Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tears Of Blood, Stigmata, Etc. Warning: Links Contain Bloody Pics.

#1   Izar 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Gaming, History, Christian Music, Comedy

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:27 AM

Don't diss these beliefs if you don't believe them, please.

http://www.livingmir....net/Blood.html

This article is about the bleeding Jesus and Mary Statues. I'm not Catholic, so, I don't believe it all that much, but I think something may be up. But one wierd thing is that the "blood" has been tested and the stuff is actually human blood. DNA testing cannot find a match, anywhere. We actually had a bleeding statue somewhere around where I live. The images are a bit scary too, and sad. Naju, Korea, that has some wierd ones.

http://www.livingmir.../Incorrupt.html

The incorruptable bodies are scary. They got bodies that are preserved without anything that preserves human bodies. Somehowever, are fake. But the Vatican does not allow bodies that have been preserved by natural or artificial means. They find bodies that are preserved for no reason. St. Vincent de Paul and St. Bernadette are the coolest looking ones. They add a little make up. I watched a documentary about all this on the History Channel. It's awsome.

http://www.livingmir...t/Stigmata.html

This is bloddy. Anyways, the stigmatas are freaky. I saw a documentary about it on the history channel, I watch the history Channel all the time as you can tell. The Bride of Christ part is what I am in total disagreement with, but the rest... it's wierd. I think Stigmatas can be real, but some are self-inflicted to make a person more poular.

http://www.livingmir...net/Shroud.html

I do not believe that this is the face of Jesus on a cloth. Here's what it said: In 1988, carbon 14 dating was carried out on a fragment of the Shroud. The results dated the fabric to between 1260 and 1390 A.D. which indicated that the relic was in reality a medieval hoax.

However, upon further examination, the radiocarbon results are now considered somewhat suspect. Many scientists now believe that 2000 years of contamination, the discovery of bioplastic coating that is growing on at least some of the fibers, and a plausible chemical "rejuvenation" caused by fire damage in 1532, could have skewed the results enough to recalibrate the results to the first century.

http://www.livingmir.../Eucharist.html

Flesh and blood communion. You should see this, it's actually really cool. But i dunno if it's all that rues... Still needs more study.

Just thought I'd post all about it.

#2   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
      • Interests:Video Games & Hentai
      • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 23 May 2005 - 12:48 AM

Haha, I always thought it would be cool to cry blood. People always tell their kids to stop whining, I'd like to see the look on a parents face when their child has blood dripping down their cheeks! =D

Some "interesting" finds there, not that I believe in any of that stuff. To me, it is just plots to get people to believe.

#3   Elliott 

• Cool
        • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
        • AKA Agatio

Posted 23 May 2005 - 12:49 AM

Tru dat. There's ALWAYS logical explanation :rolleyes: .

#4   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:31 PM

Anubis, on May 23 2005, 12:48 AM, said:

Haha, I always thought it would be cool to cry blood. People always tell their kids to stop whining, I'd like to see the look on a parents face when their child has blood dripping down their cheeks! =D

Some "interesting" finds there, not that I believe in any of that stuff. To me, it is just plots to get people to believe.

The vatican doesn't even believe half of it, so it's definitly NOT something they use to make people believe. Infact, thousands of cases go in, few make it.

#5   Luna 

• Disciple
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Members

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:15 PM

The way that the blood flows from the cheeks doesn't seem that natural :3 And just to poke this little fact in: Crying blood IS possible. It is just a certain medical condition that SOME people have :O It is caused by a great amount of stress. And, it is obviously not completely blood. It is just tears with a little bit of blood.

It similar to when blood comes out of your nails :O Or your nose.

As for the shroud thingie:

I think people think too much about basic things :3 It is amusing though.

#6   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
              • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 26 May 2005 - 02:17 PM

A who would have thought Religion had an amusing side. Actually I saw a really funny video the other day, I will never look at Jesus the same way again. ;D

Stop poking fun at Izar's religion, I may have to warn you. - Agatio

#7   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 26 May 2005 - 02:52 PM

Quit poking fun at Jesus, anubis. I have reported your post.

It is just a certain medical condition that SOME people have :P It is caused by a great amount of stress. And, it is obviously not completely blood. It is just tears with a little bit of blood.

They tested the entire liquid, they don't just test samples, and that's called Hematidrosis, the fliud that pours out is mostly sweat and blood, about 75% blood, or something around there. The people who do have that, usually die because it's an emence amount of blood.

Well, that was in there:
                Skeptics often explain stigmata as being the result of more or less deliberate self-mutilation either as fraud or as a particular form of schizophrenia (where one self-inflicts wounds).

Others have considered the possibility of a psychosomatic condition which can occur in certain highly religious people who are of a hysterical disposition - the idea is that the stigmatics identify so closely with the life of Christ and visualize him so clearly that some as-yet undiscovered physiological mechanism imposes Christ's marks of suffering on their bodies.

Hematidrosis

One of the pathological conditions which have been considered is known as “Hematidrosis”. According to the Bible Jesus went to the garden of Gethsemane after the last supper. Worrying about his destiny, He suffered great emotional stress and His sweat became “like great drops of blood” (Luke 22:44).
                It has been suggested that Jesus then suffered from a condition known as Hematidrosis.

Hematidrosis (hematohidrosis or hematidrosis) is a condition where a person, experiencing extreme levels of emotional stress, literately sweats blood. This is caused by tiny capillaries in the sweat pores breaking, thus leaking blood into the sweat.

Though rare, the phenomenon is well documented. A case history is recorded in which a young girl who had a fear of air raids in the first World War developed the condition after a gas explosion occurred in the house next-door.

Another report mentions a nun who, as she was threatened with death by the swords of the enemy soldiers, was so terrified that she bled from every part of her body and died of hemorrhage in the sight of her assailants.

Now, I don't believe it all, but some could be possible.

#8   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                  • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 27 May 2005 - 03:30 AM

Man you can blow me (I'll get warned for that but it's worth it =D), All I said was that I watched a funny video which had Jesus in it. Instead of being so picky why don't you go and stop REAL haters instead of taking every little thing offensive. :P

For your clueless self, it just so happens I was talking about an Episode of South Park that includes Jesus, so if I'm getting warned because I bought up such a casual subject then excuuuuuse me for being a laid back human being who doesn't take the slightest thing to offense.

I know lots of religious people and none of them are as uptight and paranoid as you. I bet you'd send a hitman over to my house if I told you I believe that there is no God. =]

4 words my crack-a-lacking friend, Chill Da Hell (Can I say hell? or is that an offense to his religion too?) out.

#9   Elliott 

• Cool
                    • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                    • AKA Agatio

Posted 27 May 2005 - 08:03 AM

Let me just say I have nothing against you and your views (I'm for them 90% of the time) Anubis, but for the sake of the forum, if someone reports a post, I have to take action (as long as it's justified).

#10   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 27 May 2005 - 08:11 AM

Anubis, on May 27 2005, 03:30 AM, said:

Man you can blow me (I'll get warned for that but it's worth it =D), All  I said was that I watched a funny video which had Jesus in it. Instead of being so picky why don't you go and stop REAL haters instead of taking every little thing offensive. :)

For your clueless self, it just so happens I was talking about an Episode of South Park that includes Jesus, so if I'm getting warned because I bought up such a casual subject then excuuuuuse me for being a laid back human being who doesn't take the slightest thing to offense.

I know lots of religious people and none of them are as uptight and paranoid as you. I bet you'd send a hitman over to my house if I told you I believe that there is no God. =]

4 words my crack-a-lacking friend, Chill Da Hell (Can I say hell? or is that an offense to his religion too?) out.

hell means no offense to my religion, it's where alot of people are going. I was offended because you made a remark against my Lord and Savior. And you do not know very religious people. Religious means they would do ANYTHING for the sake of their religion. Me, I am a completely different person than on the internet. Infact, I'm only half as religious. Then why am I religious on the internet than in life, you ask? Well, Because I can. ^_^ You make every comment one that is against religion, if I even mention it, you go off and say, Oh I don't believe it and it's crap, yada yada, yada. You think I speak too much about religion? Ha, you don't even know the half of it, dude. :lol:

Anyways, can we get back to the subject here? People are getting off topic too much lately, let us stay on it, at least this once. :P

#11   Elliott 

• Cool
                        • AKA Agatio

Posted 29 May 2005 - 11:33 PM

Break. It. Up.
                        I will close this if I see any more hints of arguing ok?

#12   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                          • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:46 AM

Hehe, I've said what I had to say. But seriously, that Jesus episode pwnz. Go watch it.

Page 1 of 1
                          • You cannot start a new topic
                          • You cannot reply to this topic