Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

If Gsw Ever Got A Battle System...

Poll: What would you like it to be? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

What would you like it to be?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1   Blink 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:33 PM

Well, I'd prefer mine to be a MMO overhead fighter. Picture the madness of large groups of players wacking enemies with staffs and swords from the overhead view, or just a quiet day where someone runs up and bashes someone else on the head with a sword. It would be quite enjoyable, and easier to implement than turn based.

#2   Elliott 

• Cool
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
      • AKA Agatio

Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:17 PM

I very highly doubt Max will ever even consider this, but I'd like real time like Zelda.

#3   Blink 

• Disciple
        • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 02 June 2005 - 05:39 PM

I have absolutely no intent of this making any impact on GSW. That's why it's in general talk. It's like saying, "If Link turned into a cow in the next Zelda game, should it be a brown cow, a white cow, or a black cow? Spotted or not spotted?" or something equally pointless. Yes, it could happen, but we really all doubt it in the first place.

So, realtime overworld? That falls into the first option.

#4   I'm Always BROKE 

• Master Adept
          • AKA Fire Dude, Diddy Kong

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:31 AM

A fighting option would be fun. It will atract more people atleast...

#5   Kewne 

• Lord
          • PipPipPipPip
            • Group: Banned

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:44 AM

I think text-based would be the most "real" gs fighting. But I don't think it will work on pvp(person versus person). So a real time fighting system will probably be the best(if it will be a fighting system)

#6   Max 

• Administrator
              • Group: Admin

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:21 PM

I like that you guys are suggesting ideas, and keep doing so. Just keep in mind that if we were to implement a battle system, it would most likely be like the real GS battle system, seeing as how we are doing our best to emulate the rest of the Golden Sun game engine anyways.

#7   Elliott 

• Cool
                • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                • AKA Agatio

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:38 PM

That's what I thought you would do also. Seeings as the movement, characters, gameplay, buildings etc. all keeps within the GS style, the battle system, if there ever is one, should prolly stay the same as in GS as well.

#8   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 04 June 2005 - 11:09 AM

Yeah, if we can get the actual coding of the GS battle engine from camelot, that would be awesome. But, in all honesty, I doubt anyone will ever be able to perfectly replicate another company's system, especially the good ones.

Remember Z targeting in Zelda? No one got that right until Rare did it with Starfox Adventures, but that was a whole generation later.

#9   Max 

• Administrator

Posted 05 June 2005 - 08:15 AM

Blink, I'm not sure if you have seen it, but on GSS in the Flash section (bottom of the menu) you can see a battle system demo that someone had made a year or two ago. It pretty accurately replicates the 3d rotation mechanism of the battle system, and it would be pretty easy to add different stances and additional characters to that system. Then it would just be a matter of recording all the animations, which is time consuming but not difficult (just like ripping the sprites).

#10   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:26 PM

Oooh, wow. Never noticed that before, that's quite nifty. Well, looks like that's one huge hurtle overcome. If you guys ever do make a battle system, I'm still here , ready and open to helping record animations. Always glad to help :)

Anywho, I guess that kind of kills this topic. Mods, feel free to lock this, unless someone has something else to say.

#11   angelchii 

• Gallant
                      • PipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:53 PM

well i like some real action like war

#12   Jai 

• Knight
                        • PipPip
                          • Interests:E mail me and I'll telll you (if your a female) Im also African American

Posted 12 June 2005 - 11:16 PM

In my opinion turned based fighting on the computer just won't cut for me alltho the idea of it still kinda sounds complicated because if camelot was willing to lets us use their battle system alterations would have to be made to it. Like the fact that the battle system would have to be altred to only one on one fights insted of four on four, also the use of dinjinn and summons wouldn't be allowed due to the simple fact that dinjinn have to be set in order to use summons and without that option on the normal gsw server it could cause glitches, also everybody would pretty much have the same hp and pp seprate distrubution of certin stats and rules set with the battle system could further set back changes to beta. In other words its either the battle system changes or beta changes either way its way too much to consider an option at this point I think are best chances are to look for a similar battle system that can play into what we all ready have and not to whats needed.

#13   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:06 AM

I think if it was done like the versus system, we could have 4vs4. Just every person would have 90 seconds to decide on an attack, and you could talk to your team members when deciding attacks, and talk to everyone when people are attacking eachother.

#14   Mathak Kraven 

• Lord
                            • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2005 - 12:45 AM

I'd go for the turn based, let's keep Golden Sun, Golden Sun as it is, just needs to be turn based that's all.

#15   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                • Group: Moderator
                                • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 18 June 2005 - 11:02 AM

"MMO overhead fighter(like warhammer?)" would be plain awesome, though. Like Blink said, it'd be hilarious to see little Isaac sprites swing swords and hammers and whatnot all over the place. XD I doubt it'd be much harder than putting in the actual GS battle system in, too.

#16   Neon 

• Disciple

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:41 AM

If ever GSW gets a battle system, it should be like GS. Why would it be any other way? :\

#17   Max 

• Administrator

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:19 PM

Yes, as I've said many times before, if GSW ever gets a battle system it will be as close a duplicate of the real GS battle system as we can make.

#18   isaac2112 

• Gallant
                                    • PipPipPip
                                      • Location:the land of the ice and snow from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow
                                      • Interests:the band led zeppelin. the band rush. <br /><br />2112<br /><br />[I. Overture]<br /><br />And the meek shall inherit the earth...<br /><br />[II. Temples of Syrinx]<br /><br />...'The massive grey walls of the Temples rise from the heart of every Federation city. I <br />have always been awed by them, to think that every single facet of every life is regulated <br />and directed from within! Our books, our music, our work and play are all looked after by <br />the benevolent wisdom of the priests...'<br /><br />We've taken care of everything<br />The words you hear, the songs you sing<br />The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes<br />It's one for all and all for one<br />We work together, common sons<br />Never need to wonder how or why<br /><br />We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx<br />Our great computers fill the hallowed halls<br />We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx<br />All the gifts of life are held within our walls<br /><br />Look around at this world we've made<br />Equality our stock in trade<br />Come and join the Brotherhood of Man<br />Oh, what a nice, contented world<br />Let the banners be unfurled<br />Hold the Red Star proudly high in hand<br /><br />We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx<br />Our great computers fill the hallowed halls<br />We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx<br />All the gifts of life are held within our walls<br /><br />[III. Discovery]<br /><br />'...Behind my beloved waterfall, in the little room that was hidden beneath the cave, I <br />found it. I brushed away the dust of the years, and picked it up, holding it reverently in <br />my hands. I had no idea what it might be, but it was beautiful...'<br /><br />'...I learned to lay my fingers across the wires, and to turn the keys to make them sound <br />differently. As I struck the wires with my other hand, I produced my first harmonious sounds <br />and soon my own music! How different it could be from the music of the Temples! I can't wait <br />to tell the priests about it!...'<br /><br />What can this strange device be?<br />When I touch it, it gives forth a sound<br />It's got wires that vibrate and give music<br />What can this thing be that I found?<br /><br />See how it sings like a sad heart<br />And joyously screams out its pain<br />Sounds that build high like a mountain<br />Or notes that fall gently like rain<br /><br />I can't wait to share this new wonder<br />The people will all see its light<br />Let them all make their own music<br />The Priests praise my name on this night<br /><br />[IV. Presentation]<br /><br />'...In the sudden silence as I finished playing, I looked up to a circle of grim, <br />expressionless faces. Father Brown rose to his feet, and his somnolent voice echoed <br />throughout the silent Temple Hall...'<br /><br />'...Instead of the grateful joy that I expected, they were words of quiet rejection! <br />Instead of praise, sullen dismissal. I watched in shock and horror as Father Brown ground <br />my precious instrument to splinters beneath his feet...'<br /><br />I know it's most unusual<br />To come before you so<br />But I've found an ancient miracle<br />I thought that you should know<br />Listen to my music<br />And hear what it can do<br />There's something here as strong as life<br />I know that it will reach you<br /><br />Yes, we know, it's nothing new<br />It's just a waste of time<br />We have no need for ancient ways<br />The world is doing fine<br />Another toy will help destroy<br />The elder race of man<br />Forget about your silly whim<br />It doesn't fit the plan<br /><br />I can't believe you're saying<br />These things just can't be true<br />Our world could use this beauty<br />Just think what we might do<br />Listen to my music<br />And hear what it can do<br />There's something here as strong as life<br />I know that it will reach you<br /><br />Don't annoy us further!<br />We have our work to do<br />Just think about the average<br />What use have they for you?<br />Another toy will help destroy<br />The elder race of man<br />Forget about your silly whim<br />It doesn't fit the Plan!<br /><br />[V. Oracle: The Dream]<br /><br />'...I guess it was a dream, but even now it all seems so vivid to me. Clearly yet I see <br />the beckoning hand of the oracle as he stood at the summit of the staircase...'<br /><br />'...I see still the incredible beauty of the sculptured cities and the pure spirit of man <br />revealed in the lives and works of this world. I was overwhelmed by both wonder and <br />understanding as I saw a completely different way to life, a way that had been crushed <br />by the Federation long ago. I saw now how meaningless life had become with the loss of <br />all these things...'<br /><br />I wandered home though the silent streets<br />And fell into a fitful sleep<br />Escape to realms beyond the night<br />Dream can't you show me the light?<br /><br />I stand atop a spiral stair<br />An oracle confronts me there<br />He leads me on light years away<br />Through astral nights, galactic days<br />I see the works of gifted hands<br />That grace this strange and wondrous land<br />I see the hand of man arise<br />With hungry mind and open eyes<br /><br />They left the planet long ago<br />The elder race still learn and grow<br />Their power grows with purpose strong<br />To claim the home where they belong<br />Home to tear the Temples down...<br />Home to change!<br /><br />[VI. Soliloquy]<br /><br />'...I have not left this cave for days now, it has become my last refuge in my total <br />despair. I have only the music of the waterfall to comfort me now. I can no longer live <br />under the control of the Federation, but there is no other place to go. My last hope is <br />that with my death I may pass into the world of my dream, and know peace at last.'<br /><br />The sleep is still in my eyes<br />The dream is still in my head<br />I heave a sigh and sadly smile<br />And lie a while in bed<br />I wish that it might come to pass<br />Not fade like all my dreams...<br /><br />Just think of what my life might be<br />In a world like I have seen!<br />I don't think I can carry on<br />Carry on this cold and empty life<br /><br />My spirits are low in the depths of despair<br />My lifeblood...<br />...Spills over...<br /><br />[VII. The Grand Finale]<br /><br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />We have assumed control<br />We have assumed control<br />We have assumed control<br /><br />Whole Lotta Love <br />(Bonham/Jones/Page/Plant) <br /><br />You need coolin', baby, I'm not foolin', <br />I'm gonna send you back to schoolin', <br />Way down inside honey, you need it, <br />I'm gonna give you my love, <br />I'm gonna give you my love. <br /><br />*Wanna Whole Lotta Love (X4) <br /><br />You've been learnin', baby, I bean learnin', <br />All them good times, baby, baby, I've been yearnin', <br />Way, way down inside honey, you need it, <br />I'm gonna give you my love... I'm gonna give you my love. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />You've been coolin', baby, I've been droolin', <br />All the good times I've been misusin', <br />Way, way down inside, I'm gonna give you my love, <br />I'm gonna give you every inch of my love, <br />Gonna give you my love. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />Way down inside... woman... You need... love. <br /><br />Shake for me, girl. I wanna be your backdoor man. <br />Keep it coolin', baby. <br /><br />Black Dog <br />(Jones/Page/Plant) <br /><br />Hey, hey, mama, said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove. <br />Oh, oh, child, way you shake that thing, gonna make you burn, gonna make you sting. <br />Hey, hey, baby, when you walk that way, watch your honey drip, can't keep away. <br /><br />*Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. <br /><br />I gotta roll, can't stand still, got a flame in my heart, can't get my fill. <br />Eyes that shine burning red, dreams of you all through my head. <br /><br />Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah. <br /><br />Hey, baby, oh, baby, pretty baby, Tell me won't you you do me now. <br /><br />Didn't take too long 'fore I found out, what people mean my down and out. <br />Spent my money, took my car, started telling her friends she wants to be a star. <br />I don't know but I been told, a big-legged woman ain't got no soul. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />All I ask for when I pray, steady rollin' woman gonna come my way. <br />Need a woman gonna hold my hand, won't tell me no lies, make me a happy man. <br /><br />Immigrant Song <br />(Page/Plant) <br /><br />Ah, ah, <br />We come from the land of the ice and snow, <br />From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow. <br />The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands, <br />To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming! <br /><br />On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore. <br /><br />Ah, ah, <br />We come from the land of the ice and snow, <br />From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow. <br />How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of gore, <br />Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your overlords. <br /><br />On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore. <br /><br />So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins, <br />For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing.

Posted 21 August 2005 - 07:31 PM

ya. if it is going to be a gs game then it should be like the fighting style that the gs 1 and 2 have. though i think that should be a time limit to how long you have to decide to attack. kind of the like when you are fightng someone with your gbas'.

#19   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 12 September 2005 - 03:27 PM

Max, on Jul 4 2005, 08:19 PM, said:

Yes, as I've said many times before, if GSW ever gets a battle system it will be as close a duplicate of the real GS battle system as we can make.

I agree with this. We should be loyal to the game if we're basing our chat engine on it, but that's just me.

#20   GaretFire 

• New User

Posted 23 September 2005 - 08:05 PM

hmmm...an army of every sprite in this whole game whackin everyone with there little staffs and swords and blah blah, but if u were imagining that, add spells to it and it would be mayhem. Freakin Ragnaroks and Heatwaves and Shining Plamas and all those super spells all over the freakin town. It would make the whole game lag like it was runned by a hamster powered modem. To tell u the truth if Max were to do that it would be seriously hilarious cuz i mean like 1 person can be hit by a Ragnarok spell by everyone who was Isaac OR be surrounded and be whacked around like an pinata. Btw i would stick to the turned based idea.

#21   I'm Always BROKE 

• Master Adept

Posted 24 September 2005 - 12:25 AM

If Max wants to screw up the GSW idea we know where to find you GF... :P

#22   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 24 September 2005 - 07:09 PM

Actually, no we don't. GF, what was the point of that post? To prove that your idea was dumb?

#23   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 26 September 2005 - 04:23 PM

It doesn't have to be the WHOLE map. If possible, I think it would be better to allow MMO overhead fighter battles in only very specific places. Like a Collosuem, for example. That way, if someone wants to fight MMO overhead they could simply go to the designated spot. =D

IF AveneR and Max implement MMO overhead fighting battles.

#24   Max 

• Administrator

Posted 26 September 2005 - 04:40 PM

Let me just cut this off at the head before people keep going on about it: there will never be overhead battle like that. First off, we aren't even going to have a battle system until later versions. When we finally decide that it is time for a battle system, we are going to do ourselves and Camelot justice and recreate the one from the game. No if's, and's, or but's. It's either the real thing, or nothing at all.

#25   King 

• Squire
                                                  • Pip

Posted 27 September 2005 - 03:53 AM

I'de go with something like the real golden sun battle system which is a four party turn system so yesh that would be sweet, also they could you know add party things that people of certiant levels and such can create a party and have 3 more people in it

#26   Neon 

• Disciple

Posted 27 September 2005 - 03:55 AM

Max said:

Let me just cut this off at the head before people keep going on about it: there will never be overhead battle like that. First off, we aren't even going to have a battle system until later versions. When we finally decide that it is time for a battle system, we are going to do ourselves and Camelot justice and recreate the one from the game. No if's, and's, or but's. It's either the real thing, or nothing at all.
                                                      Haha! Good man :P
                                                      Why anyone would even consider an overhead battle system for GSW is beyond me.

This is somewhat unrelated to this subject, but I thought it would be a good idea. You should implement some commands that allow us to nudge people or douse them. I think that would be pretty amusing :). You basically just have the out of battle psynergy animations. Douse would, of course, be the douse animation. Then you can hit others using force or move or pound, etc.
                                                      Basically GSWs version of trout slapping :P

#27   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 27 September 2005 - 11:11 AM

I still think that even that could get out of hand. Don't underestimate the stupidity of some people.

#28   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                          • Joined: 28-January 04
                                                          • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 27 September 2005 - 01:44 PM

How will it really? You could do something like "Eugine invites you to a battle" and you accept/decline. Also you can have an option to disable battling OR you could do it like you go into a colloseum.

#29   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James
                                                            • Joined: 04-October 04
                                                            • Location:Winnipeg, MB

Posted 27 September 2005 - 02:21 PM

That would work, we could have a sort of PM system for battling in colosseum rooms or something.

#30   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                              • Joined: 21-July 04
                                                              • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 28 September 2005 - 07:21 AM

Blargh, but that would ruin the chaos of everyone using douse on each other by making it too... organized! D:

#31   Neon 

• Disciple
                                                                • Joined: 28-February 04
                                                                • Location:Aussieland

Posted 28 September 2005 - 07:32 AM

that's why you have douse and stuff as actions, and then have proper duals where we can have GS battles. And there could be some whole ranking system or something.

I'm sure every time Max reads these topics he slips one bit closer to a nervous breakdown. What do we do here? Offer moral support and enthusiasm? no, we keep creating more and more outlandish and increasingly complex ideas that he has to implement before we're happy :P.

#32   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                  • Posts: 11,988
                                                                  • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 28 September 2005 - 07:49 AM

I don't think you understand what I'm saying again. D:

#33   Neon 

• Disciple
                                                                    • Posts: 1,422
                                                                    • Gender:Male

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:15 AM

Feel free to explain in more detail then if you think I misunderstood -_-'

#34   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James
                                                                      • Posts: 10,366

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:29 AM

Organization is our friend. And we all have to remember, this is a chat engine, not a GS replica.

#35   Max 

• Administrator
                                                                        • Posts: 1,837
                                                                        • Joined: 26-January 04
                                                                        • Location:Philadelphia

Posted 28 September 2005 - 07:39 PM

I'm sure every time Max reads these topics he slips one bit closer to a nervous breakdown.

Haha Neon, that's pretty good. So true, so true. Though at this point I'm mostly just blocking all this out as there really is no room to negotiate on this topic. Either we have a battle, in which case it would be a replica of the real GS battle system, or we don't have one at all. No middle ground. GSW is supposed to be a replication/extension of the GS world into the online environment, and having any other type of battle system would be against GSW's philosophy.

#36   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 29 September 2005 - 10:14 AM

It is true, we should just abandon this forum and focus on reality and not mindless fantasies.

#37   Zxor 

• Disciple
                                                                            • Posts: 1,588
                                                                            • Joined: 10-November 04

Posted 29 September 2005 - 09:41 PM

Max, I think you should focus less on the battles, and more on games and things to buy, and entertainment stuff. But, I think it should be like an over map, and you can just swing a sword around and hit people, and they get knocked back.

#38   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 30 September 2005 - 07:05 AM

That would be kind of like Zelda, Zxor and it would get really annoying if you tried to walk to places and people kept hitting you with their swords, don't you think?

#39   Zxor 

• Disciple
                                                                                • Posts: 1,588
                                                                                • Joined: 10-November 04

Posted 30 September 2005 - 07:45 AM

Ya, that would be like zelda, but I still think the screen should not change, like, it should still be looking down like it always does.

#40   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 30 September 2005 - 08:13 AM

No, I mean like a GBA Zelda. LttP is an overhead game and getting knocked back all the time is annoying, take it from me.

#41   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                    • Posts: 11,988
                                                                                    • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 30 September 2005 - 05:09 PM

View PostZxor, on Sep 29 2005, 10:41 PM, said:

But, I think it should be like an over map, and you can just swing a sword around and hit people, and they get knocked back.
                                                                                    THAT was just what I was thinking of! Gosh, why couldn't I have worded it that way? XD

What if it was done so that swords could only be used in specific maps, like a Collosuem or something?

Anyway, don't get into the idea too much. Fighting in any form has become sort of overrated if you think about it, and besides, something like this could ruin the "point" of GSW, which is mainly chatting if I've observed correctly. Everyone would want to bash each other with swords. XP

#42   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                      • Posts: 4,671
                                                                                      • Joined: 12-September 05
                                                                                      • Location:...
                                                                                      • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 02 October 2005 - 01:08 PM

Um... Why are you guys still discussing what kind of different battle systems could be possible when Max clearly stated if battles were ever implemented that they would be the GS turn based battles.

But still... we can dream, right?

#43   Neon 

• Disciple
                                                                                        • Posts: 1,422

Posted 03 October 2005 - 12:59 AM

I think they're trying to prove to everyone else that their ideas are better ._.

That said, hitting people around like in LoZ would be fun, but like I already said, stuff like that would have to be leaved as actions. What I mean by actions is that we could douse on other users outside of battle or use scoop to search for random items or use force to push other members around.
                                                                                        Any proper battling would have to be like a GS turn based battle. Maybe some system where you challenge another member by clicking on them and selecting 'challenge'. They then have a box pop up that asks them if they want to battle whatever member challenged them, and 30 seconds to accept or they automatically decline. And also an option to automatically decline any challenges so people don't spam you with it :P.

But none of this is happening until the interactive side of GSW is finished. So how about we all get off our fat arses and help max? XP
                                                                                        I would, but I don't know if I can really do the sort of stuff needed for GSW. I can code interative things in Flash, but GSW seems to be a lot more complicated, using xml, servers, and all sorts of things I don't know about >_<.

#44   isaac2112 

• Gallant
                                                                                        • PipPipPip
                                                                                          • Posts: 160
                                                                                          • Joined: 20-August 05
                                                                                          • Location:the land of the ice and snow from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow
                                                                                          • Interests:the band led zeppelin. the band rush. <br /><br />2112<br /><br />[I. Overture]<br /><br />And the meek shall inherit the earth...<br /><br />[II. Temples of Syrinx]<br /><br />...'The massive grey walls of the Temples rise from the heart of every Federation city. I <br />have always been awed by them, to think that every single facet of every life is regulated <br />and directed from within! Our books, our music, our work and play are all looked after by <br />the benevolent wisdom of the priests...'<br /><br />We've taken care of everything<br />The words you hear, the songs you sing<br />The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes<br />It's one for all and all for one<br />We work together, common sons<br />Never need to wonder how or why<br /><br />We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx<br />Our great computers fill the hallowed halls<br />We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx<br />All the gifts of life are held within our walls<br /><br />Look around at this world we've made<br />Equality our stock in trade<br />Come and join the Brotherhood of Man<br />Oh, what a nice, contented world<br />Let the banners be unfurled<br />Hold the Red Star proudly high in hand<br /><br />We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx<br />Our great computers fill the hallowed halls<br />We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx<br />All the gifts of life are held within our walls<br /><br />[III. Discovery]<br /><br />'...Behind my beloved waterfall, in the little room that was hidden beneath the cave, I <br />found it. I brushed away the dust of the years, and picked it up, holding it reverently in <br />my hands. I had no idea what it might be, but it was beautiful...'<br /><br />'...I learned to lay my fingers across the wires, and to turn the keys to make them sound <br />differently. As I struck the wires with my other hand, I produced my first harmonious sounds <br />and soon my own music! How different it could be from the music of the Temples! I can't wait <br />to tell the priests about it!...'<br /><br />What can this strange device be?<br />When I touch it, it gives forth a sound<br />It's got wires that vibrate and give music<br />What can this thing be that I found?<br /><br />See how it sings like a sad heart<br />And joyously screams out its pain<br />Sounds that build high like a mountain<br />Or notes that fall gently like rain<br /><br />I can't wait to share this new wonder<br />The people will all see its light<br />Let them all make their own music<br />The Priests praise my name on this night<br /><br />[IV. Presentation]<br /><br />'...In the sudden silence as I finished playing, I looked up to a circle of grim, <br />expressionless faces. Father Brown rose to his feet, and his somnolent voice echoed <br />throughout the silent Temple Hall...'<br /><br />'...Instead of the grateful joy that I expected, they were words of quiet rejection! <br />Instead of praise, sullen dismissal. I watched in shock and horror as Father Brown ground <br />my precious instrument to splinters beneath his feet...'<br /><br />I know it's most unusual<br />To come before you so<br />But I've found an ancient miracle<br />I thought that you should know<br />Listen to my music<br />And hear what it can do<br />There's something here as strong as life<br />I know that it will reach you<br /><br />Yes, we know, it's nothing new<br />It's just a waste of time<br />We have no need for ancient ways<br />The world is doing fine<br />Another toy will help destroy<br />The elder race of man<br />Forget about your silly whim<br />It doesn't fit the plan<br /><br />I can't believe you're saying<br />These things just can't be true<br />Our world could use this beauty<br />Just think what we might do<br />Listen to my music<br />And hear what it can do<br />There's something here as strong as life<br />I know that it will reach you<br /><br />Don't annoy us further!<br />We have our work to do<br />Just think about the average<br />What use have they for you?<br />Another toy will help destroy<br />The elder race of man<br />Forget about your silly whim<br />It doesn't fit the Plan!<br /><br />[V. Oracle: The Dream]<br /><br />'...I guess it was a dream, but even now it all seems so vivid to me. Clearly yet I see <br />the beckoning hand of the oracle as he stood at the summit of the staircase...'<br /><br />'...I see still the incredible beauty of the sculptured cities and the pure spirit of man <br />revealed in the lives and works of this world. I was overwhelmed by both wonder and <br />understanding as I saw a completely different way to life, a way that had been crushed <br />by the Federation long ago. I saw now how meaningless life had become with the loss of <br />all these things...'<br /><br />I wandered home though the silent streets<br />And fell into a fitful sleep<br />Escape to realms beyond the night<br />Dream can't you show me the light?<br /><br />I stand atop a spiral stair<br />An oracle confronts me there<br />He leads me on light years away<br />Through astral nights, galactic days<br />I see the works of gifted hands<br />That grace this strange and wondrous land<br />I see the hand of man arise<br />With hungry mind and open eyes<br /><br />They left the planet long ago<br />The elder race still learn and grow<br />Their power grows with purpose strong<br />To claim the home where they belong<br />Home to tear the Temples down...<br />Home to change!<br /><br />[VI. Soliloquy]<br /><br />'...I have not left this cave for days now, it has become my last refuge in my total <br />despair. I have only the music of the waterfall to comfort me now. I can no longer live <br />under the control of the Federation, but there is no other place to go. My last hope is <br />that with my death I may pass into the world of my dream, and know peace at last.'<br /><br />The sleep is still in my eyes<br />The dream is still in my head<br />I heave a sigh and sadly smile<br />And lie a while in bed<br />I wish that it might come to pass<br />Not fade like all my dreams...<br /><br />Just think of what my life might be<br />In a world like I have seen!<br />I don't think I can carry on<br />Carry on this cold and empty life<br /><br />My spirits are low in the depths of despair<br />My lifeblood...<br />...Spills over...<br /><br />[VII. The Grand Finale]<br /><br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />We have assumed control<br />We have assumed control<br />We have assumed control<br /><br />Whole Lotta Love <br />(Bonham/Jones/Page/Plant) <br /><br />You need coolin', baby, I'm not foolin', <br />I'm gonna send you back to schoolin', <br />Way down inside honey, you need it, <br />I'm gonna give you my love, <br />I'm gonna give you my love. <br /><br />*Wanna Whole Lotta Love (X4) <br /><br />You've been learnin', baby, I bean learnin', <br />All them good times, baby, baby, I've been yearnin', <br />Way, way down inside honey, you need it, <br />I'm gonna give you my love... I'm gonna give you my love. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />You've been coolin', baby, I've been droolin', <br />All the good times I've been misusin', <br />Way, way down inside, I'm gonna give you my love, <br />I'm gonna give you every inch of my love, <br />Gonna give you my love. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />Way down inside... woman... You need... love. <br /><br />Shake for me, girl. I wanna be your backdoor man. <br />Keep it coolin', baby. <br /><br />Black Dog <br />(Jones/Page/Plant) <br /><br />Hey, hey, mama, said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove. <br />Oh, oh, child, way you shake that thing, gonna make you burn, gonna make you sting. <br />Hey, hey, baby, when you walk that way, watch your honey drip, can't keep away. <br /><br />*Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. <br /><br />I gotta roll, can't stand still, got a flame in my heart, can't get my fill. <br />Eyes that shine burning red, dreams of you all through my head. <br /><br />Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah. <br /><br />Hey, baby, oh, baby, pretty baby, Tell me won't you you do me now. <br /><br />Didn't take too long 'fore I found out, what people mean my down and out. <br />Spent my money, took my car, started telling her friends she wants to be a star. <br />I don't know but I been told, a big-legged woman ain't got no soul. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />All I ask for when I pray, steady rollin' woman gonna come my way. <br />Need a woman gonna hold my hand, won't tell me no lies, make me a happy man. <br /><br />Immigrant Song <br />(Page/Plant) <br /><br />Ah, ah, <br />We come from the land of the ice and snow, <br />From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow. <br />The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands, <br />To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming! <br /><br />On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore. <br /><br />Ah, ah, <br />We come from the land of the ice and snow, <br />From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow. <br />How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of gore, <br />Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your overlords. <br /><br />On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore. <br /><br />So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins, <br />For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing.

Posted 04 October 2005 - 08:56 PM

if we are going to make the game like the orginal does that mean you can have teammates. that would be pretty coll to fight a long side with your freinds.

#45   Nickelback 

• Squire
                                                                                          • Pip
                                                                                            • Posts: 68
                                                                                            • Joined: 24-April 05

Posted 05 October 2005 - 04:04 AM

Yea like little gangs. So say some guy comes and attacks you, you can summon any online 'buddies' to come fight.

#46   I'm Always BROKE 

• Master Adept
                                                                                              • Posts: 3,190
                                                                                              • Joined: 24-October 04
                                                                                              • Location:the Netherlands

Posted 07 October 2005 - 12:00 PM

Oh god even more ideas? GSW is suposed to be a chatprogram with GS as it's main theme. It's really nothing more... Except the balloons! o.o

#47   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:29 AM

Ideas are the only things keeping our hopes alive for GSW, Diddy, you can't take our ideas away. No matter how far-fetched they are.

And people, you have to know that none of this stuff will likely ever happen. As a matter of fact, there's probably only a 30% chance that GSW will get past beta.

#48   l3lueMage 

• Disciple
                                                                                                  • Posts: 1,472
                                                                                                  • Joined: 19-January 05
                                                                                                  • Location:San Jose, CA

Posted 23 October 2005 - 03:19 PM

I have...given up hope on GSW...It was a good project but I dont think it will be done for another few years...

#49 Guest_Ambiance_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 March 2006 - 09:19 AM

Definitely four-party turn based.

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                                  • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                                  • You cannot reply to this topic