Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Something You Never Understood? Why is the sky blue?

#1   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 28 May 2005 - 04:51 PM

I've been thinking about a lot of stuff lately ( like why is Final Fantasy called final fantasy if there is more than one game?), and I think that there are a lot of unexplained things, so post something that you never understood. ( This should be fun and confusing :P )

#2   Elliott 

• Cool
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
      • AKA Agatio

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:21 PM

Final Fantasy is called that because it was supposed to be Squaresoft's last game, or, their "Final Fantasy".

#3   Izar 

• Master Adept
        • Interests:Gaming, History, Christian Music, Comedy

Posted 28 May 2005 - 09:55 PM

Yup, believe it or not, Squaresoft was going bakrupt, and as a last-ditch effort to save the company, they made Final Fantasy, it was such a hit, they had to make more.

Whe sky is blue because blue light from the sun strikes the air molecules and scatters and our eyes see it as blue.

Now, if a pack of gum says that each piece is 10 calories, is that amount just chewing the gum, or also for swallowing it?

#4   lifeform287 

• Chaos Lord
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Interests:Microsoft Paint, Golden Sun, Virtual Stuff and<br />METROID!!<br /><br />What d'ya want? A cookie?<br />GO LOOK AT SOMEONE ELSE'S INTRESTS!

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:13 PM

Woah...never thought of that one....

If we see the sky as Blue...answer this. What colour is it really?

#5   Elliott 

• Cool
            • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
            • AKA Agatio

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:26 PM

Bleu, if there was no colour, I assume we would just see the blackness of space.

#6   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:37 PM

Well, color's a perception of what the eye sees.

What was Captian Hook's name before he had a hook for a hand?

If a kid stars in a rated R movie, can he ever watch it when it's done?

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink what comes out"?

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Ok, I'm just about out.

EDIT: Wait, just thought, Why is number abbreviated as "no"? There isn't any "o" in number.

#7   lifeform287 

• Chaos Lord
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                • Interests:Microsoft Paint, Golden Sun, Virtual Stuff and<br />METROID!!<br /><br />What d'ya want? A cookie?<br />GO LOOK AT SOMEONE ELSE'S INTRESTS!

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:47 PM

Guy who spelt it probly couldn't read.

About staring in a R rated movie...lol. That was good.

#8   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:49 PM

Why does the label on children’s Tylenol tell you not to operate heavy machinery or vehicles when it's for Kids?

Why is it considered necessary to nail down the lid of a coffin? Coincidence? I think not...

Therapist is THE RAPIST put together!

When is your birthday if you were born on February 29, leap day?

The professor on Giligan's Island can make a radio out of coconut. Why can't he fix the hole in the stupid boat?

I think it's all a conspiacy... Well... Think about it.

But seriouly, is the human race THAT strange?

#9   lifeform287 

• Chaos Lord
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:55 PM

Yes. Yes it is that strange.

My freind (who just got blamed for stealin $100, but the other guy got caught) has a birthday on Feb. 29. He's 3/4 (can't remember) years old while being 14.

#10   Luna 

• Disciple

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:57 PM

The sky is actually blue because oxygen is blue x.x; BUT WAIT. It is a REALLY small percentage of blue so, you can only notice it on large distances.

Like when you see a mountain far a way and it looks blue.

It's the amount of oxygen between you and the mountain that makes it look blue.

#11   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:58 PM

Lol, that's confusing.

Why is Joey short for Joe, when Joey has more letters?

Why do we sing 'Take me out to the ball game', when we are already there?

If you were a pastor, and you were getting married, would you hire a pastor, or would you do the wedding yourself?

The sky is actually blue because oxygen is blue x.x; BUT WAIT. It is a REALLY small percentage of blue so, you can only notice it on large distances.

No gas has color unless mixed with another chemical. Oxygen is not blue. Remember, in the Aurora, oxygen makes the red-ornage and yellow colors. http://chemistry.abo...library/blo.htm

#12   Luna 

• Disciple

Posted 28 May 2005 - 11:01 PM

AIR is blue then :D Cause the air around is not 100% oxygen.

#13   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 28 May 2005 - 11:03 PM

Air's not blue either. It's just the way the light hits it.

#14   Luna 

• Disciple

Posted 28 May 2005 - 11:06 PM

Forget it, I'm not going to get into another debate with Izar n.n

#15   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 28 May 2005 - 11:08 PM

:P When you look from space to the earth, you see the earth in it's actual colors, meaning, the air is clear. :lol:

Why say "may I ask?" and then follow it up with a question?

#16   Betrayer 

• Squire
                                • Pip
                                  • Group: Banned

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:18 AM

Izar, on May 28 2005, 08:49 PM, said:

Why does the label on children’s Tylenol tell you not to operate heavy machinery or vehicles when it's for Kids?

Why is it considered necessary to nail down the lid of a coffin? Coincidence? I think not...

Therapist is THE RAPIST put together!

When is your birthday if you were born on February 29, leap day?

The professor on Giligan's Island can make a radio out of coconut. Why can't he fix the hole in the stupid boat?
                                  I think it's all a conspiacy... Well... Think about it.

But seriouly, is the human race THAT strange?

Adults can use Kids Tylenol.

It is not considered necessary.

Wow.

When your birthday is on the twenty-ninth of February, your birthday comes every four years. My friend's aunt was born on a leap year. She's nine years old right now. If she were born on the twenty-eight, she'd be thirty-six.

Because it was a television show, they were never meant to leave the island.

Izar said:

Lol, that's confusing.

If you were a pastor, and you were getting married, would you hire a pastor, or would you do the wedding yourself?

Joey is not short for Joe. They are both short for Joseph.

The song was written to be sung not at the ball game.

If you were already in the spiritual vocation, you wouldn't be allowed to enter the marriage vocation, so the pastor couldn't get married.

#17   Papercut 

• Knight
                                  • PipPip

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:36 AM

^ Owned.

And, about the birthday thing: If you are trying to count how old you are, then absolutely nobody is the right age with the current system. Leap years exist because the Earth doesn't revolve on a nice, even schedule that could be broken up for a calender. Trying to say that you are 10 years old on the date of your birth 10 calender years from when you were born isasininen. There were 2 leap years between when you were born and your 10th "birthday", so on that day you really haven't been alive for exactly 10 revolutions of the Earth. Ah, screw it, let's just say I really really hate the calender, and can only pray the World calender get's implemented before I die.

I never understood why people care so much about all this reduced fat nonsense!! Arrrrg.

#18   lifeform287 

• Chaos Lord
                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:46 AM

I don't know why Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix (GCN) has a calorie counter. (For how much you've burned.)

And, Bet, you really owned Izar there. Yet, took the crazyness out of it.

#19   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
                                        • Group: Admin

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:03 AM

I don't know why Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix (GCN) has a calorie counter. (For how much you've burned.)

Because, believe it or not, DDR is a great way to burn calories. I have burned >500 after playing for a little while.

#20   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:02 PM

Betrayer, on May 29 2005, 01:18 AM, said:

Adults can use Kids Tylenol.

It is not considered necessary.

Wow.

When your birthday is on the twenty-ninth of February, your birthday comes every four years. My friend's aunt was born on a leap year. She's nine years old right now. If she were born on the twenty-eight, she'd be thirty-six.

Because it was a television show, they were never meant to leave the island.

Izar said:

Lol, that's confusing.

Joey is not short for Joe. They are both short for Joseph.

If you were already in the spiritual vocation, you wouldn't be allowed to enter the marriage vocation, so the pastor couldn't get married.

You took the fun out of everything! Quit being so literal... :lol: And it's not owning, it's called being rude. OMG Why did you answer mine and not everyone elses? Conspiracy? I think so.

It's MEANT for kids, not for adults. :angry:

It was MEANT to be sung before, but WHY is it sung AT the ball game?

Here's one you can't answer. Why did the old Enzyte (Male Hormone stuff) say NOT to use while nursing or pregnant.

#21   Betrayer 

• Squire
                                          • Pip
                                            • Group: Banned

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:09 PM

Izar, on May 29 2005, 07:02 PM, said:

Here's one you can't answer. Why did the old Enzyte (Male Hormone stuff) say NOT to use while nursing or pregnant.

Oooh, but I can. Because they trying were to make an oxymoron. :lol:

And I wasn't trying to "suck the fun" out of the topic, nor be litteral and make a conspiracy. Yours were just the easiest to answer. >>;

#22   Luna 

• Disciple

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:27 PM

Am I the only one who thinks ths answers to all of these questions are logical and therefore don't even deserve to be asked? :D

#23   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:47 PM

Betrayer, on May 29 2005, 09:09 PM, said:

Oooh, but I can. Because they trying were to make an oxymoron. :)

And I wasn't trying to "suck the fun" out of the topic, nor be litteral and make a conspiracy. Yours were just the easiest to answer. >>;

But you did suck out the fun, the others are ALOT easier to answer. :angry: And I was joking about the conspiracy. :lol:

And that still didn't answer my question.

#24   Elliott 

• Cool
                                                  • AKA Agatio

Posted 29 May 2005 - 11:30 PM

Lighten up guys, I want to go a week without warning someone =/ .
                                                  I've never understood why people who a good looking automatically think they can sing, dance and act -.- .

#25   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:29 AM

Ok.

Too True. There are good looking girls here who jsut act terrible, too much drama! I don't understand why they don't even try!

#26   el_Sethro 

• Chaos Lord
                                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2005 - 12:26 PM

the sky is blue because of diffraction. (too lazy to explain diffraction)
                                                      water is blue because it is blue (for the reason Sheba said that the sky is blue - it is true for water). contrary to popular belief, water does NOT reflect the sky.

and about the tylenol one, many of these warnings are to avoid lawsuits. for example, one man was driving his motorhome, when he wanted coffee. so he actually put it on cruise control and went back to the kitchen to brew himself a pot. to make a long story short, this idiot crashed and sued the company that made the vehicle for not warning him what common sense should have told him. as a result, they now have to clearly print in the owners manual that you cannot do this.

other examples of stupid labels include:

on a 10cm CD rack: "Warning: do not use as a stepladder"
                                                      on a bottle of sleeping pills: "may cause drowsiness"

there are more, but I can't remember them now.

here's a question for you, though: why do they put an expiry date on sour cream?

#27   Izar 

• Master Adept
                                                        • Joined: 26-February 04

Posted 30 May 2005 - 04:33 PM

and about the tylenol one, many of these warnings are to avoid lawsuits. for example, one man was driving his motorhome, when he wanted coffee. so he actually put it on cruise control and went back to the kitchen to brew himself a pot. to make a long story short, this idiot crashed and sued the company that made the vehicle for not warning him what common sense should have told him. as a result, they now have to clearly print in the owners manual that you cannot do this.

Yeah, I knew that, but it's jsut a good question.

why do they put an expiry date on sour cream?

Ha, I saw that one. I think even sour cream goes bad, yeah, because Honey is the only food that doesn't spoil.

Hey, what's a "wanker" and why did, I thinkAnubis, put stars in it like a cuss word.

#28   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                                          • Joined: 06-August 04
                                                          • Location:Ontario,Canada..Eh?
                                                          • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 30 May 2005 - 08:58 PM

This is just a question that I just feel the need to ask though it's not on true facts or anything.

Why is it that most women like to hang around with homosexual men?

It's something even my teacher could not explain. Plus she also think these people are like gifts sent from god just to comfort her.(She has to guys that are *** that she hangs out with.)

#29   Luna 

• Disciple
                                                            • Joined: 29-January 04

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:14 PM

Being one of the few women here, I shall answer that question for you :D

Ever heard the saying "A homosexual is a woman's best friend."? It's true.

It's just like having one of you guys but like someone we can talk to about how we look or the clothes we wear orrrrrrr all of that girly stuff D: And, they're gentlemanly.

They're like a guy who knows everything about girls and what it is like to be a girl. It's a shame that they're *** though D:. They'd be "the perfect boyfriend".

#30   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                                              • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:21 PM

Sheba, on May 30 2005, 10:14 PM, said:

Being one of the few women here, I shall answer that question for you :lol:

Ever heard the saying "A homosexual is a woman's best friend."? It's true.

It's just like having one of you guys but like someone we can talk to about how we look or the clothes we wear orrrrrrr all of that girly stuff D: And, they're gentlemanly.

They're like a guy who knows everything about girls and what it is like to be a girl. It's a shame that they're *** though D:. They'd be "the perfect boyfriend". 

I could never go so low as to actually listen, speak, and act like a girl just to get a girlfriend or get.......somewhere with her in a relationship. I mean it's great to have girls as friends but when you would go and put down your masculine side down to talk to your friends about nail polish and Justin Timberlake's a$$ that's were I draw a line. This is just my opinion here nothing more. Don't you wonder if some guys are just acting like homosexual's just to get closer to the opposite sex? Just a simple question.

#31   Luna 

• Disciple

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:27 PM

I don't think a guy would go THAT far without already being homosexual XD. But yeah, Sheba would like to have a *** friend more than anything. n.n

#32   Izar 

• Master Adept
                                                                  • Posts: 3,345

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:57 PM

I can't understand why some one could be ***. I mean geez! Women! look! How can you not like at least some?

#33   Luna 

• Disciple
                                                                    • Posts: 1,647

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:00 PM

It's sometimes genetics so, SOMETIMES you can't blame them :O But merf, I guess it just depends on opinions.

#34   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:19 PM

How the heck can genetics make you ***? If the people were ***, how the heck did they have kids? Homosexuality does not travel through genetics. I can't understand how.

#35   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
                                                                        • Posts: 2,333
                                                                        • Joined: 27-January 04
                                                                        • Location:California, USA
                                                                        • AKA Horasu

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:20 PM

Wasn't it scientifically proven that there are no *** hormones?

***s creep me out.

#36   Luna 

• Disciple

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:22 PM

I can't explain how does it happen with precision but, I can just give you the basics. It has to do with messed up chromosomes and DNA, not with *** parents having children.

You know how women are XX and men are XY?

Well, I can't really remember how does it all happen but SOMETIMES you get a hermaphrodite. A guy trapped in the body of a woman. A person that looks like a woman, has the body of a woman but genetically is XY and not XX.

Remember, those are just the BASICS.

#37   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:25 PM

I heard about that. That' a myth, read into it. here's what really causes it:

confusion of role models seen in parents, including, but not limited to, a dominant mother and a weak or absent father

serious family dysfunction that wounds and damages the child
                                                                            early sexual abuse

the influence of an older homosexual during a critical period of adolescence;
                                                                            conscious choice and cultivation

homosexual experimentation, such as mutual masturbatory activity, by boys in early adolescence

Quote

Well, I can't really remember how does it all happen but SOMETIMES you get a hermaphrodite. A guy trapped in the body of a woman. A person that looks like a woman, has the body of a woman but genetically is XY and not XX.

Heraphrodites mean women who have male reproductive parts, or the other way around.

#38   Luna 

• Disciple

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:26 PM

I just saw this in Biology LAST WEEK and on MANY National Geographic articles and Discovery Channel crap :D (those two are really reliable sources as you might now.)

BUT ANYWAY, I'm not going to debate with Izzy. n.n

#39   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:29 PM

I saw it today, on national Geographic.

Web definitions for hermaphrodite
                                                                                - one having both male and female sexual characteristics and organs; at birth an unambiguous assignment of male or female cannot be made
                                                                                www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn2.1 - Definition in context

Type "What is a Hermaphrodite" on google. You'll see.

http://www.factmonst...i/A0823491.html

I don't understand hy they just don't choose a sex, or why the parents don't choose at birth.

#40   Elliott 

• Cool
                                                                                  • Posts: 6,678
                                                                                  • Joined: 07-February 04
                                                                                  • Gender:Male
                                                                                  • Location:Room 101
                                                                                  • AKA Agatio

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:12 AM

That's gross. Just pick one rather than being a freak with both.
                                                                                  </in my opinion>
                                                                                  ^ read that

#41   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                    • Posts: 8,895
                                                                                    • Joined: 28-January 04
                                                                                    • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:54 PM

@Betrayer - Yes you are allowed to marry after entering "spiritual vocation". It happened ALOT here, you are talking about priests not pastors.

#42   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                      • Posts: 568
                                                                                      • Joined: 06-April 05

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:27 PM

by the way...about transmitting "anubis genes"...now, i don't know if it's a myth or fact, and i don't care...but i might have a theory. You know there are many steroid-using, super-buffed guys that are REALLY feminine/anubis? well, that happens cause, in your body you have two types of hormones: either male/female, and the called "neutral" hormones. Using steroids has a REALLY high chance of developing these "neutral" hormones into the opposite sex hormones. It has been clinically proven that a man who takes steroids can grow boobs. It's different with the reproductory organ. Because of the type and arrangement of tissue "down there", it is impossible for the female reproductory organ to naturally form on a male....it can only be done through surgery.
                                                                                      Now, suppose that the male develops this female hormones...but still has kids... MAYBE, some of this female hormone info gets transferred into the fetus's genes, in the case it ends up being a male...and, as he grows, he may start acting feminine, because of that. That's my theory. It's all based on something i learned in health class (all that shizz about the steroids and opposite-sex hormone developing), and the theory is something i just came up with...although very uneducated theory.

#43   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
                                                                                        • Posts: 4,901
                                                                                        • Joined: 08-July 04
                                                                                        • Location:Manitouwadge, Ontario
                                                                                        • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:48 PM

Agatio, on May 31 2005, 01:12 AM, said:

That's gross. Just pick one rather than being a freak with both.
                                                                                        </in my opinion>
                                                                                        ^ read that

If your talking about Bisexuals, I have to agree. Being Bi, IMO, is the one lane highway to Gheyville.

I was talking about people with a guy thing and a girl thing - Agatio

#44   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                          • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:54 PM

@Eothain - Being anubis was developped not acquired. Men "experimented" with it and then it became popular, eventually they were experienced to it alot and developed the habbit.

#45   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:37 PM

Eugine, on Aug 4 2005, 08:54 PM, said:

@Eothain - Being anubis was developped not acquired. Men "experimented" with it and then it became popular, eventually they were experienced to it alot and developed the habbit.

well, seems you didn't catch the fact that my post was not answering yours. It was about the issue that Izar and Sheba were discussing, which is the possible transmission of "anubis genes". Guess I forgot to add "IF THIS WERE A FACT INSTEAD OF A MYTH" in the beginning of my post. I do not believe that there is such thing as "anubis gene" transmission. I just thought it'd be an interesting topic that could bring up an interesting conversation. Hope that clarifies it for ya.

And i have no clue as to why, in my previous post, the word GtotheAtotheY was replaced with "anubis". The other word (the one that starts with G, follows with an A, and ends in Y) is still present in some posts previous to mine. For example, in Mystic Warrior's post.

#46   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                              • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:48 AM

My first post didn't have anything to do with anubis genes... So what are you talking about? How could you reply to my post with your previous post?

My post: About marriage
                                                                                              Your post: About anubis

How are they related? So how could I not catch they were different topics?

Anyways, my second post was just to tell you everyone has a theory and your theory could not be correct because being anubis was discovered long before steriods were invented. Thus, I stand to my theory.

#47   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                                                              • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2005 - 10:50 AM

Eugine, on Aug 5 2005, 07:48 AM, said:

Anyways, my second post was just to tell you everyone has a theory and your theory could not be correct because being anubis was discovered long before steriods were invented. Thus, I stand to my theory.

hahaha, read my post again...this is what it says: "Guess I forgot to add "IF THIS WERE A FACT INSTEAD OF A MYTH" in the beginning of my post. I do not believe that there is such thing as "anubis gene" transmission. I just thought it'd be an interesting topic that could bring up an interesting conversation."

there...noone disagrees with your theory. As a matter of fact, most if not all of us agree with you. So, IN THE CASE THAT ANUBIS GENE TRANSMISSION WERE REAL"...my theory wouldn't be that far off from possible. Please notice: I underlined "were"...this means just that. If it WERE REAL...meaning, IT IS NOT REAL, but in the IMAGINARY SCENARIO THAT IT IS REAL...hope that usage of language calrifies my intentions :o . Also, that steroids can develop neutral hormones into those of the opposite sex is a FACT. I did not make that up. Blame my health teacher for teaching erroneous information if you can prove otherwise. Being anubis was discovered before steroids, however, IT DOES HAPPEN that many straight males turn anubis because of steroid use. And i'd like to think that you don't disagree with that, as it is very commonly seen.

#48   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                                                                • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2005 - 10:56 AM

Eugine, on Aug 5 2005, 07:48 AM, said:

My first post didn't have anything to do with anubis genes... So what are you talking about? How could you reply to my post with your previous post?

My post: About marriage
                                                                                                  Your post: About anubis

How are they related? So how could I not catch they were different topics?

NO. My first post had nothing to do with yours. Then, you made this post :

Quote

And it was after that that this whole argument started. That's when I answered you, not previously.

#49   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                    • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:08 AM

I was replying to your theory, boy get a grip. Don't get so hyper.

I SIMPLY MADE A FRIENDLY REPLY, YOU BECAME MEAN AND RUDE. END ARGRUMENT NOW. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS.

Another thing I don't understand:
                                                                                                    How was the world created? Shouldn't something create it? And if something created it? Who created the something? HEHE

#50   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                                                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:27 AM

Eugine, on Aug 5 2005, 12:08 PM, said:

I was replying to your theory, boy get a grip. Don't get so hyper.

I SIMPLY MADE A FRIENDLY REPLY, YOU BECAME MEAN AND RUDE. END ARGRUMENT NOW. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS.

Another thing I don't understand:
                                                                                                      How was the world created? Shouldn't something create it? And if something created it? Who created the something? HEHE

why the hostility? I only made friendly replies :o my intention was not that of being mean/harassing you. My intention was that of clarifying. Hope you understand that. HAHA, guess who would've gotten mean if it was I who said "BOY GET A GRIP", or "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS", or "YOU IS TEH ROOD!!"?

anyways, to answer to your new question (NOTE: no hositlity is intended. I only want to present my opinion)...the origin of the world is pretty much the same as "who came first: ze chicken or ze egg?"...science hasn't found an answer to the question, religion has only some fairy tales about it(NO OFENCE INTENDED, it's just my opinion). And I'll make myself some fried eggs now. *makes elf some fried eggs* Anyways...I have no clue as to whether the world was created out of nothing, the big bang, or if some higher being created it...i think that if we keep thinking about it our heads will explode. We just don't posses enough knowledge. YET. </suspense>

#51   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                        • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 05 August 2005 - 01:03 PM

You see, why I say the world cannot be created by big bang because the sun created the big bang (I think so). Therefore, what created the sun? You can't say energy because the Law of Conservation of energy states:

Energy cannot be created or destroyed but changed from one form to another.

So how was energy created in the first place?

#52   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                                                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2005 - 02:03 PM

haha, the big bang was not created from the sun. However, the Sun was created during the big bang. In theory, the big bang was an explosion of matter and energy that started out at the size of a single cell, and expanded. As it expanded, the energy and matter releasd created all the planets, galaxies...in short, everything there is in the universe, including the sun, and all other suns out there. And it keeps expanding, hence the common thought that the universe has no limits/ends.

#53   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                            • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 05 August 2005 - 03:22 PM

Yeah I just researched it on Wikipedia.

How was the energy created in the first place? Also the matter? How were they created?

#54   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                                                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2005 - 04:40 PM

well, even the big bang is a theory and not a fact...so I would have to say I have no clue, nor any theory, as to how the energy and mass came to be

#55   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 06 August 2005 - 08:59 PM

Something I never understood.

The Definition of a scientific theory is something that has gone through the Scientific method, and can be repeated and tested, and seen.

Then why is Evolution called a theory?

#56   lifeform287 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                  • Posts: 731
                                                                                                                  • Joined: 31-March 05
                                                                                                                  • Location:Level 5 of hell

Posted 06 August 2005 - 09:32 PM

Why not?

Here is something I will never understand. Jack Thompson.

#57   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                                                                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2005 - 09:23 AM

Izar, on Aug 6 2005, 09:59 PM, said:

Something I never understood.

The Definition of a scientific theory is something that has gone through the Scientific method, and can be repeated and tested, and seen.

Then why is Evolution called a theory?

well, i guess it's called a theory cause they have found remnants of animals/whatever they were that have very similar structures, both physically, and genetically. That's whate they've "tested", and "seen" that these ancient beings might be in one way or another related to a certain species today. My guess.

#58   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                      • Posts: 2,686

Posted 07 August 2005 - 05:46 PM

What came first the chicken or the egg?

If you look at that question more carefully you can almost get the sense that it is asking you if you believe in creation or evolution.

#59   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                        • Posts: 1,860
                                                                                                                        • Joined: 22-January 05
                                                                                                                        • Gender:Female
                                                                                                                        • Location:Outside your window, watching....waiting

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:05 PM

I bet the chicken came first, but thats my oppinion.

#60   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:24 PM

ED, even if it's creationism or evolution, the Chicken had to have come first. :P

Eothain, on Aug 7 2005, 10:23 AM, said:

well, i guess it's called a theory cause they have found remnants of animals/whatever they were that have very similar structures, both physically, and genetically. That's whate they've "tested", and "seen" that these ancient beings might be in one way or another related to a certain species today. My guess.

That's what I am saying. It's the same deal with the Big Bang. Ibelieve that something like the big bang happened, but Istill don't know why they call that a theory. How can that be tested and repeated?

#61   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:29 PM

Izar, on Aug 7 2005, 07:24 PM, said:

ED, even if it's creationism or evolution, the Chicken had to have come first. :P

Would you like to back up your statement? That was a little vauge. Why do you believe that the chicken came first? The egg is where most chicken come from.

#62   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:41 PM

Yes, but the chicken had to evolve, that is, on the evolution trend.

On the creationism trend, it's the chicken still.

#63   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:49 PM

Izar, on Aug 7 2005, 07:41 PM, said:

Yes, but the chicken had to evolve, that is, on the evolution trend.

On the creationism trend, it's the chicken still.

That evolving process happens in the egg as well. This can be viewed from too points. Who is to say that there wasn't an egg to start with from which the chicken evolved from.

Now with the big bang theory the chances of the whole universe to be created from that theory is so small that it is to insignificant to be written down.

#64   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                                                  • Group: Moderator
                                                                                                                                  • Posts: 11,988
                                                                                                                                  • Joined: 21-July 04
                                                                                                                                  • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                                                                                                                  • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 07 August 2005 - 10:03 PM

Izar, on May 28 2005, 10:37 PM, said:

If a kid stars in a rated R movie, can he ever watch it when it's done?

You know, I've wondered about that...

I have a million things I've wondered about but I can't remember them all. :P

The chicken had to come first. On basic logic, if it started out as an egg, it would probably die before it was hatched due to lack of warmth because of the lack of a parent. You can say that some miracle kept it warm enough so it hatches, but I find that unlikely. A just-hatched chicken can't feed itself, too.

...Unless you guys were talking in metaphors. :huh: What the heck.

#65   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                                                                                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2005 - 03:54 PM

Izar, on Aug 7 2005, 07:24 PM, said:

Ibelieve that something like the big bang happened, but Istill don't know why they call that a theory. How can that be tested and repeated?

i might be mistaken, but i think that what's tested and repeated is a hypothesis, not a theory. IF a hypothesis is thoroughly tested and repeated, and gives you the same or very close results, then it becomes a theory. I think that's how it is.

Echo_djinn, on Aug 7 2005, 06:46 PM, said:

What came first the chicken or the egg?

If you look at that question more carefully you can almost get the sense that it is asking you if you believe in creation or evolution.

it depends how you look at it. I don't think it's asking you if you believe in creation or evolution...it COULD...but i just think it's simply asking...what it is asking. Which do you think came first. And from then on you can branch off and start talking about evolution/creation.

#66   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 08 August 2005 - 03:58 PM

Echo_djinn, on Aug 7 2005, 07:49 PM, said:

That evolving process happens in the egg as well. This can be viewed from too points. Who is to say that there wasn't an egg to start with from which the chicken evolved from.

Now with the big bang theory the chances of the whole universe to be created from that theory is so small that it is to insignificant to be written down.

Who's to say it can't happen while it's a chicken? :)

A hypothisis is an "educated guess," not something that is tested.

#67   el_Sethro 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                                        • Posts: 851
                                                                                                                                        • Joined: 30-March 04

Posted 08 August 2005 - 05:44 PM

the chicken/egg debate was already brought up, I think even earlier in this topic.

anyway, like I said the first time, I think the egg came first; Dinosaurs where laying eggs long before chickens existed

if you want to be picky and say "which came first; the chicken or the chicken egg", then I still say the egg, because the very last evolutionary step before the chicken would lay a chicken egg, which would hatch into the very first chicken. don't forget; animals don't evolve, the species itself evolves through reproduction and natural selection. nothing natural can alter an individual's genetics, the only way that the species evolves is through survival of the fittest; the weak members of the species die, removing their genes from the gene pool, and only the strog are left to breed, improving the species.

of course, if you don't believe in evolution, that probably won't convince you.

#68   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                          • Posts: 2,770
                                                                                                                                          • Location:London, UK
                                                                                                                                          • Interests:Video Games &amp; Hentai
                                                                                                                                          • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:07 AM

The Sky is blue because it's pregnant. What? Don't worry it's having an abortion.

#69   Neon 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                                            • Posts: 1,422
                                                                                                                                            • Joined: 28-February 04
                                                                                                                                            • Location:Aussieland

Posted 29 August 2005 - 06:27 AM

alright, lets get somethign clear. If creationism is correct, then it was the chicken. God clicked his fingers and tada, one chicken waiting to be eaten and breed and sh!t and do what chickens do.
                                                                                                                                            evolution? Well obviously, since the chickens lay eggs, whatever came before it also layed eggs. This animan, which we will call "Chicken beta 1.01a", layed a screwed up egg from which came the chicken. Obviously, the beta chicken is not a chicken, but the egg was certainly a chicken egg, so the mutated egg is what came before the chicken.

Creation = chicken
                                                                                                                                            Evolution = egg
                                                                                                                                            i happen to believe the egg came first, even if god exists.

Also, if you don't think evolution is real, then I feel I have to explain that it has actually been witnessed in recent years. There was a region with a pretty high population of white butterflys. This area was invaded by industrial buildings etc, and black ash collected around the area over time. The white butterflys were then easy to see amongst the black, and were killed of pretty quickly by birds. However, the black mutants which would usually be killed off were now harder to see, so as the white ones died off, the evolutionary, mutant black butterflys took over.

As for the sky being blue. That is because of dispersion. On a rainy day we look out the car window and, omg, there's a rainbow! As light enters the water drops, the different frequencies (colours) travel at different speeds, refract at different angles, and result in a dispersion of the spectrum. Every single water drop emits the rainbow, but we see red in one area and blue or pink or green in another because from that position, that part of the spectrum hits out eyes, and the rest goes on by. No two people will see the same rainbow. Where you see red, they may see green, because the red light is refracted towards you and the green portion toward your friend. The same is true for the sky. As light from the sun travelling through space somes into the atmosphere, varying densities, and therefore changes in speed of the photons on light, causes the light to disperse into the different colours and bend towards the earth. Essentually, the spectrum is dispersed such that the blue portion of the spectrum is refracted toward us, and we see it, while the rest simply misses us. This is also why the sky becomes more red at sunset, because some of the red light does actually refract toward us :P.
                                                                                                                                            Interestingly, the sun will stay visible for some time after it has actually moved around the Earth, because the light is being refracted through the atmosphere to our eyes :).

Do we have a nerd emoticon here? I think I need one right now, lol.

#70   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                              • Posts: 2,770
                                                                                                                                              • Location:London, UK
                                                                                                                                              • Interests:Video Games &amp; Hentai
                                                                                                                                              • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 29 August 2005 - 08:36 AM

I think we need several nerd emoticons for this geek.

#71   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                                                                                                              • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2005 - 10:23 AM

something i never understood...uuh...i know i could research this in the internet, but i'm too lazy, so i'll juss ask you guys... termites: as far as I know, there is only ONE queen per colony. Said queen keeps pumping out termites, but it (again, as far as I know) NEVER pumps out another queen. Now, where in hell does the queen come from in the first place?

#72   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                                                                  • Group: Moderator
                                                                                                                                                  • Posts: 11,988
                                                                                                                                                  • Joined: 21-July 04
                                                                                                                                                  • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                                                                                                                                  • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 29 August 2005 - 07:12 PM

(Apologies if you don't like this question)

Why do guys have nipples?

I mean seriously. >>;;

#73   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                                                                                                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2005 - 07:32 PM

Wind Dude, on Aug 29 2005, 08:12 PM, said:

Why do guys have nipples?

so you can get them pierced? i dunno, i couldn't come up with anything better...

#74   Luna 

• Disciple

Posted 30 August 2005 - 06:13 PM

In the woman's womb, we're all women until the hormones kick in :o

AND THAT'S WHERE GUYS COME FROM.

I'm being serious here.

-Explanation provided by Shebah's male wife.

#75   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple

Posted 30 August 2005 - 06:15 PM

:P Thats something I would never have liked to hear...

#76   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept

Posted 30 August 2005 - 06:19 PM

Sheba is right. It's all about the x chromozone(sp?). Science even sexy like me can like it. Why can you?

How can a person fail Phy.ed but yet still go almost every gym class he was assigned? I mean even if you don't like physical activities just standing there and lifting your arm should get you a pssing grade. That didn't happen to one of the students that went to my school. Say word? Fata$$.

#77   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                                            • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 30 August 2005 - 10:33 PM

I personally hate Pysical Education. I was so happy when they allowed us to drop it, I did it without a doubt. I don't take part in school sports whatsoever. They don't really support the sports I like.

#78   Neon 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                                                              • Posts: 1,422
                                                                                                                                                              • Joined: 28-February 04
                                                                                                                                                              • Location:Aussieland

Posted 31 August 2005 - 03:29 AM

I don't call making a fool of myself trying to do gymnastics a 'sport'.

#79   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 31 August 2005 - 06:33 PM

Sheba, on Aug 30 2005, 07:13 PM, said:

In the woman's womb, we're all women until the hormones kick in :P

AND THAT'S WHERE GUYS COME FROM.

I'm being serious here.

-Explanation provided by Shebah's male wife.

We are not "all women" we are technically niether sex, but that's only through like, the first month or something.

Why is it called a soap opera when nobody sings?

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

#80   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                                                                                                                                • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:29 PM

Izar, on Aug 31 2005, 07:33 PM, said:

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

yeah, if only the word ticK didn't have a "k" at the end. But very good analogy nonetheless, very interesting.

#81   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
                                                                                                                                                                    • Posts: 4,901
                                                                                                                                                                    • Joined: 08-July 04
                                                                                                                                                                    • Location:Manitouwadge, Ontario
                                                                                                                                                                    • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 31 August 2005 - 10:25 PM

I had that last one as part of my signature once, Izar. O:

Giraffes are the only animals born with horns. Both males and females are born with bony knobs on the forehead. :B

#82   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                                                      • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:03 AM

Sometimes male goats too, not a must though... Or do they develop the horns? I don't know :P

Lets say the world started off with two people (no religous explination please I know what the bible says about that), how did the create english?!?! Or all those languages for the matter.

#83   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple

Posted 01 September 2005 - 09:36 AM

Eugine, on Sep 1 2005, 07:03 AM, said:

Sometimes male goats too, not a must though... Or do they develop the horns? I don't know :P

Lets say the world started off with two people (no religous explination please I know what the bible says about that), how did the create english?!?! Or all those languages for the matter.

They probably made noises or I bet they did a sharades kind of thing, that slowly became english. That is a good question though, I never thought about that.

#84   cyberRoll 

• Slayer
                                                                                                                                                                        • PipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                                                                          • Posts: 304
                                                                                                                                                                          • Joined: 01-September 04
                                                                                                                                                                          • Location:Not on vacation
                                                                                                                                                                          • Interests:reading, writing, drawing<br />thats all.

Posted 01 September 2005 - 02:07 PM

Howcome numbers never end?
                                                                                                                                                                          HOw did they make the alphabet
                                                                                                                                                                          How do we know the alphabet isnt one really big word
                                                                                                                                                                          why doesnt Q come at the end of the alphabet?
                                                                                                                                                                          Why isnt x after y?
                                                                                                                                                                          What is with all the weird questions?
                                                                                                                                                                          How many times have you said the word 'the' in you lifetime?
                                                                                                                                                                          What do you think my sig says? (i know what it says but do you?)

#85   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 03 September 2005 - 08:36 AM

Those aren't questions you never understood... They are just questions.

Yeah, Eothain, Ticks was spelled at first without the k, and then changed into a word with a k.

#86   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                                                                                                                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2005 - 12:03 PM

Izar, on Sep 3 2005, 09:36 AM, said:

Yeah, Eothain, Ticks was spelled at first without the k, and then changed into a word with a k.

can always learn from this guy. I seriously didn't know ticks was first spelled without a k. Don't flame me tho, english is not my native/first language.

#87   cyberRoll 

• Slayer
                                                                                                                                                                              • PipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                                                                                • Posts: 304
                                                                                                                                                                                • Joined: 01-September 04
                                                                                                                                                                                • Location:Not on vacation
                                                                                                                                                                                • Interests:reading, writing, drawing<br />thats all.

Posted 03 September 2005 - 12:15 PM

Izar, on Sep 3 2005, 09:36 AM, said:

Those aren't questions you never understood... They are just questions.

Says you... if there just questions then why dont you answer them?

#88   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                                                                  • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 04 September 2005 - 06:27 AM

How come numbers never end?
                                                                                                                                                                                  Because any number can be added or multiplied by any number. Therefore making it infinite.

How did they make the alphabet
                                                                                                                                                                                  Assumption (speaking scientifically here): Man took century to learn how to talk, it progressed slowly, stones, verbal actions, all sort of things and as time progressed it went into english. Christianity: God simply taught us it.

How do we know the alphabet isnt one really big word?
                                                                                                                                                                                  Because it's not in the dictonary.

Why doesnt Q come at the end of the alphabet?
                                                                                                                                                                                  Why did you make that stupid question? The people who made it wanted it so!

Why isnt x after y?
                                                                                                                                                                                  Why did you make that stupid question? The people who made it wanted it so!

What is with all the weird questions?
                                                                                                                                                                                  That's for you to answer.

How many times have you said the word 'the' in you lifetime?
                                                                                                                                                                                  When you tell me how much times you said it I'll answer also.

What do you think my sig says? (i know what it says but do you?)
                                                                                                                                                                                  Sucks ^_^

#89   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                                                                                    • Posts: 1,629
                                                                                                                                                                                    • Joined: 04-June 04
                                                                                                                                                                                    • Location:Newport News, VA But not by choice.
                                                                                                                                                                                    • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 04 September 2005 - 07:29 AM

God wouldn't have tought us english, if you recall, the bible was written in aramaic. Engish was still centuries off.

#90   Luna 

• Disciple

Posted 04 September 2005 - 09:15 AM

The ones who first made a form of writing with one symbol to represent one sound were the Phoenicians. o.o

The ones who made our current alphabet were the Romans.

Our alphabet has that name because of the Greeks. Remember? Alpha - Beta and so on.

What the Bible says about languages is that we all spoke the same common language (dunno which one though). And at one point, we started building this HUGE tower in order to reach God in zee heavens. BUT SUDDENLY. Everyone started speaking different languages. (And they couldn't keep on building the thing cause they didn't understand each other). ... And that is what I remember from my children's-versino Bible.

But basically, languages just evolved. For example, the word "moon" is one of the most ancient words there is. If you notice, in most languages, the word 'moon' has some type of 'oooo' sound.

English: Moon
                                                                                                                                                                                      Spanish: Luna (prnounced Loo-na)
                                                                                                                                                                                      Japanese: Getsu
                                                                                                                                                                                      French: Lune

And so on.
                                                                                                                                                                                      As for numbers, the current system we used was invented by the Arabs. o.o Europe already used Roman numerals but, you can easily tell which one is much more simple and efficient, can't you?

#91   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                                                                                                                                                                        • Group: Admin
                                                                                                                                                                                        • Posts: 6,607
                                                                                                                                                                                        • Joined: 28-March 04
                                                                                                                                                                                        • Location:New York City, Boston

Posted 27 November 2007 - 02:10 PM

One thing I've never been able to understand is what it means for there to be no color. Some go by the fact that blackness is the absence of color - but then, isn't black itself a color? What exactly is "nothing" and how does it "look"?

#92   Quacnar 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                                                                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                                                                                          • Posts: 793
                                                                                                                                                                                          • Joined: 30-October 07
                                                                                                                                                                                          • Location:Coztopia
                                                                                                                                                                                          • Interests:Video games, Computer, Card games, Theatre
                                                                                                                                                                                          • AKA killercoz

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:48 PM

Interesting thread. Hey diddle diddle here is a riddle: Why do you park in the driveway and drive on the parkway?

#93   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                                                                            • Posts: 8,730
                                                                                                                                                                                            • Joined: 09-June 06
                                                                                                                                                                                            • Location:England
                                                                                                                                                                                            • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:21 AM

Osmosis confuses the crap out of me. I know what it does and how, but I dont know why. I always need to know why something will do something, otherwise I wont understand it.

#94   Xelina 

• Berserker
                                                                                                                                                                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                                                                                              • Posts: 436
                                                                                                                                                                                              • Joined: 18-January 07
                                                                                                                                                                                              • Location:Look behind you~ &gt;3
                                                                                                                                                                                              • Interests:Anime: Trinity Blood, Bleach, and Samurai Champloo.<br />Manga: Xxx Holic, X/ 1999, and Dragon Knights<br />Game: Final Fantasy VII, .Hack GU, KH II, [b]Tales of the Abyss[/b]<br />---------------------<br />Favorite Characters: Sephiroth, Vincent, Leon/Squall, [b]JADE CURTISS[/b]<br />Favorite Online Game: RO<br />Favorite Colors: Blue, Purple, Black, Green<br />Favoirte Music: J-pop, Rock, Metal, J-rock, Pop.<br />Favorite all time artist: CLAMP<br />Favorite Band: System of a Down<br />Favorite Song: Kiss by a Rose, Sail (sp?)<br />Favorite Food: Chocolate<br />Favorite Word: Pie<br />---------------------<br />Total RPC: 5<br /><br />Names of RPC:<br /><br />Yuki Shadow (F)<br />Fay W. Sabakura (M)<br />Black Cat (F)<br />White Cat (M)<br />Fionn (M)

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:47 PM

There is one thing which I wonder all the time is that...

Why do we need to learn Physics or Calculus anyway?

We don't need it unless we go into a science or math field.... :/

#95   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                                                                                • Posts: 4,114
                                                                                                                                                                                                • Joined: 29-April 07
                                                                                                                                                                                                • Location:Sky Haven, the island in the sky
                                                                                                                                                                                                • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
                                                                                                                                                                                                • AKA escout

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:18 PM

Why do hot dog come in packages of ten, but hot dog buns come in packages of 8?

#96   Blue 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                                                                                  • Posts: 5,429
                                                                                                                                                                                                  • Joined: 18-July 05
                                                                                                                                                                                                  • Location:Chandler, AZ
                                                                                                                                                                                                  • Interests:Video Games and Drift Racing

Posted 29 November 2007 - 01:44 AM

View PostXelina, on Nov 28 2007, 07:47 PM, said:

There is one thing which I wonder all the time is that...

Why do we need to learn Physics or Calculus anyway?

We don't need it unless we go into a science or math field.... :/

LOL, I unfortunatly learned this the hard way...
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Video Games. If no one bothered studing, we wouldn't have the great games we have now. It probably would still just be side scrolling stuff.

#97   Tasuki 

• Slayer
                                                                                                                                                                                                  • PipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                                                                                                    • Posts: 311
                                                                                                                                                                                                    • Joined: 23-February 07
                                                                                                                                                                                                    • Location:Newton,MA
                                                                                                                                                                                                    • Interests:Anime,Swiming,Annoying peolple,Video Games,and anything pengiun or Japanese related

Posted 29 November 2007 - 06:08 AM

Why do cats have 9 lives? Why not 7?

Who saw a cat died of curiosity?

Why do people say "practice makes perfect.", but they also say "nobody perfect."?

#98   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                                                                                      • Posts: 4,671
                                                                                                                                                                                                      • Joined: 12-September 05
                                                                                                                                                                                                      • Location:...
                                                                                                                                                                                                      • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:08 AM

Math. Any math. I'm so ****ing bad at it... Now Toasty will visit this thread and go on about how great at it he is. :blink:

#99   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                                                                                        • Posts: 8,730
                                                                                                                                                                                                        • Joined: 09-June 06
                                                                                                                                                                                                        • Location:England
                                                                                                                                                                                                        • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:42 AM

The sky is blue because of blue light scattering through the particles.

I never understand remorse, and why some people have none.

I dont understand how some people are naturally good at things.

#100   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                                                                                          • Posts: 9,159
                                                                                                                                                                                                          • AKA Me111

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:44 AM

View PostEarth Dude, on Nov 28 2007, 07:21 AM, said:

Osmosis confuses the crap out of me. I know what it does and how, but I dont know why. I always need to know why something will do something, otherwise I wont understand it.

Good old GCSE biology. I always found the Physics side of it more confusing myself though.
                                                                                                                                                                                                          I don't understand why people insist on stopping and hugging their friends IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAMN CORRIDOR? Seriously it happened so many times today. Why can't they let the grumpy people through?

#101   Xelina 

• Berserker
                                                                                                                                                                                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                                                                                                            • Posts: 436
                                                                                                                                                                                                            • Joined: 18-January 07
                                                                                                                                                                                                            • Location:Look behind you~ &gt;3
                                                                                                                                                                                                            • Interests:Anime: Trinity Blood, Bleach, and Samurai Champloo.<br />Manga: Xxx Holic, X/ 1999, and Dragon Knights<br />Game: Final Fantasy VII, .Hack GU, KH II, [b]Tales of the Abyss[/b]<br />---------------------<br />Favorite Characters: Sephiroth, Vincent, Leon/Squall, [b]JADE CURTISS[/b]<br />Favorite Online Game: RO<br />Favorite Colors: Blue, Purple, Black, Green<br />Favoirte Music: J-pop, Rock, Metal, J-rock, Pop.<br />Favorite all time artist: CLAMP<br />Favorite Band: System of a Down<br />Favorite Song: Kiss by a Rose, Sail (sp?)<br />Favorite Food: Chocolate<br />Favorite Word: Pie<br />---------------------<br />Total RPC: 5<br /><br />Names of RPC:<br /><br />Yuki Shadow (F)<br />Fay W. Sabakura (M)<br />Black Cat (F)<br />White Cat (M)<br />Fionn (M)

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:19 PM

@Me111: Because we likes to be road blocks~<3

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                                                                                                                                            • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                                                                                                                                            • You cannot reply to this topic