• You cannot reply to this topic

Maths Coursework Help Important- only post if you have something to contribute

#1   Caael 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 27 November 2006 - 02:04 AM

I am doing my maths coursework at school. It is annoying, because we are the last yeargroup to do coursework, after this they're gonna do something else. Anyway, it's statistics. You have to chose 3 hypotheses and prove them. Taken directly from my opening page:

Maths Coursework

I plan to see if there is any relationship between the price of games consoles, and how well their sales. I predict that the lower the price of the games console, the more it will sell. I also plan to investigate the age of people, and how much they would pay for a console. I predict that older people will be prepared to buy the more expensive consoles, as they have worked hard and have decided they deserve to spoil themselves, and also because parents of younger children wont want to fork out lots of money for something that the child might not like. I will work out how much people are willing to pay using a questionaire handed out to random people of each age group in the school.

My 3rd hypothesis is not included. This is my first problem. I wanted to find out how sales would be affected, and how much companies spent on advertisement. But I cannot find any information on Advertisement. If none of you guys can help, then i'll change my hypothesis. CHANGED HYPOTHESIS

Second problem isnt as major, but it is still important. I need to know the PRICE IN DOLLARS for the XBOX, GAMECUBE AND PS2 for LAUNCH, and all the different prices up to the end of 2005, otherwise it will not be possible to complete my first hypothesis.
    SOLVED

This would be an amazing help guys, otherwise I might not get it done in time for Friday; I would be spending my time looking for information. Thanks again.

#2   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
      • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 27 November 2006 - 08:47 AM

I hope this helps:

http://en.wikipedia....e#Price_history

http://en.wikipedia....2#Price_history

http://en.wikipedia....ki/XBox#Pricing

Wikipedia knows all!

#3   Caael 

• Master Adept
        • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 27 November 2006 - 12:59 PM

Yeah, thats how I solved it, but I scrapped the first Hypothesis. I really couldnt do it. So now I need a 3rd Hypothesis to dod with the questionaires I sent out. I have completed the Gender vs Company, and from a stratified sample of questionaires ( 12 of them) 6 prefered ninty, 4 for sony and 2 microsoft.

Argh I hate coursework.

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic