Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lucky Items. Do you have any?

#1   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:55 AM

Of course not everyone here believes in luck. I to don't tend to rely on luck when it comes to difficult situations yet, I still keep some old junk that I feel that sometimes gives me luck.

I have a bunch of old wristbands and whenever I go out to a friend's place to play some ball I always bring them along with me. Not just because I look sexy in them(which I do) but because I feel they help improve my game. Of course they don't but that's what I like to think.

So I ask you my fellow peers, do you keep any special, lucky, items with you?

#2   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
      • AKA Me111

Posted 15 October 2005 - 12:58 PM

I've had a cuddly toy since the day I was born. It's more treasured than lucky but I still have it.

#3   Izar 

• Master Adept
        • Interests:Gaming, History, Christian Music, Comedy

Posted 15 October 2005 - 01:20 PM

I don't rely in luck, but sure, I do have a lucky item... Or do I?... Some pictures, The Shadow Box of my Brother, and i tend to think of some CDs as lucky.

#4   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept
          • Interests:Nom nom nom. Cookies.

Posted 15 October 2005 - 01:31 PM

lol, I don't have a lucky item, but I do for example with tennis, when I win a few points by bouncing the ball 3 times, I keep on doing it.
          It might be more of a routine, and there's this teddybear I got once from a girl that kinda brings luck (well... I cuddle it after being lucky, to thank him) :D

#5   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
            • Group: Moderator
            • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:18 PM

I don't have a "lucky" item.

But I do have this belt watch that I always wear:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0002DK69A.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

Clips onto the belt loops on your pants. Looks very stylish. =D

#6   Eugine 

• Master Adept
              • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:24 PM

I'm very superstitious. I believe according to what I do now it will change my future... I walk to school in the same row, same time, same how, take same bus. Always buy the same pen. All sort of stuff.

So yeah, I everything I have is deemed lucky by me if something happened good when I was with it.

#7   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:27 PM

Maybe I should have made this topic about accessories people like to wear?

I have a Toronto Raptors hat which is black and white and a blue NY hat with white strips which I like to wear when I'm going out.

#8   Luna 

• Disciple
                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • Group: Members

Posted 15 October 2005 - 06:13 PM

I always wear my ying-yang collar/necklace.

And..the only... "lucky" thing might be this little bottle filled with tiny silver beads that my grandpa gave to my mom when she got married o.o; I'd die if it'd break but sometimes: "Hmm...I might need it today."

Foo foo.

#9   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                    • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 15 October 2005 - 07:09 PM

Well, I have a sterling silver cross necklace that I got from my confirmation. I always wear it while I'm out of the house. I've got this wristband that says "Class of 2005" which I may occasionally wear. I'm not too superstisional, but I always have them around. Oh, and can't forget the Indiana Jones hat I bought while I was in LA a few months ago. I love that hat. :D

#10   Elliott 

• Cool
                      • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                      • AKA Agatio

Posted 15 October 2005 - 07:30 PM

I'm not supersticious in the slightest. I believe there is such a thing as luck, but no item can give you good or bad luck in my opinion. If something bad happens then something bad happens, it's not like carrying around a special pencil or hair tie will stop that from happening.

#11   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept

Posted 15 October 2005 - 08:09 PM

True, no item can give you luck.

Still, have you ever noticed that when you have a streak of good luck in a video game or at school, then you think back to what may have caused your lucky streak and you get a feeling that it was a item you've been carrying don't you tend to carry it around more often?

That's what happened to me when I picked up my wristbands. Though of course I have my off games even when I have them on.

#12   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                          • Interests:Gaming, Driving, Water sports, Karate, Magic the Gathering, Reading fantasy novels, My job (Holy crap im so glad I can say that), Lots of Music, Photography and so on.
                          • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 15 October 2005 - 09:48 PM

Luck cannot be expalined logically, and the whole concept of Luck is probably all thanks to some crackpot in the dark ages.

Luck is all about the odds you have of winning/ gaining/ whatever.

Acutally, I don't know. Luck is weird.

#13   Elliott 

• Cool
                            • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                            • AKA Agatio

Posted 15 October 2005 - 09:53 PM

View PostSaturos Striker, on Oct 16 2005, 06:31 AM, said:

but I do for example with tennis, when I win a few points by bouncing the ball 3 times, I keep on doing it.

That could be explained like so:

Bouncing the ball 3 times effects the structure of the ball, possibly giving you the advtantage over your opponent. Or, maybe everytime you bounce the ball 3 times in a game, your opponent just plain sucks. Most things with luck can be explained, those that can't are just another one of life's many mysteries.

#14   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
                              • Location:Outside your window, watching....waiting
                              • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 15 October 2005 - 10:02 PM

View PostMemories Remain, on Oct 15 2005, 10:48 PM, said:

Luck cannot be expalined logically, and the whole concept of Luck is probably all thanks to some crackpot in the dark ages.

Luck is all about the odds you have of winning/ gaining/ whatever.

Acutally, I don't know. Luck is weird.

I agree. Luck is probably your odds against something, and I really think that superstition is for people that will believe anything there told.

#15   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept

Posted 16 October 2005 - 04:30 PM

Odds play a role in luck but when the odds of something, like the lottery, which is so great and yet you still manage to win makes you think if something or someone was helping you in some way.

Anyways, either way having a possession that makes you feel comfortable is nothing that is unusal. I guess it's how you look at it and if you beleive that the item is lucky or not. The way you let it affect you is what really counts.

#16   el_Sethro 

• Chaos Lord
                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2005 - 08:22 AM

I don't have any necklaces or bracelets because I just don't like having things around my wrists/neck. so I have a clip-on watch kinda like WD's, except that it's upside-down because tat way it's right-side-up for me when I check it.

okay, so that doesn't have anything to do with luck, but like Agatio, I don't believe that luck can be changed by things like that. I do however, have a little Buddha statue that I got for X-mas, which I am somewhat attached to. you're supposed to rub his belly every morning for luck, but I just like it because he looks jolly and fat. somtimes I'll give it a rub before an exam or something, but I don't really expect it to help me.

#17 Guest_Jack_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 October 2005 - 03:27 PM

My lucky white sweatband. Wore it when I won a tennis tournament. I only wear it at tournaments, now. I don't want it's luck to run out in my training sessions. :D

#18   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                    • AKA Me111

Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:03 AM

View PostJack, on Oct 17 2005, 10:27 PM, said:

My lucky white sweatband. Wore it when I won a tennis tournament. I only wear it at tournaments, now. I don't want it's luck to run out in my training sessions. :D

I hope you remember to wash it. That could be nasty ;) .
                                    I remember when I was little I was really scared that I'd have nightmares. My sister gave me something to wear (can't remember what it was) before I went to sleep. I actually thought it worked. I didn't realise it was something she gave me to make me feel better at the time.
                                    I know it isn't a lucky item but I think it helped me when I was small.

#19   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 18 October 2005 - 01:09 PM

I have my lucky backpack. I've been wearing it for four school years! Thank you Adidas!

#20   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 18 October 2005 - 03:31 PM

View PostAgatio, on Oct 15 2005, 10:53 PM, said:

That could be explained like so:

Bouncing the ball 3 times effects the structure of the ball, possibly giving you the advtantage over your opponent. Or, maybe everytime you bounce the ball 3 times in a game, your opponent just plain sucks. Most things with luck can be explained, those that can't are just another one of life's many mysteries.

It's called being Irish. :D

lol, I got lots of irish blood, so Lepricons and lucky charms are always interesting to me.

Bouncing a ball 3 times doesn't effect the structure of a ball, it can't, the pressure on the inside and outside disable that. You'd have to sit on a ball for at least a few minutes to change it's structure.

#21   Arkarian 

• Knight
                                        • PipPip
                                          • Interests:Books, Games, Manga (fav=Shoujo-ai) and Anime

Posted 18 October 2005 - 03:32 PM

I have a wooden cross on a piece of string which I got when leaving high school, and two more necklaces one is a funny sort of bead like one made of wood, the other is another piece of string with a metal circle with another cross, I'm not religous but I don't leave my room without them and find myself getting really upset partway through days wondering if I've lost them and having to check, I also have a thin black leather wristlet (I don't like metal against much), I wouldn't class these as loucky just things that give reasureance during the day, they are a constant, and if there is one thing that humans love it's non-changing. I do however have a four leaf clover which I keep pressed and on my shelf so I do actually believe in luck.

#22   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                            • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 18 October 2005 - 03:36 PM

Yeah, bumping a ball don't affect it structure. If it did, hitting it extremely hard would also, which don't. They create the Tennis balls specifically for these types of pressure.

After all pressure is the force devided by the area.

#23   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 18 October 2005 - 03:37 PM

My friend carries a set of skull stuff, says it's a reassurence of faith... I guess it can, but that's a little odd, right?

#24   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                                • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 18 October 2005 - 04:37 PM

View Postel_Sethro, on Oct 17 2005, 09:22 AM, said:

I don't have any necklaces or bracelets because I just don't like having things around my wrists/neck. so I have a clip-on watch kinda like WD's, except that it's upside-down because tat way it's right-side-up for me when I check it.
                                                Yeah, wristwatches suck, I never liked them.

View PostIzar, on Oct 18 2005, 04:31 PM, said:

lol, I got lots of irish blood, so Lepricons and lucky charms are always interesting to me.
                                                So do I, but I've never been interested/believed in Leprechauns or luck myself. =/

#25   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
                                                  • Location:Manitouwadge, Ontario
                                                  • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:33 PM

View PostMars Djinni, on Oct 15 2005, 08:09 PM, said:

Well, I have a sterling silver cross necklace that I got from my confirmation. I always wear it while I'm out of the house. I've got this wristband that says "Class of 2005" which I may occasionally wear. I'm not too superstisional, but I always have them around. Oh, and can't forget the Indiana Jones hat I bought while I was in LA a few months ago. I love that hat. :silence:

>_> I have a gold cross necklace from my confirmation. I wear it if I don't HAVE to take it off for an important reason. I have a toque that has my old school name and class of '06.

#26   gsninja 

• Master Adept
                                                    • Location:Calabasas, California
                                                    • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:12 PM

I have a piece of an unpolished sapphire that my mom gave me for my birthday (the sapphire is my birthstone). I always take it with me when I take a test. I just think some extra luck won't hurt n.n;;

#27   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                                      • Interests:Video Games &amp; Hentai
                                                      • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 19 October 2005 - 11:19 PM

My bling, it has always got me noticed from the crowd and I got hooked up with alot of hoe's thanks to it so deffinately my bling is my lucky shizzay.

#28   Izar 

• Master Adept
                                                        • Joined: 26-February 04

Posted 22 October 2005 - 05:09 PM

View PostWind Dude, on Oct 18 2005, 05:37 PM, said:

Yeah, wristwatches suck, I never liked them.

So do I, but I've never been interested/believed in Leprechauns or luck myself. =/

I am also a History buff, so take that. :P

I don't believe in leprechauns... :silence:

I also have a lucky shirt, my Issiah Cross shirt... And a ring... but the ring has been unlucky for some time now...

#29   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                          • Joined: 12-September 05
                                                          • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:02 AM

The only so called lucky item I have is a four leaved clover I once found. It's flatened in my Lord Of The Rings book and it hasn't brought me any luck whatsoever. I'm still bloody unlucky. :wacko:

#30   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                                                            • Joined: 28-December 04
                                                            • Location:British Columbia, Canada
                                                            • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 30 October 2005 - 12:24 PM

View PostIzar, on Oct 22 2005, 02:09 PM, said:

I am also a History buff, so take that. :P

I don't believe in leprechauns... :P

I also have a lucky shirt, my Issiah Cross shirt... And a ring... but the ring has been unlucky for some time now...

Funny, my school's mascot's this fat balding purple leprechaun. I guess that's why our football teams are pretty good. (Fighting Irish!)

#31   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
                                                              • Joined: 08-July 04
                                                              • Location:Manitouwadge, Ontario
                                                              • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 30 October 2005 - 01:05 PM

MD. D:

Don't say my. D: Say "our."

#32   Izar 

• Master Adept
                                                                • Joined: 26-February 04

Posted 16 November 2005 - 05:29 PM

Kill the spam.

I have a lucky CD, Showbread. Everytime I lsiten to it before a test i pass it with and 85+

#33 Guest_Excalibur_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 November 2005 - 04:04 AM

I have a lucky Amulet thingy. I've had it since I was 4, and now I keep it with me wherever I go. :blink:

Page 1 of 1
                                                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                • You cannot reply to this topic