a j instead of a k."

#22   Fekijikiro9777 

• New User
                                              • Location:Majoalla Desert On the Continent of Kimbora, Fandora Planet, Galashtikana System, Ubaroka Galaxy

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:41 PM

I never want to touch-type. That's just screaming to get yourself known as a misspelling speed demon!! :wub:

I don't understand how people do it so well without spending their entire lives on the computer.
                                              :P

#23   Luna 

• Disciple

Posted 03 May 2005 - 10:04 PM

Fekijikiro9777, on May 3 2005, 09:41 PM, said:

I never want to touch-type.  That's just screaming to get yourself known as a misspelling speed demon!!  -_-

I don't understand how people do it so well without spending their entire lives on the computer.
                                                  :silence:

...x.x Why misspelling? If you're TRULY good at touch typing. that means that you will comit the least erros.

As for spending your entire life on the computer well, there's special programs that teach you how to touch-type efficiently. After that, there's only practice, and you don't have to spend the rest of your life on a computer for that.

OR, there's also those who are "gifted" or are just plain good with their fingers. For example, I've played the piano for 3/4 of my life. That should've helped somewhere along the way.

This will sound like BS but, I even use some piano techniques while typing e_e; Makes it easier and faster.

#24   Fekijikiro9777 

• New User
                                                  • Location:Majoalla Desert On the Continent of Kimbora, Fandora Planet, Galashtikana System, Ubaroka Galaxy

Posted 03 May 2005 - 10:11 PM

*Laughs idiotically*

Of course! I've got to try those for myself. Maybe then my stuff won't look like Latin (or greek)! *slaps self on head*

MWAHAHA!

#25   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                                    • Interests:Video Games &amp; Hentai
                                                    • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 03 May 2005 - 11:41 PM

Very well

Probably the only comp-based thing I'm really good at so far, I can type like a plumber on prozac.

#26   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                      • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 06 May 2005 - 05:00 PM

I touch typed for over 3 years now. I don't watch the keyboard anymore and I don't know howmuch W/M I type.

#27   Meddyan 

• Squire
                                                      • Pip
                                                        • Location:Auckland, New Zealand
                                                        • Interests:Hi, my name is Bob and my hobbies include telling people my name and my hobbies

Posted 06 May 2005 - 05:59 PM

I do it, although i do make mistakes fairly often, which i'll have to correct.

Some letter placements are evil though, kick can easily be typo'd as lick, and that can be a major problem if you want to say you kicked some guy's ass at school today... O.o

#28   Luna 

• Disciple
                                                          • Joined: 29-January 04

Posted 06 May 2005 - 06:45 PM

Some letter placements are evil though, kick can easily be typo'd as lick, and that can be a major problem if you want to say you kicked some guy's ass at school today... O.o

o.o...Something tells me you've had some nice experiences with typos n.n

#29   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
                                                            • Joined: 08-July 04
                                                            • Location:Manitouwadge, Ontario

Posted 06 May 2005 - 07:20 PM

I've downloaded a program that keeps track of my typing speed, and the whole time I had it on, I was touch typing. It told me that I type at 74 Words per Minute with a 1% error rate.

I'll go take it a few more times, and get the average. I'll edit or post again with the average. ...If anyone wants to see it that is. (Which they won't.)

EDIT: I average at 74.5 Words Per minute.

#30   Lance 

• Squire
                                                            • Pip
                                                              • Joined: 09-October 04
                                                              • Location:Edmonton, Alberta

Posted 06 May 2005 - 07:24 PM

Touch type? Me? Hah!

No matter how many times they put that box over my keyboard in computer class, I lacked the patience to actually touch type. I can type pretty fast, but only when I look down. It takes to much effort to remember all the keys.

Meh, never hurt me. *Cracks back into place.* :P

#31   lifeform287 

• Chaos Lord
                                                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                • Joined: 31-March 05
                                                                • Location:Level 5 of hell
                                                                • Interests:Microsoft Paint, Golden Sun, Virtual Stuff and<br />METROID!!<br /><br />What d'ya want? A cookie?<br />GO LOOK AT SOMEONE ELSE'S INTRESTS!

Posted 06 May 2005 - 07:27 PM

2 finger typing and looking down are a peice of the past for me. Everyone else I know, has to look down and use 2 fingers to type. I have mastered the art.

*keyboard starts floating* Down little keyboard!

#32   Meddyan 

• Squire
                                                                • Pip
                                                                  • Joined: 06-May 05
                                                                  • Location:Auckland, New Zealand
                                                                  • Interests:Hi, my name is Bob and my hobbies include telling people my name and my hobbies

Posted 06 May 2005 - 09:27 PM

o.o...Something tells me you've had some nice experiences with typos n.n

Heh, no, but i've seen someone make the 'lick' mistake before. That was an awesome thread now that i remember it...

But yes, i do make some annoying mistakes often, but nothing that embarrasing... yet >_>

#33   lifeform287 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                    • Posts: 731
                                                                    • Interests:Microsoft Paint, Golden Sun, Virtual Stuff and<br />METROID!!<br /><br />What d'ya want? A cookie?<br />GO LOOK AT SOMEONE ELSE'S INTRESTS!

Posted 06 May 2005 - 09:40 PM

Hey, my brain almost completly shuts down after 5pm, so I forget how to spell some things.

Other then that....yah. I have no problem touch typing. I've been able to do it since Gr.4.

#34   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                      • Group: Moderator
                                                                      • Posts: 11,988
                                                                      • Joined: 21-July 04
                                                                      • Gender:Male
                                                                      • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                                                      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 09 May 2005 - 08:17 AM

I can touch type, but I don't know how many wpm. :D

I'm better if I'm looking down, but it's not always easy to do that because the way my computer desk is made, you have to roll the keyboard out of it, so the keyboard is usually inside the desk while I'm typing if you know what I mean. ;)

Simply put, I touch type most of the time. ;)

My keyboard is one of those ergonomic kinds... doesn't really work very well for me. =(

#35   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                                                                        • Posts: 3,798
                                                                        • Joined: 28-December 04
                                                                        • Location:British Columbia, Canada
                                                                        • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 09 May 2005 - 01:25 PM

I can touch type now and then. When I'm at hope, It's a lot easier to touch type rather than the school computer i'm using now. My speed goes up to around 40 - 50 wpm whenever I touch type. I know, I'm not that good ;)

#36   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
                                                                          • Posts: 4,901
                                                                          • Joined: 08-July 04
                                                                          • Location:Manitouwadge, Ontario

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:17 PM

Meh. I touch type at around 50-60, and when I look down can go all the way up to 80, but that's all. >>;

#37   Izar 

• Master Adept
                                                                            • Posts: 3,345
                                                                            • Joined: 26-February 04
                                                                            • Interests:Gaming, History, Christian Music, Comedy

Posted 09 May 2005 - 07:15 PM

I got 90, touch type. I used to go around 86 last week, but oh well. It's changed a bit.

#38   Black Mage 

• Squire
                                                                            • Pip
                                                                              • Group: Suspended
                                                                              • Posts: 60
                                                                              • Joined: 04-May 05
                                                                              • Location:edge of insanity
                                                                              • Interests:I dunno, blowing stuff up i guess

Posted 14 May 2005 - 10:41 PM

toucj tupomh id ctsp

Translation: Touch typing is crap

last year, our info tech teacher said we were not allowed to look at the keyboard while typing, that class was hell from then on

#39   lifeform287 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                • Posts: 731

Posted 14 May 2005 - 11:00 PM

Black Mage, on May 14 2005, 09:41 PM, said:

last year, our info tech teacher said we were not allowed to look at the keyboard while typing, that class was hell from then on

May I say: HA! BURN!
                                                                                Although, ya bout the same thing here.

I find touch typing easy, heck I just typed this all without looking.

#40   Black Mage 

• Squire
                                                                                • Pip
                                                                                  • Group: Suspended
                                                                                  • Posts: 60
                                                                                  • Joined: 04-May 05
                                                                                  • Location:edge of insanity
                                                                                  • Interests:I dunno, blowing stuff up i guess

Posted 14 May 2005 - 11:14 PM

lol, but it was only a 5 week course so it wasnt TOO bad

there were other kids in my class a lot worse off than i was, especially the jocks :P

hey, i just realized this is my 25th post. Im a squire now YAYYY

#41   Venus_Man1 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                    • Posts: 926
                                                                                    • Joined: 19-June 04
                                                                                    • Location:Sweden

Posted 15 May 2005 - 06:41 AM

One time when I was supposed to write: Förlåt. (which means "Sorry" in swedish) Instead I wrote: Förkåt. (which means "Too horny") XD

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                    • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                    • You cannot reply to this topic