• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Rearranging Priorities

#1   Max 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:12 PM

As you may have read on the GSS front page, I have begun, in earnest, an effort to overhaul GSS. You can read all the details on the main page, as this post is about what will become of GSW.

Although MD and others have been helping me get some more sprites that I wanted, and although my hard drive is finally back up and running, I still don't think that I will be able to muster the resources to get GSW off the ground in the next month. Before you get up in arms, let me explain:

First is the time issue: despite not being in school, I simply don't have much free time. Between my job, my volunteer work, and being away from my computer each weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday), there just isn't much time for my projects. And with my high school career entering its final year, the completion/finalization of GSS is much more important to me than GSW. I have spent over 5 years on Isaac's Revenge/GSS, and I need to finish it before I go to college.

Second, there are some legitimate technical holdups at this point. One of the biggest is that we outgrew our server software, and so turned to ElectroServer (as you may have read in the DevBlog). However, ES and many other similar pieces of software cost alot of money if you want to allow more than 20 people online at the same time. I don't want to get locked into a specific piece of software unless I'm sure that I am going to be using it, so that's a bit of a roadblock.

Also in the technical holdups category, is Flash itself. Adobe (formerly Macromedia) recently released Actionscript 3.0, which improves the Flash Player's computing power almost an order of magnitude. Such power would allow me to do awesome collision detection and particle effects such as those found in psynergy effects and the GS battle system. However, the official version of Flash 9 which supports AS3.0 won't be released until next spring, which means I'd be working with a beta product until then. Add on to that the fact that none of the server software currently supports working with an AS3.0 client program.

So I hope that you took the time to read all of the above, and I hope you can understand why I have made the decision to put off GSW's development for now. By the end of February 2007, I will be done with the college admissions process and I will be done with my robotics season, so I will have plenty of time from March 2007 through August 2007 to work on personal projects, specifically GSW. Having put off the next release from February to "summer" to August, I don't think I can disappoint anyone more than I already have. Hopefully my reasoning is clear, and hopefully you all decide to stick around until next year.

#2   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members
      • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:25 PM

The site's been the backbone of all the other projects, I beleive. Without it being as close to perfect as it can get, it's like setting water into a bowl with holes in it. I look forward to seeing the final version of GSS.

Sometime this coming school year, I might try my hand at Flash and ActionScript. I'll see if I can be of use in the future. I'll always be somewhat on the forums or around the site, so I'm willing to stick around.

#3   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
        • Group: Veterans
        • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:46 PM

:P Well, it could be worse!
        Actually, I can live with this. There are loads of things that I have to do and start doing this month and in September, which just means I couldn't spend a lot of time on GSW. And I want to!
        It also allows me to pospone getting ADL internet, which is good, since it would be quite a problem getting it now, for many reasons.
        But yes, I'm pretty sure I'll be around for the release of GSW.

#4   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
          • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:58 PM

You gotta remember, some of us don't visit the actual site anymore. The redesign is very much called for and much more important. It should get people to at least glimpse at the site again.

#5   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
            • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 31 July 2006 - 05:33 PM

I'm one of those people that doesn't visit the main site. Which is a shame actually, but there is just no reason for me to go there.

#6   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
              • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 31 July 2006 - 06:12 PM

Oy, that sucks. But I'll live. School is much more important than GSW. I guess.

So, ah, the tenative "new" release date is sometime around August 2007?

#7   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:25 PM

Well, I too wouldn't have had much time to get on GSW, so this is fine by me. I'm always looking for new scripting/programming languages to learn, and I've been looking for someplace or something that could help me learn C++, but to no avail. So mabey I'll try Flash and actionscript. If I get good enough, I'd be glad to help.

#8   isaac2112 

• Gallant
                • PipPipPip
                  • Location:the land of the ice and snow from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow
                  • Interests:the band led zeppelin. the band rush. <br /><br />2112<br /><br />[I. Overture]<br /><br />And the meek shall inherit the earth...<br /><br />[II. Temples of Syrinx]<br /><br />...'The massive grey walls of the Temples rise from the heart of every Federation city. I <br />have always been awed by them, to think that every single facet of every life is regulated <br />and directed from within! Our books, our music, our work and play are all looked after by <br />the benevolent wisdom of the priests...'<br /><br />We've taken care of everything<br />The words you hear, the songs you sing<br />The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes<br />It's one for all and all for one<br />We work together, common sons<br />Never need to wonder how or why<br /><br />We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx<br />Our great computers fill the hallowed halls<br />We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx<br />All the gifts of life are held within our walls<br /><br />Look around at this world we've made<br />Equality our stock in trade<br />Come and join the Brotherhood of Man<br />Oh, what a nice, contented world<br />Let the banners be unfurled<br />Hold the Red Star proudly high in hand<br /><br />We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx<br />Our great computers fill the hallowed halls<br />We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx<br />All the gifts of life are held within our walls<br /><br />[III. Discovery]<br /><br />'...Behind my beloved waterfall, in the little room that was hidden beneath the cave, I <br />found it. I brushed away the dust of the years, and picked it up, holding it reverently in <br />my hands. I had no idea what it might be, but it was beautiful...'<br /><br />'...I learned to lay my fingers across the wires, and to turn the keys to make them sound <br />differently. As I struck the wires with my other hand, I produced my first harmonious sounds <br />and soon my own music! How different it could be from the music of the Temples! I can't wait <br />to tell the priests about it!...'<br /><br />What can this strange device be?<br />When I touch it, it gives forth a sound<br />It's got wires that vibrate and give music<br />What can this thing be that I found?<br /><br />See how it sings like a sad heart<br />And joyously screams out its pain<br />Sounds that build high like a mountain<br />Or notes that fall gently like rain<br /><br />I can't wait to share this new wonder<br />The people will all see its light<br />Let them all make their own music<br />The Priests praise my name on this night<br /><br />[IV. Presentation]<br /><br />'...In the sudden silence as I finished playing, I looked up to a circle of grim, <br />expressionless faces. Father Brown rose to his feet, and his somnolent voice echoed <br />throughout the silent Temple Hall...'<br /><br />'...Instead of the grateful joy that I expected, they were words of quiet rejection! <br />Instead of praise, sullen dismissal. I watched in shock and horror as Father Brown ground <br />my precious instrument to splinters beneath his feet...'<br /><br />I know it's most unusual<br />To come before you so<br />But I've found an ancient miracle<br />I thought that you should know<br />Listen to my music<br />And hear what it can do<br />There's something here as strong as life<br />I know that it will reach you<br /><br />Yes, we know, it's nothing new<br />It's just a waste of time<br />We have no need for ancient ways<br />The world is doing fine<br />Another toy will help destroy<br />The elder race of man<br />Forget about your silly whim<br />It doesn't fit the plan<br /><br />I can't believe you're saying<br />These things just can't be true<br />Our world could use this beauty<br />Just think what we might do<br />Listen to my music<br />And hear what it can do<br />There's something here as strong as life<br />I know that it will reach you<br /><br />Don't annoy us further!<br />We have our work to do<br />Just think about the average<br />What use have they for you?<br />Another toy will help destroy<br />The elder race of man<br />Forget about your silly whim<br />It doesn't fit the Plan!<br /><br />[V. Oracle: The Dream]<br /><br />'...I guess it was a dream, but even now it all seems so vivid to me. Clearly yet I see <br />the beckoning hand of the oracle as he stood at the summit of the staircase...'<br /><br />'...I see still the incredible beauty of the sculptured cities and the pure spirit of man <br />revealed in the lives and works of this world. I was overwhelmed by both wonder and <br />understanding as I saw a completely different way to life, a way that had been crushed <br />by the Federation long ago. I saw now how meaningless life had become with the loss of <br />all these things...'<br /><br />I wandered home though the silent streets<br />And fell into a fitful sleep<br />Escape to realms beyond the night<br />Dream can't you show me the light?<br /><br />I stand atop a spiral stair<br />An oracle confronts me there<br />He leads me on light years away<br />Through astral nights, galactic days<br />I see the works of gifted hands<br />That grace this strange and wondrous land<br />I see the hand of man arise<br />With hungry mind and open eyes<br /><br />They left the planet long ago<br />The elder race still learn and grow<br />Their power grows with purpose strong<br />To claim the home where they belong<br />Home to tear the Temples down...<br />Home to change!<br /><br />[VI. Soliloquy]<br /><br />'...I have not left this cave for days now, it has become my last refuge in my total <br />despair. I have only the music of the waterfall to comfort me now. I can no longer live <br />under the control of the Federation, but there is no other place to go. My last hope is <br />that with my death I may pass into the world of my dream, and know peace at last.'<br /><br />The sleep is still in my eyes<br />The dream is still in my head<br />I heave a sigh and sadly smile<br />And lie a while in bed<br />I wish that it might come to pass<br />Not fade like all my dreams...<br /><br />Just think of what my life might be<br />In a world like I have seen!<br />I don't think I can carry on<br />Carry on this cold and empty life<br /><br />My spirits are low in the depths of despair<br />My lifeblood...<br />...Spills over...<br /><br />[VII. The Grand Finale]<br /><br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />We have assumed control<br />We have assumed control<br />We have assumed control<br /><br />Whole Lotta Love <br />(Bonham/Jones/Page/Plant) <br /><br />You need coolin', baby, I'm not foolin', <br />I'm gonna send you back to schoolin', <br />Way down inside honey, you need it, <br />I'm gonna give you my love, <br />I'm gonna give you my love. <br /><br />*Wanna Whole Lotta Love (X4) <br /><br />You've been learnin', baby, I bean learnin', <br />All them good times, baby, baby, I've been yearnin', <br />Way, way down inside honey, you need it, <br />I'm gonna give you my love... I'm gonna give you my love. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />You've been coolin', baby, I've been droolin', <br />All the good times I've been misusin', <br />Way, way down inside, I'm gonna give you my love, <br />I'm gonna give you every inch of my love, <br />Gonna give you my love. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />Way down inside... woman... You need... love. <br /><br />Shake for me, girl. I wanna be your backdoor man. <br />Keep it coolin', baby. <br /><br />Black Dog <br />(Jones/Page/Plant) <br /><br />Hey, hey, mama, said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove. <br />Oh, oh, child, way you shake that thing, gonna make you burn, gonna make you sting. <br />Hey, hey, baby, when you walk that way, watch your honey drip, can't keep away. <br /><br />*Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. <br /><br />I gotta roll, can't stand still, got a flame in my heart, can't get my fill. <br />Eyes that shine burning red, dreams of you all through my head. <br /><br />Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah. <br /><br />Hey, baby, oh, baby, pretty baby, Tell me won't you you do me now. <br /><br />Didn't take too long 'fore I found out, what people mean my down and out. <br />Spent my money, took my car, started telling her friends she wants to be a star. <br />I don't know but I been told, a big-legged woman ain't got no soul. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />All I ask for when I pray, steady rollin' woman gonna come my way. <br />Need a woman gonna hold my hand, won't tell me no lies, make me a happy man. <br /><br />Immigrant Song <br />(Page/Plant) <br /><br />Ah, ah, <br />We come from the land of the ice and snow, <br />From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow. <br />The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands, <br />To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming! <br /><br />On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore. <br /><br />Ah, ah, <br />We come from the land of the ice and snow, <br />From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow. <br />How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of gore, <br />Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your overlords. <br /><br />On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore. <br /><br />So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins, <br />For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing.

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:45 PM

OMG MAX!!!!! All well, I can wait for you to have gsw ready. Its just that I am so excited because i havent played it before. But, don't worry. I will be pacient.

#9   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                    • AKA Me111

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:06 AM

I haven't played it before and I can wait. Therefore everyone else can. :P
                    But school is more important. Get that outta the way first.

#10   Neon 

• Disciple

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:17 AM

just on the action script 3 part. My advice to you is to continue working on the current design of gsw and release it as the first version with all the unavoidable flaws. Then modify the basics and add all the advanced stuff that the new action script/flash allows, then release that as the second version.

Alot of work i know, but it's probably better if you don't let the current build go to waste. I also think it would help the project alot if you started seeing some things finalized. I'm seriously surprised you havn't given up entirely with all the recoding etc you've been doing. Sometimes you can't make it perfect first time around (hard i know! lol) and just have to go back and improve things at a later date.

EDIT: ok, wtf, it duplicated all the stuff above...

#11   Max 

• Administrator

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:49 AM

Neon, I would be inclined to agree with you if it were not for the fact that there really is no current build. All I have at this point are several independent prototypes that I did to ensure that functionality would work. But it is in no way cohesive, nor does it bear any resemblance to the final GSW product. This AS3.0 conundrum start back at the beginning of June, and I was just going to stick with AS2.0, but now that I haven't gotten much further I'm reconsidering my course of action, as stated in the news post.

#12   Mysterious Adept 

• Lord
                        • PipPipPipPip
                          • Interests:Hello. How are you? I'm good. Am i talking to myself? well if i am DO NOT BE ALARMED! I'm like that lol

Posted 02 August 2006 - 08:07 AM

Take as long as you need, i'll always come back, and besides it gives me time to do other stuff, like school and sports(though i am not exaclty bursting with joy about sports lol) :P

#13   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 08 August 2006 - 04:15 PM

Personally, I think we should just stop naming dates when GSW will come out. It only leaves room for disappointment when the date gets pushed back.

When it comes out, it comes out, and that's my perogative on this whole situation.

Thank you for the update, Max.

#14   isaac2112 

• Gallant
                            • PipPipPip
                              • Location:the land of the ice and snow from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow
                              • Interests:the band led zeppelin. the band rush. <br /><br />2112<br /><br />[I. Overture]<br /><br />And the meek shall inherit the earth...<br /><br />[II. Temples of Syrinx]<br /><br />...'The massive grey walls of the Temples rise from the heart of every Federation city. I <br />have always been awed by them, to think that every single facet of every life is regulated <br />and directed from within! Our books, our music, our work and play are all looked after by <br />the benevolent wisdom of the priests...'<br /><br />We've taken care of everything<br />The words you hear, the songs you sing<br />The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes<br />It's one for all and all for one<br />We work together, common sons<br />Never need to wonder how or why<br /><br />We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx<br />Our great computers fill the hallowed halls<br />We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx<br />All the gifts of life are held within our walls<br /><br />Look around at this world we've made<br />Equality our stock in trade<br />Come and join the Brotherhood of Man<br />Oh, what a nice, contented world<br />Let the banners be unfurled<br />Hold the Red Star proudly high in hand<br /><br />We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx<br />Our great computers fill the hallowed halls<br />We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx<br />All the gifts of life are held within our walls<br /><br />[III. Discovery]<br /><br />'...Behind my beloved waterfall, in the little room that was hidden beneath the cave, I <br />found it. I brushed away the dust of the years, and picked it up, holding it reverently in <br />my hands. I had no idea what it might be, but it was beautiful...'<br /><br />'...I learned to lay my fingers across the wires, and to turn the keys to make them sound <br />differently. As I struck the wires with my other hand, I produced my first harmonious sounds <br />and soon my own music! How different it could be from the music of the Temples! I can't wait <br />to tell the priests about it!...'<br /><br />What can this strange device be?<br />When I touch it, it gives forth a sound<br />It's got wires that vibrate and give music<br />What can this thing be that I found?<br /><br />See how it sings like a sad heart<br />And joyously screams out its pain<br />Sounds that build high like a mountain<br />Or notes that fall gently like rain<br /><br />I can't wait to share this new wonder<br />The people will all see its light<br />Let them all make their own music<br />The Priests praise my name on this night<br /><br />[IV. Presentation]<br /><br />'...In the sudden silence as I finished playing, I looked up to a circle of grim, <br />expressionless faces. Father Brown rose to his feet, and his somnolent voice echoed <br />throughout the silent Temple Hall...'<br /><br />'...Instead of the grateful joy that I expected, they were words of quiet rejection! <br />Instead of praise, sullen dismissal. I watched in shock and horror as Father Brown ground <br />my precious instrument to splinters beneath his feet...'<br /><br />I know it's most unusual<br />To come before you so<br />But I've found an ancient miracle<br />I thought that you should know<br />Listen to my music<br />And hear what it can do<br />There's something here as strong as life<br />I know that it will reach you<br /><br />Yes, we know, it's nothing new<br />It's just a waste of time<br />We have no need for ancient ways<br />The world is doing fine<br />Another toy will help destroy<br />The elder race of man<br />Forget about your silly whim<br />It doesn't fit the plan<br /><br />I can't believe you're saying<br />These things just can't be true<br />Our world could use this beauty<br />Just think what we might do<br />Listen to my music<br />And hear what it can do<br />There's something here as strong as life<br />I know that it will reach you<br /><br />Don't annoy us further!<br />We have our work to do<br />Just think about the average<br />What use have they for you?<br />Another toy will help destroy<br />The elder race of man<br />Forget about your silly whim<br />It doesn't fit the Plan!<br /><br />[V. Oracle: The Dream]<br /><br />'...I guess it was a dream, but even now it all seems so vivid to me. Clearly yet I see <br />the beckoning hand of the oracle as he stood at the summit of the staircase...'<br /><br />'...I see still the incredible beauty of the sculptured cities and the pure spirit of man <br />revealed in the lives and works of this world. I was overwhelmed by both wonder and <br />understanding as I saw a completely different way to life, a way that had been crushed <br />by the Federation long ago. I saw now how meaningless life had become with the loss of <br />all these things...'<br /><br />I wandered home though the silent streets<br />And fell into a fitful sleep<br />Escape to realms beyond the night<br />Dream can't you show me the light?<br /><br />I stand atop a spiral stair<br />An oracle confronts me there<br />He leads me on light years away<br />Through astral nights, galactic days<br />I see the works of gifted hands<br />That grace this strange and wondrous land<br />I see the hand of man arise<br />With hungry mind and open eyes<br /><br />They left the planet long ago<br />The elder race still learn and grow<br />Their power grows with purpose strong<br />To claim the home where they belong<br />Home to tear the Temples down...<br />Home to change!<br /><br />[VI. Soliloquy]<br /><br />'...I have not left this cave for days now, it has become my last refuge in my total <br />despair. I have only the music of the waterfall to comfort me now. I can no longer live <br />under the control of the Federation, but there is no other place to go. My last hope is <br />that with my death I may pass into the world of my dream, and know peace at last.'<br /><br />The sleep is still in my eyes<br />The dream is still in my head<br />I heave a sigh and sadly smile<br />And lie a while in bed<br />I wish that it might come to pass<br />Not fade like all my dreams...<br /><br />Just think of what my life might be<br />In a world like I have seen!<br />I don't think I can carry on<br />Carry on this cold and empty life<br /><br />My spirits are low in the depths of despair<br />My lifeblood...<br />...Spills over...<br /><br />[VII. The Grand Finale]<br /><br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />We have assumed control<br />We have assumed control<br />We have assumed control<br /><br />Whole Lotta Love <br />(Bonham/Jones/Page/Plant) <br /><br />You need coolin', baby, I'm not foolin', <br />I'm gonna send you back to schoolin', <br />Way down inside honey, you need it, <br />I'm gonna give you my love, <br />I'm gonna give you my love. <br /><br />*Wanna Whole Lotta Love (X4) <br /><br />You've been learnin', baby, I bean learnin', <br />All them good times, baby, baby, I've been yearnin', <br />Way, way down inside honey, you need it, <br />I'm gonna give you my love... I'm gonna give you my love. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />You've been coolin', baby, I've been droolin', <br />All the good times I've been misusin', <br />Way, way down inside, I'm gonna give you my love, <br />I'm gonna give you every inch of my love, <br />Gonna give you my love. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />Way down inside... woman... You need... love. <br /><br />Shake for me, girl. I wanna be your backdoor man. <br />Keep it coolin', baby. <br /><br />Black Dog <br />(Jones/Page/Plant) <br /><br />Hey, hey, mama, said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove. <br />Oh, oh, child, way you shake that thing, gonna make you burn, gonna make you sting. <br />Hey, hey, baby, when you walk that way, watch your honey drip, can't keep away. <br /><br />*Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. <br /><br />I gotta roll, can't stand still, got a flame in my heart, can't get my fill. <br />Eyes that shine burning red, dreams of you all through my head. <br /><br />Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah. <br /><br />Hey, baby, oh, baby, pretty baby, Tell me won't you you do me now. <br /><br />Didn't take too long 'fore I found out, what people mean my down and out. <br />Spent my money, took my car, started telling her friends she wants to be a star. <br />I don't know but I been told, a big-legged woman ain't got no soul. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />All I ask for when I pray, steady rollin' woman gonna come my way. <br />Need a woman gonna hold my hand, won't tell me no lies, make me a happy man. <br /><br />Immigrant Song <br />(Page/Plant) <br /><br />Ah, ah, <br />We come from the land of the ice and snow, <br />From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow. <br />The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands, <br />To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming! <br /><br />On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore. <br /><br />Ah, ah, <br />We come from the land of the ice and snow, <br />From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow. <br />How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of gore, <br />Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your overlords. <br /><br />On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore. <br /><br />So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins, <br />For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing.

Posted 11 August 2006 - 01:03 AM

I agree, there is so many times where I have looked foward to playing gsw and then, "Oh sorry delayed". just dont make dates, just let us know when you have it done.

#15   Max 

• Administrator

Posted 13 August 2006 - 07:33 AM

Yes, isaac, that is my intention in the future. I would still like to post updates on development, but I won't be promising dates anymore (not that I ever did, I just said expected month).

#16 Guest_seeviper_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 October 2006 - 02:34 PM

can you at least tell us weither or not you are for certin going to finish GSW or is it a lost cause?

#17   Max 

• Administrator

Posted 04 October 2006 - 05:59 PM

Seeviper, if you even bothered to read the post you would see that I do intend to finish the project. I have invested so much time into this project that it would be a waste to just let it die. I simply do not have the time currently to devote to its development, and so I have put it aside until the spring when I have more time and energy.

#18   zepula 

• New User

Posted 03 December 2006 - 03:15 PM

So when will there be another update?

#19   Max 

• Administrator

Posted 04 December 2006 - 06:40 PM

zepula, I don't really appreciate you bumping an old topic, you really need to check the last post dates before you post in old topics.

As I state in pretty much every news post, I will post an update when there is something that has changed. I said in my previous posts in this topic, I'm waiting until spring for some new tools to appear and for my schedule to open up.

#20   zepula 

• New User

Posted 05 December 2006 - 06:41 PM

...I feel so stupid, I thought I was posting a comment on the GSW site.
                                        I'm really sorry about that...=/

#21   The Wind Seer 

• Slayer
                                        • PipPipPipPipPip
                                          • Interests:My interests are swimming, video games (like age of empires, golden sun series, star wars battlefront, halo 2), reading good books (long exciting types), learning, exercising, taking my dog for a walk, and soccer!

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:55 PM

How much time do we have to wait for Golden Sun World?

#22   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                            • AKA Me111

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:01 PM

View PostMax, on Jul 31 2006, 10:12 PM, said:

So I hope that you took the time to read all of the above, and I hope you can understand why I have made the decision to put off GSW's development for now. By the end of February 2007, I will be done with the college admissions process and I will be done with my robotics season, so I will have plenty of time from March 2007 through August 2007 to work on personal projects, specifically GSW. Having put off the next release from February to "summer" to August, I don't think I can disappoint anyone more than I already have. Hopefully my reasoning is clear, and hopefully you all decide to stick around until next year.

Basically you've still got a bit of wait left. However it'll definitely be worth it.

#23   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                              • Interests:.5% per annum.
                                              • AKA Spam King

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:03 PM

I tell you, if one more person asks that question I'm going to seriously consider finishing GSW myself. What does it take to burn it into your skulls?

#24   The Wind Seer 

• Slayer
                                              • PipPipPipPipPip
                                                • Interests:My interests are swimming, video games (like age of empires, golden sun series, star wars battlefront, halo 2), reading good books (long exciting types), learning, exercising, taking my dog for a walk, and soccer!

Posted 19 January 2007 - 11:32 PM

View PostSplit Infinity, on Jan 7 2007, 03:03 PM, said:

I tell you, if one more person asks that question I'm going to seriously consider finishing GSW myself. What does it take to burn it into your skulls?

When will GS world be done?

P.S.
                                                Make the game now...

#25   Max 

• Administrator

Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:04 PM

To be perfectly frank, every time someone asks me when GSW will be done, it makes me want to work on it less. If you guys just shut up about it, then I will get to it as I stated in the first post in this topic. So to prevent you guys from driving me off, I'm going to close this topic now. Read the first post, and you'll understand my plan. Until I make another news post on the GSW site, please stop asking.

Page 1 of 1
                                                  • You cannot start a new topic
                                                  • This topic is locked