Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Teen Pregnancy Nightmares become reality.

#1   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 30 July 2005 - 04:36 PM

I've looked to see if this topic has been made and I found topics that a similar like the World Flaws topic with a breif discussion on this subject and so much more. So lets just concentrate on this subject fully.

So we all hear about this young teens like us going through puberty unable to control there hormones or just want to live for the experience then bam I got a child on the way but I am still in school. The increase of teen pregnancy has greatly increase from the year 2000 and so on. What can be done to stop this? Lets hear your opinions. Thats what these topics are here for.

Edit: If there is a topic like this already will a mod please close this and I apoligize for my mistake.

#2   Eugine 

• Master Adept
      • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 30 July 2005 - 04:52 PM

We can't do anything to stop it. It all comes down to the male/female in the relationship.

#3   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
        • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 30 July 2005 - 07:57 PM

That maybe so but when the male/females "desires" out way their reasoning then we have a problem.

My gym teacher stated that he didn't care what we did with are sexual life as long as we protected ourselfs from getting a woman pregnant or getting a STD. Even with the proper protection you can still run the risk of either of those things I said before. The best way to stop it. Just don't do it. That has not hit the minds of the youth of this world today.

#4   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
          • Group: Moderator
          • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 30 July 2005 - 08:24 PM

You know what things like this all comes down too? Bad parenting. It can all be stopped if adults in themselves didn't have sex irresponsibly, or if they decided that were READY to have kid.

Most bad kids (who go through teen pregnancy or make their girlfriend pregnant) have parents that don't care about them or didn't want to have them in the first place.

So, in my opinion, if adults would be more responsible then all these bad things wouldn't happen. :)

#5   Neo 

• Disciple
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 31 July 2005 - 01:31 AM

Wind Dude, no offense, but that was a load of crap you just said IMO. I know lot's of people who aren't virgin anymore, I know some who got pregnant too, and I know their parents too. Those people are just the type of parents you expect them to be. Normal parents, with a normal life. They raised their kids just fine. It is completely the choise of the teen to make love with another person. They feel great with it, and I can imagine. If they get pregnant, that sucks, but you gotta face the results.

So there's actually nothing we can do about, just let them face their own stupidities and let them handle it alone.

#6   vasko 

• Gallant
            • PipPipPip
              • Group: Members

Posted 31 July 2005 - 01:42 AM

All cases of teen pregnancy are due to one of these three things: Lack of protection, will to have a child, or (unprobable, but unfortunately still happens), rape. Teens like to have sex, of course, but we all have to use proper protection, because things like these can happen when we less want them to. There are girls who want to have children, but they don't even imagine what it will be like, because a child is something that will be part of your life for the rest of it, and most of the times they're not prepared. Also, there are times when the protection doesn't work properly, or you just don't use protection, and then, well, it happens without any of them both wanting. Anyway, it's something we have to face, and if teens aren't mature enough to prevent the situation, how can they be mature enough to handle it ?

#7   Ravenblade 

• Disciple

Posted 31 July 2005 - 05:12 AM

You know, they get less teen pregnancies in countries where the age of consent is lower than 16. In spain i believe it's 14. The benefit of this is that kids get taught about contraceptives and junk, and arent afraid to go to chemists to get condoms as they wont be quizzed about their age.

Mind you, it is possible to get through teen years without sex x_x; I mean, ive never felt close enough to any of my g/f's to go that far and im still kinda conflicted about the sex before marraige thing...but i imagine i'll give in to that when the right person comes along. A lot of people may find the right person to do it with a lot earlier so i guess the risk is there. Like has been said though, there really isnt a great deasl you can do about it...i knew a few people who wore about 4 condoms at a time in order to prevent it happening.

Casual sex is the main problem though - people usually get their come uppance for that though. A lot of the problem is that people always assume that things like STDs and pregnancy cant happen to them and that they happen to other people. I dont suppose the problem will ever be solved.

As a note though - youngest couple to have a child ever were 8 and 9 and lived in China.

#8   Izar 

• Master Adept
                  • Interests:Gaming, History, Christian Music, Comedy

Posted 31 July 2005 - 09:01 AM

We can't stop it, it's Human Stupidity that causes it. Believe it or not, it's not always because of unprotected sex. things break. Not only that, but there are people who are young that want children early, to have more fulfillment I guess, and get pregnant and yada yada yada.

My sister got pregnant at like age 15, and now she has 5 kids, who are like, the coolest kids in the world. My niece is older than some kids here on gss. Anyways, They were "protected" but guess what failed? Anyways, that's my view.

#9   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept

Posted 31 July 2005 - 05:02 PM

Has anyone here ever been in that situation? This question is going out to those of 12+. Hopefully none younger then that but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a report like that.*shivers* No need to comment if you don't feel the need too.

I believe it all starts with the sense of the person trying to figure out the opposite sex which usually starts at the beginning of puberty. The curiosity of the opposite sex gets to be to great and once you have a girlfriend it's all up to your will power not to commit the sin. Yes I believe it is a sin.

Premarital sex is something that can be controlled. Something like this just takes discipline. From parents, family, and the one in the situation.

All it takes is a simple kiss or some touching to get the party started.

#10   el_Sethro 

• Chaos Lord
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2005 - 05:16 PM

that's a particular problem at one local school in particular. they've got a day-care centre section in the school. the school is right across the street from Planned Parenthood (should be called "Unplanned parenthood :) ")

anyway, it's not a problem with anyone I know (although I was in class once and we heard a guy outside the door mumble something, and then the girl with him replied "I'm not fat, I'm pregnant!")

I don't know what to do about it... I certainly don't think it's good, but I don't see it very much at all, so it's quite probable that it's a much bigger problem than I think it is. All I can really do now is to not impregnate anyone (shouldn't be too much of a problem), I guess.

(PS. I overuse perenthesis)

#11   Luna 

• Disciple

Posted 31 July 2005 - 10:39 PM

o.o We don't hear much about this problem around here. I think it has only happened once or twice in my school, and it was a senior. Similar cases included girls that had graduated that year or a year before. One of the comments about one of those girls included "Sand doesn't mix well with condoms." We go to the beach a lot with our friends <<;

When it DOES happen at ages like 14 or so, you can bet it's rape. I could say about 90% of the cases are rape.

#12   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:13 PM

It happened a few times in our town - I think the youngest was either a freshman or sophmore. There's nothing people can really do. I frankly think that abstinence isn't the best policy, because then the kids will just want it more because it's forbidden. Natural human nature, nothing they can help.

If information regarding contraceptive was not limited to condoms, that might help a bit. But I don't really think it'll stop either way. There's a reason that teens can do that stuff at that age after all.

#13   Wild Fox 

• Lord
                          • PipPipPipPip
                            • Interests:The list of things that I think are awesome but other people probably think are lame: <br /><br />Zombies. <br />Pinot Noir. <br />Owls. <br />Cross-stitching. <br />The Ocean. <br />Starting IVs. <br />Starting an IV on you. <br />Cuddling. <br />Eating Guacamole with a Spoon. <br />Mechanical Pencils. <br />My Dancing Skills. <br />Monopoly. <br />Free HBO.

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:31 PM

"Don't have sex. You'll get pregnant and die."

#14   Neo 

• Disciple
                              • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 01 August 2005 - 03:19 AM

If we would listen to that quote we would all die indeed.

A couple I know, which are 16 and 17, have being going out for 4 months. Suddenly the girl became pregnant, and when her paren't heared about it, the made sure that the boy had to quit school, find a hob and marry her. She had to quit school too. Now they are both without a diploma, the boy is working in a grosery for a minimum pay and she sits on her chamber doing nothing. They have to rent a chamber and live there from now on. Their lives are completely messed up, and they will have a Forked-up future together... I haven't seen any of those two for the last 3 months, so I don't know how they are now.

#15   King 

• Squire
                              • Pip

Posted 01 August 2005 - 03:19 AM

Neo_Genesis, on Jul 31 2005, 02:31 AM, said:

Wind Dude, no offense, but that was a load of crap you just said IMO. I know lot's of people who aren't virgin anymore, I know some who got pregnant too, and I know their parents too. Those people are just the type of parents you expect them to be. Normal parents, with a normal life. They raised their kids just fine. It is completely the choise of the teen to make love with another person. They feel great with it, and I can imagine. If they get pregnant, that sucks, but you gotta face the results.

So there's actually nothing we can do about, just let them face their own stupidities and let them handle it alone.

Well in this case i would probley agree with Neo rather than Wind Dude. Cause i know like 18 year old's that have a pregnate girlfriend (that is kinda scary though :) )

#16   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:39 AM

Neo_Genesis, on Aug 1 2005, 03:19 AM, said:

If we would listen to that quote we would all die indeed.

A couple I know, which are 16 and 17, have being going out for 4 months. Suddenly the girl became pregnant, and when her paren't heared about it, the made sure that the boy had to quit school, find a hob and marry her. She had to quit school too. Now they are both without a diploma, the boy is working in a grosery for a minimum pay and she sits on her chamber doing nothing. They have to rent a chamber and live there from now on. Their lives are completely messed up, and they will have a Forked-up future together... I haven't seen any of those two for the last 3 months, so I don't know how they are now.

Excuse my language but:
                                  Those parents are assholes. They basically would want their children to suffer in poverty with the baby, instead of helping them and putting them through college so they can get a good education, and hopefully a good career so they can support the baby. It's just so stupid. "You can't have an abortion, but you're going to have to suffer in poverty and not be allowed to try and achieve something better than a minimum wage job."

#17   Neo 

• Disciple
                                    • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:40 AM

I know Andross, those parents are assholes... more then asshole. But they are strongly religious and against sec before mariage. But I just want to say that such things can happen when u get teen pregnancy.

#18   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 01 August 2005 - 12:24 PM

I find that so hypocritical. *sigh*

#19   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 01 August 2005 - 01:48 PM

Strongly religious? Well, I know nieth Christianity or Judaism requires some one to marry to a woman who he got pregnant, at least as far as i know. it's just something someone made up in order to make order, or something.

#20   Neo 

• Disciple
                                          • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 01 August 2005 - 01:51 PM

I don't know a shiz about it, Izar... I'm justing saying what I heard/saw. I ain't religious myself so I don't know what is allowed and what not. But back on-topic;
                                          I just did a check on it, and it seems the dude got fired and is searching for another job. The girl is heavily depressed and cries the whole day. If I were those parents... I would at least give them a fair sum of money.

#21   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                            • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                            • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:10 PM

Neo_Genesis, on Jul 31 2005, 01:31 AM, said:

Aacctuuually, no. Parents need to "sit down, talk with their kid about it, bla bla" and it can work, seriously. You're right to an extent that it's the kid's choice in the end (which is what you're saying, right?), but the parent's opinion/actions can shape their own actions, see what I mean? And don't say that what I said was crap, I take offense at that.

It's just what happens. *shrug*

And for the record, I live on a street where there are tons of crap parents, so it might be different for you.

#22   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 06 August 2005 - 07:47 AM

Yes is can work Wind Dude. Those commercials aren't there for nothing.

My sister was 15 when she had her first kid, thanks to contriceptives. Now she's got 5 kids. I love them to death, but you know, things can happen.

#23   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
                                                • Location:Outside your window, watching....waiting
                                                • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 06 August 2005 - 09:13 AM

There were quite a few kids at my old school that had kids. Like this one kid ( my friend) that had a brother that got some girl pregnent, and my friend was saying that he didn't want a nephew and wanted to throw the girl down some stairs ( I think he was joking, but still)

#24   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2005 - 12:14 PM

last year, a friend of mine became pregnant...she was only 17 *sigh*....and the guy was, sadly (VERY sadly) 40. Big mistake. Big mistake.

#25   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple

Posted 06 August 2005 - 12:18 PM

Thats just sick. How can a 40 year old man do that. Thats like a child compared to him.

#26   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2005 - 12:36 PM

Golden Djinn13, on Aug 6 2005, 01:18 PM, said:

Thats just sick. How can a 40 year old man do that. Thats like a child compared to him.

it is sick. But it happens. Mainly cause the girl at that age is "young and stupid", and the 40 year old guy has experience. He's a sweettalker. He knows what to say and how to act to gain her trust. And when he finally gains all of her trust(which usually happens pretty quickly), stuff like teen pregnancy happens.

#27   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple

Posted 06 August 2005 - 02:19 PM

Did her parents find out it was a 40 year old, or did she say it was a boy her age?

#28   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2005 - 05:02 PM

Golden Djinn13, on Aug 6 2005, 03:19 PM, said:

Did her parents find out it was a 40 year old, or did she say it was a boy her age?

nope. Her parents aren't her with her. They stayed back in Argentina(that's where she's from). Only her Older brother is here, who didn't have objections cause she was gonna marry the old fart anyways. Good thing at least the guy was responsible enough actually be father of the kid.

#29   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                            • Joined: 28-January 04
                                                            • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:11 PM

Another reason for teen pregnancy.

Sometimes parents try to coop up their children to make them perfect, so they don't really have no experience on how to handle things like that. When they are finally unleashed into this "world" they don't know what discissions to make and usually do one night stands.

#30   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                              • Joined: 06-April 05

Posted 12 August 2005 - 03:18 PM

Eugine, on Aug 9 2005, 09:11 PM, said:

Another reason for teen pregnancy.

Sometimes parents try to coop up their children to make them perfect

EXACTLY. Overprotection is, in my opinion, better than underprotection. If you protect the kid from any possible source of harm or emotional frustration, he/she will never learn anything. When he/she finally leaves the nest they're the most vulnerable type of person.

#31   Izar 

• Master Adept
                                                                • Joined: 26-February 04

Posted 12 August 2005 - 07:08 PM

It is, but sometimes, it does get annoying. But all the same, if you are over protected, you CAN learn, but you do not openly learn about things and their sources, but underprotection... well, look at my sisters.

#32   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                  • Posts: 8,895
                                                                  • Joined: 28-January 04
                                                                  • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 12 August 2005 - 07:16 PM

You need equal time.

You can't be over protected because ofcourse Eothain stated the reason. Can't be underprotected because Izar showed us an example. So therefore, it will be practical to be just right so you can have life experiences but still be well respectful.

#33   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                    • Posts: 568
                                                                    • Joined: 06-April 05

Posted 13 August 2005 - 07:11 AM

Eugine, on Aug 12 2005, 08:16 PM, said:

You need equal time.

You can't be over protected because ofcourse Eothain stated the reason.

someone agreed with me! YEAH!!! *gives eugine the "first-person-to-ever-agree-with-eothain trophy*. Anyways...of course that the ideal thing for parents to do is not over nor underprotection, but sadly, parents do one of the two most of the time, parents that give just the "right" amount of protection are hard to come by.

#34   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                                                      • Group: Admin
                                                                      • Posts: 6,607
                                                                      • Joined: 28-March 04
                                                                      • Gender:Male
                                                                      • Location:New York City, Boston

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:22 PM

A good friend of my best friend here at college recently became pregnant by her boyfriend - it was a complete accident, they were wearing protection, and though the condom broke, they took the emergency morning-after pill, and it still turned out that way.

So far, they've decided to just go through with it, but now the girl is living with her boyfriend's family because her family is extremely... well, non-supportive, to say the least.

The thing is, I don't know if that's the right option. I am both proud and supportive of them if they want to have the baby, but despite me leaning pro-life, I don't know if it's worth having to go through that at such a young age and risking raising the child in less than stable conditions, not including the fact that she isn't going to school but her boyfriend is.

#35   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                                        • Posts: 4,671
                                                                        • Joined: 12-September 05
                                                                        • Location:...
                                                                        • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:44 PM

Well, I know what I would do. I would react pretty much the same as what my good friend did when he thought some girl was pregnant with her baby. He told her right away to get rid of it. She said she didn't want to though, so he became a bit... ugly with her. In the end, It turned out she wasn't pregnant at all.

Ha ha, I remember how stressed out and scared he was when he found out and thought she was pregnant. I made fun of him, and he didn't really appreciate it... Wow, I'm evil.

#36   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                          • Posts: 11,988
                                                                          • Joined: 21-July 04
                                                                          • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                                                          • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:46 PM

It's times like that that abortion is justified in my opinion. Do they think their child would be happy growing up in, as you say, not so stable conditions?

How come girls always want to keep the baby anyway? It seems selfish to me.

#37   Laharl 

• Banned
                                                                            • Posts: 4,301
                                                                            • Joined: 05-September 05
                                                                            • Location:where horses with broken legs go =D
                                                                            • Interests:research it
                                                                            • AKA Dullahan

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:21 PM

teen pregnancy is like a rite of iniation for the chavs. seriously. more kids you have, the more benefits you get. the result? a town full of 15-17 years olds pushing prams about....with the kind of parenting skills to make you think they'd be safer with a child molester. they amount of times i've heard young mothers threaten to "knock out" or "****ing twat" their children is sickening

Page 1 of 1
                                                                            • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                            • You cannot reply to this topic