Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cats Vs. Dogs The debate of the ages!

Poll: Cats vs. Dogs

What do you prefer?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderator
    • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:16 PM

I prefer cats. They're cute and aren't as dependent on you as dogs are. Plus they don't make as much noise and (generally) don't take up as much space.

You can argue that cats don't do anything you tell them to, but this simply isn't what cats are made for.

And in a way, I think cats are smarter than dogs. (probably because they aren't as dependent on you as dogs are)

#2   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:.5% per annum.
      • AKA Spam King

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:37 PM

Meow. 'Nuff said.

#3   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:02 AM

I prefer dogs, mainly because they actually want to be your best friend, it's not just a fortune cooking saying, they really do. Plus cats are arrogant little mo' fos. You can tell that the egyptians used to worship them, they always act like they're honoring you with their presence, like you live to serve them. When you leave a dog at home, he looks all sad, and yet, understanding at the same time. He knows that you have someplace important to be and patiently awaits your return. Cats either refuse to acknowledge your existance alltogether, or act like you're leaving just to piss them off; like there's no world out there and you just go out and stand on the other side of the door for eight hours a day.
        Also, cats' intelligence can be a disadvantage. If you have a home with more than 2 cats in it, they spread the word. Then you have a home with five cats in it inside a week. It's strange that it dosn't happen with dogs- since they're herd animals, but I suppose that they consider you their herd, and that they have to defend you from other dogs; and the mailman, heh-heh.

Wow, I put way too much thought into that.

#4   Zxor 

• Disciple
          • Group: Members

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:08 AM

Cats are sooo much better. They are totally ninja dude. I know a fat cat who is teh 1337est uber ninja in teh world. GO cats!!!!

#5   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
            • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:49 PM

View PostPlatinum Sun, on Feb 20 2006, 09:02 AM, said:

I prefer dogs, mainly because they actually want to be your best friend, it's not just a fortune cooking saying, they really do. Plus cats are arrogant little mo' fos. You can tell that the egyptians used to worship them, they always act like they're honoring you with their presence, like you live to serve them. When you leave a dog at home, he looks all sad, and yet, understanding at the same time. He knows that you have someplace important to be and patiently awaits your return. Cats either refuse to acknowledge your existance alltogether, or act like you're leaving just to piss them off; like there's no world out there and you just go out and stand on the other side of the door for eight hours a day.
            Also, cats' intelligence can be a disadvantage. If you have a home with more than 2 cats in it, they spread the word. Then you have a home with five cats in it inside a week. It's strange that it dosn't happen with dogs- since they're herd animals, but I suppose that they consider you their herd, and that they have to defend you from other dogs; and the mailman, heh-heh.

Wow, I put way too much thought into that.
            Dog people don't realize, though, that cats have a wide range of personalities. Our cat isn't quite arrogant, for example. =D But if you don't let him outside of the house when he wants to, he gets annoyed and meows alot, (but he never ever scratches, unless he's over-stimulated when you play with him) which is understandable. Cats have a lot more personality than dogs do.

Sometimes we leave for about a week or more (usually to go to our grandparents) and when we come back, this same cat will meow like heck (though not in an impatient or angry fashion) and will want to be petted a lot. I don't know why he does this, but it might be that either he wants us to make up for the lost time of being petted, or he wants to know if we still care about him. Knowing him, it could be a mixture of both.

We have 5 cats. 4 of them are all outdoors. When you have this many cats, it's amazing to see how social cats are. They act like they're in a clan, they all hang out together. A cat community, basically. I don't know if dogs do this, but it's fun to see our cats act like Lions from Africa, except without all that hunting crap.

Another thing about dogs is that you always have to keep them in your backyard, especially bigger dogs, since people don't like watching dogs wonder lone around the neighborhood.

#6   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:06 PM

I voted for dogs because they make better friends and they don't run away like cats. Stupid smart cats.

#7   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:44 PM

I voted for dgs, reason being I find dogs to be man's best friend more often than cats (I know cliched), but really dogs help around much more, they can carry items, sence danger, protect you.

Here is a quote I found on the internet relating to this issue, which is downright true:

"A cat thinks: These people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me... I must be a God!

A dog thinks: These people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me... They must be Gods! "

#8   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:46 PM

That's the wisest thing I've heard all day. I agree, dogs are more helpful, but you do have to train them, which can be painstaking.

#9   Luna 

• Disciple

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:59 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/shebanekochan/IMG_1040.jpg
                    That's my house.

Need I say more? XD

#10   Yuki 

• Master Adept
                      • AKA Love_Guardian_Yuki, Zimmy

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:16 PM

I like doggies.
                      Cuz they don't poop in a box of sand D=

#11   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
                        • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:19 PM

LOL :) Yeah the taking a dump outside thing is a definate advantage. And what was that about cats not needing to be trained? What do you do? Politely ask them to poop in a sandbox?

#12   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                          • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:34 PM

If you do things right for them when they're kittens, they'll grasp onto concepts such as doing their business in a litterbox easily. It's the same thing with dogs, isn't it? My cat prefers going to bathroom outside more than doing it in a litterbox anyway, like a dog. He thinks of our house as his home as well, so if he had to, he'd rather go in a litterbox rather than on the carpet in the house. XD He's a genius.

A dog thinks: These people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me... They must be Gods! "
                          Ya ever wonder why the dog is the one that leads when you go out for a walk?

I voted for dogs because they make better friends and they don't run away like cats. Stupid smart cats.
                          That didn't make any sense. I guess you treat your cats like crap. :)

#13   golden_djiin 

• Gallant
                          • PipPipPip
                            • Interests:stuff.

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:22 PM

Cats rule,dogs are foo's.

#14   Toasty64 

• Berserker
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                              • Interests:VIDEO GAMES, food, computers, cartoons,anime, and FOOD. <br />And Pie, pie is good, verrrryyyy good..........did I mention pie?

Posted 21 February 2006 - 05:12 PM

I like both. Cats are independant and only require food and an occasional rub behind the ears, but don't have quite a lively personality. Dogs are more dependant and need food, exersize, and alot of attention, but have a more lively personality and can understand what you want them to do. My cat ran away about two months ago, and my dog is still with me. My first dog (who ran away) was THE most obedient dog I had ever seen or heard of. When the mail man offered him a cookie, he didn't take it until my dad said he could, and he could play soccer. The dog I have now who is an Australian Shepherd Red Merel, just like my first one, is a bit less obedient, but I swear he is as smart as you or me, he actually nows what word you're saying even if you spell it out. He's lying on the floor right now with his paws in the air.

#15   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                • Group: Admin

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:03 PM

Unfortunately, I can have neither in my house, as my sister has asthma. However, I would probably favor cats, simply because they appeal to me more (elegance, gracefulness, and what not).

#16   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                  • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                  • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:15 PM

Ooh, it's pretty close. I'm glad to see that, since I like both really. In the long run I still prefer cats.

Page 1 of 1
                                  • You cannot start a new topic
                                  • You cannot reply to this topic