• You cannot reply to this topic

Your Future Careers, family and life.

#1   Eugine 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:03 PM

The time has come when many of us start to ponder upon our future. Asking ourselves the questions:
    - Is this my calling?
    - Do I really want to base my life of this?
    - When do I want to start to have a family?

Those questions were just a few of the countless questions we ask...
    So, where do you see yourself in the future? What career are you pursuing? Do you see yourself having a family?

I myself a while ago wanted to pursue a career relating to Computer Science but after thought I realised that computers is just something I like, a hobby; so I decided to focus my energy on computers only in spare time.
    Right now, I see myself having a future in Earth Science > Geophysics > Hydrology. I'm not too sure about Hydrology though, I have a few years to pinpoint specifically... Also, I want to have knowledge in Business Administration.

Anyway, I always told myself I'd try to have a family in my 30s, having wonderful children with a beautiful wife, living life comfortably with them, not excessively rich, but atleast able to support my family beautifully.

What about you?

#2   Mindpatch 

• Berserker
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:10 PM

I live for today, which probably means I will end up living in a box in front of a macys, or I'll end up being excessively rich and famous. It's either 1 of those.

#3   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
        • AKA Me111

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:36 PM

I try not to think to far into the future. I prefer thinking 'what am I gonna do today?' as opposed to 'what will I be doing in 30 years or so?' The only exception is when I'm thinking about school and I've gotta take my options. When I did that for year 10 I kept thinking 'what can I achieve from doing this subject?'

#4   Enjealousy 

• Squire
        • Pip
          • Interests:Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, Music, Poetry, Anime, Manga, Batman

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:40 PM

I wouldn't mind a famliy... hopefully I'll be able to mature a bit more before then, otherwise I'd kill my children.

I'd love to be an English professeur at a college or something, mainly for poetry. Err... I'd only do that if music doesn't work out for me. I'm very, very determined to release a few albums. I can compose pretty well (for my age anyway, I'll probably get even better later). If that doesn't work out for me I'll be either an English guy, or a mixer/tracker in musical recording or just a straight out composer. It'll be good.

#5   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
            • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:00 PM

View PostMe111, on Aug 2 2006, 12:36 PM, said:

I try not to think to far into the future. I prefer thinking 'what am I gonna do today?' as opposed to 'what will I be doing in 30 years or so?'

I do that when it feels time goes way too fast. It helps make things a little more "Stop to smell the roeses" type of thing.

But I live for the future by working hard today. I've always had a knack for Drawing, writing, storytelling, and I happen to be overcome by a lot of big ideas. Early on, I'll probably take it into the Video game business, thinking up the big ideas for Research and Development. Maybe later on, my ideas would be better off as books. *shrug*

#6   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:04 PM

Currently I have a big decision to make.
              I could either be a pharmacist, which I find interesting and has great promise.
              Or I could call that recruiter back that said I was qualified for the Navy's nuclear program. (I know, OMGPOTATO! Nuclear?!?!)
              It's a tough choice, school for pharmacology will be expensive. The Navy will pay for college, but I don't know if I'd survive basic training. (I have... rather poor physical strength. I wouldn't survive ten minutes in boot camp. I'd die of shame if not physical exhaustion.)
              There's a bunch of other factors to weigh, (Risk of being killed, pharmecudical company nazis, etc.) but that's my conoundrum.

#7   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 04 August 2006 - 01:22 AM

If I were you, I'd go with the Navy. Nuclear physics is cool IMO, and they'd pay for college. Not only that, but you're serving your country.

I like drawing, building, designing, creating, cooking, computers, videogames, cars, track, swimming, and baseball. Out of those, I'd probably go with computer engineering, car designing, software engineering, or cooking.

Off topic, my mom has a friend who's husband is a chef and mathmetician. Using math, he mad a 62 layer cake.

#8   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
                  • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 04 August 2006 - 01:35 AM

I'd have to say that i'll end up with a career in law or business...possibly both. Most likely law, though

#9   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                    • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 04 August 2006 - 01:48 AM

Some dodge office.
                    I'll be a drone.
                    I'll make the ****ty commute to the city every day.
                    I'll do the same thing everyday.
                    Then I'll have had enough **** and quit.
                    Then I'll start my own business.
                    Then it will succeed.
                    Then I'll be all like. Yeah, *****.

View PostMr.T, on Aug 4 2006, 05:22 PM, said:

Off topic, my mom has a friend who's husband is a chef and mathmetician. Using math, he mad a 62 layer cake.

* Drool *

#10   Bexie 

• Gallant
                    • PipPipPip
                      • Interests:... Stuff?

Posted 05 August 2006 - 10:37 AM

I'm one of those people who decided what they were going to do when they were eight. xD I HAVE IT ALLLL PLANNED.

September 2006 - July 2008: Studying for A Levels in Chemistry, History and Psychology at Suffolk College. Also studying Japanese at college.
                      2008/9-2009/10: Gap year. Visiting Japan, America, perhaps other parts of Europe.
                      2010 - ???: Studying for a degree in History at university. Not sure how long that'll take, so I don't know the dates of the next things I'm doing. Anyway, after that:

Teacher training.
                      Get a job as a teacher in a Primary or special needs school, or a GCSE and A Level History teacher.

The end.

#11   Enjealousy 

• Squire
                      • Pip
                        • Interests:Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, Music, Poetry, Anime, Manga, Batman

Posted 05 August 2006 - 11:08 AM

View PostBexie, on Aug 5 2006, 11:37 AM, said:

Get a job as a teacher in a Primary or special needs school, or a GCSE and A Level History teacher.

The end.

Whaaat? Primary? Why not go on and be a sweet prof. like me? :P

#12   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
                          • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 06 August 2006 - 11:30 AM

I always figured writing for a magazine would a really sweet job. I'll most likely go into business, and end up in a cubicle. Those jobs never seemed too bad to me. Although I'd like to do someting different...I really don't think ahead. I should probably start.

#13   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                            • Group: Admin

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:03 PM

I've really opened my eyes to my future. I used to think of a simple goal of going to high school, doing well, going to college, doing well, going to med school, doing well, and starting my career as a physician when I'm nearly 30, and everything else would just follow.

Looking back just a year or so ago, I can't believe I was ever thinking like that. Now, being here in college, I want more than that. I want fulfillment, the sort of thing that a career provides, but goes beyond that - there's more to life than that, so much to see and learn and do. It sounds cliched, but it really makes you feel just how short life is, and just how much we have to make the best of it.

I'm now changing my career and goals in life. I want to become someone who's able to travel around the world, maybe a professor or scholar who gives lectures all over. I want to start a family and have children and raise them. I want to see all the major natural wonders of the world. It's idealistic perhaps, but I feel a lot happier chasing that than just "ZOMG DOCTOR!!!11oneone"

Although more practically, I'm tentatively planning on becoming a college mathematics professor. Never would have considered that a year ago.

#14   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                              • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
                              • AKA escout

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:09 PM

My aim is to be a video game designer once I finish college. And I plan on dedicating my first game to this forum.

#15   Envy 

• Gallant
                              • PipPipPip
                                • Interests:Playing the bassoon

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:14 PM

I plan on becoming a music teacher of some sort. I seriously thought through it and realized that there's nothing I'd be happier doing. Being a performer would be awesome as well, but I just don't have that kind of talent.

As for family and such, I don't know at this point. There's some huge issues I need to resolve (although it's not possible, I'll do the best I can!) with myself before I can worry about such things. I do know that I'd like to have a child, though. And I do really really really like somebody right now. :\

I'm only 18 though. Perhaps I should just relax. XD

#16   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                  • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:16 PM

View Postescout, on Oct 26 2007, 07:09 PM, said:

My aim is to be a video game designer once I finish college. And I plan on dedicating my first game to this forum.

No offense, but that's just sad. ( The forum bit)

#17   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                    • AKA watch

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:10 PM

My most recent career was Accounting. However after actually studying it I must really change my mind. My main goal is to beat my dad's earning potential, and while I'm not againest White Collar jobs I would like to be in one that travels alot.

#18   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                      • Group: Moderator
                                      • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:00 PM

It's important to have a number of careers in mind rather than just one. Have sights on just one goal is foolish, you never know what might happen and you discover that you don't have the mindset or knowledge to pursue it. A backup is a good plan.

Right now, I think Photojournalism is a job that fascinates me. You're right on the spot and you experience events rather than just read about them in a magazine or newspaper, and you capture those memories. Really, a great way to see the world. I think I'd like to be a photojournalist for wildlife preservation and/or poverty.

My backup is to be a Biologist, more specifically, in zoology. I love animals.

I'm not thinking about a family right now. That'll come when there's a girl worth my time, lol.

#19   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                        • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:19 AM

View PostWind Dude, on Oct 27 2007, 07:00 AM, said:

It's important to have a number of careers in mind rather than just one. Have sights on just one goal is foolish, you never know what might happen and you discover that you don't have the mindset or knowledge to pursue it. A backup is a good plan.

People, read that quote, even if you've already read his post. That is SO true, I've only just learned that a few months ago. For years and years I've only had one career in mind. However, now that I'm preparing and studying for my future, I have a couple more in mind.

If you don't have more than one or two careers in mind now, don't worry. By the time you get to teh age when you have to start getting ready for teh future, you'll have many more ideas and possibilities. They'll just seemingly appear out pf nowhere, that's the way it goes.

#20   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                          • Group: Admin

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:45 PM

That's what people claim happens in college. People walk in as Pre-Med and walk out Theology, Philosophy, Art majors because they realize that's what satisfies them and makes them happy.

The time will come when you'll realize just all the things you want to do, even if you never considered them before.

#21   Blue 

• Master Adept
                                            • Interests:Video Games and Drift Racing

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:11 PM

I really can't see that far ahead right now. I just have to take things as they come.

#22   Caael 

• Master Adept
                                              • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:22 PM

When I grow big, I wanna be a whale.

#23   Ironsight 

• Loose cannon Cop with nothing to lose
                                                • AKA Darksword

Posted 17 December 2007 - 07:57 PM

I prefer to not think ahead so far into the future. I get stressed out. Instead I take my life one week at a time. I know someday I'll have to start planning in the years, but for now this system works fine for me.

#24   SavageMoon 

• New User

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:39 PM

I have put a lot of thought into my future. For the longest time I was in that CSI phase...all I wanted to think about was how cool it would be to take blood samples and solve grisly murders. That phase quickly passed because I wasn't doing as well as I wanted to in Chemistry...Now I'm thinking of keeping it in the law enforcement category and going for Criminology. I'd like to somehow link it to Psychology, or even law...I have no idea really. I think being a behavioural profiler would be awesome, but at the same time I still get that little thought of how cool would it be to work at a crime scene and test things. The only problem is pay. Sure I'd like the job, but I'd also like to get paid a decent amount! I really need to think about what it is I want to get into because I'm starting university next year. So far I've narrowed it down to 'Arts' which includes both Psychology and Criminology...but as there are still 6 and a half months of school I'm bound to rethink it out and probably change it. If none of that works, I've always got music!

#25   Fury 

• Lord
                                                  • PipPipPipPip
                                                    • Location:The Darkest Corner In Space
                                                    • Interests:Full Metal Alchemist<br /><br />Final Fantasy<br /><br />Fire Emblem<br /><br />Golden Sun<br /><br />Maybe drawing<br />(not that good)<br /><br />Naruto<br /><br />Bleach<br /><br />Ice cream<br /><br />Rocky I, II, III, IV, &amp; V
                                                    • AKA EarthAdept

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:53 PM

I'd like to be a writer or an artist.

#26   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                      • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 17 December 2007 - 10:03 PM

Man. I think I found my calling a few years ago. It would be sooo disastrous for me to suddenly realise that Geology isn't my thing. Actually, it will be devastating.
                                                      I don't see that happening though. I just love everything about Earth Science =)

#27   Ironsight 

• Loose cannon Cop with nothing to lose
                                                        • Location:Segmentum Obscurus
                                                        • AKA Darksword

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:25 PM

At first I wan'ted to drive a submarine around. Then I wanted to be a Policeman. Now I feel like doing something invovlving Video Game development.

~700~

#28   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                          • Location:Sky Haven, the island in the sky
                                                          • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
                                                          • AKA escout

Posted 18 December 2007 - 12:27 AM

View PostDarkSword, on Dec 18 2007, 12:25 AM, said:

At first I wan'ted to drive a submarine around. Then I wanted to be a Policeman. Now I feel like doing something invovlving Video Game development.

same here, but barring that, I want to try and break into the writting industry. I'm working on about half a dozen different stories right now, and I plan to develop them further. At least, that's half a dozen stories that are not fan-fics, but are of my own creation.

#29   Fury 

• Lord
                                                          • PipPipPipPip
                                                            • Joined: 11-July 04
                                                            • Location:The Darkest Corner In Space
                                                            • Interests:Full Metal Alchemist<br /><br />Final Fantasy<br /><br />Fire Emblem<br /><br />Golden Sun<br /><br />Maybe drawing<br />(not that good)<br /><br />Naruto<br /><br />Bleach<br /><br />Ice cream<br /><br />Rocky I, II, III, IV, &amp; V
                                                            • AKA EarthAdept

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:44 AM

View Post.eugine, on Dec 17 2007, 11:03 PM, said:

Man. I think I found my calling a few years ago. It would be sooo disastrous for me to suddenly realise that Geology isn't my thing. Actually, it will be devastating.
                                                            I don't see that happening though. I just love everything about Earth Science =)

If you do that try to stop global warming if thats what you do. You can do it.

#30   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                                                              • Joined: 04-June 04
                                                              • Location:'straya
                                                              • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:20 PM

When I grow up, I wanna be a steam shovel!
                                                              - Bender.

In all seriousness, I'd like to be something based around words (author, magazine editor, something like that) or photography.
                                                              I want something that I'm not in an office for every day, something with plenty of free time, and with a decent income.

#31   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                • Joined: 28-January 04
                                                                • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:30 PM

View PostEarthAdept, on Dec 18 2007, 03:44 AM, said:

If you do that try to stop global warming if thats what you do. You can do it.
                                                                (Unfortunately?) I think I want to work in the petroleum indistry. More pollution and global warming? xD

Sibsag, I want to do something relating to photography and authoring also, but not as a profession. More like a hobby. I'm not sure, but I think photography is very time consuming and hard to make a living off.

#32   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept
                                                                  • Posts: 4,002
                                                                  • Joined: 23-June 05
                                                                  • Location:Somewhere in Europe
                                                                  • Interests:Nom nom nom. Cookies.

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:46 PM

I know a photographing artist thingie. It's very hard at the beginning, you need to get known in the small artist world. But when you're discovered, and under contract by a magazine or something it's a wonderful job. You get a vague description of what they want, and they trust you to make something good out of it.

Freelance photographer on the other hand, well that's just hard.

#33   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
                                                                    • Posts: 2,902
                                                                    • Joined: 21-June 04
                                                                    • Gender:Female
                                                                    • Location:Tucson, Arizona
                                                                    • Interests:I've got hobby A.D.D.
                                                                    • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 23 December 2007 - 02:17 PM

Oooh, I love thinking about the future. I have everything planned out, pretty much.

Marriage: I'm going to stay single, or at least get married around 30-35 when I'm done rotations and guys are actually mature :D

Kids: None. Kids are the spawn of satan >[ I don't feel like going through childbirth to have a pain in the butt, problem child like most kids are.

Education: Right after I graduate high school (2009), I'm going to go to the University of Arizona for four years (I have a full ride scholarship there :D ) then go on to get my medical degree. I was talking with one of my old friends, Maggie (she was a member here, M&M), and she said she wants to go to the university and it's college of medicine as well, so we'll probably find a place to share rent until we're done school.

Career: Unlike what GL said, I want to go for the "OMG DOCTOR!!1!!111" I'm going to follow in my mom's footsteps and become a doctor of internal medicine. I have her knowledge to help me and I'm quite adept at picking up concepts. I find the workings of the human fascinating and I want a career that will support me, even if I don't get married. I'm the kind of person that won't just reach for the moon, but will reach for pluto. The harder the challenge, the more appealing it is to me.

Retirement: Most likely I'll have enough money put aside while I work, but I don't want to retire until I'm about 65-70. Being around people and being able to work is something I like. I don't want to depend on anyone to have to take care of me, and hopefully by the time I'm that age, the normal age of death will be up in the mid 100's. I want to retire in a tropical place, like Hawaii or the Bahamas.

Death: I don't want a big fancy funeral, and I want to be cremated. I don't want my body to rot away in a tomb, I want it to be freed and become part of nature again.

So see? I have everything planned out ^^

Edit: typo fixed. Incarceration would be a bit impossible if I was dead. XD

#34   kate 

• Master Adept
                                                                      • Posts: 2,900
                                                                      • Joined: 24-July 04
                                                                      • Location:over thar
                                                                      • Interests:rpgs (duh :P), internet (my precioussss)...other things computer related...and penguins! (penguin'd)
                                                                      • AKA The Best Woman Ever.

Posted 23 December 2007 - 03:28 PM

see, this is why ur my hero ls. marriage and kids is just not a party.

Me? I'm moving to england in july after graduation, then down to new zealand for vet school and then i will lie on beaches for the rest of eternity. that's right...eternity. did i mention i'm immortal?

but i will have more animals then the entirety of new zealand combined. 50 million sheep, all mine.

#35   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                                        • Posts: 4,114
                                                                        • Joined: 29-April 07
                                                                        • Gender:Male
                                                                        • Location:Sky Haven, the island in the sky
                                                                        • AKA escout

Posted 23 December 2007 - 04:46 PM

View Postlightningstar, on Dec 23 2007, 03:17 PM, said:

Death: I don't want a big fancy funeral, and I want to be incarcerated. I don't want my body to rot away in a tomb, I want it to be freed and become part of nature again.

shouldn't that say, 'cremated?' Otherwise, you want to be in jail.

#36   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
                                                                          • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:08 AM

THAT'S the word I was looking for! XDDD It sounded like fire...

And yes, I know all these mormons that want five thousand kids, and I'm like "hey, go for it, just as long as you raise them up to be good kids. Not my cup o' tea though."

#37   Kuchiyose 

• Berserker
                                                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                            • Posts: 540
                                                                            • Joined: 25-December 07
                                                                            • Location:UK
                                                                            • Interests:I enjoy watching anime (Naruto, FMA, One Piece, Elfin Lied etc). I also enjoy flash animating. If you want to know me more just send me a message and if you want to add me onto msn just ask (prefer it that way). <br /><br />Of course I'm a gamer, I like mainly Nintendo games but I also like Microsoft and Sony's. My faves are: Golden Sun 1 and 2, Jump Ultimate Star, Naruto class of Ninja, Metroid prime 1, 2 and 3, Legend of Zelda, Bioshock, Medal of Honour etc and so on.

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:33 PM

Hmmmmmm so far i just want to do really well in my A levels but for my future I want to go to University and study law and medical ethics or just criminal law. For marriage... I haven't really decided. I just want to achieve my own goals before I start considering relationships XD

#38   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
                                                                              • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:23 PM

That's the way to go. The thing I've learned about relationships is that they can be very stressful and highly influential. My brother gave up on his degree to get married to a girl in Germany, who he ended up divorcing.

#39   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                • Posts: 8,895
                                                                                • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:35 PM

Well, love is complicated. I honestly wouldn't mind any relationships until I complete my degree also, but love... it makes people do stupid things.
                                                                                I hope and pray to God, that nothing will come in between me and my life long dreams.

#40   kate 

• Master Adept
                                                                                  • Interests:rpgs (duh :P), internet (my precioussss)...other things computer related...and penguins! (penguin'd)

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:40 PM

bleargh that's why you never get married, so you're never tied down. fly away little birdy.

i think eugine has the right idea. goals first, love later. of course it depends on your priorities. can you be happy without love? or do you never know what happiness is until you experience it.

#41   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
                                                                                    • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:41 PM

Quote

I hope and pray to God, that nothing will come in between me and my life long dreams

Amen to that. We need more ambitious and determined people in this world. I think one of my biggest dreams is to go to Japan and meet my favorite anime artist.

#42   kate 

• Master Adept

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:43 PM

too many people never travel anywhere. it's unfortunate that money is so necessary for so many things. I don't want to waste my life trying to make money, but what else can u do?

#43   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                                                                                        • Posts: 11,279
                                                                                        • Joined: 16-December 05
                                                                                        • Location:37°48′S, 144°57′E.
                                                                                        • Interests:.5% per annum.
                                                                                        • AKA Spam King

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:47 PM

Yeah, you need money more than ever these days. Even the world hunger foundations need something to run off.

#44   kate 

• Master Adept

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:50 PM

honestly though, i'm not going to spend my whole life making money. i plan on spending mostly every penny. i know it's stupid and investing is important and all that, but you only live once.

#45   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
                                                                                            • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:12 PM

You can spend all your time making money
                                                                                            You can spend all your love making time
                                                                                            If it all fell to pieces tomorrow
                                                                                            Would you still be mine?

I love this song (Take it to the Limit- Eagles), and especially that part. Because seriously, that's what people do. They spend their lives making money, and throw away their relationships just surviving in life.

#46   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                              • Posts: 4,671
                                                                                              • Joined: 12-September 05
                                                                                              • Location:...
                                                                                              • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:59 AM

All my life I was sure I was going to get married one day, and that was one of my biggest goals: get married to the woman I love(whomever she may be) and have two or three kids. That's been changing the past couple of months though. I'm sure I will get married when I meet that woman, but thinking about tying myself to one partner for my whole life just makes me feel sick. Really.

#47   Kuchiyose 

• Berserker
                                                                                              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                • Posts: 540
                                                                                                • Joined: 25-December 07
                                                                                                • Location:UK
                                                                                                • Interests:I enjoy watching anime (Naruto, FMA, One Piece, Elfin Lied etc). I also enjoy flash animating. If you want to know me more just send me a message and if you want to add me onto msn just ask (prefer it that way). <br /><br />Of course I'm a gamer, I like mainly Nintendo games but I also like Microsoft and Sony's. My faves are: Golden Sun 1 and 2, Jump Ultimate Star, Naruto class of Ninja, Metroid prime 1, 2 and 3, Legend of Zelda, Bioshock, Medal of Honour etc and so on.

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:05 PM

Loves a *****, its either good or bites you in the arse, which is painful. I've seen too many relationships that have filed, maybe the reason I'm so pessimistic about love (reason why I haven't bothered with relationships in years) But I'm happy single, why ruining it XD

#48   kate 

• Master Adept

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:02 PM

see being single is fun until you need drama. i say if you ever feel the need to start dating, just go start a fight with a hobo and see if that satisfies your drama craving.

don't get married. if you want to spend your life with someone, then spend your life with them. why do you need a ring and a 50 000$ wedding for that. if you want to 'celebrate your love' then do something really nice for each other or throw a party. wedding's are unnecessary and a disaster waiting to happen.

#49   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                    • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 29 December 2007 - 09:56 PM

I agree, but then there's also that holy commitment that's supposed to make all the drama worth something. *Cough* Yeah right.

Quote

see being single is fun until you need drama. i say if you ever feel the need to start dating, just go start a fight with a hobo and see if that satisfies your drama craving.

I am SO sigging that once I decide to change my huge ass sig.

#50   Blue 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                      • Posts: 5,429
                                                                                                      • Joined: 18-July 05
                                                                                                      • Location:Chandler, AZ
                                                                                                      • Interests:Video Games and Drift Racing

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:18 AM

Well, I can now see my future a little clearer. Been thinking about stuff to do when I get my AA

#51   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                        • Posts: 8,895
                                                                                                        • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:26 AM

AA? ^^. And what are you thinking abot doing?

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                                        • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                                        • You cannot reply to this topic