Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

North Korea A real threat....

#1   Kemosabi 

• Knight
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Reading, writing, friends, family, traveling, cooking, Japan, Germany, England.

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:02 AM

Well, I just finished writing a letter to my senator and I emailed it to her. I doubt she will ever read it, as she did not read the last one I sent, but here it is for you all to read and comment on. It is my belief that the tactical ploy I mention several times is in full swing. It seems like the most logical step for North Korea if it ever plans to attack the United States, which everyone knows it wants to do.

Well, here it is....

Senator:

It has come to my attention that the United States is acting irresponsibly yet once again. Our present relations with North Korea are not what I would refer to as "stable" by any means.

What North Korea is doing is a simple tactical ploy to gain a reason to go missile-happy on the United States and her allies. If North Korea is going to be condemned economically and socially by the rest of the world, especially the United States and Japan, for LAWFULLY TESTING (if that and ONLY that, indeed, is their only motive) a missile by U.N. standards and guidelines, the country will only draw deeper within its protective shell. The significance of this act may not be apparent on the surface of the subject, so allow me to elaborate.

Once North Korea is completely cut off from the rest of the world and facing numerous unlawful penalties from the U.N. for its own lawful testing, Kim Jong Il will most likely proclaim war on the United States and her allies for attempting to isolate North Korea from the global freedoms of other countries in an attempt to take control the country.

Already, we see this happening. North Korean officials and Kim Jong Il himself have claimed that they are taking these preparations and measures because they suffer a direct military threat from the United States, who has thousands of servicemen positioned across the border in South Korea. Although the United States has said many times, as I am sure you are aware, that it does not intend to invade the country, this is the perfect incentive for North Korea to start their assault against us.

We all know that those troops are there to protect South Korea from another North Korean invasion, and so do the upper echelons of the North Korean government. If they can't annex South Korea, they might as well take the incentive basically handed to them and attack the United States.

Informally speaking, it is public knowledge that North Korea despises the United States of America, and would like nothing more than to see our nation fall. I pray, Senator, that you will do all you can to make the federal government aware of what is really going on. I'm no expert by any chance, but it is very possible that our government officials have totally missed this angle on the newest threat to the United States.

Again, I beseech you to make this theory known to the lawmakers and officials in Washington. I do not wish to go to war with North Korea, especially by initiating the event through our own misguided decisions.

There you have it.... My angle on what could very well be happening, right under our noses....

#2   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:.5% per annum.
      • AKA Spam King

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:32 AM

It takes real guts to stand up and say something like that. These miniature 'wars' are unnecessary and are one of the main reasons the USA is under such heavy scrutiny from so many countries.

And it links back to Australia, too. We are your allies. Just a few days ago, a man was found out to be planning an attack on one of our fuel-processing plants. It's only a matter of time before something awful happens. Somebody needs to take action.

#3   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:38 AM

I agree. I mean, the missile they built is actually named "typo dong." I hope that translates to something threatening because it makes the missile sound like a joke. I think North Korea saw how easily we attack small countries with dictatorships that we even suspect of having WMDs. (and ones that start with I and end with Q *cough*) So Kim Jong Il thought that we would attack him if he held up a neon sign that said he has nukes. I pray we don't take the bait.

#4   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
          • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:40 AM

I think there is no way North Korea is going to attack the USA. First off, America has many allies which would aid it in war, while NK has none. Secondly, America has the most powerful weapon arsenal and the largest number of nukes of any country in the world. They could eradicate all of North Korea if they wanted to. The Korean government is not so stupid as to attack the USA. There would be absolutely no chance of them winning the war.

As I've said above, America has the most nukes which, if you ask me, makes it the most dangerous country of all. They have proven that they can and will attack a much smaller country with almost no military defences numerous times.

I'm aware many of you will oppose my line of thought, but I stand by what I've said and what I still have to say.

#5   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
            • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:44 AM

That's the thing. Korea's not going to attack the US. They're going to get us to attack them. They can't defeat us on our homefront, but we've proven ourselves quite ineffective at dealing with geurilla tactics in urban situations overseas. (I.E. Vietnam, Iraq...)

#6   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
              • Interests:.5% per annum.
              • AKA Spam King

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:53 AM

I don't think America is going to be all like, 'omg we got attacked by a north korean terrorist lets nuke em into the ground lol'.

#7   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:55 AM

Well actually... We went into Iraq and shot the place up without them attacking anybody. So if a Korean terrorist strikes here, Korea can expect a severe butt whupin!

#8   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                  • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:03 AM

I agree with Platinum Sun there. America WILL attack North Korea even for the slightest thing. But there is still nothing America should worry about. NK is no match for them, even on their terrain. All the USA has to do is turn a few towns of their's into rubble, killing all the inhabitants. It wouldn't be the first time they did it. And then they can say it was good ol' 'Collateral Damage'!

#9   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:05 AM

Yeah, we do have a strange habit of carpet-bombing people and wondering why they're mad at us.

#10   Kemosabi 

• Knight
                    • PipPip
                      • Interests:Reading, writing, friends, family, traveling, cooking, Japan, Germany, England.

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:10 PM

I'm sorry, but I AM worried about attacking North Korea. a) It's what they want and ^_^ MORE needless deaths, both American and Korean.

#11   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                        • AKA Me111

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:19 PM

I reckon the last thing that Bush will want to have is another Iraq situation. It certainly wouldn't do his reputation good, and he needs all the support he can get.

#12   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple

Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:45 PM

Hey! Iraq did something positive! It was such a spectacular train wreck that it got Bush to say OMG let's never interfere in a small meaningless country again. Euh... Yay Iraq!

#13   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                            • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 22 June 2006 - 06:28 PM

Iraq seems meaningless to you, but everyone knows America needs the oil Iraq has to sustain its standard of life.

#14   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:08 PM

I say meaningless in the sense that Iraq isn't a player on the world stage. Other than the hand on the oil valve, it has very little influence on other countries.
                              And as for oil, Saddam wasn't actually threatening to cut off our oil supply, he was just profiteering because he thought we would pay anything he wanted.

#15   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:49 PM

But, today what's the most important commodity? Oil.

If the oil goes, we wouldn't be able to power anything until other means are realised.

#16   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                  • Group: Admin

Posted 09 August 2006 - 05:55 PM

We're focusing on nukes in Iran and North Korea, when some nations (i.e. Israel) have 200+ nucleur warheads.

And guess what? Who provided the funds for this? And what nation continues to spend billions in military supplies to Israel?

The USA needs to work out its own priorities before we focus on outside threats such as North Korea.

#17   Zxor 

• Disciple

Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:51 PM

USA focusses too much on other contries, true. But, USA could destroy Nrth Korea.

#18   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
                                      • Location:Newport News, VA But not by choice.

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:03 PM

True, they have a handful of whimsically named bombs that can't go a minute without crashing into the Sea of Japan. We have enough firepower to turn North Korea into a parking lot.

#19   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                                        • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                                        • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:51 PM

View PostGolden Legacy, on Aug 9 2006, 04:55 PM, said:

We're focusing on nukes in Iran and North Korea, when some nations (i.e. Israel) have 200+ nucleur warheads.

And guess what? Who provided the funds for this? And what nation continues to spend billions in military supplies to Israel?

The USA needs to work out its own priorities before we focus on outside threats such as North Korea.

True, but Israel isn't likely to go shooting them off at anyone unless they're attacked now are they?

Page 1 of 1
                                        • You cannot start a new topic
                                        • You cannot reply to this topic