Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Technical Problem

#1   Mysterious Adept 

• Lord
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Hello. How are you? I'm good. Am i talking to myself? well if i am DO NOT BE ALARMED! I'm like that lol

Posted 31 August 2006 - 02:24 PM

Everytime i start to play the game, it says i have no saved files, so i try starting over(I played for a while saved and quit) then the next time i tried to play it said there was no saved files again! What is this problem? is it something to do with the game's Battery?

#2   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:.5% per annum.
      • AKA Spam King

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:21 PM

Many games have this problem. Did you buy it second-hand?

#3   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:50 AM

Your battery is teh deadzors. Go buy a new cartridge.

#4   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
          • AKA Spam King

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:52 AM

Wait a minute, games have batteries? Then why do I have to charge my SP?

#5   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
            • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 02 September 2006 - 07:43 AM

All game cartridges have the equivalent of a watch battery inside them. It has just enough juice to maintain save data for a couple years while the cartridge isn't plugged into the gameboy. Every time the cartridge is plugged in, the little battery recharges. It works fine as long as the game is played, but if it sits around for more than four years or so (Like on a game store used rack) the battery will die and the save data will be lost. Some batteries can only be recharged if they have a little power left. I believe that FD is suggesting that the battery can't charge anymore so the save data is lost as soon as the system is turned off.

#6   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
              • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:15 AM

Wow, I would really get pissed off if that happened to me! I guess all you can do is buy another cartridge, or even try and ask Nintendo to replace it for free. They do that quite often actually.

#7   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                • AKA Spam King

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:27 AM

It's obviously not an official product of Nintendo, so I doubt they would replace it.

#8   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                  • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:31 AM

Yeah, if it IS official THAN they will. I mean, for all we can know, it might just be official. Two of my N64(Diddy Kong Racing and Banjo Tooie) games kept erasing all the saved files for no reason and they were official.

#9   Mysterious Adept 

• Lord
                  • PipPipPipPip
                    • Interests:Hello. How are you? I'm good. Am i talking to myself? well if i am DO NOT BE ALARMED! I'm like that lol

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:19 PM

View PostPlatinum Sun, on Sep 2 2006, 08:43 AM, said:

All game cartridges have the equivalent of a watch battery inside them. It has just enough juice to maintain save data for a couple years while the cartridge isn't plugged into the gameboy. Every time the cartridge is plugged in, the little battery recharges. It works fine as long as the game is played, but if it sits around for more than four years or so (Like on a game store used rack) the battery will die and the save data will be lost. Some batteries can only be recharged if they have a little power left. I believe that FD is suggesting that the battery can't charge anymore so the save data is lost as soon as the system is turned off.

This sounds like what happend, so is there isn't anway i could recharge it's battery?

#10   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
                      • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:20 PM

Normally it would recharge automatically when you play the game, but some batteries can only be recharged if they havn't been fully drained. I would suggest playing the game for awhile, or even just turning it on and letting the game idle for a few hours. If that dosn't revive the battery, you may need to have a new one installed and that means going to nintendo for help.

Page 1 of 1
                      • You cannot start a new topic
                      • You cannot reply to this topic